Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,423
    For people on this forum who think that $12K for a European vacation is outlandish, they should know that our 19-year-old twins are in college, and we spend about $7,500 each month they're living on campus (living expenses and tuition/fees). Taking that into consideration, the aforementioned 16-day vacation for my wife and myself seems fairly inexpensive. 
    Nice to be wealthy
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,133
    JPPJ84 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    All I know is that if I want to see a certain band badly enough, then I'll find a way to see them perform in a desirable setting/manner, even if it means paying as much as $500 a ticket.  I mean, my wife and I will be seeing Pearl Jam in Dublin this summer.  We're going to spend nine nights in Ireland and five nights in Scotland.  Considering that we'll probably be paying approximately $12K-$13K for the entire trip, the price for Pearl Jam tickets is really a "drop in the bucket" from a monetary perspective.  For what it's worth, our Golden Circle tickets for Dublin only cost about $160 each, which seems like quite a bargain to me.  Anyway, I wish the rest of you luck in your search for the proper set of circumstances to attend certain shows in the future.  
    12k $ for a two week trip?! 🤯 I sure hope you‘ll have the time of your life for that amount of money 
    That strikes you as a lot for 2 people taking a 2 week vacation in Europe?
    Sure does
    It is not 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,423
    edited March 10
    For people on this forum who think that $12K for a European vacation is outlandish, they should know that our 19-year-old twins are in college, and we spend about $7,500 each month they're living on campus (living expenses and tuition/fees). Taking that into consideration, the aforementioned 16-day vacation for my wife and myself seems fairly inexpensive. 
    Nice to be wealthy.....or rather comfortable enough that you can afford. 
    I don't really think we will need to know your finances though, seems bragging 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 349
    Please let's not discuss individual wealth and the subjective feeling of being rich. When will the prices for Barcelona finally go down?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,984
    Zen23 said:
    Please let's not discuss individual wealth and the subjective feeling of being rich. When will the prices for Barcelona finally go down?
    Yeah just stop that please.

Back on topic,  after the album releases probably.
    Also a strong marketing in Barcelona would help a lot.

It did here in lisbon when blink 182 played. Lots of posters all over the country i remember 2/3 months before the show.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I don't think that bringing out these "things" facilitates a healthy discussion between fans. Furthermore, I think that European fans, in terms of purchasing, are very different from Americans, not only in terms of salaries but because of their ethical principles.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    GA tickets now cost the same as I purchased them through Ten Club.

pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

that was always the price for GA since day 1
  • Options
    Ouch. Never saw this... 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,703
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Unless it was like night 1 when only platinum tickets were available
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Interesting... 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Interesting... 
    barcelona night 1 is pretty full and it will probably end up sold out by show time, depending on how marketing increases when the album is released

barcelona night 2 wont sell out but it wont be as empty as it is now depending on the same reason as above

i truely think barcelona night 2 will have a legendary setlist. dont know why , its just a big feeling
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 129
    There are tickets (reserved seats) for both Barcelona shows at 92€ and 118€, of course those are not the closest to the stage, but it's a lower price
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 272
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Interesting... 
    barcelona night 1 is pretty full and it will probably end up sold out by show time, depending on how marketing increases when the album is released

barcelona night 2 wont sell out but it wont be as empty as it is now depending on the same reason as above

i truely think barcelona night 2 will have a legendary setlist. dont know why , its just a big feeling
    Same feeling since the announcement about Barcelona 2. Soldout or not.
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 272
    fl247556 said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Interesting... 

Same feeling since the announcement about Barcelona 2. Soldout or not.
    Speak about the setlist !
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Interesting... 

In Level 2 alone, thousands of seats are still available for the first evening. Don't be fooled by areas such as 211, 212 and the symmetrically opposite 215 and 216, which Ticketmaster has taken off sale for the time being in order to sell the central seats first. And the fact that they've now lowered the price for the standing area doesn't exactly suggest that they're anywhere near full. Don't get me wrong. I would like to see a full house. But a lot still needs to happen.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    edited March 11
    The only reason the floor tickets for night 2 haven't gone to dynamic pricing is they've not hit the sales point where that kicks in yet. 

