http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    theres that damn tele again,.....:cool: :cool:

1978- Prove It All Night

Great video!

BUT- I believe that is Bruce's trademark Fender Esquire. Not a Telecaster. Am I incorrect?
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Otis64 wrote:
    Great video!

BUT- I believe that is Bruce's trademark Fender Esquire. Not a Telecaster. Am I incorrect?

Yeah, but he put the other pickup in there, so it's virtually identical to a telecaster.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Otis64 wrote:
    Great video!

Bruce calls it " the tele "
    you may be correct in your point,

but in the W4W Documentary ( Grammy Award Winning no less )

he goes into great detail about this guitar
    He's been playing that guitar for 30+ years .
    Its actually a combo of a Telecaster ( body ) and Esquire ( neck ) and he bought it in Belmar NJ back in 70s for 185 bucks . It is the actual one viewed on the BTR cover ,..as well as numerous DVDs , Bootlegs, as well as Hammersmith Odeon Show . Its actually beat to hell and is filled with chips and dings . Funny thing is the guitar was used in 0 % of the composition of the BTR album . ( All of it was composed on the piano )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bruce calls it " the tele "
    you may be correct in your point,

but in the W4W Documentary ( Grammy Award Winning no less )

he goes into great detail about this guitar
    He's been playing that guitar for 30+ years .
    Its actually a combo of a Telecaster ( body ) and Esquire ( neck ) and he bought it in Belmar NJ back in 70s for 185 bucks . It is the actual one viewed on the BTR cover ,..as well as numerous DVDs , Bootlegs, as well as Hammersmith Odeon Show . Its actually beat to hell and is filled with chips and dings . Funny thing is the guitar was used in 0 % of the composition of the BTR album . ( All of it was composed on the piano )

Thanks for clearing that up bro. Chips and dings. Lol. Yeah, that guitar is a great symbol though. I remember it would occasionaly make an appearance on The Rising Tour and VFC Tour for Promised Land and Born To Run. Possibly something else too but I can't remember. OH! BITUSA-Badlands on VFC!

Thing of beauty that guitar. Whatever it is, Tele, Esq. Thing of beauty.
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    dont forget prove it.

;)

backstreets news:

News updated February 28, 2007

WALK WITH US OUT ON THE WIRE...

Can you say "slow news day"? We knew you could. How about "slow news month"? Feels familiar -- we recall this time last year, dwelling in the doldrums before everything ramped up with a record release in the third week of April. The year before, it was the release of Devils & Dust that same week that really got things going. Odds are against that same April payoff three years running... but we're still under the impression that we'll be seeing much more of Bruce as the year rolls along. All signs point to ongoing recording in Atlanta, Bruce being joined by at least a handful of E Streeters. For now, though, there ain't much more to say about what might come out of it -- at least, not without making it up. And we only do that one day a year. So we'll keep ears to the ground and fingers crossed that all goes well in the studio... and if/as things shape up, you'll read about it here.

In the meantime, here's a roundup of new tidbits for Bruce watchers that we might normally kick over to the Out on the Wire section... but while we've got the real estate free up here at the top of the page, might as well use it!

