Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    edited November 2023
    Chrrie said:
    tschav said:
    setlist41 said:
    Could it be Dobly Live... I know dmb is there in March. I wonder 🤔 
    That's where Ed played a couple years ago I believe.   Certainly possible.  They have played mgm before, the unlv arena and also I think the arena at Mandalay Bay.  There's a gazillion concert venues in Vegas but yeah I'd guess mgm is probably most likely. 
    Pretty sure 2022 was planned to be MGM, so I'd assume there again. 
    Or the T-Mobile Arena.. ?
    Looks like there’s an event at T-Mobile on the 18th and an event at MGM on the 17th. Don’t see them tearing down the stage in between shows just to book MGM? Dolby/Planet Hollywood would be cool but those are small theaters. Maybe the UNLV arena? I don’t know what’s left. 
    Maybe THOSE DATES ARE WRONG? 😉
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 98
    Chrrie said:
    tschav said:
    setlist41 said:
    That's where Ed played a couple years ago I believe.   Certainly possible.  They have played mgm before, the unlv arena and also I think the arena at Mandalay Bay.  There's a gazillion concert venues in Vegas but yeah I'd guess mgm is probably most likely. 
    Looks like there’s an event at T-Mobile on the 18th and an event at MGM on the 17th. Don’t see them tearing down the stage in between shows just to book MGM? Dolby/Planet Hollywood would be cool but those are small theaters. Maybe the UNLV arena? I don’t know what’s left. 
    Maybe THOSE DATES ARE WRONG
    But facemeltor’s mom 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    setlist41 said:
    setlist41 said:
    30th of May,  there's an game at climate pledge....so 🤔 
    Were you looking at March? I see one concert in May on the climatepledge calendar and no games.
    Whoops....my bad, wrong month. My apologies 
    Could be T-Mobile Park where they played two shows in 2018
    If it's the 28th and 30th, the Mariners are home, so not T-Mobile. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Gorge doesn't look scheduled on those dates.  Late May would be pretty nice at the Gorge.  Would be amazing, but what do you do out in the middle of nowhere for the day between shows?
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188
    Zod said:
    Gorge doesn't look scheduled on those dates.  Late May would be pretty nice at the Gorge.  Would be amazing, but what do you do out in the middle of nowhere for the day between shows?
    Wild Burgers!
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    Chrrie said:
    tschav said:
    setlist41 said:
    Michelob Ultra Arena (or whatever they call it now) at Mandalay Bay. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Chrrie said:
    tschav said:
    setlist41 said:
    Mandalay Bay Events Center. I have seen Muse, Arcade Fire, Sabbath there. No concerts these days at Thomas & Mack.

There are 5 arenas, one concert hall, one football stadium, and soon to be a baseball stadium right around Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd.
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    kaw753 said:
    Chrrie said:
    tschav said:
    setlist41 said:
    Mandalay Bay Events Center. I have seen Muse, Arcade Fire, Sabbath there. No concerts these days at Thomas & Mack.

There are 5 arenas, one concert hall, one football stadium, and soon to be a baseball stadium right around Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd.
    So you are saying there are options?
  • Options
    I’m probably skipping LV but if it’s at Dolby and by some miracle I can get tickets that would change things.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    I’m probably skipping LV but if it’s at Dolby and by some miracle I can get tickets that would change things.  
    Ahh come on..come to Vegas
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    edited November 2023

