U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• cool! Would love to see some photos.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    definitely.
    hopefully, i get my cam in too and take some nice photos.I got decent seats in the Loge.
  • OK Bathgate, where are you? I need a full report of the show last night!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bruce made it to the show last night.
    He looked as he did in the " bedazzler " photos from the Light Of Day Benefit a few weeks back, gray milkman hat and all .
    The security was insane as usual- no pics or vids to share. :mad:
    It was great to see him playing an electric guitar again.! :jam: :eek: :eek:
    Bruce hit the stage approx 1130 pm, Oh yeah- i met and chatted with Senetor Lautenberg of NJ afterwards. Huge Bruce fan.

Setlist : Darlington County , Spirit In The Night , Seaside Bar Song , Waitin' On A Sunny Day , *10th Avenue Freeze Out ( w/ Jon Bon Jovi and full horn sections :eek: ) , Santa Claus Is Coming To Town ( full stage ) .

* The last E Street Tour this basically was dropped off the setlists for " Marys Place " ( the extended long band intros , ect ) , so it was nice to hear this again and especially with all the horns and all those electric guitars ... :eek: :eek:

photos some poeple snuck in there- i was in the loge with only 3 rows , it extended down over the orchestra- so security was too tighht to even take my cam out ) :crying: i actually enjoyed the show instead of looking thru the lens.

DSCN4361a.jpg

DSCN4360a.jpg

DSCN4365.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

JBJ & Southside
    standard.jpg

standard.jpg

these 2 take the cake.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    these 2 take the cake.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

:eek: WHAT song was going on there?! lol
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    :eek: WHAT song was going on there?! lol

this was during the finale' Santa Claus Is Coming To Town .

All the artists were on stage for this.

Also , they had some sort of reception afterwards, on the rear part of the building that was open to trhe adjacent street ( Pearl Street )
    We saw some of the guys out there , La Bamba waved at us and said goodnight.
    platessmall.jpg
    PAGE ONE

Tim McLoone
    5 songs
    SS Johnny
    4 songs
    Run Rudolph - A
    Who Says You Can't Go Home - G

PAGE TWO

Then He Kissed Me - E
    Da Do Run - Eb
    Be My Baby - E
    Not Alone Anymore - C
    Wait Till My Bobby - F
    Love Messin w/ Mind - G
    White Xmas - Bb
    Let it Be - C
    Spanish Harlem - D
    Pretty Angel Eyes
    River Deep - Bb
    R7R Radio - G
    Hurricane - A-

PAGE THREE

Bruce
    Darlington County - G
    Spirit in the Night - E-
    Seaside Bar Song - E
    Sunny Day - C
    10th Ave Freeze - F
    Santa Claus Comin to Town - G
    platessmall.jpg
    Lost Masters Essential Collection Vol. 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WHAL3RM1

Disc One

1. Prove It All Night With lyrics from "Something In The Night"
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios or The Record Plant, New York City, August 1977. From "The Lost Masters III: Rattling the Chains (Darkness Masters Volume II)."

2. Factory Alternative lyrics
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios or The Record Plant, New York City, August 1977. From "The Lost Masters III: Rattling the Chains (Darkness Masters Volume II)."

3. Sherry Darling
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios, New York City, June through August 1977. From "The Lost Masters III: Rattling the Chains (Darkness Masters Volume II)."

4. Independence Day Original version
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. The Record Plant, New York City, September 1977. From "The Lost Masters III: Rattling the Chains (Darkness Masters Volurne II)."

5. Drive All Night #1 Original version
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios, New York City. From "The Lost Masters II: One Way Street (Darkness Masters Volume I)."

6. The Promise
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios, New York City, August 1977. From The Lost Masters II. One Way Street (Darkness Masters Volume I)."

7. Candy’S Boy #1
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios, New York City, June 1977. From The Lost Masters II. One Way Street (Darkness Masters Volume I)."

8. Racing In The Street #1 Alternate Version with harp
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios, New York City August 1977. From "The Lost Masters II: One Way Street (Darkness Masters Volume I)."