Here's where the strings come in: Ennio Morricone was in L.A. to accept an honorary Oscar on Sunday night, and seeing the Maestro on teevee reminded us: the first new Springsteen recording of 2007 is out now. Bruce's instrumental take on "Once Upon a Time in the West" is available now on the new tribute album, We All Love Ennio Morricone. Visit our online shop for details and to order a copy.
    Finally time for "Balboa vs. the Earthslayer"? Following Prince's purple rainstorm, the NFL "has already started a short list of entertainers it would like to see perform at next year's Super Bowl," according to Variety, and Bruce is at the top of the list. Wardrobe malfunction, ladies?
    He said, "My name's Bruce Springsteen, but people call me Boss" Hey, Bruce likes The Hold Steady too! As Stereogum tells it, Jesse Malin turned him on to their latest (and most E Street-esque), Boys and Girls in America. We hope he'll dig deeper from there, if only to catch the wish-we'd-thought-of-that line from their previous record, Separation Sunday: "Tramps like us / and we like tramps."
    With the lights out: Hard to believe, but Kurt Cobain would be 40 now had he lived -- and at MTV.com, a number of folks weigh in on the what-ifs. Producer Butch vig says, "I know he admired the way Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska sounded, and he admired how Bruce wrote, so I also think he would've written songs that were more socially conscious." Scroll further down and you'll also see a take from Backstreets founder Charles R. Cross.
    Heroes on the wall: If you'd like to see Bruce Springsteen in the inaugural class of New Jersey Hall of Fame inductees but haven't voted yet, you've got an extension -- the deadline for voting has been moved to March 16.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dont forget prove it.

;)

backstreets news:

News updated February 28, 2007

WALK WITH US OUT ON THE WIRE...

Can you say "slow news day"? We knew you could. How about "slow news month"? Feels familiar -- we recall this time last year, dwelling in the doldrums before everything ramped up with a record release in the third week of April. The year before, it was the release of Devils & Dust that same week that really got things going. Odds are against that same April payoff three years running... but we're still under the impression that we'll be seeing much more of Bruce as the year rolls along. All signs point to ongoing recording in Atlanta, Bruce being joined by at least a handful of E Streeters. For now, though, there ain't much more to say about what might come out of it -- at least, not without making it up. And we only do that one day a year. So we'll keep ears to the ground and fingers crossed that all goes well in the studio... and if/as things shape up, you'll read about it here.

In the meantime, here's a roundup of new tidbits for Bruce watchers that we might normally kick over to the Out on the Wire section... but while we've got the real estate free up here at the top of the page, might as well use it!

Here's where the strings come in: Ennio Morricone was in L.A. to accept an honorary Oscar on Sunday night, and seeing the Maestro on teevee reminded us: the first new Springsteen recording of 2007 is out now. Bruce's instrumental take on "Once Upon a Time in the West" is available now on the new tribute album, We All Love Ennio Morricone. Visit our online shop for details and to order a copy.
    Finally time for "Balboa vs. the Earthslayer"? Following Prince's purple rainstorm, the NFL "has already started a short list of entertainers it would like to see perform at next year's Super Bowl," according to Variety, and Bruce is at the top of the list. Wardrobe malfunction, ladies?
    He said, "My name's Bruce Springsteen, but people call me Boss" Hey, Bruce likes The Hold Steady too! As Stereogum tells it, Jesse Malin turned him on to their latest (and most E Street-esque), Boys and Girls in America. We hope he'll dig deeper from there, if only to catch the wish-we'd-thought-of-that line from their previous record, Separation Sunday: "Tramps like us / and we like tramps."
    With the lights out: Hard to believe, but Kurt Cobain would be 40 now had he lived -- and at MTV.com, a number of folks weigh in on the what-ifs. Producer Butch vig says, "I know he admired the way Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska sounded, and he admired how Bruce wrote, so I also think he would've written songs that were more socially conscious." Scroll further down and you'll also see a take from Backstreets founder Charles R. Cross.
    Heroes on the wall: If you'd like to see Bruce Springsteen in the inaugural class of New Jersey Hall of Fame inductees but haven't voted yet, you've got an extension -- the deadline for voting has been moved to March 16.

We're due for an E Street Band record!
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    We're due for an E Street Band record!

long overdue,.

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Wikipedia says this about "Streets of Philadelphia":

"Additional saxophone and vocal parts by Ornette Coleman and "Little" Jimmy Scott were recorded but not used."

Has this version of the song been released? I know Wiki is not the most reliable of sources...
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Wikipedia says this about "Streets of Philadelphia":

"Additional saxophone and vocal parts by Ornette Coleman and "Little" Jimmy Scott were recorded but not used."

