Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    edited December 2023
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    As usual there are no rumors. It is all hearsay. 
    I am not sure you know what hearsay means. 

The law degree says I do. The band is not on tour. All this chatter is wishful thinking.
    Hearsay is a synonym for rumors. How can you have one and not the other...

You would think someone with a law degree would know that. 
    As a lawyer, I have met many other lawyers over the years who seem to have no understanding whatsoever of what hearsay actually is 🤣

That is true.The comments in this thread have no basis in fact. Those of us that have been around for awhile know to just wait for an announcement.  
    As far as what "those of us that have been around for a while know".... I can think of at least 5 tours going back to 2013 for which I booked refundable hotels off rumors like these and been well rewarded for it, so maybe hold off on speaking for everyone.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Kwieneke said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RHCP just announced 2024 NA dates.  
    this tour has been going on 2 years at this point. Always shows to look forward to
    Thier setlists are awful though.
    Definitely more rinse and repeat than PJ and pretty short. But its a fun show
    agreed...we saw them a few times with Josh and they were great
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:
    this tour has been going on 2 years at this point. Always shows to look forward to
    I read a review of a show in Australia where they played 20 total songs, 7 were from the new album, and only 1 was from Californication. The people were not impressed.

I was never much of fan, but to each their own. They definitely get out there and play shows.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:
    I read a review of a show in Australia where they played 20 total songs, 7 were from the new album, and only 1 was from Californication. The people were not impressed.

I was never much of fan, but to each their own. They definitely get out there and play shows.
    I think the main complaint was they were playing new stuff. Kind of the same complaints that we see here sometimes.

I think the Getaway and Unlimited Love are two of their best. It's interesting to me that they are calling this the Unlimited Love tour even though they have released an album since then.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

I think the main complaint was they were playing new stuff. Kind of the same complaints that we see here sometimes.

I think the Getaway and Unlimited Love are two of their best. It's interesting to me that they are calling this the Unlimited Love tour even though they have released an album since then.
    I thought the music world and us fans came to an agreement decades ago? The band is allowed to play max 5 songs from the new album and that includes their current radio hit. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

i saw them at Soldier Field in '22 and it seemed like mostly hits. It was a big singalong for most of the night. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    Kearn5y said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RHCP are awful. 
    Disagree on that
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Definitely more rinse and repeat than PJ and pretty short. But its a fun show
    Definitely a fun show and they're tight live. Just would never play the songs I'd really want to hear.
    I hate stadium shows also and that's all they do in the uk
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    edited December 2023
    Seen RHCP once on their 2017 tour.  I like their music but wasn't impressed with the show itself.  Only played for 90 minutes with an encore.  No desire to see them again. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

One from Californication.
    Try getting anything from one hot minute or before BSSM.
    not going to happen 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

not going to happen 
    And Frusciante refuses to play anything from the two albums with Josh..
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

The law degree says I do. The band is not on tour. All this chatter is wishful thinking.

As a lawyer, I have met many other lawyers over the years who seem to have no understanding whatsoever of what hearsay actually is 🤣

That is true.The comments in this thread have no basis in fact. Those of us that have been around for awhile know to just wait for an announcement. 
    This is the RUMOR thread. Why drop in here just to antagonize people who are enjoying socializing with other fans while they discuss potential tour dates?  Just let people enjoy the ride. 

I not trying to antagonize anyone. Sorry if I came off that way. Just trying to bing a bit of truth.
    You would think the guy that spent a fortune on scalped Ohana tickets in 2021 would think differently of this thread. You would have saved a ton of money if you listened to the people here that were telling you Encore was coming and to hold off buying the first weekend tickets. 

This thread has been right every tour. Maybe a date or two off but enough to say it’s not just rumours and there is real info out there. That’s why it is the busiest thread on this forum. 

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

As far as what "those of us that have been around for a while know".... I can think of at least 5 tours going back to 2013 for which I booked refundable hotels off rumors like these and been well rewarded for it, so maybe hold off on speaking for everyone.