9. One Way Street
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Atlantic Studios, New York City, June 1977. From "The Lost Masters II: One Way Street (Darkness Masters Volume I)."

10. I Wanna Marry You #1 Alternate take with new vocal, spoken intro, and no sax or backing vocal at the end
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Power Station Studios, New York City July 20th 1979. From "The Lost Masters V: Heaven’s Dawn (Unreleased River Masters Volume I)."

11. Walking On The Avenue #2
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Los Angeles, Califomia early 1979. From "The Lost Masters IX: Love is a Gun (Solo Masters Volume III)."

12. Baby Come Back
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Los Angeles, Califomia early 1979. From "The Lost Masters IX: Love is a Gun (Solo Masters Volume III)."

13. Living On The Edge #3 Buddy Holly-type song (similar to "Warm California Sun")
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Rehearsal at Telegraph Hi// Studio, Holmdel, New Jersey November 15th 1979. From "The Lost Masters XII: Buddy Holly Revisited (The Telegraph Hill Rehearsals Volume II)."

14. Jole Blon #1
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Rehearsal at Telegraph Hi11 Studio, Holmdel, New Jersey, January 11th 1980. From "The Lost Masters XIII: Restless Days (The Telegraph Hill Rehearsals Volume III)."

15. Restless Nights #8 New version with superb guitar work
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Rehearsal at Telegraph Hill Studio, Holmdel, New Jersey January 11th 1980. From "The Lost Masters XIII: Restless Days (The Telegraph Hill Rehearsals Volume III)."

Disc Two

1. Wreck On The Highway Country version
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Rehearsal at Telegraph Hill Studio, Holmdel, New Jersey, January 11th 1980. From "The Lost Masters XIII: Restless Days (The Telegraph Hill Rehearsals Volume III)."

2. Slow Fade #3 Early version of "Follow That Dream," with lyrics from "Loose Ends."
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Rehearsal at Telegraph Hill Studio, Holmdel, New Jersey, February 5th 1980. From "The Lost Masters XV: Slow Fade (The Telegraph Hill Rehearsals Volume V)."

3. Jackson Cage #2 Alternate version of "Jackson Cage", with different lyrics and different music
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Rehearsal at Telegraph Hill Studio, Holmdel, New Jersey, February 5th 1980. From "The Lost Masters XV: Slow Fade (The Telegraph Hill Rehearsals Volume V)."

4. Stockton Boys #2
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey, January 11th 1980. From "The Lost Masters VII: Stockton Boy (Solo Masters Volume I)."

5. Stockton Girls
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey, January 11th 1980. From "The Lost Masters VII: Stockton Boy (Solo Masters Volume I)."

6. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch) #2 Reggae version
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey, January 11th 1980. From "The Lost Masters VII: Stockton Boy (SOIO Masters Volume I)."

7. You Gotta Be Kind

8. Fade To Black #1
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey July 8th 1981. From "The Lost Masters VIl: Stockton Boy (Solo Masters Volume I)."

9. Born In The U.S.A.
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Acoustic Outtake. Four Track Mix. Colts Neck, New Jersey, December 1981, January 1982. From "The Lost Masters l: One Night in Colts Neck (The Complete Nebraska Session)."

10. Child Bride Later retitled "Working on the Highway"
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Acoustic Outtake. Four Track Mix. Colts Neck, New Jersey, December 1981/January 1982. From "The Lost Masters I: One Night in Colts Neck (The Complete Nebraska Session)."

11. Working On The Highway
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Power Station Studios, New York, possibly May 1982. From "The Lost Masters XIX: Born in the U.S.A. Rare Masters."

12. Glory Days With extra verse
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Power Station Studios, New York, January thru May 1983. From "The Lost Masters XIX: Born in the U.S.A. Rare Masters."

13. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Power Station Studios, January thru May 1983. From "The Lost Masters XIX: Born in the U.S.A. Rare Masters."

14. Frankie
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Power Station Studios, New York, possibly May 1982. From "The Lost Masters XIX: Born in the U.S.A. Rare Masters."

