Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    Who actually provided the exact dates for the UK shows? I have scrolled back many, many pages ... but couldn't find anything trustworthy.
    There isn‘t. just_one guessed some dates, people quoted it in other forums and it came back here as fact.
    28/29
    @Facemeltor can you verify the validity of your claims? a LOT of people are taking these rumors as gospel putting blind faith in you and others. i mean no disrespect but i'm curious to know why your rumors should carry gravitas.
    In the 2023 tour thread they posted a clue that Inhaler would be the opener before it was announced. So you take mental notes about posters who seem to be in the know.
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    Who actually provided the exact dates for the UK shows? I have scrolled back many, many pages ... but couldn't find anything trustworthy.
    There isn‘t. just_one guessed some dates, people quoted it in other forums and it came back here as fact.
    28/29
    @Facemeltor can you verify the validity of your claims? a LOT of people are taking these rumors as gospel putting blind faith in you and others. i mean no disrespect but i'm curious to know why your rumors should carry gravitas.
    Leave the man alone
    what? i'm simply asking for some verification. people are booking hotel rooms and freaking out about the lack of cities being included etc etc based on the postings of someone we know nothing about (and has a private profile). it's insanity. why is there so much blind faith? is it just that people WANT to believe so they choose to?
    Why do you care.
    Let people believe what they want to.
    If they get a cheaper hotel deal then you get it'll be worth it.
    because it's not healthy? i feel compelled to help my fellow fan? and it'd also be nice to root out bullshit if there is any so that the info we're spreading is legit? also, some people in this community are trying to foster more honest dialogues across social media. some people get very emotional about this stuff and if the info is wrong they'll be let down. i don't like that. maybe you don't care, but i do.
    don't need a helmet. got a hard, hard head.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    what? i'm simply asking for some verification. people are booking hotel rooms and freaking out about the lack of cities being included etc etc based on the postings of someone we know nothing about (and has a private profile). it's insanity. why is there so much blind faith? is it just that people WANT to believe so they choose to?
    Because this is how you burn sources. Believe or don’t but the verification comes when dates are announced officially. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    In the 2023 tour thread they posted a clue that Inhaler would be the opener before it was announced. So you take mental notes about posters who seem to be in the know.
    who is they? this is what i'm asking. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    Facemeltor was right about multiple things last year 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    Because this is how you burn sources. Believe or don’t but the verification comes when dates are announced officially. 
    & some of us have seen enough rumors pan out over the years to know that there's often truth behind them. 
  • Options
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    you don't have to burn sources to prove you're legit.
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    like?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    As usual there are no rumors. It is all hearsay. 
    I am not sure you know what hearsay means. 

The law degree says I do. The band is not on tour. All this chatter is wishful thinking.
    Hearsay is a synonym for rumors. How can you have one and not the other...

You would think someone with a law degree would know that. 
    As a lawyer, I have met many other lawyers over the years who seem to have no understanding whatsoever of what hearsay actually is 🤣

That is true.The comments in this thread have no basis in fact. Those of us that have been around for awhile know to just wait for an announcement. 
    This is the RUMOR thread. Why drop in here just to antagonize people who are enjoying socializing with other fans while they discuss potential tour dates?  Just let people enjoy the ride. 

I not trying to antagonize anyone. Sorry if I came off that way. Just trying to bing a bit of truth.
    You would think the guy that spent a fortune on scalped Ohana tickets in 2021 would think differently of this thread. You would have saved a ton of money if you listened to the people here that were telling you Encore was coming and to hold off buying the first weekend tickets. 

This thread has been right every tour. Maybe a date or two off but enough to say it’s not just rumours and there is real info out there. That’s why it is the busiest thread on this forum. 

Yep so overpriced. And worth every penny. I think I have just gotten used to the long gaps between shows and I just saw them in the fall of 2022. That normally means a wait lol. And yes I may be a bit grumpy from all the fake news out there :)
    Of course it was worth it for you. That’s not what I am saying. What I am saying is if you paid attention to this thread in 2021 you would have seen hints of another weekend coming making the first weekend prices fall way below face. 

