The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    Are we still confident 13 February holds true?

I mean the date came up in November. Anything could have changed. I have a feeling it‘s way too quiet for a major announcement like that only one week ahead.
    all signs seem to point for it.

i find it frustated if in the next newsletter we get yet another keep your membership updated , i mean its the 3rd one !! 

we are way of from a perfect world at this point but an announcement feb 13th with a full world tour would be the way to go with lotteries separated by leg.

Feb 13 world tour announcement

europe lotery announced on the 15th and general sale on the 16th
    us lotery from the 20th till 22th and general sale on the 23th

no idea about australia though lol, maybe the week after?
    Sorry if I missed something, but what „all signs“ expect for someone posting the date on Facebook in November?

Honest question. I just don‘t want to get my hopes up for next week based on outdated info.
    The person who gave us all the tour dates confirmed the 13th. It didn’t come from Facebook. Anything could change at any time but it’s as well sourced as any piece of info here.
    Did he confirm in November or recently? Could you reconfirm @Facemeltor? Tour dates might be finalized 3 months ahead of an announcement, but really the exact announcement date? I‘d be surprised.
    Facemeltor has been correct since day one. The 13th is going to be a very BIG day for Pearl Jam fans of new music and tour dates. I can also confirm. If nothing happens on Tuesday, February 13th, you can call me out on these conversations for years to come. And just in case you get up (depending where you live) on the 13th and there is no news at that moment... 

1 pm EST, 12 pm CST, 11 am MST, 10 am PST. 

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Would you classify the dates listed in the first post to be accurate? Are there any that we are missing?
    Unknown on the official dates. Just what I've been told that the 13th will be a BIG day for Pearl Jam fans regarding new music and tour and they are always correct. The times are also when they announced the 2023 NA tour on 4/20 and everyone was freaking out when the announcement didn't come right away in the morning. I would expect the same times on 2/13. ;) 
    Big indeed. They have had this planned for a long time. Should be a fun day. 
    CaddyShack So Lets Dance on Make a GIF
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465
    vedpunk said:
    BF25394 said:
    dani11 said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    Keep the subject above what is the general consenssus about these shows and their priority when the time comes.

London/berlin/Barcelona 

At first i was thinking of putting london as seating (both nights) as my 1st and 2nd priorities. After the general talk here i've decided to go as GA

Was thinking of putting Barcelona night 1 and 2 as 3rd and 4th as seating as i got it in 2018 but it was as 1st priority

Might put berlin as 5th and 6th as in the 2022 tour there was tickets available for a long time, it wasnt a super fast sold out .

London seems to be the hardest one right? What do u guys think of my way of thought? Some tips will be most welcomed
    I'm also interested in this.

Any thoughts on which shows to pick (maybe do 2 or 3 out of London, Barcelona, Berlin) ...are 2nd nights generally 'better' than first nights?

The Berlin venue looks great but a little concerned about weather...although July is most likely to be good weather.
    Nowadays there isn’t much difference between first and second nights, but I would choose 2 nights in 1 city as there’s more likely to be a good variance of set list between the 2 nights.
    You make an excellent point about the setlists. Perhaps London then back to back Berlin dates. I like Barcelona, but I haven't seen Berlin yet.
    Huh? Look at the set lists from the two nights in Chicago, Fort Worth and Austin last year. They are vastly different from night to night. In Austin, there was only one song-- "Alive"-- played both nights.
    Those last two Austin shows were like 1 marathon show and were 🔥 !  Such a great ending to a short tour.  Eddie didn’t want to leave the stage on night 2 and genuinely looked happy as hell. 
    What great shows those were! 

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

I mean the date came up in November. Anything could have changed. I have a feeling it‘s way too quiet for a major announcement like that only one week ahead.

i find it frustated if in the next newsletter we get yet another keep your membership updated , i mean its the 3rd one !! 

we are way of from a perfect world at this point but an announcement feb 13th with a full world tour would be the way to go with lotteries separated by leg.

Sorry if I missed something, but what „all signs“ expect for someone posting the date on Facebook in November?

Honest question. I just don‘t want to get my hopes up for next week based on outdated info.
    The person who gave us all the tour dates confirmed the 13th. It didn’t come from Facebook. Anything could change at any time but it’s as well sourced as any piece of info here.
    Did he confirm in November or recently? Could you reconfirm @Facemeltor? Tour dates might be finalized 3 months ahead of an announcement, but really the exact announcement date? I‘d be surprised.
    Facemeltor has been correct since day one. The 13th is going to be a very BIG day for Pearl Jam fans of new music and tour dates. I can also confirm. If nothing happens on Tuesday, February 13th, you can call me out on these conversations for years to come. And just in case you get up (depending where you live) on the 13th and there is no news at that moment... 