Has this version of the song been released? I know Wiki is not the most reliable of sources...

i do not think so.

this is the song Bruce won the Oscar for, I know that.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Glitter in the Gutter is the new album from NYC's Jesse Malin, an artist who has transcended tags like "singer/songwriter" for something different and largely indefinable. Penned "a fearless storyteller" (music critic Nigel Williamson), after releasing two critically acclaimed albums The Fine Art
    of Self Destruction and The Heat, Jesse has established himself as a career musician who writes songs that connect on so many levels that above all, he's a healer.
    The songs on Glitter in the Gutter have kept the intimate slice of life and detail of his previous records but also work on a larger palate. Jesse writes locally but thinks globally and makes his songs identifiable so that they can connect with people in every part of the world.

Glitter In The Gutter was recorded in various studios over the summer in Millbrook, New York; North Hollywood, CA; and in Jesse's native borough of Queens, New York. 'Glitter' features guest appearances by none other than Bruce Springsteen, Jakob Dylan, Chris Shiflett of the Foo Fighters, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and long time pal Ryan Adams.

"[Malin's] knack for penning anthems is profound, and his observational gifts-for the sights and smells of the streets, for the lovers, leavers and losers of rock 'n' roll apocrypha-make Malin one of the most literate young lyricists around... Another one of Malin's gifts [also] becomes apparent: his utter humanness and humility, a twinned trait that, in artists, spell greatness." -Fred Mills, Harp Magazine

"How this guy stays so under the radar baffles me. One of the best rock-oriented singer/songwriters out there." -Ken Barnes, USA TODAY

"{Malin} manages a near ompossibility in this day in age: a no-questions-asked, quintessential piano ballad {with} "Broken Radio," a duet with road-rock god
    Bruce Springsteen" -American Songwriter
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

GUILTY AS CHARGED?
    Some mandatory viewing at YouTube this week -- you might recognize someone you know. Of course, this video can't apply to me. I mean, take that setlist they focus on: I was at that concert, it was 7/29/99, and I clearly recall that "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out" was my bathroom song of the night. So I'm off the hook, right? Anyway -- here's to you... er, me... er, us!
    -March 8, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bruce all over this website.

Performances, and past speeches ( check out the duds while he inducts Roy O ! ) :eek:

http://spinner.aol.com/rockhall/2007-induction-ceremony

beautiful version of Backstreets

even that godawful collaboration with axl rose :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    DUDE. I KNOW BRUCE IS RECORDING SONGS AND I CAN'T FUCKING HANDLE THIS SUSPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all
  • Options

SIMON SAYS...
    The Beatles, bigger than Jesus? We might be willing to grant you that. Simon Cowell, bigger than Springsteen? In a CBS interview, the American Idol judge tells Anderson Cooper:

"I sell more records than Bruce Springsteen. In the last five years, I've probably sold over 100 million records. If [Springsteen] got 100 [million dollars], I should have got 500."
    [Click here for more and to watch a clip]

Judges?

"It started out really pitchy for me -- that whole sell-more-records-than-Bruce thing... I mean, they're not your records, right? But then you went on, and I'm like aiight, aiight, you're funny, you're doin' your thing, you're workin' it out! By the end, though, man... I don't know, I think you need to try to watch the ego. That was just a little weird for me, dawg."

The Cowell profile airs on 60 Minutes this Sunday, March 18, at 7 ET/PT.
    -March 16, 2007

here
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    cant find a better man .

10-13-04
    NJ Meadowlands
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Glitter in the Gutter is the new album from NYC's Jesse Malin, an artist who has transcended tags like "singer/songwriter" for something different and largely indefinable. Penned "a fearless storyteller" (music critic Nigel Williamson), after releasing two critically acclaimed albums The Fine Art
    of Self Destruction and The Heat, Jesse has established himself as a career musician who writes songs that connect on so many levels that above all, he's a healer.
    The songs on Glitter in the Gutter have kept the intimate slice of life and detail of his previous records but also work on a larger palate. Jesse writes locally but thinks globally and makes his songs identifiable so that they can connect with people in every part of the world.

