Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    bazfromoz said:
    So Mad Cool had this exclusive time period for ticket sales before the full tour announcement and weren’t even selling one day tickets? That seems odd 
    Every festival operates that way. Single day tickets go on sale weeks after the lineup gets announced. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Happy NYE mofo's! 2023 had a handful of great shows and a postponed one. Here's to an epic 2024 with many new shows, a new album and more Kelce/Swift talk. Yep, I went there.  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    ilockyer said:
    demetrios said:
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:
    June 22 - Dublin - Marlay Park
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 - London

Best way to travel to & from these cities?

If you mean travelling between each show in order. Dublin to Manchester would be a very short flight and ryanair would be the cheapest airline. Train between Manchester and London 

Yes. Thank you!

Hi D - hope you make it over to Ireland and England next year! For trains use the CrossCountry website service: https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk

You can book upto 90 days in advance of the day/time you want to travel for cheaper tickets. For example, travelling from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston tomorrow is approx £57.00 (one way), whereas 90 days from now (next March) is £28.00 (one way).  Takes about 2 hours for the journey and there are trains every 30 mins or so. Then just use the Tube when you get into London to get to wherever you need.

This is good advice. However, the main train operating company between Manchester and London is Avanti West Coast.
    They often offer cheaper fares via their website than are available through others.
    Most train operating companies will sell tickets for others journeys, but offers may be restricted to their own.
    You can book via Avanti at https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/.
    It can also be worth looking into split ticketing to see if you can save money. www.trainsplit.com for this. 

Flights from Dublin to Manchester represent the cheapest route. However, if you've a couple of days to spare or wanted to explore North Wales, a ferry from Dublin to Holyhead is cheap as a foot passenger, www.irishferries.com or www.stenaline.co.uk for these. There is a rail service between Holyhead, Chester, Liverpool, Manchester, served by Avanti (website as above) or Transport for Wales at www.tfw.wales. 

D'oh - forgot about Avanti - pretty embarrassing as I commute to Manchester on the train quite a bit...! Thanks for the extra info :)

Thanks all for the info. :)

Yeah we are thinking on travelling to Europe next year. Those dates sound good. I am kinda hoping the London shows are not festival gigs. We will see in the days ahead.
  • Options
    MistafadedgloryMistafadedglory Oregon Posts: 1
    Does "Vancouver" mean British Columbia?  or Washington?
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,352
    Former
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 42
    It’s 2024 somewhere. Happy new year, for those who celebrate 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    Happy new year everyone!! Lets hope now that we dont have to wait much more for the european tour announcement 😁🥳
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278

Happy New Year..may it be one of amazing music, setlists, fun and friends..and tour announcements.

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Happy NYE mofo's! 2023 had a handful of great shows and a postponed one. Here's to an epic 2024 with many new shows, a new album and more Kelce/Swift talk. Yep, I went there.  =)
    100%  :)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    Former

Although it sure would be nice to see them in Vancouver WA, too! Looks like they will be playing Portland. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Former

Although it sure would be nice to see them in Vancouver WA, too! Looks like they will be playing Portland. 
    Portland, Maine or Portland, Oregon?  

j/k =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Former

j/k =)

Portland, Maine would be incredible!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    demetrios said:
    Former

j/k =)

Thompson Point with a belly full of Bissell
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    demetrios said:
    Former

j/k =)

