Options

Idf soldiers told to kill civilians •*graphic

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    mickeyrat said:

wow, tons of pics of protest here

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/worldwide-protest-israeli.html

about a third of the way down, protest here in my hometown of Columbus, on the grounds of the Statehouse facing the State Office Tower and governors offices

Shit Mickey, u could've saved me some time and posted this hrs ago! Hahahahaha. Awesome man, awesome!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

about a third of the way down, protest here in my hometown of Columbus, on the grounds of the Statehouse facing the State Office Tower and governors offices

Shit Mickey, u could've saved me some time and posted this hrs ago! Hahahahaha. Awesome man, awesome!
    I'm glad Mickey didn't post that. I choked up looking at picture after picture... For anyone who has Palestinian blood running through their veins, I'm so glad that you finally have the proof that, finally, the world gives a shit.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

well, you got me looking for my hometown. I dont watch tv news so I wasnt aware of the protests here.

OSU is in summer session drastically reduced student body, so i think if it was next month or early september the plurality of 58K students would be very vocal.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

I'm glad Mickey didn't post that. I choked up looking at picture after picture... For anyone who has Palestinian blood running through their veins, I'm so glad that you finally have the proof that, finally, the world gives a shit.
    Wtf is going on in this world when a Jew and a Muslim choke up looking at pics of protests for solidarity???? It's called being humans FIRST, and FRIENDS second.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

well, you got me looking for my hometown. I dont watch tv news so I wasnt aware of the protests here.

OSU is in summer session drastically reduced student body, so i think if it was next month or early september the plurality of 58K students would be very vocal.
    Wow, I'm amazed something I posted actually did something! Thanks Mickey! Props man!
  • Options
    You do all the time with me anyway. You and others here confirm what I already knew, felt and then learned in face to face meetings with muslims at my old job, we are all just people. Not so different and want largely the same things in life.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Thanks for posting all that badbrains. Nice to see a little injection of positivity. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Thanks for posting all that badbrains. Nice to see a little injection of positivity. Keep up the good work.

Thanks buddy! Just doing my best to keep info flowing wether it be positive or negative, people have to know. I appreciate it, thank u
  • Options
    Sorry you never got to meet your mother or father. Sorry you never got to see the sun rise for the first time. Sorry you never got to smile, laugh, cry, love, and most of all, LIVE. Rip little angel....

X(

• Options
    Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child
    Radio exchange contradicts army version of Gaza killing

Chris McGreal in Jerusalem
    Follow @chrismcgrealFollow @guardian
    The Guardian, Wednesday 24 November 2004 00.02 GMT

An Israeli army officer who repeatedly shot a 13-year-old Palestinian girl in Gaza dismissed a warning from another soldier that she was a child by saying he would have killed her even if she was three years old.

The officer, identified by the army only as Captain R, was charged this week with illegal use of his weapon, conduct unbecoming an officer and other relatively minor infractions after emptying all 10 bullets from his gun's magazine into Iman al-Hams when she walked into a "security area" on the edge of Rafah refugee camp last month.

A tape recording of radio exchanges between soldiers involved in the incident, played on Israeli television, contradicts the army's account of the events and appears to show that the captain shot the girl in cold blood.

The official account claimed that Iman was shot as she walked towards an army post with her schoolbag because soldiers feared she was carrying a bomb.

But the tape recording of the radio conversation between soldiers at the scene reveals that, from the beginning, she was identified as a child and at no point was a bomb spoken about nor was she described as a threat. Iman was also at least 100 yards from any soldier.

Instead, the tape shows that the soldiers swiftly identified her as a "girl of about 10" who was "scared to death".

The tape also reveals that the soldiers said Iman was headed eastwards, away from the army post and back into the refugee camp, when she was shot.

At that point, Captain R took the unusual decision to leave the post in pursuit of the girl. He shot her dead and then "confirmed the kill" by emptying his magazine into her body.

The tape recording is of a three-way conversation between the army watchtower, the army post's operations room and the captain, who was a company commander.

The soldier in the watchtower radioed his colleagues after he saw Iman: "It's a little girl. She's running defensively eastward."

Operations room: "Are we talking about a girl under the age of 10?"

Watchtower: "A girl of about 10, she's behind the embankment, scared to death."

A few minutes later, Iman is shot in the leg from one of the army posts.

The watchtower: "I think that one of the positions took her out."

The company commander then moves in as Iman lies wounded and helpless.

Captain R: "I and another soldier ... are going in a little nearer, forward, to confirm the kill ... Receive a situation report. We fired and killed her ... I also confirmed the kill. Over."

Witnesses described how the captain shot Iman twice in the head, walked away, turned back and fired a stream of bullets into her body. Doctors at Rafah's hospital said she had been shot at least 17 times.