Also fair. That is generally not how I operate when it comes to concert tix.  Probably not the smartest approach.  
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    Why do you care.
    Let people believe what they want to.
    If they get a cheaper hotel deal then you get it'll be worth it.
    because it's not healthy? i feel compelled to help my fellow fan? and it'd also be nice to root out bullshit if there is any so that the info we're spreading is legit? also, some people in this community are trying to foster more honest dialogues across social media. some people get very emotional about this stuff and if the info is wrong they'll be let down. i don't like that. maybe you don't care, but i do.
    Help your fellow fan?
    Is anyone in here struggling cos if they are they don't have to be here.

• Options
    It would be nice if the people who don't believe the rumours and get offended by the ones that do could just leave.
  • Options
    henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    edited December 2023
    Ince.es said:
    henchman said:
    The info about the announcement has been deleted from the ABC website. No it says "it will be announced soon".

Sorry from Spain for this shame.
    Are you really in Spain?
    Euskal Herria where PJ has played 4 times.  B)
    Post edited by henchman on
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    It would be nice if the people who don't believe the rumours and get offended by the ones that do could just leave.
    Agreed... the objections to this thread are absurd. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 808
    edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Dont worry about it so much man, you end up with a heartattack.
    Read some...smile some.....drink some and enjoy
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    These "rumor" threads have helped me immensely in the past to secure hotels for less and in a great spot before the public got the full announcement. I appreciate this thread
  • Options
    Trust the rumors enough for planning and refundable travel and lodging. But remember that plans can change before the announcement.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    Trust the rumors enough for planning and refundable travel and lodging. But remember that plans can change before the announcement.
    Refundable always of course. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    JK78970 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    like?
    Without looking back through that thread, I remember I booked a hotel 3 weeks in advance and took work off for Chicago. And the dates were exactly as advertised. Also knew about ruoff probably a month or two before it was announced as well as the second night that was supposed to happen but got scrapped 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    seanclax said:
    Kearn5y said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RHCP just announced 2024 NA dates.  
    this tour has been going on 2 years at this point. Always shows to look forward to
    Thier setlists are awful though.
    RHCP are awful. 
    Disagree on that
    Not a rumour (in my head). Just could never get into them. Seen them 2 and a bit times. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    this is fine. i agree it's a smart way to approach these rumors. i am speaking about those who do not take them with grains of salt and get emotionally invested in them. i've seen it here. i've seen it on facebook threads. it's crazy. "why is there no Atlanta?!" "two dates in vancouver!?" i understand and agree they're not hurting anyone by believing all of this. i'm just saying i'd prefer it we had some level of pragmatism here. maybe it's just a minority of people that are glued to these rumors as fact. 
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    These "rumor" threads have helped me immensely in the past to secure hotels for less and in a great spot before the public got the full announcement. I appreciate this thread
    that's great. how many of them turned out to be true? i ask because someone else told me that previous tour rumors that turned out to be true that were posted here would be removed by admins. these rumors have stayed up...so logic dictates they're wrong. i just want some sanity and perspective applied.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    These rumor threads have been life savers when booking hotels.  Because of threads like these I've been able to book hotels in various cities before the announcements and been able to lock in some great rates over the years.  Often right next to the venue.  Move along if you don't appreciate the info. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    I'm wondering...over two nights is Barcelona, would they play around 57 songs or closer to 68...
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    TO42596 said:
    I'm wondering...over two nights is Barcelona, would they play around 57 songs or closer to 68...
    If they play 57 songs I would be pleasantly surprised. Def bet on the under. 
  • Options
    BOISE, please!  It's only been 23 years, just sayin.  
    1995: Salt Lake City 1 & 2
    1998: Missoula
    2000: Boise
    2002: Seattle 1 & 2
    2003: Phoenix
    2004: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School)
    2005: The Gorge
    2006: Las Vegas, The Gorge
    2009: Seattle
    2013: Portland, Spokane, Seattle
    2014: Memphis
  • Options
    JK78970 said:
    deb1211 said:
    that's great. how many of them turned out to be true? i ask because someone else told me that previous tour rumors that turned out to be true that were posted here would be removed by admins. these rumors have stayed up...so logic dictates they're wrong. i just want some sanity and perspective applied.
    Whoever told you correct rumors get deleted is misinformed. 
  • Options
    Probably closer to 50 songs over 2 nights.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    yep....Chicago being the recent example.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Hopefully with only 2/3 repeats like hyde park last year
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    JK78970 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    who is they? this is what i'm asking. 
    Facemeltor 
This discussion has been closed.