15. Delivery Man #1
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Outtake. Hollywood Hills Garage Studio, Los Angeles, Califomia, January thru May 1983. From "The Lost Masters XVII: Hollywood Hills Garage Tapes (Unreleased Masters Volume II)."

16. Little Girl #1 Double track vocais
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Outtake. Eight or 24-track Mix. Hollywood Hills Garage Studio, Los Angeles, California, August 1982 through April 1983. From "The Lost Masters XVI: Hollywood Hills Garage Tapes (Unreleased Masters Volume I)."

17. Sugarland #3 Country version
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Outtake. Eight or 24-track Mix. Hollywood Hills Garage Studio, Los Angeles, Califomia, August 1982 through April 1983. From "The Lost Masters XVI: Hollywood Hills Garage Tapes (Unreleased Masters Volume I)."

18. The Klansman
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Outtake. 24-track Mix. Hollywood Hills Garage Studio, Los Angeles, California January 4th 1983. From "The Lost Masters XVI: Hollywood Hills Garage Tapes (Unreleased Masters Volume I)."

19. Betty Jean
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Outtake. Eight or 24-track Mix. Hollywood Hills Garage Studio, Los Angeles, Califomia August 1982 through April 1983. From "The Lost Masters XVI: Hollywood Hills Garage Tapes (Unreleased Masters Volume I)."

20. Seven Tears
    Bruce Springsteen. Solo Outtake. 24-track Mix. Hollywood Hills Garage Studio, Los Angeles, California, January 4th 1983. From "The Lost Masters XVI: Hollywood Hills Garage Tapes (Unreleased Masters Volume I)."
    Bonus Tracks Unavailable Elsewhere

21. Jackson Cage
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey, circa January 1980. Bruce sings new lyrics over the music of "Restless Nights" from tape of band rehearsal from January 1980.

22. Stolen Car
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey, circa January 1980. Bruce sings new lyrics over the music of "Restless Nights" from tape of band rehearsal from January 1980.

23. James Lincoln Dear
    Bruce Springsteen. Acoustic home demo. Holmdel, New Jersey, circa 1981 or 1982. Unreleased home demo which would evolve into "Richfield Whistle." Recorded possibly around the time of the "Nebraska" home sessions.
    platessmall.jpg
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Holy crap I was going to bed but I think I'll hit that first - thanks!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    "He always has two albums in his pocket, OK? Always. If he's got a jacket on, he's got three albums. ... I wouldn't be surprised if we get that phone call soon. I don't know if it will be '07, but we will certainly make a new record."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/12/07/arts/NA_A-E_MUS_US_Little_Stevens_Label.php
    god i so love to see bruce and the band again.it was muscial orgasm when i saw them for the first time
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

WHEN THEY SAID "ALL-STAR," THEY MEANT IT

The Boss man joins the band for Bobby B's holiday jam
    On Tuesday night, "The Bobby Bandiera All-Star Holiday Concert" lived up to its billing, as Bobby wrangled a whole host of New Jersey greats for a full night of holiday cheer. The show was a benefit for the PALS Support Group, a charity started by Terry Magovern in memory of Joan Dancy. After a few words from Dave Marsh about the good cause, it was right into nearly four hours of music: Tim McLoone and his Holiday Express kicked things off, followed by sets from the balcony-storming Mark Pender and LaBamba, Bandiera's smokin' Rock and Soul Revue, Southside Johnny, and Gary U.S. Bonds. The night's penultimate artist was Bon Jovi, who turned in a charming set of yuletide R&B, like "Please Come Home for Christmas," "Blue Christmas," and "Run Run Rudolph." Dave Gaetano tells us, "It was a fantastic evening of music. The night kept building and building. Everyone knows the vibe that is present when Bruce is going to be making an appearance, and that electricity was in the air from the pre-show reception right on through the last notes of the evening."

Yes, then there was Bruce, closing the show with a 35-minute set. Backed by Bandiera's Rock and Soul Revue, plus a big swath of Jukes making for an immense horn section, Springsteen brought the heat.

