Options

Idf soldiers told to kill civilians •*graphic

badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
edited August 2014 in A Moving Train
Here's a story making the rounds and sounds like it's gonna be released. Could be a game changer. Idf soldiers are starting to speak out about orders given to them. Again, it's just starting to get out. I read in the next coupe of days it's gonna come out and it isn't gonna look good for them.

Post edited by badbrains on

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,160
    i saw this earlier today.

this has war crime written all over it. if not that, then a hate crime...

if this is true, this can get some people in the israeli government executed. not jailed, but executed.

i swear to fucking god, from what i am reading about this latest war, with the targeting of civilians, if you stick a pair of SS lightning bolts on the uniform, i would never be able to tell the difference.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I hear ya rod. I mean, why not just exterminate them all at once instead of slowly systematically killing them. Why not just get it over with? Tell me again how the idf ISNT targeting civilians or children. It's got to be getting nauseating defending these war criminals hour after hour.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Disgusting. We're not supposed to call this a genocide because of how "surgical" the Israeli strikes are. Well, what about this now? What about more than 1100 dead, most of them civilians? When does it become a genocide? Disgusting.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    JimmyV said:

Disgusting. We're not supposed to call this a genocide because of how "surgical" the Israeli strikes are. Well, what about this now? What about more than 1100 dead, most of them civilians? When does it become a genocide? Disgusting.

Ya jim, hard to argue anymore when pieces like this keep coming out. Thank god there's Israelis who have hearts and know the difference between right and wrong, and aren't afraid to speak.

Did u see the comment about how when this comes out, that soldiers life is gonna be in danger? Something to that effect? Crazy.
  • Options
    this is a big accusation. i am not going to throw it around lightly. i am going to wait until this story gets published and into the media. most likely won't even get reported here in the states. god forbid the media here post something that could cast israel in a negative light....

i hope that this idf person who is giving this information has withheld his name, because i am thinking that he might be in some serious danger at the hands of his own comrades.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    #byrnzienews.com,

you got anything from your area of the world on this story??

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited July 2014
    Same as happened during Operation Cast Lead 2008-2009. The Israel's were found guilty on multiple counts of deliberately targeting civilians and medical personnel by every investigation conducted by all the major human rights organizations.

Amnesty Report - Operation 'Cast Lead': 22 days of death and destruction: P.13-53 http://www.amnesty.org/ar/library/asset/MDE15/015/2009/en/8f299083-9a74-4853-860f-0563725e633a/mde150152009en.pdf

P.14: Based on the evidence it gathered in the course of its field research and other information from a wide range of sources, including that made available by the Israeli authorities, Amnesty International believes that many Palestinian unarmed civilians were killed in attacks and as a result of practices which violated international humanitarian law, and that Israeli forces:

-
    failed to take all feasible precautions in the choice of means and methods of attack with a view to avoiding, or at least to minimizing, incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians and damage to civilian objects;
    -
    carried out disproportionate and indiscriminate attacks;
    -
    carried out direct attacks on civilians and civilian objects, including medical personnel and vehicles;
    -
    failed to allow timely access to and passage of medical and relief personnel and vehicles.

And back in 2005:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/sep/06/israel
    Israeli soldiers tell of indiscriminate killings by army and a culture of impunity
    Whistleblowers' testimony shows desire for revenge on Palestinians

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/sep/06/israel1

Israeli troops say they were given shoot-to-kill order
    5 September 2005

Israeli military prosecutors have opened criminal investigations following allegations by soldiers that they carried out illegal shoot-to-kill orders against unarmed Palestinians.

The 17 separate investigations were prompted by the testimony of dozens of troops collected by Breaking the Silence, a pressure group of former Israeli soldiers committed to exposing human rights abuses by the military in suppressing the Palestinian intifada. The investigations cover a range of allegations, including misuse of weapons and other misuses of power.

Some of the soldiers, who also spoke to the Guardian, say they acted on standing orders in some parts of the Palestinian territories to open fire on people regardless of whether they were armed or not, or posed any physical threat.

The soldiers say that in some situations they were ordered to shoot anyone who appeared on a roof or a balcony, anyone who appeared to be kneeling to the ground or anyone who appeared on the street at a designated time. Among those killed by soldiers acting on the orders were young children...
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    I hear you guys here. This is just flat out horrible atrocity and here is a good place to speak out on it. You've heard me speak of love and peace where love and peace is the topic. But here it is about atrocities. Horrible fucking atrocities. Yes, we should call out that shit every time we hear about it and call it out in the right place. I'm with you, here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
  • Options
    Precision bombing:

• Options
  • Options

This is a leader of a country. A mother first
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Hitler did this during WWII to England and the reason he did it was to brake the will of the English people and drive them into submission, as aweful as this is it is war and unfortunatly this what happens during war espically when dealing with an underdeveloped country.
    everybody screams here at the train "they're killing inocent civilans and babies" and I agree/believe it's a sin they will pay for...but guess what ?...it's a war and the dirty business of war kills without seperation, it does not matter what one side or the other wants because to one side or the other the means to an end is only thru war and war's kill everybody not just the bad guy's ("war is hell - G.Patton)

Godfather.
  • Options
    Are they trying to silence them? Is it possible that maybe, just maybe Israel is "planting" these missiles being found in the UN safety zone schools?