Maybe like Florida or anywhere in the south?
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 284
    My 40th birthday is in May. It'll cost me a fortune coming all the way from NC, but seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle would be crossing off a life goal for me, haha. I think I gotta go for it. People at work already think I'm crazy for flying to St Paul and Denver over the last couple of years to see them. They just don't understand. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    My 40th birthday is in May. It'll cost me a fortune coming all the way from NC, but seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle would be crossing off a life goal for me, haha. I think I gotta go for it. People at work already think I'm crazy for flying to St Paul and Denver over the last couple of years to see them. They just don't understand. 
    Do it!
  • Options
    Crazy to go from NC to St Paul? That's nothing...lol Who are these losers you work with? What would they think of those of us who go overseas? 
    I've been to Australia 4 x for U2 and Sprngsteen tours and PJ will be 5th time! 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    this just has slowdown in the last few days...the calm before the storm perhaps?
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 284
    ^^ I agree! I guess they've never been a true fan of anything in their life. Or they're just boring people, frugal as hell 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    ^^ I agree! I guess they've never been a true fan of anything in their life. Or they're just boring people, frugal as hell 
    My work people thought I was crazy going from So Cal to Philly 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    My mother in law thinks I'm nuts for travelling to see a band..she totally doesn't get it..thinks I'm too old to be going to concerts and when it was mentioned about me doing it again next year after Texas this year, she was like not that again.
    Post edited by deb1211 on
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,431
    deb1211 said:
    My mother in law thinks I'm nuts for travelling to see a band..she totally doesn't get it..thinks I'm too old to be going to concerts and when it was mentioned about me doing it again next year after Texas this year, she was like not that again?
    I've been dealing with this from my family since 2006. Easy to ignore them at this point  =)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,330
    The Rock said:
    deb1211 said:
    My mother in law thinks I'm nuts for travelling to see a band..she totally doesn't get it..thinks I'm too old to be going to concerts and when it was mentioned about me doing it again next year after Texas this year, she was like not that again?
    I've been dealing with this from my family since 2006. Easy to ignore them at this point  =)
    My entire family- including my wife- think I am completely insane for traveling to see a band and camping out overnight to get rail. They’re probably right. But I also don’t care 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,589
    Co-workers "You are going to see Pearl Jam again? How many times do you need to see them?"  Well, they never play the same show twice, the setlist is different every night so...
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,330
    Co-workers "You are going to see Pearl Jam again? How many times do you need to see them?"  Well, they never play the same show twice, the setlist is different every night so...
    I’m pretty sure I’ve had that exact conversation at least 150 times with coworkers. “Why do you need to see them again after you’ve already seen them X times.” As I try to explain to them, you won’t get it unless you go see them. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    steven87 said:
    I’m pretty sure I’ve had that exact conversation at least 150 times with coworkers. “Why do you need to see them again after you’ve already seen them X times.” As I try to explain to them, you won’t get it unless you go see them. 
    meanwhile they see a band who plays the same set every night and has the concert rehearsed/scripted down to banter on stage
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    I compare it to seeing a movie franchise.  

Did you go see Star Wars ?
    Ya
    Did you go see Empire Strikes Back ?
    Ya , of course 
    Why?,  it’s the same characters , same concept?
    Well the storyline is different 
    So is Pearl Jams. 
    Ahhhhhhhh 

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    Living in the Atlanta area, traveling to see them is my only choice. Granted I would still travel to see them even if they did play here more often. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    I mean ppl watch the same movie over and over again. I didn't see PJ for many years as I raised my kids, but now they are older and I've made it a priority. It's ashame friends and family can't just be happy for the things that bring us joy and passion. I'm sorry if people don't understand, because it's a beautiful thing to experience and be apart of.
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    I mean ppl watch the same movie over and over again. I didn't see PJ for many years as I raised my kids, but now they are older and I've made it a priority. It's ashame friends and family can't just be happy for the things that bring us joy and passion. I'm sorry if people don't understand, because it's a beautiful thing to experience and be apart of.
    This is why we have jamily! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    edited November 2023
    yeah this has cooldown a lot , bring out the annoucement dammit :disappointed: no more rumours popping out
  • Options
    just_one said:
    yeah this has cooldown a lot , bring out the annoucement dammit :disappointed: no more rumours popping out
    I mean there was a post the other day with basically the entire spring tour, assuming it was accurate.  How much else could there be expected to be? 

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188
    Kwieneke said:
    steven87 said:
    meanwhile they see a band who plays the same set every night and has the concert rehearsed/scripted down to banter on stage
    Bingo.  That’s the difference.  If that’s all they know, that’s why they say why would you go a second time.  

It took me taking my wife to see U2 two nights in a row for her to appreciate PJ.  Before the second U2 show she asked how many songs would be different.  I said maybe 3-4.   She sat quietly for a bit, clearly disappointed.  I waited silently.  Then she said, now I understand why you love seeing PJ multiple times.  I get it now.  The unknown is exciting.  Knowing exactly what to expect is boring. 
This discussion has been closed.