Flynn McLean writes: "Bruce was on fire from the minute he sauntered on stage last night, casually picked up an electric guitar, and launched right into the opening chords of 'Darlington County.' In a setting where he could have played it cool, he took it up a notch and had the entire theatre eating out of his hand. While many fans were just happy to see him strap on an electric guitar, Bruce showed that he could still make it talk -- the intensity of his playing, especially on 'Spirit in the Night,' not usually a guitar-driven song, blew everyone away. Bruce let the audience take over a couple of lines during 'Spirit,' much to its delight. The horns added a lot to 'Darlington' and 'Seaside Bar Song,' and, of course, 'Tenth Avenue Freeze-out,' which included Jon Bon Jovi. A fun 'Waitin' on a Sunny Day,' which Bruce dedicated to Terry, could have been better than in 2003.

"The finale of Santa Claus brought the surreal images of Bruce sharing the stage with the Grinch (not Southside Johnny, but a person in an actual Grinch suit) and a couple of Sesame Street characters. [It was a 'Flaming Lips-like scene,' says Gaetano.] Jon asked Bruce if he had been good this year, and Bruce responded by playing some hot licks on the guitar while Santa Claus bore witness. It was just a great night, even if the show lagged a bit at points over the course of the night before Bruce took the stage. And wWhile we certainly enjoyed the artistry of Devils & Dust and the enthusiasm of the Seeger Sessions, last night reminded us of what Bruce does best: rock the house."
    -December 13, 2006 - photos by Kevin O'Keefe
    platessmall.jpg
    Shore legends play Santa
    Springsteen and Bon Jovi lead rollicking revelry that tops $100,000 for ALS
    Thursday, December 14, 2006

BY JAY LUSTIG
    Star-Ledger Staff
    POP/ROCK

For once, Bruce Springsteen was at a loss for words.

He and Jon Bon Jovi were exchanging banter at the end of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," the grand finale of the Bobby Bandiera All-Star Concert that took place Tuesday night at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank.

Bon Jovi, playing Santa Claus, asked him if he had been good this year. Springsteen replied that he had.

Then Bon Jovi threw him a curveball, asking him to define "good."

Springsteen hesitated a moment, then played a sweet, lyrical guitar solo that appeared to be an attempt to define the word, nonverbally.

It was that kind of night, as old friends, including Southside Johnny Lyon and Gary U.S. Bonds, got together to raise more than $100,000 for the Joan Dancy & PALS (People with ALS) Support Group. The organization was named for the late Joan Dancy, a Middletown resident who died from ALS -- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurological disorder also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease -- last year. It was founded by Terry Magovern, who was Dancy's fiancé, and is Springsteen's longtime bodyguard, assistant and friend.

Despite the seriousness of the cause, the show had the same loose, fun spirit of Springsteen's own holiday concerts of the past. Costumed revelers (Santa Claus, the Grinch, Elmo, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and more) joined the musicians for "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." Springsteen and Bon Jovi cracked each other up with goofy dance moves when they dueted on "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out." During a set by the Mark Pender Band, trumpeter Pender, trombonist Richie "La Bamba" Rosenberg and other horn players strolled through the theater's orchestra section, then up to the balcony, continuing to play the whole time.

For his show-closing set, Springsteen was backed by Bandiera (who also played with Bon Jovi, Southside Johnny and Bonds) and 13 members of Bandiera's Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue. They created a big, brassy sound on old favorites such as "Darlington County" and "Spirit in the Night" as well as one of Springsteen's most hopeful recent songs, "Waitin' on a Sunny Day," dedicated to Magovern and the late Dancy.

Springsteen's set peaked with a fast, forceful version of "Seaside Bar Song," a'70s obscurity that he resurrected on his 1998 "Tracks" boxed set, and has performed occasionally since then.

Bon Jovi dueted with Southside Johnny on "I Don't Want to Go Home" before presenting his own set, which emphasized seasonal material such as "Blue Christmas" (sung in an Elvis-like croon), "Run Rudolph Run" and "Please Come Home for Christmas."

