Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    An European Tour in Apr/May or Sep/Oct would be amazing
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited August 2023
    drfox said:
    I wonder why they keep touring in May to September then if he doesn’t like it. When was the last tour not in these months? US 2016? Personally I would love a Sep/Oct/Nov or Mar/Apr U.K. and Europe tour. Can’t remember when they last played here in those months 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Europe tour in the spring, New England tour in October. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    edited August 2023
    Let's see.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,152
    JimmyV said:
    Europe tour in the spring, New England tour in October. 
    That would be good 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,661
    demetrios said:
    2022/2023 was basically the entire country west of Indiana minus the PNW.  2024 should be a large run from Boston down to Florida (New England, Ohio, PA, VA, Carolinas, Atlanta, Etc...)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,230
    Yes come on Southeast.
  • Options
    IJustWantedLukinIJustWantedLukin Melbourne, Australia Posts: 24
    large year = asia 🤔
    Eí per noi un piacere augurarvi insieme
    Ai R.E.M. un buon cetriolo
  • Options
    Haven’t been on in awhile… but I definitely think New England will be a stop next year. I might be wrong, I swear there was a rumor going around of a tour that they had scheduled for this past spring that’s was supposed to be about 10 dates long and included Boston/New England area, but for some reason it got scrapped last minute. 

So my predictions are for next year, New England area, the south east, and probably some area they have not been too in awhile. I know Jeff said in an interview recently they want to hit some markets they haven’t been in awhile. 

And who knows maybe the long rumored Citizens Bank Park show will finally happen that’s been on going since 2018 😂. Or maybe Camden Yards for the Baltimore show that got canceled. The arena is back up and running though. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    Haven’t been on in awhile… but I definitely think New England will be a stop next year. I might be wrong, I swear there was a rumor going around of a tour that they had scheduled for this past spring that’s was supposed to be about 10 dates long and included Boston/New England area, but for some reason it got scrapped last minute. 
    10 New England dates?!?  :o

• Options
    demetrios said:
    10 New England dates?!?  :o

Nah lol. The rumor I remember was it supposed 10 date tour that started in New England but for some reason got scrapped right before it was announced. No idea if any other areas were rumored or not. I sorta remember there being a Pittsburgh rumor but it was awhile back. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    What 5 cities will we get next year during the first two weeks in September.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Jeff said a few months ago that they have a bunch of things penciled in for next year, but what he didn't say was that he plans to say no to half of them. 
    💀
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    SS151546 said:
    I know post people don't want to accept it, but the years of 30-40 show tours are behind them.  They are not spring chickens anymore and they all have families and I am sure they want to spend as much time with them as possible. Touring is just too physically demanding and draining at their age.  I don't want to accept it either as a fan but it happens with just about every act.  Fewer shows, shorter set lists, etc.  Just saw Metallica in NJ and following weekend in Montreal. They still sound great but you can definitely tell they are not the same physically.  They used to play 2 and half hour sets, then about 29 years ago it became 2 hours 15 minutes and it became 18 song setlists (15 + 3 song encore).  Then 2 years ago it became 2 hours and 16 songs without encore and it seems it's going to be mostly stadiums going forward with 2 shows max per week. I know a lot of people are complaining that it's all about money at this point for them, and while it feels like it and very well may be, I can't blame a band that can make the same amount in 2 shows over a weekend rather than doing 8-10 arena shows over 2 weeks. Pearl Jam is getting very close to that as well.  I can definitely see their tours becoming 8-10 festival/stadium shows in Europe and 5-6 stadium weekends in the States. It's a lot less exhausting and makes financial sense. Everyone needs to remember that music and touring is a business and ultimately all bands treat it as such. 