• Options

Hitler did this during WWII to England and the reason he did it was to brake the will of the English people and drive them into submission, as aweful as this is it is war and unfortunatly this what happens during war espically when dealing with an underdeveloped country.
    everybody screams here at the train "they're killing inocent civilans and babies" and I agree/believe it's a sin they will pay for...but guess what ?...it's a war and the dirty business of war kills without seperation, it does not matter what one side or the other wants because to one side or the other the means to an end is only thru war and war's kill everybody not just the bad guy's ("war is hell - G.Patton)

Godfather.

I actually read this and for the first time didn't shit my pants in anger from one of your posts. Only thing I'll say to this is that this is ISNT a war. There's only 1 army here. And that army is slaughtering children and women mercilessly. It has to stop.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Are they trying to silence them? Is it possible that maybe, just maybe Israel is "planting" these missiles being found in the UN safety zone schools?

that's what I heard yesterday.

Godfather.

• Options
    Nope, not targeting children or women.

• Options
    Oh shit, we better watch out. Saw on John Stewart that the us sold $11,000,000,000 yes that's $11 BILLION dollars worth of military aid to Qatar. Yup, that's the same Qatar funding Hamas. Can we say "conflict of interest?" We give Israel supposedly $3 billion a year, Qatar just got 4X that. Hmmm
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    badbrains said:

I'm going to stick with Occam's Razor and say no... Besides, there are plenty of certain faults of Israel's worth criticizing, it's not worth venturing into speculations in my opinion.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    This is HUGE! Let's see if he sticks to his guns. Magic Johnson and former retired NBA players cancel attendance in Jerusalem slated in sept.

• Options
  • Options
    Byrnzie said:

Precision bombing:

wow
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Godfather.

A blunt piece offered here that isn't necessarily wrong with the exception that I think we can call this for what it is: a one-sided slaughter that is amounting to a genocide.

I get the feeling there is a lot of external pressure on Israel for their actions, yet it looks as if they don't give two shits. What kind of intervention is necessary for them to back off their aggression?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options

Godfather.

It's not a war, it's a massacre.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    In case anyone's still in any doubt - is your head buried in the sand? - that this is a massacre: http://www.unrwa.org//newsroom/official-statements/unrwa-strongly-condemns-israeli-shelling-its-school-gaza-serious#.U9jgCdJLOmo.twitter
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Oh shit, we better watch out. Saw on John Stewart that the us sold $11,000,000,000 yes that's $11 BILLION dollars worth of military aid to Qatar. Yup, that's the same Qatar funding Hamas. Can we say "conflict of interest?" We give Israel supposedly $3 billion a year, Qatar just got 4X that. Hmmm

our government is stupid like that,we shouldn't be giving any support or selling anything to anybody in the middle east in my humble opinion.

Godfather.

• Options
    Byrnzie said:

Godfather.

It's not a war, it's a massacre.

war...massacre it's all the same for one side or the other, was hitlers extermination of the Jews a massacre ?,was the civil war a massacre ?...patata potato.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Interesting article here. You have to have respect for the Hamas fighters who've been fighting a David Vs Goliath battle against the IDF. And the difference being that the Hamas/Qassam Brigades target soldiers, whereas the IDF target civilians.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/daring-and-lethal-palestinian-raids-gaza-sap-israeli-morale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAhozItSq0#t=189

Daring and lethal Palestinian raids from Gaza sap Israeli morale
    07/30/2014

The Israeli army is reeling from two attacks behind its lines by fighters of the Qassam Brigades, the military resistance wing of Hamas.

The attacks are feeding a sense in Israel that its ground assault on Gaza is turning into a disaster and there are indications that Israeli anger and frustration are being taken out with even more deliberate killings of Palestinian civilians.

On Monday, four Israeli soldiers were killed and ten injured when Palestinian resistance fighters fired mortars across the boundary from Gaza.

But the most dramatic incident was a commando raid in which seven Qassam fighters emerged from a tunnel, raided a fortified Israeli army outpost at Nahal Oz inside Israel, killed five soldiers according to the Israeli count, and returned safely to Gaza through the tunnel.

Qassam said its fighters killed 10 Israeli combatants in the attack...

Along with the video of the raid, Qassam’s commander Muhammad Deif released an audio recording saying that his group would not accept a ceasefire which did not end the siege of Gaza. Deif said that his fighters were prepared for a long battle and were working according to a plan rather than “reacting” to events like Israel.

Deif said that the “enemy” had been “defeated” in its ground war and would continue to pay a heavy price as long as its army was in Gaza.

The latest resistance attacks across Israeli lines have rattled frontline Israeli soldiers, one of whom grumbled to Ynet that ” I’m not sure where is safer, inside or outside” Gaza.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on