On the tape, the company commander then "clarifies" why he killed Iman: "This is commander. Anything that's mobile, that moves in the zone, even if it's a three-year-old, needs to be killed. Over."

The army's original account of the killing said that the soldiers only identified Iman as a child after she was first shot. But the tape shows that they were aware just how young the small, slight girl was before any shots were fired.

The case came to light after soldiers under the command of Captain R went to an Israeli newspaper to accuse the army of covering up the circumstances of the killing.

A subsequent investigation by the officer responsible for the Gaza strip, Major General Dan Harel, concluded that the captain had "not acted unethically".

However, the military police launched an investigation, which resulted in charges against the unit commander.

Iman's parents have accused the army of whitewashing the affair by filing minor charges against Captain R. They want him prosecuted for murder.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/nov/24/israel
  • Options
    dignin said:

An Israeli army officer who repeatedly shot a 13-year-old Palestinian girl in Gaza dismissed a warning from another soldier that she was a child by saying he would have killed her even if she was three years old.

The officer, identified by the army only as Captain R, was charged this week with illegal use of his weapon, conduct unbecoming an officer and other relatively minor infractions after emptying all 10 bullets from his gun's magazine into Iman al-Hams when she walked into a "security area" on the edge of Rafah refugee camp last month.

A tape recording of radio exchanges between soldiers involved in the incident, played on Israeli television, contradicts the army's account of the events and appears to show that the captain shot the girl in cold blood.

The official account claimed that Iman was shot as she walked towards an army post with her schoolbag because soldiers feared she was carrying a bomb.

But the tape recording of the radio conversation between soldiers at the scene reveals that, from the beginning, she was identified as a child and at no point was a bomb spoken about nor was she described as a threat. Iman was also at least 100 yards from any soldier.

Instead, the tape shows that the soldiers swiftly identified her as a "girl of about 10" who was "scared to death".

The tape also reveals that the soldiers said Iman was headed eastwards, away from the army post and back into the refugee camp, when she was shot.

At that point, Captain R took the unusual decision to leave the post in pursuit of the girl. He shot her dead and then "confirmed the kill" by emptying his magazine into her body.

The tape recording is of a three-way conversation between the army watchtower, the army post's operations room and the captain, who was a company commander.

The soldier in the watchtower radioed his colleagues after he saw Iman: "It's a little girl. She's running defensively eastward."

Captain R: "I and another soldier ... are going in a little nearer, forward, to confirm the kill ... Receive a situation report. We fired and killed her ... I also confirmed the kill. Over."

Witnesses described how the captain shot Iman twice in the head, walked away, turned back and fired a stream of bullets into her body. Doctors at Rafah's hospital said she had been shot at least 17 times.

On the tape, the company commander then "clarifies" why he killed Iman: "This is commander. Anything that's mobile, that moves in the zone, even if it's a three-year-old, needs to be killed. Over."

The army's original account of the killing said that the soldiers only identified Iman as a child after she was first shot. But the tape shows that they were aware just how young the small, slight girl was before any shots were fired.

The case came to light after soldiers under the command of Captain R went to an Israeli newspaper to accuse the army of covering up the circumstances of the killing.

A subsequent investigation by the officer responsible for the Gaza strip, Major General Dan Harel, concluded that the captain had "not acted unethically".

However, the military police launched an investigation, which resulted in charges against the unit commander.

Iman's parents have accused the army of whitewashing the affair by filing minor charges against Captain R. They want him prosecuted for murder.

He'll have a street named after him. Wow, if that isn't a war crime or murder or EVIL, then I don't know what it......
  • Options
    This was really interesting....too long to copy and paste so you will have to click the link.

The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
    The slickness of Israel's spokesmen is rooted in directions set down by the pollster Frank Luntz

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/israelgaza-conflict-the-secret-report-that-helps-israelis-to-hide-facts-9630765.html
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    dignin said:

unacceptable....
    this guy should be immediately removed from command and tried for murder,

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    badbrains said:
    I may of missed it, but do you or have you or anyone else seen a list of pro Israeli celebs? I know Bill Maher is supporting Israel (which he has just about always done).
  • Options
    Timothy mcvie was charged
    Idris said:

badbrains said:
    I may of missed it, but do you or have you or anyone else seen a list of pro Israeli celebs? I know Bill Maher is supporting Israel (which he has just about always done).
    I found this, it has I think maybe 6 people. Look what Joan rivers says. Nope, not genocide.....