Glitter In The Gutter was recorded in various studios over the summer in Millbrook, New York; North Hollywood, CA; and in Jesse's native borough of Queens, New York. 'Glitter' features guest appearances by none other than Bruce Springsteen, Jakob Dylan, Chris Shiflett of the Foo Fighters, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and long time pal Ryan Adams.

"[Malin's] knack for penning anthems is profound, and his observational gifts-for the sights and smells of the streets, for the lovers, leavers and losers of rock 'n' roll apocrypha-make Malin one of the most literate young lyricists around... Another one of Malin's gifts [also] becomes apparent: his utter humanness and humility, a twinned trait that, in artists, spell greatness." -Fred Mills, Harp Magazine

"How this guy stays so under the radar baffles me. One of the best rock-oriented singer/songwriters out there." -Ken Barnes, USA TODAY

"{Malin} manages a near ompossibility in this day in age: a no-questions-asked, quintessential piano ballad {with} "Broken Radio," a duet with road-rock god
    Bruce Springsteen" -American Songwriter

Kudo are indeed in order for Jesse's new album as well as all of his other
    solo work. Having said that, fans of his work with D Generation from
    around 10 years ago, will not even recognize him.
    Jesse has become a really great singer/songwriter and I was glad to
    see him get the forum of a gig on Conan the other night to help launch
    his new album. I hope he sees some success with it.
  • Options
    Kudo are indeed in order for Jesse's new album as well as all of his other
    solo work. Having said that, fans of his work with D Generation from
    around 10 years ago, will not even recognize him.
    Jesse has become a really great singer/songwriter and I was glad to
    see him get the forum of a gig on Conan the other night to help launch
    his new album. I hope he sees some success with it.

i watched the webcast, pretty cool.

he has got alot of the storytelling qualities , such as Bruce.

he had an edgey, punky guitar sound also.

i liked it very much.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bruce all over the new movie " Reign Over Me "

yeah , Pearl Jam is at the very end when the credits are rolling,
    but Bruces " The River " actually has a pivotal part of the plotline.

It was excellent to hear " Drive All Night " , and at a very crucual storyline segment.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options

news0407conduct.jpg

MORRICONE SESSIONS DUE APRIL 24
    Bruce follows his muse for another off-E Street detour

While conventional wisdom suggested that Springsteen would finally return to E Street in 2007, the much-awaited E Street Band record is once again on hold. Despite frequent Boss sightings in Atlanta, where various band members have been recording new Springsteen material (the blogosphere is buzzing with word of Max Weinberg’s recent cowbell overdubs), the man himself has decided to take another sidetrack. According to a Shore Fire Media press release leaked today, April 24 will bring the Columbia Records release of Springsteen's Once Upon a Time: The Morricone Sessions.

As regular readers of this page know, Springsteen recently recorded his take on Morricone's "Once Upon a Time in the West" for a Various Artists tribute to the Maestro. According to the new press release, Springsteen was so inspired by "the joy of making music together, live, just as they did 300 years ago in little opera houses and symphony halls all across Europe" that he went back into the studio in February for a two-day session with the Bayonne Symphony Orchestra. It was planned as a one-day session, but it took a day to determine that he couldn't fit the 73-piece orchestra in his farmhouse (even, according to the liner notes, with the horns in the hall, the oboes in the bathroom, and the violas in the hayloft).
    news0407Msesh.jpg
    "This record feels like part of a conversation Bruce and I have been having for decades," says Springsteen manager Jon Landau says. Indeed, Once Upon a Time: The Morricone Sessions has been decades in the making. Springsteen first assembled the Orchestra for a one-day session way back in 1976, then brought back the surviving members for a second one-day session in 2004. While listening to the recordings for possible inclusion in the now-also-on-hold Tracks 2, Springsteen "thought there might be something here" and "threw myself into it." The set will be heavy on music from the Spaghetti Western soundtracks Morricone did for director Sergio Leone, but will also include some of the soundtrack master's more recent scores. Highlighting the loose spontaneity of the recording, Springsteen can be heard tapping his baton, calling out "Piccolos!," and even adding some guitar here and there.