Remember with all the fuss about Bruce and his pricing, in some markets there were tickets for as low at $10 in the days before because they were unsold, and they weren't resale either. If the demand is low and people are able to spring for a last minute trip, there could be bargains to be had. Buying now, unless you're desperate to secure a specific ticket, would be daft IMO.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    edited March 12
    If the statistics from eventim.de are correct there is demand for the berlin shows.

Around 3800k views in the last week for night 1 and around 2500k views in the last week for night 2.

No doubt that the high prices are the reason for not selling
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Maybe you should understand that most Europeans live in a very different world when it comes to salary and cost of living. 
    Very few people here would be able to pay 7.500 per months for 2 kids attending University or 12.000 for a 2-week vacation…If you add the fact that we have a very different relation to money, your comments might be considered quite rude by most people in Europe, especially in Eastern and Southern Europe. Cultural differences.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 410
    just_one said:
    If the statistics from eventim.de are correct there is demand for the berlin shows.

Around 3800k views in the last week for night 1 and around 2500k views in the last week for night 2.

No doubt that the high prices are the reason for not selling
    I bet the main reason for the high traffic is people looking if they finally reduced the prices for the 3 rd tier at Waldbühne. I doubt that they sold more than 100 3rd tier tickets for 175 in the last two weeks.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    Also it‘s not high traffic for a week. Other events have 5 times the views.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    Zen23 said:

Interesting... 

Think the same. See ya in Barca! 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    What do you think the sales figures and a possibly half-empty hall do to the ego of a rock star? Are you sure that this can still be a guarantee for a "special" and "unforgettable" evening like in the year 2000? Or could something have changed in the last 24 years?
  • Options
    LBCeddieLBCeddie Posts: 104
    Zen23 said:
    What do you think the sales figures and a possibly half-empty hall do to the ego of a rock star? Are you sure that this can still be a guarantee for a "special" and "unforgettable" evening like in the year 2000? Or could something have changed in the last 24 years?
    Are you done yet?
  • Options
    I see. I see. On the one hand, completely exaggerated optimism and statements about the best setlist of all time four months before the start of the concert are okay, while doubts are not welcome.
  • Options
    Shibari said:
    axeljohan said:
    they also rearranged in Düsseldorf back in 2007. Planned for the stadium, ended up in the arena. Great concert.
    The concert itself was actually fantastic. Organizationally, it was actually one of the worst concerts I've ever experienced and that's probably the reason why Pearl Jam only play in Berlin.
    The concert was originally planned for the then fairly new arena in Düsseldorf with around 55,000 seats. To my and obviously PJ's surprise, significantly fewer tickets were sold, even though they weren't yet working with these criminals from Ticketmaster at the time.
    The concert was moved to the then newly completed iss Dome. A place where, for example, there was no connection to local public transport at the time.
    The admission was catastrophic and so bad that the supporting bands played longer and to make matters worse, the fans in the room failed, so cups of ice cream were passed around at the time.

The concert itself was cool, but I understand why the band will never come to Düsseldorf again.

But a concert outside of Berlin would be nice.

PJ was already a LiveNation artist in 2007. Tickets were already sold by TM.
    Thay played outside Berlin after that in Germany.
    Total Bullshit
  • Options
    edited March 13
    Looking at barcelona night 2 , if the last tier in the arena doesnt sell , they will just move the people from there to the tier down.

it happened to me when i say mumford and suns a couple years ago.
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    Anyone think Ed will do some UK media appearances to hype the new album and sell some Tottenham tickets whilst he's in London for the Teenage Cancer Trust show?
  • Options
    stones said:
    Anyone think Ed will do some UK media appearances to hype the new album and sell some Tottenham tickets whilst he's in London for the Teenage Cancer Trust show?
    They should lower the prices first
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,093
    stones said:
    Sort of wondering if he will appear on Radio X (rock/indie music station). Would be hilarious if he appears on Chris Moyles Breakfast show. Had a few big name rock celebs in the last few months promoting their albums - eg Billie Joe Armstrong, Liam Gallagher etc