He closed with his recent hit, "Who Says You Can't Go Home." He introduced the song by talking about how proud he was to be from New Jersey, and how happy he was to share the stage with people like Southside Johnny ("my hero"), Springsteen ("the man"), Bonds ("one of the originators") and two original members of Southside Johnny's Asbury Jukes (keyboardist Kevin Kavanaugh and percussionist Ken "Popeye" Pentifallo).

Previously, he was also effusive in his praise of Bandiera, a longtime Juke who played guitar on the recent world tour by the Bon Jovi band. He called him a "true legend of the Jersey Shore."

The show opened with short sets by Holiday Express and the Mark Pender Band, and a long one by the Jersey Shore Rock-n-Soul Revue. The Revue concentrated on songs from their recent Phil Spector tribute concert ("Da Doo Ron Ron," "Be My Baby," "River Deep -- Mountain High," "Unchained Melody," "Let It Be"), but ended with an extended run through Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane," complete with a mesmerizing guitar solo by Bandiera, who drew from Young's own palette of earthy grunge-rock tones.

Southside Johnny sounded hoarse singing "Spanish Harlem" with the Jersey Soul Rock-n-Soul Revue, but rallied during his own set, belting out classics like "Talk to Me" and "Trapped Again." Bonds also made a cameo with the Revue, on "Little Bitty Pretty One," then returned for a set of his own, which included trademark songs like "New Orleans" and "Quarter to Three."
  • thanks for the pics Bathgate, they are great!
    platessmall.jpg
    http://www.time.com/time/2006/100albums/0,27693,Born_to_Run,00.html

Springsteen's first two albums were commercial duds. He had no money, and the sound he wanted for his third record—The Boss later described it as 'Roy Orbison singing Bob Dylan produced by Phil Spector'—required months of studio tinkering to perfect. So Jimmy Iovine (then a recording engineer, now the head of Interscope Records) took care of hiding stacks of overdue bills from the record label while Springsteen obsessed over things like just how many guitar overdubs the title track needed. If it seems trivial to note that the final tally was 12, listen again, because, it's the accumulation of details, both musical (the warm wind of the saxophone on "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out," the violin that comes out of nowhere on "Jungleland") and lyrical ('The screen door slams/ Mary's dress waves...') that makes Springsteen's grandiosity both operatic and personal. No one before or since has tried to pack as much of the American experience into 39 minutes, and no one has come as close to succeeding.
    platessmall.jpg
    interesting post- i borrowed it from backstreets

Bruce, thru Jimmy Iovine, gave Patti a cassette of the song. The lyrics were 90% done. She changed some and finished it ......

Patti's version:

Because the night

take me now baby here as I am
    pull me close, try and understand
    desire is hunger is the fire I breathe
    love is a banquet on which we feed

come on now try and understand
    the way I feel when I'm in your hands
    take my hand come undercover
    they can't hurt you now,
    can't hurt you now, can't hurt you now
    because the night belongs to lovers
    because the night belongs to lust
    because the night belongs to lovers
    because the night belongs to us

have I doubt when I'm alone
    love is a ring, the telephone
    love is an angel disguised as lust
    here in our bed until the morning comes
    come on now try and understand
    the way I feel under your command
    take my hand as the sun descends
    they can't touch you now,
    can't touch you now, can't touch you now
    because the night belongs to lovers ...

with love we sleep
    with doubt the vicious circle
    turn and burns
    without you I cannot live
    forgive, the yearning burning
    I believe it's time, too real to feel
    so touch me now, touch me now, touch me now
    because the night belongs to lovers ...

because tonight there are two lovers
    if we believe in the night we trust
    because tonight there are two lovers ...

and Bruce:

Take me now baby here as I am
    Pull me close try an understand
    I work all day out in the hot sun
    Stay with me now till the mornin' comes
    Come on now try and understand
    The way I feel when I'm in your hands
    Take me now as the sun descends
    They can't hurt you now
    They can't hurt you now
    They can't hurt you now

Because the night belongs to lovers
    Because the night belongs to us
    Because the night belongs to lovers
    Because the night belongs to us

What I got I have earned
    What I'm not I have learned
    Desire and hunger is the fire I breathe
    Just stay in my bed till the morning comes
    Come on now try and understand
    The way I feel when I'm in your hands
    Take me now as the sun descends
    They can't hurt you now
    They can't hurt you now
    They can't hurt you now

Because the night...

