The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    We got most of the dates right. Glad I could help out with peoples planning. Enjoy the tour!
    Thank you, much appreciated!
  • just_one said:
    just_one said:
    With a second London date very unlikely, I wonder if it makes a second Manchester date more likely?
    1 second london date is more likely than a 1 second Manchester date. London is more accessable, more marketable  if u know what i mean
    Hope I am wrong but with 60k stadium I can't see a second night
    They sold out 2 nights in hyde park in 2022. They can sell out a 2nd night easyly
    Hyde Park is a bit different it's center of London, almost a festival, people go there whoever is playing just for a night out. 

Hope you are right but I'd be surprised 
    I'm also surprised. Have they every played a stadium in UK (excluding festivals)? 

Hyde Park festival is a different beast as you say. 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    ilockyer said:
    just_one said:
    With a second London date very unlikely, I wonder if it makes a second Manchester date more likely?
    1 second london date is more likely than a 1 second Manchester date. London is more accessable, more marketable  if u know what i mean
    They sold out 2 nights in hyde park in 2022. They can sell out a 2nd night easyly
    Hyde Park had effectively been advertised for 2 years given the covid cancellations. 
    Initially it was to be 1 night only. 
    They made it 2 when it finally went ahead, but if I remember right those tickets were quite heavily discounted if you bought the 2 day package. The 2 nights were only a bit of change cheaper than the Amsterdam tickets. 
    Payment plans were also available for people to spread cost. 
    Selling out a standalone stadium gig is another matter entirely. 
    Green Day at Wembley accounting for a few that'd likely do this one too. 
    Think 2 nights might be a tough ask, but hopefully will be proved wrong.

Does seem a bit optimistic. They're not Foo Fighters level of popularity in the UK. I think this smacks of a decision to play one large show rather than two O2 size.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Sounds like the original plan was 2 days at the O2. I can sort of understand why they’ve changed it though. O2 is probably no longer big enough for the demand in London. So they decided to play a venue similar size to Hyde Park instead. 
    Just wish they had chosen the Friday instead of the Saturday so that I could have seen Green Day as well. Seems daft having a Green Day and a Pearl Jam show in one of the most popular cities in the world on the same day (and no second date on either).
  • It's so weird, Dimi was sure about 2 shows at O2 arena. Big changed by them, one show in a larger venue instead of 2 show at O2 Arena, 
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    drfox said:
    Sounds like the original plan was 2 days at the O2. I can sort of understand why they’ve changed it though. O2 is probably no longer big enough for the demand in London. So they decided to play a venue similar size to Hyde Park instead. 
    Just wish they had chosen the Friday instead of the Saturday so that I could have seen Green Day as well. Seems daft having a Green Day and a Pearl Jam show in one of the most popular cities in the world on the same day (and no second date on either).
    having PJ and green day in the same day is crazy LOL

im seeing them (green day) on the 25th in glasgow
  • just_one said:
    just_one said:
    Hyde Park is a bit different it's center of London, almost a festival, people go there whoever is playing just for a night out. 

Hope you are right but I'd be surprised 
    I'm also surprised. Have they every played a stadium in UK (excluding festivals)? 

Hyde Park festival is a different beast as you say. 
    Milton Keynes bowl in 2014. Not exactly a stadium, but it wasn't a festival date either
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    Wait a minute folks. What IF Pearl Jam were asked to replace a dropout headliner at Glastonbury Festival on Friday, 28 June? Supposed to be Madonna but fell through.

So maybe they decided to do Glasto last minute and changed the O2 to Tottemham to meet demand?
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    JackD. said:
    Wait a minute folks. What IF Pearl Jam were asked to replace a dropout headliner at Glastonbury Festival on Friday, 28 June? Supposed to be Madonna but fell through.

So maybe they decided to do Glasto last minute and changed the O2 to Tottemham to meet demand?
    Expectation for Glastonbury is Dua Lipa, Oldplay, Stevie Wonder. 
    Would be epic if one of those has gone by the way and PJ replaced. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    drfox said:
    Hotels are ridiculous again in London that weekend since Green Day announced a long time ago. 
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    It might be Tottenham stadium. And as an arsenal fan I would rather eat a dog turd than go in there,😁
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Just booked a premier inn right by Tottenham stadium with free cancellation, get in before the prices sky rocket  =)
    Which Premier Inn did you find as closest?

:)
  • Also, as Tottenham gig is a huge stadium, what are we thinking for chances of a Golden Circle?
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    makes no sense PJ playing the Tottenham stadium. It's way too big. Would have def preferred 2 dates at the O2. Disappointing although still psyched for the London show
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    makes no sense PJ playing the Tottenham stadium. It's way too big. Would have def preferred 2 dates at the O2. Disappointing although still psyched for the London show
    Do london and Manchester 
  • FílexFílex San Sebastian Posts: 26
    sorry, where are you getting UPDATED Information (Twickenham instead of O2, for example) from?
    (2006) Barcelona, Lisboa I & II, Madrid (2007) Lisboa, Madrid, Düsseldorf (2009) Manchester (2010) London, Arras, Bilbao (2012) Arras (2014) Amsterdam I & II (2018) London I, Barcelona, Madrid (2022) Oakland I, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I & II, Paris
  • seanclax said:
    Do london and Manchester 
    People works  =) It would be perfect two dates in London on friday and saturday. Probably I'll go to 3 concerts instead of 4.
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
    Fílex said:
    sorry, where are you getting UPDATED Information (Twickenham instead of O2, for example) from?
    someone saw the code of the website , check a few pages back , the whole tour was there
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    seanclax said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Hopefully both London shows will be announced together  but if its only one in London, I'm switching to Manchester instead. 
    Go to both
    Will see how it plays out. If it stays as one London show, Manchester & Dublin will be my priority. London can be added at any time should I change my mind. 
    Kearnsy
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    seanclax said:
    Do london and Manchester 
    People works  =) It would be perfect two dates in London on friday and saturday. Probably I'll go to 3 concerts instead of 4.
    What are the other 2?
  • seanclax said:
    seanclax said:
    Do london and Manchester 
    What are the other 2?
    Barcelona
  • seanclax said:
    seanclax said:
    Do london and Manchester 
    What are the other 2?
    Barcelona
    Hope to get the tickets for both shows
  • FílexFílex San Sebastian Posts: 26
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:
    someone saw the code of the website , check a few pages back , the whole tour was there
    Thanks! Can you, please, remind me the new Dates and cities? 🙏🏻
    (2006) Barcelona, Lisboa I & II, Madrid (2007) Lisboa, Madrid, Düsseldorf (2009) Manchester (2010) London, Arras, Bilbao (2012) Arras (2014) Amsterdam I & II (2018) London I, Barcelona, Madrid (2022) Oakland I, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I & II, Paris
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited February 13
    Was Indy confirmed as Aug 26th?
    Fílex said:
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:
    Thanks! Can you, please, remind me the new Dates and cities? 🙏🏻
    its pretty much whats in the 1st page with the exception that london is only 1 show on june 29th and not in O2 Arena but Tottenham stadium instead
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Fílex said:
    Twickenham is way too big!! 😄 You mean Tottenham
  • IS SWEDEN IN THE CARDS YET 

WHAT ARE THE LEAKERS SAYING
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:
    Possible to repost? I’ve been digging through the pages on this thread and can’t find it!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Was Indy confirmed as Aug 26th?
    Yes
  • yosi said:
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:
    Possible to repost? I’ve been digging through the pages on this thread and can’t find it!
    The code has been taken down now

This discussion has been closed.