That is fair. I typically do not travel for PJ.   
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    My experience at Ohana was that you could buy a ticket for about $30 the day of the show as people had a lot of extras.  
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Seen RHCP once on their 2017 tour.  I like their music but wasn't impressed with the show itself.  Only played for 90 minutes with an encore.  No desire to see them again. 
    Same, but 2000... & I never really listened to them the same way again after. It was a very lackluster performance, among other things. 
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

not going to happen 
    I loved OHM, and was beyond disappointed they didn't play anything from it when i saw them. (they were only one album removed) 
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Same, but 2000... & I never really listened to them the same way again after. It was a very lackluster performance, among other things. 
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

not going to happen 
    I loved OHM, and was beyond disappointed they didn't play anything from it when i saw them. (they were only one album removed) 
    Thats a killer album.
    I think they avoid playing songs from it because dave navarro was the guitarist on that album 
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    Who actually provided the exact dates for the UK shows? I have scrolled back many, many pages ... but couldn't find anything trustworthy.
    There isn‘t. just_one guessed some dates, people quoted it in other forums and it came back here as fact.
    28/29
    @Facemeltor can you verify the validity of your claims? a LOT of people are taking these rumors as gospel putting blind faith in you and others. i mean no disrespect but i'm curious to know why your rumors should carry gravitas.
    don't need a helmet. got a hard, hard head.
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    JojoRice said:
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

not going to happen 
    Thats a killer album.
    I think they avoid playing songs from it because dave navarro was the guitarist on that album 
    I know, but why? Is Frusciante that much of a diva? 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

This is the RUMOR thread. Why drop in here just to antagonize people who are enjoying socializing with other fans while they discuss potential tour dates?  Just let people enjoy the ride. 

I not trying to antagonize anyone. Sorry if I came off that way. Just trying to bing a bit of truth.
    You would think the guy that spent a fortune on scalped Ohana tickets in 2021 would think differently of this thread. You would have saved a ton of money if you listened to the people here that were telling you Encore was coming and to hold off buying the first weekend tickets. 

This thread has been right every tour. Maybe a date or two off but enough to say it’s not just rumours and there is real info out there. That’s why it is the busiest thread on this forum. 

Yep so overpriced. And worth every penny. I think I have just gotten used to the long gaps between shows and I just saw them in the fall of 2022. That normally means a wait lol. And yes I may be a bit grumpy from all the fake news out there :)
  • Options
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    Who actually provided the exact dates for the UK shows? I have scrolled back many, many pages ... but couldn't find anything trustworthy.
    There isn‘t. just_one guessed some dates, people quoted it in other forums and it came back here as fact.
    28/29
    @Facemeltor can you verify the validity of your claims? a LOT of people are taking these rumors as gospel putting blind faith in you and others. i mean no disrespect but i'm curious to know why your rumors should carry gravitas.
    Leave the man alone
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    I was expecting some breaking news. Hadn't logged in for about 5 days, and there were 28 new pages to this thread.
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    JojoRice said:
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:
    seanclax said:
    Kwieneke said:

not going to happen 
    Thats a killer album.
    I know, but why? Is Frusciante that much of a diva? 
    To be fair to John even when josh was in the band they never played one hot minute songs.
    That album holds a special place in my heart so it's frustrating 
  • Options
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    what? i'm simply asking for some verification. people are booking hotel rooms and freaking out about the lack of cities being included etc etc based on the postings of someone we know nothing about (and has a private profile). it's insanity. why is there so much blind faith? is it just that people WANT to believe so they choose to?
    don't need a helmet. got a hard, hard head.
  • Options
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    what? i'm simply asking for some verification. people are booking hotel rooms and freaking out about the lack of cities being included etc etc based on the postings of someone we know nothing about (and has a private profile). it's insanity. why is there so much blind faith? is it just that people WANT to believe so they choose to?
    Why do you care.
    Let people believe what they want to.
    If they get a cheaper hotel deal then you get it'll be worth it.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    The post that sounds the most like freaking out so far is yours.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Yep so overpriced. And worth every penny. I think I have just gotten used to the long gaps between shows and I just saw them in the fall of 2022. That normally means a wait lol. And yes I may be a bit grumpy from all the fake news out there :)
    Of course it was worth it for you. That’s not what I am saying. What I am saying is if you paid attention to this thread in 2021 you would have seen hints of another weekend coming making the first weekend prices fall way below face. 
  • Options
    JK78970 said:
    seanclax said:
    JK78970 said:
    JackD. said:
    Zen23 said:
    28/29
    Leave the man alone
    They're rumors, so don't book anything that can't be refunded. As far as people freaking out... that's on them. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    steven87 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

It’s cool.  I rescind my antagonize comment.  😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    I've seen them a few times over the years but the combination of relatively short sets and the rising price of tickets has meant I won't bother again. I loved The Getaway. Amazing album. Their new material since John rejoined seems a bit RHCP pastiche so I don't feel I'm missing out TBH.
This discussion has been closed.