Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    That BC line up...woof.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    Hard pass on Bonnaroo too.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    No budget PJ shows for me:
    Tokyo
    The Gorge

Really hope I get to see them at the Gorge once before they hang it up 

This is one of the longest stretches I've gone without going to the Gorge. I think the last shows I saw there was Soundgarden/QoTSA in 2011, and Tom Petty in 2014.    I could use a reason to go to the Gorge :)
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    That BC line up...woof.
    I will not be attending this year
  • Options
    BumperDBumperD Posts: 40
    bazfromoz said:
    13 Feb is just another guess. Just like December was a guess. If it’s all booked, announce it. 

Totally agree nobody knows when the announcement will come.  Feb 13 seems far out but who knows? 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    they just announced BottleRock yesterday so probably they want to sell those tickets first before announcing more dates.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Really wish some of these festivals would scale back a bit. Could be so much better if they dropped a day or even a stage or two. They seem to be SO watered down these days. 
  • Options
    Really wish some of these festivals would scale back a bit. Could be so much better if they dropped a day or even a stage or two. They seem to be SO watered down these days. 
    Shaky Knees has been my go to for years now. Top to bottom, great line ups. I did really enjoy Sea Hear Now, too. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    im gonna start booking hotels in London, Berlin and Barcelona around the rumoured dates (free cancellation) , can anyone give me some places to look for? not very expensive lol
  • Options
    ML254639ML254639 Posts: 27
    just_one said:
    im gonna start booking hotels in London, Berlin and Barcelona around the rumoured dates (free cancellation) , can anyone give me some places to look for? not very expensive lol
    For London, If its at the O2 get anywhere near a Jubilee Tube Station stop that is with your journey time and budget limits. Stratford has hotels and great links to other lines. 

If its at Hyde Park I stayed in a hotel in Paddington previously, a 15 minute walk to the North West. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    That BC line up...woof.
    On a side note, I am curious of the economics of Ed Sheeran selling multiple nights in football stadiums and then shifts to headlining some festivals. The paycheck has to have one less 0, no?

I find out who the new electronic and country people are every time I see who is headlining these festivals and I have never heard the name.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    I know I'm old and recognize almost none of the artists but "Fred Again"?
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Shaky Knees has been my go to for years now. Top to bottom, great line ups. I did really enjoy Sea Hear Now, too. 
    100%. Riot Fest are always fantastic as well 
  • Options
    100%. Riot Fest are always fantastic as well 
    Ive heard great things about Riot Fest
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,583
    ML254639 said:
    just_one said:
    For London, If its at the O2 get anywhere near a Jubilee Tube Station stop that is with your journey time and budget limits. Stratford has hotels and great links to other lines. 

If its at Hyde Park I stayed in a hotel in Paddington previously, a 15 minute walk to the North West. 
    In 2022 we stayed at an AirBNB at the far end of the park from the concert site. That was a long walk after being at the festival. Had we done a better job of investigating where the concert site was in the park and how big Hyde Park actually is, we would have found a place that had a shorter walk for sure.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    kaw753 said:
    That BC line up...woof.
    On a side note, I am curious of the economics of Ed Sheeran selling multiple nights in football stadiums and then shifts to headlining some festivals. The paycheck has to have one less 0, no?

I find out who the new electronic and country people are every time I see who is headlining these festivals and I have never heard the name.
    Gotta think there's significantly less overhead w/ playing festivals as opposed to headlining a stadium tour though. Think of the labor alone just to set up the stage and tear it down at every stop. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    I stayed in Greenwich for the 2018 O2 show.  Would do that again.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    blairs1 said:
    The ten club newsletter stated that the date for Pearl jam will be announced January 10 at 8am PT. 