Same age and can tour more than 10 shows a year.
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,335
    SS151546 said:
    I know post people don't want to accept it, but the years of 30-40 show tours are behind them.  They are not spring chickens anymore and they all have families and I am sure they want to spend as much time with them as possible. Touring is just too physically demanding and draining at their age.  I don't want to accept it either as a fan but it happens with just about every act.  Fewer shows, shorter set lists, etc.  Just saw Metallica in NJ and following weekend in Montreal. They still sound great but you can definitely tell they are not the same physically.  They used to play 2 and half hour sets, then about 29 years ago it became 2 hours 15 minutes and it became 18 song setlists (15 + 3 song encore).  Then 2 years ago it became 2 hours and 16 songs without encore and it seems it's going to be mostly stadiums going forward with 2 shows max per week. I know a lot of people are complaining that it's all about money at this point for them, and while it feels like it and very well may be, I can't blame a band that can make the same amount in 2 shows over a weekend rather than doing 8-10 arena shows over 2 weeks. Pearl Jam is getting very close to that as well.  I can definitely see their tours becoming 8-10 festival/stadium shows in Europe and 5-6 stadium weekends in the States. It's a lot less exhausting and makes financial sense. Everyone needs to remember that music and touring is a business and ultimately all bands treat it as such. 

Chili peppers just had an insane year and a half of touring 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,152
    SS151546 said:

It is frustrating how infrequently the band tours (would love to see them tour annually - once every 2-4 years in U.K. for only 1-2 shows per tour is nowhere near enough). But looking at it another way, each band member supposedly has a net worth of $70m plus. They do not need to work. I’m grateful we get see them at all. If they wanted to they could tour even less, they do not need the money. They probably just decided they want to spend more time at home with family, you can’t blame them for it. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    drfox said:
    SS151546 said:

It is frustrating how infrequently the band tours (would love to see them tour annually - once every 2-4 years in U.K. for only 1-2 shows per tour is nowhere near enough). But looking at it another way, each band member supposedly has a net worth of $70m plus. They do not need to work. I’m grateful we get see them at all. If they wanted to they could tour even less, they do not need the money. They probably just decided they want to spend more time at home with family, you can’t blame them for it. 
    Agreed...I hope they get enough enjoyment from it to keep at it. It will be a sad day if they ever decide to call it quits. 

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Haven't seen a show at Citadel Hill in Halifax since 2000 summersault....how about a Pearl Jam / Foo Fighters show there?

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    Haven't seen a show at Citadel Hill in Halifax since 2000 summersault....how about a Pearl Jam / Foo Fighters show there?
    Last time I was there as well. Lots of great memories with summersault 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Last time I was there as well. Lots of great memories with summersault 
    No way! Man that was fun - how cool was it to see a lineup of Maynard James Keenan, Dave Grohl and Billy Corgan? I was up front for the foo - Dave def had a few drinks haha, but they rocked! 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    DMB and Phish make me so jealous. Constant and regular touring, year after year. DMB just added a short fall run that includes two more New England shows and two shows at MSG...and is one show less show than Pearl Jam's entire 2023. This is on top of their annual summer tour. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    What 5 cities will we get next year during the first two weeks in September.

Bozeman, Boise, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix. Continuing the theme of the time zone (ish?) tours
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    JimmyV said:
    DMB and Phish make me so jealous. Constant and regular touring, year after year. DMB just added a short fall run that includes two more New England shows and two shows at MSG...and is one show less show than Pearl Jam's entire 2023. This is on top of their annual summer tour. 
    I'm with you...it's frustrating. DMB was in Indy/Noblesville two nights...Phish the same. Like every fucking year.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    JimmyV said:
    I'm with you...it's frustrating. DMB was in Indy/Noblesville two nights...Phish the same. Like every fucking year.
    And the DMB 3 night stand at the Gorge starts tomorrow. Folks in the campground there are already well baked. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,810
    Maybe if people stopped buying so much merch, the band would be forced to play more shows in order to make money from selling tickets.

The fans should do a version of Lysistrata except instead of women withholding sex until men stop fighting wars, it would be withholding money for merch until Pearl Jam starts playing more shows.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
    BF25394 said:
    Maybe if people stopped buying so much merch, the band would be forced to play more shows in order to make money from selling tickets.

The fans should do a version of Lysistrata except instead of women withholding sex until men stop fighting wars, it would be withholding money for merch until Pearl Jam starts playing more shows.
    +1

Side note: anyone lining up tomorrow willing to pick up a basketball and/or a duffel for me?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Y’all really think the amount of merch sold determines how many shows they play? I’m sorry, but that seems silly. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,810
    Y’all really think the amount of merch sold determines how many shows they play? I’m sorry, but that seems silly. 
    It does seem silly, almost as if I were making a joke...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Australian fans watching more awesome US setlists 

This discussion has been closed.