news0407orch.jpg

The full track listing remains tentative, but a five-track promo sampler CD includes "Once Upon a Time in the West," "Jill’s America," "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly," "Deborah’s Theme," and "Once Upon a Time in the West (Arthur Baker Remix)." Eschewing the DualDisc of The Seeger Sessions, The Morricone Sessions will include an extra disc that doesn't play on anything.

More good news: there will be a tour, beginning in mid-May, featuring the entire Bayonne Symphony Orchestra, Soozie Tyrell, and Lars Ulrich; the ensemble has already begun rehearsing at Asbury Park's Paramount Theatre. "Expect the unexpected," Landau says. "I feel like I never really heard 'I'm Goin' Down' until I heard it as part of a medley with the theme to The Mission."
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Springsteen Shaves His Head

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/Images/news0407head.jpg

SPRINGSTEEN SHAVES HEAD

The Metallica Sessions is on hold. Mere hours after announcing an April 31 release date (and after considerable fan outcry on internet message boards, to which Bruce is known to pay perhaps too much attention), Springsteen entered a South Philadelphia barbershop and emerged with no hair.

"Oops, I did it again," Springsteen joked with uneasy fans outside the salon. "I told that barber to hit me baby, one more time. Whooooo!!" Before he could say another word, he was pushed into a Range Rover driven by Jon Landau, who said something about "continuing a conversation" before he sped away. Fans followed the pair to Atlanta, where they pulled into the parking garage of a hotel within blocks of Brendan O'Brien's studio.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NO FOOLIN': LIVE IN DUBLIN DUE JUNE 5!

Sessions tour gets official document, on CD and DVD
    As Springsteen fans know all too well, just because they record a show doesn't mean it's going to be released: Bruce's Boston stop on the Devils & Dust tour, captured on film but stuck in the vault indefinitely, is a recent case in point. So when we found out last year that the Dublin stand on the Seeger Sessions tour would be filmed, we weren't counting any chickens. Now, however, we have official word that a show's worth of material from those November 2006 concerts will be coming home, on DVD (including availability on the hi-def Blu-ray format) as well as in a separate two-CD set.

Live in Dublin, from "Bruce Springsteen with the Sessions Band" (note the "Seeger" has been dropped) is just two months away, scheduled for June 5 from Columbia. The two-CD set and DVD each feature 23 songs from The Point in Dublin, captured on November 17, 18, and 19:

1. Atlantic City
    2. Old Dan Tucker
    3. Eyes on the Prize
    4. Jesse James
    5. Further on Up the Road
    6. O Mary Don't You Weep
    7. Erie Canal
    8. If I Should Fall Behind
    9. My Oklahoma Home
    10. Highway Patrolman
    11. Mrs. McGrath
    12. How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?
    13. Jacob's Ladder
    14. Long Time Comin'
    15. Open All Night
    16. Pay Me My Money Down
    17. Growin' Up
    18. When the Saints Go Marching In
    19. This Little Light of Mine
    20. American Land
    21. Blinded By the Light

Bonus Songs:
    22. Love of the Common People
    23. We Shall Overcome

And a familiar team at the helm: The DVD was edited by Emmy- and Grammy-winner Thom Zimny, with audio mixed by Bob Clearmountain (including 5.1 surround) and mastered by Bob Ludwig.