don’t want to stir up rumours but this could line up with more of an larger announcement. But very doubtful. 
    Why would it lineup with a larger announcement? I agree on the very doubtful.
    It would be nice though, just makes sense. Why dangle Napa area tickets one week, then announce Portland a week or two later 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,184
    You don't really need to worry about walking distance for London or Berlin just get something close to a tube/u bhan station on the same line as the venue
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just announce the whole tour at once.  So annoying.
    yes, this 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,351
    I just assumed Fred headlined last year, and they got him again this year.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    Any particular hotel recommendations? 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    edited January 9
    blairs1 said:
    The ten club newsletter stated that the date for Pearl jam will be announced January 10 at 8am PT. 

don’t want to stir up rumours but this could line up with more of an larger announcement. But very doubtful. 
    Why would it lineup with a larger announcement? I agree on the very doubtful.
    It would be nice though, just makes sense. Why dangle Napa area tickets one week, then announce Portland a week or two later 
    To sell Napa tix to Portlanders with FOMO. Sometimes a thing is exactly what it looks like. And looking more like a month later.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Poncier said:
    I just assumed Fred headlined last year, and they got him again this year.
    I was going to say that there is a British rapper named Fred who headlines festivals, but his name is actually Dave.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,258
    Kwieneke said:
    Bonnaroo just did 
    That's honestly one of the worst 'roo lineups I've ever seen
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    I’ve been assuming that the Seattle shows would be in Climate Pledge. But maybe there is enough demand for a two night stand at Lumen? The shows at T-Mobile were completely sold out, but that tour was also limited in terms of dates. 

A show at the Gorge on a late summer weekend evening with a couple of openers would be a great day. But that’s not happening this tour. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    10 Club seats are really limited in Europe. It used to be GA only.
    I won seat tickets in Barcelona 2018 and im number 730159.

That being said for london (and although wife is not that tall 1.65m) we are gonna try for GA but we are not going for the front because in 2010 in hyde park in PJ it was so chaotic that we had to go to the back because it was getting very violent (we couldnt even feel out feet touching the floor) and when we were getting to the back she got hit with a plastic bottle in the head 
    I was near the front at the 2 Hyde park shows last year. I thought crowd was pretty tame...get the impression the crowds have got more chill since those 2010 Hyde park shows. There's always the drunk rowdy people sometimes, but I wouldn't be worried about the front being chaotic. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

I'm about 1.63m and I'll be trying to get GA tickets for the O2 shows...I noticed at Hyde Park the stage seemed raised, which meant I could see better, compared to seeing chili peppers at NOS Alive and it being hard to see (wasn't near the front tho).

Does anyone know if it's similar for the O2? I've been there before but a long time ago so can't remember.
    London crowds are some of the most hectic after Italy and south america. The front 10 rows Infront of ed don't bother if you want any kind of calm  or mikes side because of pick showers and subsequent scrap for them. Stones side is best if you want peace 
    I think the problem with BST the gold circle diffuses the crowds alot, they're a fairly recent addition, where they used to be first come first serve but now they're all paid for. Night 1 front of GA (because my mate didn't have 10c) was dead really, we went 10c night 2 and the atmosphere was alot better. I think the set has a massive impact too, night 1 BST set was alot slower overall Vs night 2.

I saw them at the O2 night 2 and the crowd was a fairly standard O2 crowd(dead for the most part), I was like 1/4 of the way back at standing. I do remember Ed asking people to step back though so there must have been some ruckus. 

I remember the start of the MK bowl show in 2014 going absolutely mad. Then it slowed down as everyone settled in for the marathon set. 
    I was at HP 2, and based on the setlists was glad I did that rather than the first night.
  • Options
    psychozebpsychozeb Posts: 12
    The Rock said:
    When I go to gigs at the O2 I normally stay around Canning town, there's a Travelodge, Premier Inn very close to DLR station and is only two stops from venue.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    psychozeb said:
    The Rock said:
    When I go to gigs at the O2 I normally stay around Canning town, there's a Travelodge, Premier Inn very close to DLR station and is only two stops from venue.
    I just checked my bookings and I've already booked the Premier Inn at Canning Town! I'd totally forgotten 🙃
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
This discussion has been closed.