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Would you classify the dates listed in the first post to be accurate? Are there any that we are missing?
    Unknown on the official dates. Just what I've been told that the 13th will be a BIG day for Pearl Jam fans regarding new music and tour and they are always correct. The times are also when they announced the 2023 NA tour on 4/20 and everyone was freaking out when the announcement didn't come right away in the morning. I would expect the same times on 2/13. ;) 

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Thank you Coco Butter and Facemeltor!
    +1
    +2 thanks for all u do!!!
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    So I really need to plan my Hartford trip any of you info leakers got that for me??  =)
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    edited February 6
    I'm interested to see if there is any truth to the Greg Hill WEEI 3 Fenway shows rumor or if he was just spouting off
    Regardless I'm very excited for next week 
  • pjl44 said:
    I'm interested to see if there is any truth to the Greg Hill WEEI 3 Fenway shows rumor or if he was just spouting off
    No info on this but when I heard it I wondered if they meant they are at Fenway over 3 nights ( 2 shows). Be an odd way of wording it though. 
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    pjl44 said:
    No info on this but when I heard it I wondered if they meant they are at Fenway over 3 nights ( 2 shows). Be an odd way of wording it though. 
    That’s what I was thinking too.  
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

A Fat Tuesday indeed
    pjl44 said:
    Oh that's interesting. Yeah, could easily be a misunderstanding. Like reading 9/15, 9/17 as 9/15-9/17.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Thank you Coco Butter and Facemeltor!
    +1
    +10 ! Nothing clever to add. Just Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. @Facemeltor and @coco butter
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

• enddemenddem Posts: 67
    deb1211 said:
    vedpunk said:
    BF25394 said:
    dani11 said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    Keep the subject above what is the general consenssus about these shows and their priority when the time comes.

London/berlin/Barcelona 

At first i was thinking of putting london as seating (both nights) as my 1st and 2nd priorities. After the general talk here i've decided to go as GA

Was thinking of putting Barcelona night 1 and 2 as 3rd and 4th as seating as i got it in 2018 but it was as 1st priority

Might put berlin as 5th and 6th as in the 2022 tour there was tickets available for a long time, it wasnt a super fast sold out .

London seems to be the hardest one right? What do u guys think of my way of thought? Some tips will be most welcomed
    I'm also interested in this.

Any thoughts on which shows to pick (maybe do 2 or 3 out of London, Barcelona, Berlin) ...are 2nd nights generally 'better' than first nights?

The Berlin venue looks great but a little concerned about weather...although July is most likely to be good weather.
    Nowadays there isn’t much difference between first and second nights, but I would choose 2 nights in 1 city as there’s more likely to be a good variance of set list between the 2 nights.
    You make an excellent point about the setlists. Perhaps London then back to back Berlin dates. I like Barcelona, but I haven't seen Berlin yet.
    Huh? Look at the set lists from the two nights in Chicago, Fort Worth and Austin last year. They are vastly different from night to night. In Austin, there was only one song-- "Alive"-- played both nights.
    Those last two Austin shows were like 1 marathon show and were 🔥 !  Such a great ending to a short tour.  Eddie didn’t want to leave the stage on night 2 and genuinely looked happy as hell. 
    What great shows those were! 

My first two shows. Couldn't have asked for a better initiation into the live experience. Awesome photo! 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Big - like a 10C only show in Antarctica big?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

They need to hurry up and confirm this. Those cruise ship prices are going to explode if I wait much longer to book.
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

My worry is "last tour as a complete band" big. 
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

I have wondered the same thing. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

They need to hurry up and confirm this. Those cruise ship prices are going to explode if I wait much longer to book.
    Aisle seats for everyone!
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Or a Neil Jam leg/shows as part of the tour.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Man, y’all love to stress yourselves out!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    edited February 6
    @ComeToTX did you read the backstory Kevin Shuss wrote about that Longhorns seat? Really brought it all full circle at the Austin shows.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Don't think that would count as a "fun day"
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    Are we expecting additional dates to be added to the rumored line up or are those cities set in stone?
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 650
    Are we expecting additional dates to be added to the rumored line up or are those cities set in stone?
    I'm expecting them to be roughly right, maybe some slight adjustments on dates and (less) maybe an additional show or two.
  • IlianDL7IlianDL7 Posts: 23
    Think dimi said on Facebook most are correct with 2 shows/cities not yet on the list, for which part of the world this was I do not know
    Werchter '14
    Werchter '18
    Werchter '22
    Budapest '22
    Amsterdam N2 '22
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    100 Pacer said:
    @ComeToTX did you read the backstory Kevin Shuss wrote about that Longhorns seat? Really brought it all full circle at the Austin shows.
    I did. Love it! 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

I kind of feel like PJ is our decades Stones.   They'll keep going until they can't, and maybe still keep going.

PJ does tend to do more dates than normal when touring a new album.  The Gigaton tour would of been bigger but due to covid the fall dates never got announced.

I'm optimistic they've got another decade or two in them.   They seem to do what they need to do to keep it going.  Don't tour too much, space out the shows, respect the people in the band that don't like touring as much to keep them included.

I was watching U2 the other day and their only a few years older than PJ but they're still going strong :)
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Don't think that would count as a "fun day"
    Good point. 
    njhaley1 said:
    JackD. said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

You're welcome. 
    Nice!!!

Or a Neil Jam leg/shows as part of the tour.
    That would explain the slow rollout 🤣
This discussion has been closed.