While the track listing roughly represents the format of a show, this is actually an amalgam, taken from all three nights. See the actual concert setlists here. The most glaring omission on the release is "John Henry" (which was played each night at The Point), though we'll miss "You Can Look," too. Otherwise, this looks to be a fine representation, with a nice balance of originals, Seeger Sessions material, and other covers. Who'd thunk we'd ever see "This Little Light of Mine" on a Springsteen live album? For those of us who couldn't make it to the fall shows in Europe, when that one debuted, that alone should be a treat. And for those who didn't catch the tour at all -- because of scant tour stops outside of the bigger fan markets, or whatever else -- Live in Dublin should be a very welcome and maybe even surprising document of a whole 'nother side of Springsteen. Now, how'd they think up that name?
    -April 3, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    great news!! but very odd about the John henry expulsion! in rotterdam and other versions i heard, it was a great showcase..weird. ill definatly pick up this dvd!
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Options
    i'll pick it up also- but i wih there would have been more re-worked vintage springsteen included,...

still, i will be picking it up,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NO FOOLIN': LIVE IN DUBLIN DUE JUNE 5!

Sessions tour gets official document, on CD and DVD
    As Springsteen fans know all too well, just because they record a show doesn't mean it's going to be released: Bruce's Boston stop on the Devils & Dust tour, captured on film but stuck in the vault indefinitely, is a recent case in point. So when we found out last year that the Dublin stand on the Seeger Sessions tour would be filmed, we weren't counting any chickens. Now, however, we have official word that a show's worth of material from those November 2006 concerts will be coming home, on DVD (including availability on the hi-def Blu-ray format) as well as in a separate two-CD set.

Live in Dublin, from "Bruce Springsteen with the Sessions Band" (note the "Seeger" has been dropped) is just two months away, scheduled for June 5 from Columbia. The two-CD set and DVD each feature 23 songs from The Point in Dublin, captured on November 17, 18, and 19:

1. Atlantic City
    2. Old Dan Tucker
    3. Eyes on the Prize
    4. Jesse James
    5. Further on Up the Road
    6. O Mary Don't You Weep
    7. Erie Canal
    8. If I Should Fall Behind
    9. My Oklahoma Home
    10. Highway Patrolman
    11. Mrs. McGrath
    12. How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?
    13. Jacob's Ladder
    14. Long Time Comin'
    15. Open All Night
    16. Pay Me My Money Down
    17. Growin' Up
    18. When the Saints Go Marching In
    19. This Little Light of Mine
    20. American Land
    21. Blinded By the Light

Bonus Songs:
    22. Love of the Common People
    23. We Shall Overcome

And a familiar team at the helm: The DVD was edited by Emmy- and Grammy-winner Thom Zimny, with audio mixed by Bob Clearmountain (including 5.1 surround) and mastered by Bob Ludwig.

While the track listing roughly represents the format of a show, this is actually an amalgam, taken from all three nights. See the actual concert setlists here. The most glaring omission on the release is "John Henry" (which was played each night at The Point), though we'll miss "You Can Look," too. Otherwise, this looks to be a fine representation, with a nice balance of originals, Seeger Sessions material, and other covers. Who'd thunk we'd ever see "This Little Light of Mine" on a Springsteen live album? For those of us who couldn't make it to the fall shows in Europe, when that one debuted, that alone should be a treat. And for those who didn't catch the tour at all -- because of scant tour stops outside of the bigger fan markets, or whatever else -- Live in Dublin should be a very welcome and maybe even surprising document of a whole 'nother side of Springsteen. Now, how'd they think up that name?
    -April 3, 2007

Woo!
  • Options
    Bruce showed up last night at the Benefit at Carnegie Hall, honoring him. Acoustic Set , and his bluesharp.

Photo spread :

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?ei=UTF-8&p=springsteen&fr=ush-news&c=news_photos
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    heres the finale ' with all the artists and bruce doing " Rosalita "

needless to say its not the greatest , but you get the idea

Rosalita