Yesssssssssss

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    If Vegas is really May 16 and 18, it's going to be a shitshow. Well, May 18th specifically. EDC (largest electronic festival in the US) is that weekend, which means 175,000 festival-goers are going to be clogging up hotels, streets, the airport for 3 days. I noticed my go-to cheap hotel is already sold out, and others (including all the strip hotels) are exorbitantly priced. May make that date undoable for me, but May 16 should be fine. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    If Vegas is really May 16 and 18, it's going to be a shitshow. Well, May 18th specifically. EDC (largest electronic festival in the US) is that weekend, which means 175,000 festival-goers are going to be clogging up hotels, streets, the airport for 3 days. I noticed my go-to cheap hotel is already sold out, and others (including all the strip hotels) are exorbitantly priced. May make that date undoable for me, but May 16 should be fine. 
    I long ago booked a room for 16th...F the weekend prices . Because of weekends I saw all 4 of my Sphere shows on Wednesdays and my go-to affordable hotel (LINQ) was fine. 
  • Options
    symptomsfadesymptomsfade Posts: 237
    I long ago booked a room for 16th...F the weekend prices . Because of weekends I saw all 4 of my Sphere shows on Wednesdays and my go-to affordable hotel (LINQ) was fine. 
    Same.  Haven’t looked lately but couple weeks ago Linq was 58$ a night.  Thank you rumor thread!  
  • Options
    Same.  Haven’t looked lately but couple weeks ago Linq was 58$ a night.  Thank you rumor thread!  
    Excalibur rooms cheap on 16th... it's the damn resort fee
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    I hope this announcement comes in the next few weeks... the mrs. is giving me some dirty looks after we scrambled to figure out a vacation itinerary last month to accommodate the Dublin & Manchester shows. 
  • Options
    I booked there awhile ago too but damn those resort fees to hell
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    I have a room for end of Jan at LINQ that s $12 but fee is $45. It's ridiculous but oh well.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    There are plenty of hotels for Weds through Friday.  Saturday night is brutal.  

EDC is also an overnight concert (Starts 6 PM ends 6 AM or something like that) so alot of people want to bolt straight to a hotel sunday early AM
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    This was how it was supposed to be in ‘22. Same weekend as EDC. 
    Check EDC websites for hotel discounts. I remember booking a hotel for almost half off because I used a EDC code. Sure you’re sharing a hotel with those animals, but how well do you sleep in a hotel anyway? I know I barely do anyway 
  • Options
    Check EDC websites for hotel discounts. I remember booking a hotel for almost half off because I used a EDC code. Sure you’re sharing a hotel with those animals, but how well do you sleep in a hotel anyway? I know I barely do anyway 
    Brown chicken Brown cow!
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    edited January 2
    deb1211 said:
    I also booked a room at the Excalibur for the 16th awhile ago. They were cheap then and are still cheap now, and they're fully refundable, for anyone thinking of hitting up that show.

I was hoping to go for both the 16th AND the 18th, but I may just have to stick to the 16th given the ridiculous prices for Saturday night. Either that or drive 5 hours to Vegas Saturday morning and then drive home immediately after the show, which sounds pretty brutal.
    Post edited by walkunafraid on
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    I have like 6 nights at the Excalibur to cover my plans and it's still cheaper than my 4 nights in Chicago in 2018 and barely more than 4 nights in Austin last year so I don't mind even though Saturday is painful.
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 176
    deb1211 said:
    I also booked a room at the Excalibur for the 16th awhile ago. They were cheap then and are still cheap now, and they're fully refundable, for anyone thinking of hitting up that show.

I was hoping to go for both the 16th AND the 18th, but I may just have to stick to the 16th given the ridiculous prices for Saturday night. Either that or drive 5 hours to Vegas Saturday morning and then drive home immediately after the show, which sounds pretty brutal.
    I did this for the San Diego show in 2022.  Took a half day from work, drove down to SD (from Vegas), then drove back after the show, got home at 5:30am, then went into work around 9am.  Felt pretty good all day until around 3:30-4pm when I crashed. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    Former

j/k =)

I was expecting this. :-)

Funny and totally off-topic comment: We just bought a house in that area. If we tell people "Portland," they get confused when we say the house is in Washington. When they hear "Washington," they think DC. And if we say "Vancouver," they think Canada.

Now back to travel pre-planning...
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    Seems like normal Vegas hotel prices to me.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    From the sounds of it, none of them will be there while you're trying to sleep, so... 🤷🏼‍♂️

If I can squeeze a Vegas show in, I'd be driving up from PHX and finding a place to crash closer to Kingman. Should be dirt cheap there. 
This discussion has been closed.