Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    Jamer196 said:
    just_one said:
    gutted about london only having 1 show but it will be easier to get tickets though since its a stadium. having said that im left with the 27th kinda free since we are going to glasgow to see green day on the 25th and killers on the 26th.

any recomendations ? should i stay on glasgow 3 days or 5 days in london (i thought about leaving for berlin on jul 1st)
    Take a train to Edinburgh from Glasgow stay a day there and then go to London. Edinburgh is great 
    not a bad idea at all , thanks
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 335
    CopperTom said:
    Damn, my plans got destroyed.   I'm not going to Europe for 1 stadium show.  I wish the original London rumor was true.  Oh, well.
    Manchester?
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 170
    Sorry to be thick/out of the loop - but the London gig is now 28th June at the Spurs stadium ??
  • Options
    What do we think the ticket prices will be? 
    $150 - $175 each? 
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto 
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 1,010
    As a spurs fan, this is great for me.  Would still prefer two London shows though
  • Options
    GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Italy Posts: 74
    Tjm007 said:
    Sorry to be thick/out of the loop - but the London gig is now 28th June at the Spurs stadium ??
    Nope, only June 29th
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    $150 - $175 each? 
    GA i would think around 120/150 EUR (240/300 EUR Pair)
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

I don't see PJ headlining glasto but it was an interesting theory. I just dont see them as the type of band for that crowd. 

I've been looking at the various online betting sites to check Glasto headline odds. PJ don't even feature (yet)
    I can't see it. They're not big or iconic enough in the UK to headline it. 
  • Options
    Tjm007 said:
    The leak says 29th at Spurs
  • Options
    GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Italy Posts: 74
    just_one said:
    $150 - $175 each? 
    GA i would think around 120/150 EUR (240/300 EUR Pair)
    Last US tour was 245$ per pair
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,907
    dani11 said:
    makes no sense PJ playing the Tottenham stadium. It's way too big. Would have def preferred 2 dates at the O2. Disappointing although still psyched for the London show
    Yeah this might change my plans. I loved Hyde Park, but generally not a fan of stadium shows. 

Also looks like it's quite far north from London. Last year I actually chose to see RHCP at NOS Alive festival in Lisbon rather than Tottenham Hotspur stadium (same length setlists, favorable weather).

I might consider skipping London! And maybe do Berlin + Barcelona instead. 
    I think this might become quite a common theme. Hotel prices in London are outrageous too
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,282
    edited February 13
    Deleted
    Post edited by aisleseats on
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    pdalowsky said:
    dani11 said:
    makes no sense PJ playing the Tottenham stadium. It's way too big. Would have def preferred 2 dates at the O2. Disappointing although still psyched for the London show
    Yeah this might change my plans. I loved Hyde Park, but generally not a fan of stadium shows. 

Also looks like it's quite far north from London. Last year I actually chose to see RHCP at NOS Alive festival in Lisbon rather than Tottenham Hotspur stadium (same length setlists, favorable weather).

I might consider skipping London! And maybe do Berlin + Barcelona instead. 
    I think this might become quite a common theme. Hotel prices in London are outrageous too
    Would have considered not doing Glastonbury if there were two indoor shows somewhere in London, just to catch up with friends. However, you couldn't pay me to deal with the inconvenience that is the toilet bowl. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    I'm a spurs fan so love the stadium, and I saw RHCP there last year.  Granted I had quite a few drinks but I dont remember the sound being very good at all.  Anyone else have a view?  the sound in O2 was always great.
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 94
    American here! Question, Is getting to and from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by public transportation a tough task?

I was at the NFL there last year and the queue for the underground after was horrendous.
  • Options
    KidAOK said:
    American here! Question, Is getting to and from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by public transportation a tough task?

I was at the NFL there last year and the queue for the underground after was horrendous.
    the closest station White Hart Lane probably will be crazy, you can always walk shortly to other nearby stations and may be quicker.
    Its no worse than I've experienced at the O2 to be honest.
  • Options
    IlianDL7IlianDL7 Belgium Posts: 23
    edited February 13
    How good are the odds at getting tickets for Berlin both nights and Barcelona both nights?
    All GA I’d be looking at 
    Werchter '14
    Werchter '18
    Werchter '22
    Budapest '22
    Amsterdam N2 '22
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 243
    I'm a spurs fan so love the stadium, and I saw RHCP there last year.  Granted I had quite a few drinks but I dont remember the sound being very good at all.  Anyone else have a view?  the sound in O2 was always great.
    The sound for GnR a few years back was awful too.  But honestly I'm not so sure that was a problem with the stadium could have more to do with Axl losing his voice and having to cancel the Glasgow show which was the next stop on their tour.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 586
    IlianDL7 said:
    How good are the odds at getting tickets for Berlin both nights and Barcelona both nights?
    All GA I’d be looking at 
    Berlin is all GA.  Or at least it always has been in the past
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,234
    IlianDL7 said:
    All GA I’d be looking at 
    In the past no problem, with so few shows this tour who knows 
  • Options
    edited February 13
    KidAOK said:

The overground was fine
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    All I know is this shit better drop today... my wife's been giving me the evil eye for 2 months now since we scrambled to make arrangements in advance of that supposed December announcement. 
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 969

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 35
    JackD. said:
    JSONs have been taken down. The tour is OFF. Nooooo.

=)

Wasn‘t it the same leak last time? They could‘ve known before…

First it was Josh causing all the trouble with his tv studio lights. Now it’s Jason. Sort it out Jason. 
  • Options
    eboweddie said:
    I don't fancy Dublin. To expensive and i imagine a shit show leaving the site afterwards. But I bet that crowd is gonna be awesome 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    All I know is this shit better drop today... my wife's been giving me the evil eye for 2 months now since we scrambled to make arrangements in advance of that supposed December announcement. 
    Ha! I booked a free cancellation room in Baltimore months ago and floated the idea we take a trip down to visit one of the the wife's friends. I'll tell her about Pearl Jam if/when I get tickets. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    11:00 am concert announcement on 'MMR in Philly.
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    eboweddie said:
    I don't fancy Dublin. To expensive and i imagine a shit show leaving the site afterwards. But I bet that crowd is gonna be awesome 
    This is what I'm hearing, but I've wanted to see them in Ireland for a long time... I feel a little bit like 'now or neve'. 

I've resolved to maybe leave a few songs early as we will be driving back to Wicklow, which is fine... we're going to do Manchester as well and our hotel there is walking distance, so we'll be there through the end of that one. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Ha! I booked a free cancellation room in Baltimore months ago and floated the idea we take a trip down to visit one of the the wife's friends. I'll tell her about Pearl Jam if/when I get tickets. 
    That would be a bit tougher of a sell for international travel. 

It's all good, we had Ireland in our 2024 plans long before the tour was announced, and June is ideal for the mrs to travel... it feels like it was meant to be. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    seanclax said:
    eboweddie said:
    That one has got to be a 10c gold circle up front or bust show, I think.

My Irish friends tell me stories of fearing for their lives at a Guns and Roses show in 1992 when the band came on 2 hours late (so, on time in Axl Rose's world).
This discussion has been closed.