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/30/6_obscene_celebrity_rants_in_support_of_israels_assault_on_gaza_partner/
  • Options
    Piece worth reading about when genocide is permissible

• Options
    This article is so comical, I mean just read it. I'm mean really read it and see if it comes off comical.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/gaza-us-condemns-barbaric-hamas-ceasefire-breach-121139953.html#Nglr7lW
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here's another article about the cease fire incident:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/08/01/Israel-Hamas-agree-72-hour-Gaza-ceasefire.html

"The Israeli army aid two soldiers were killed in fighting in the Gaza Strip Friday and named a third man feared captured as a Second Lieutenant Hadar Goldin, 23. Earlier an army spokesman said a 72-hour truce that was to have taken effect Friday morning was now over due to the incident."

Now if this happened before the cease fire began, then what's the issue? I dnt get it, are just Palestinian women/children the only targets acceptable? What I got out of that article is that Israel canceled the cease fire because this idf soldier was "captured" during the time of the conflict, NOT after the cease fire began. Anybody else get that?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:

that is fucking terrible
    everytime I see one of these dead innocent kids, my heart is breaking
    we should be communicating with our leaders to stop these massacres.
    stop sending them munitions, goddamn it

Some of us are.

Sent to the White House yesterday by my better half:

"Dear Mr. President and White House staffers: I would like to briefly express my dismay at the United States' perceived policy decision to continue to arm an ally that appears to be willfully killing women and children in UN shelters as they play and sleep. Regardless of where our ally believes rockets are hidden, I feel it is deeply, deeply wrong to demonstrate support for actions that have killed and injured innocent parties seeking safety in places they were told were safe. Sanctuaries -- and hospitals, too -- are meant to be spaces of respite and healing in the midst of an attack. I would urge our country not to yield this point. Please, let's stop permitting little kids to get caught in the middle of unending, heavyhanded and violent conflict while they are vulnerable and dreaming. We have the opportunity to impact their present and future for the better, and we should take it."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

lolobugg said:

that is fucking terrible

Some of us are.

"Dear Mr. President and White House staffers: I would like to briefly express my dismay at the United States' perceived policy decision to continue to arm an ally that appears to be willfully killing women and children in UN shelters as they play and sleep. Regardless of where our ally believes rockets are hidden, I feel it is deeply, deeply wrong to demonstrate support for actions that have killed and injured innocent parties seeking safety in places they were told were safe. Sanctuaries -- and hospitals, too -- are meant to be spaces of respite and healing in the midst of an attack. I would urge our country not to yield this point. Please, let's stop permitting little kids to get caught in the middle of unending, heavyhanded and violent conflict while they are vulnerable and dreaming. We have the opportunity to impact their present and future for the better, and we should take it."
    That is very articulate,
    You mind if I steal this to sign my name too as well.
    what's the direct email address?....
    sorry I am at work,
    figured you would know it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Hey Dan, =D> That letter was PERFECT. Take your wife out for some bangen dinner, she deserves it man!

#ProtectGaza
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lolobugg said:

dankind said:

lolobugg said:

that is fucking terrible

Some of us are.

That is very articulate,
    sorry I am at work,
    Again, the letter was written by my better half, so I cannot give permission to anyone else to use it. They were formed by her emotions and how they came together with her mind.

I don't know the exact address that she sent it to -- she may have more privileged information than the rest of us (myself included) -- but you can write something from your own heart and submit it here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments.

Thanks.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Take your wife out for some bangen dinner, she deserves it man!

Are you offering to babysit?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

lolobugg said:

dankind said:

lolobugg said:

that is fucking terrible

Some of us are.

That is very articulate,
    sorry I am at work,
    Again, the letter was written by my better half, so I cannot give permission to anyone else to use it. They were formed by her emotions and how they came together with her mind.

I don't know the exact address that she sent it to -- she may have more privileged information than the rest of us (myself included) -- but you can write something from your own heart and submit it here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments.

Thanks.
    sorry,
    I missed the "better half" part....
    but kudos to her. I will def be sending something once I get off work.
    I would also recommend to everyone to do so.
    We might not be able to influence Israel's policy but we can at least stop their weapon supply

thx for the web address.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dankind said:

badbrains said:

Take your wife out for some bangen dinner, she deserves it man!

Are you offering to babysit?
    I'm free next fri if you need one. It would be my pleasure.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dankind said:

The two occasions when rockets were found in schools they were found in empty schools. No civilians were present.

• Options
    badbrains said:
    hmm, $26 million in rocket launchers and similar projectors? THAT is very interesting to me. Biggest expenditure so far this year.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    badbrains said:

Piece worth reading about when genocide is permissible

this dude is no longer able to blog for that paper. he then issued a weak ass fake apology for writing what he wrote. i'm sorry, but you can't take it back. he wrote what he really believes. he should stand by it.

oh the irony. a vast majority of israelis are directly related to someone who was impacted by the genocide called the holocaust. now this guy is advocating for genocide. he is the worst kind of person.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."