Your love is here and now
    The vicious circle turns and burns without
    Though I cannot live forgive me now
    The time has come to take this moment and
    They can't hurt you now

Because the night...

seeing this done sporatically on the Reunion Tour was cool . Hopefully we'll get to hear it again on the next final tour.
    platessmall.jpg
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

from last weeks holiday show.
    No you arent seeing things- its the boss with cookie monster , elmo and the grinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XScsKgpJw1c
    platessmall.jpg
    Two Unreleased Springsteen Tracks To Be Included In The Bridge School Concerts on iTunes

Beginning today, iTunes will be selling a second installment of the Bridge School Concert LP -- commemorating the 20 year anniversiary of the benefit series.

The album is packed with legendary performances, including the often-bootlegged but previously unreleased Springsteen favorites-- Born In The USA and Helpless (w/ Bridge Benefit founder Neil Young).

This release will only be available on iTunes, and a portion of proceeds will be donated to the Bridge School, an educational program dedicated to ensuring that children with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities through the use of augmentative and alternative means of communication.
    platessmall.jpg
    On December 12th, 2006 "The Bobby Bandiera All-Star Holiday Concert" presented The New Jersey Rock n Soul Review at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, New Jersey. The cast of All-Star performers included Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Gary US Bonds, Southside Johnny, Bobby Bandiera, LaBamba, Mark Pender, Joey Stann, Mr. Popeye (Pentifallo) and Bob Burger.

After the show all of the above mentioned performed signed this black Fender Telecaster guitar (see attached) to be auctioned off to benefit Sean's family. Sean has worked with various artists including Ani DiFranco, Southside Johnny, Blues Traveler and Spin Doctors.

Included with the guitar is the flyer for the show (VG condition) and the 3-page set list that laid at Bruce's feet during this show. Also comes with padded guitar case.

To bid on this guitar, visit http://www.itsonlyrocknroll.com.
    platessmall.jpg
    Merry Christmas BabyConan 2002
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSH1x3pcxuU&search=springsteen%20merry%20Christmas%20baby

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – with family Trenton 22/11/05
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJExnQIxX2M
    platessmall.jpg
    Last weeks Christmas Show ( Photos above in this thread )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VT2UH203

Bobby Bandiera All Star Holiday Concert
    Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ
    December 12 2006
    to benefit PALS (People with ALS)

Southside Johnny

01 intro
    02 Talk to Me
    03 It's Christmas Time Baby
    04 I Don't want to Go Home - w/JBJ
    05 Trapped Again

Bon Jovi

06 intro
    07 Please Come Home For Christmas
    08 Blue Christmas
    09 Run Rudolph Run
    10 Who Says You Can't Go Home

Bruce Springsteen

11 Darlington County
    12 Spirit in the Night
    13 Seaside Bar Song
    14 Waiting on a Sunny Day
    15 10th Ave Freezeout - w/JBJ
    16 Santa Claus is Coming to Town

or, if you prefer just the Bruce songs , here they are individually :

10th Avenue w/ JBJ
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355325

Seaside Bar Song
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355360

Spirit In The Night * check out this guitarwork by The Boss
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355377

Darlington County
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355393

Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355422

Santa
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355459

SSJ

Talk To Me
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355433

I Don't Wanna Go Home
    http://www.savefile.com/files/355491
    platessmall.jpg
    newsBridgeVol2.jpg

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

UNRELEASED BRIDGE TRACKS NOW ON ITUNES
    20 years after Springsteen first played Neil Young's annual Bridge School benefit, the 10/13/86 show that brought us the "Fire" video, two more of his performances from that night are officially available. "Helpless" (with Neil Young) and "Born in the U.S.A.," part of the Bridge School Collection Vol. 2, can be yours for 99 cents each, exclusively through the iTunes store. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Bridge School.
    -December 21, 2006

WHAT DO BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN , YOGI BERRA , BUZZ ALDRIN , ALBERT EINSTEN AND HARRIET TUBMAN HAVE IN COMMON ?

The New Jersey Hall of Fame is gearing up for their inaugural induction ceremony, and your vote could put Bruce in the Class of 2007. Springsteen is one of 25 nominees, which will be narrowed down to 15 for next year's induction. Voting is open until February 28. Check out http://www.njhalloffame.com for more information and to cast your ballot.
    -December 21, 2006

Go Givem' a Vote Pearl Jam / Bruce Fans ! ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    The ragamuffin gunner is returnin' home like a hungry runaway
    He walks through town all alone
    He must be from the fort he hears the high school girls say
    His countryside's burnin' with wolfman fairies dressed in drag for homicide
    The hit and run, plead sanctuary, 'neath a holy stone they hide
    They're breakin' beams and crosses with a spastic's reelin' perfection
    nuns run bald through Vatican halls pregnant, pleadin' immaculate conception
    And everybody's wrecked on Main Street from drinking unholy blood
    Sticker smiles sweet as gunner breathes deep, his ankles caked in mud
    And I said "Hey, gunner man, that's quicksand, that's quicksand that ain't mud
    Have you thrown your senses to the war or did you lose them in the flood?"

That pure American brother, dull-eyed and empty-faced
    races Sundays in Jersey in a Chevy stock super eight
    He rides 'er low on the hip, on the side he's got Bound For Glory in red, white and blue flash paint
    He leans on the hood telling racing stories, the kids call him Jimmy The Saint
    Well the blaze and noise boy, he's gunnin' that bitch loaded to blastin' point
    He rides head first into a hurricane and disappears into a point
    And there's nothin' left but some blood where the body fell
    That is, nothin' left that you could sell
    just junk all across the horizon, a real highwayman's farewell
    And he said "Hey kid, you think that's oil? Man, that ain't oil that's blood"
    I wonder what he was thinking when he hit that storm
    Or was he just lost in the flood?
    Eighth Avenue sailors in satin shirts whisper in the air
    Some storefront incarnation of Maria, she's puttin' on me the stare
    and Bronx's best apostle stands with his hand on his own hardware
    Everything stops, you hear five, quick shots, the cops come up for air
    And now the whiz-bang gang from uptown, they're shootin' up the street
    And that cat from the Bronx starts lettin' loose
    but he gets blown right off his feet
    And some kid comes blastin' round the corner but a cop puts him right away
    He lays on the street holding his leg screaming something in Spanish
    Still breathing when I walked away
    And somebody said "Hey man did you see that? His body hit the street with such a beautiful thud"
    I wonder what the dude was sayin' or was he just lost in the flood?
    Hey man, did you see that, those poor cats are sure messed up
    I wonder what they were gettin' into, or were they just lost in the flood?

that live 1975 dvd just may be the greatest concert ever.

ever.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:

ever.

word up ! ;)
    platessmall.jpg
    StoneG82 wrote:

ever.

the best part is when Bruce falls thru the bottom of the stage , but doesnt miss a beat , and keeps the song going,..

Classic .
    platessmall.jpg
    Download this one now if you don't have it. This is a great sounding Youngstown that he performed solo on Letterman in 1995.

Youngstown 12/14/95

http://www.savefile.com/files/361503
    platessmall.jpg
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    bruce's first record is criminally underrated.

that being said, the definitive versions of Lost in the Flood and Spirit in the Night are on the live 1975 cd.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    Check out this performance footage

August 15 , 1978 Largo
    Quarter To Three, Jungleland
    some of the best footage known to exist of this show. ( thanks Mr Chappelow ) alltho it ends abruptly.
    Check out Bruce working the crowd , and going absolutely crazy , jumping on the piano, on the speakers, banging the drums, and hitting piano keys with his boot. And theres his trusty Tele once again . Easy to see why he is The Boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOWKtfl44f8
    platessmall.jpg
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Great stuff......check out the video from LA Coliseum, Sept. 30th, 85. I was there! Way in the back, never sat down. A really great night. A double live album was recorded & at one point, before he starts a certain song, (not telling which), I can even hear myself scream....from waaaay in the back. Too funny.
    seagoat2 wrote:
    Great stuff......check out the video from LA Coliseum, Sept. 30th, 85. I was there! Way in the back, never sat down. A really great night. A double live album was recorded & at one point, before he starts a certain song, (not telling which), I can even hear myself scream....from waaaay in the back. Too funny.

BTR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lTw5BhtQsg&search=bruce%20springsteen%20quarter%20to%20three%20jungleland%20mrchappelow

No Surrender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsQbNz5tsDA&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20quarter%20to%20three%20jungleland%20mrchappelow

Cadillac Ranch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsQbNz5tsDA&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20quarter%20to%20three%20jungleland%20mrchappelow

This Land Is Your Land
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr6NE_N5w3c&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20quarter%20to%20three%20jungleland%20mrchappelow

Seeds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFGkd-pM_qY&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20quarter%20to%20three%20jungleland%20mrchappelow

couldnt really pick anything up of note on any of these- nothing distinctive anyhow- only a few random yells- good stuff just the same alltho 70s Bruce blows away 80s Bruce.
    platessmall.jpg
    Disc 5: And Now for Something Special

While the setlist on the Darkness tour did not tend to change wildly from night to night, a wide selection of original material was played during the course of the tour, including all of Born to Run, all of Darkness and about half of the material from the first two albums. In addition, there was a wealth of new original material, which had not made the Darkness,
    although most of these songs would be eventually released on subsequent albums and later, box sets. There is not enough space on the first three discs to include all the essential original songs played on the tour; here we compile a number of excellent performances of various songs played throughout the tour in a sort of "the rest of the best" compilation.

None of these songs were standard inclusions throughout the tour. Songs like "For You" and "Sandy" moved in and out of the set throughout the tour. But "Lost in the Flood" was only played a couple of times during the entire tour. Of particular note on this set is "The Promise", which was used as an encore early on in the tour before disappearing from the live set for over twenty years. This track had almost made it to the Darkness album and was long considered to be one of Bruce's best ever unreleased tunes. Fans and critics alike have speculated over whether the song is about the infamous lawsuit that kept Bruce from the recording studio. According to the man himself, the song was written before the lawsuit, but by 1978 Bruce was singing the song with a rewritten final verse.

Songs like the then unreleased "Independence Day" and "The Ties that Bind" underwent lyrical or music changes; compare for instance the versions here with versions on the other discs of the set. "She's the One", on the other hand was already an established live favourite from Born to Run and was played in a medley with various songs, which might change from night to night. The rampaging version from the Fox Theatre radio broadcast for instance, incorporates covers of "Not Fade Away" and "Gloria", and has some spectacular guitar work not included in the version on disc two.

By the late seventies, the E Street Band was a red hot live band routinely performing songs in renditions far superior to the versions originally laid down in the recording studio. "Incident of 57th Street" was brought to new heights by an anguished guitar solo at the end, beautiful in its mournful simplicity. While on home turf at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, NJ, the band played what may have been the tightest show of the tour; and "Kitty's Back" from that night demonstrates just how well the band could jam as a cohesive unit.

1978 represented a time when Bruce was a rising star shining at his very brightest. The music of Darkness tour can be best described as intense, emotional and sometimes dark rock 'n' roll, delivered at its most energetic and exciting. The compilation has tried to distil what is left of that energy through "the magic of bootlegging". As you listen to these discs,
    close your eyes and be transported back in time to that magic era.

Disc 5: And Now for Something Special
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1CLQZVKU

Title
    Source

The Ties That Bind
    It's Dangerous Down There Tonight

For You
    Million Dollar Sound

Something in the Night
    Million Dollar Sound

Independence Day
    Fox Theater Present The Boss