West coast tour 
    3rd leg Canada start in Haflex
    End in Seattle WA
    Not for sure 
    Just saying 

They won't play Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland in the same tour
    They could 
    They won't 

There's no need. They know fans will travel. Hell, someone from friggin Bogata was seen in Indy.

Bogota, Illinois? That's not that far... :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogota,_Illinois

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    edited September 2023
    I'd personally like to see them get back to Asia next year, even it was a few festivals or something along those lines. Knowing how they tour these days, it's probably not in the cards at all and may never happen again. 

I'm interested to know why the band chose not to go to Houston on this run, seeing as they haven't been to the area in 20 years, the same amount of time that has passed since they've been to the Asia Pacific area. Although, by this point, Texas has to be overly satisfied with what they've gotten. I'm partially biased as it would have been easier to get to Houston from New Orleans than any of the other cities the band played this year.

I continue to see these weekend-getaway-destination resort weekends in Mexico centered around music, usually put together by one main artist who "curate" the lineup, pop up over and over and over again. Everyone who's anyone thats floated around the way Pearl Jam has toured in the last 30 years has one. Luke Bryan to 311 to the (remaining members of) The Grateful Dead. I think Dave Matthews has even started doing this? They seem to get more and more popular year after year since they first popped up. Has anyone actually done this for another band? Is it worth it for the money you put into it? Would anyone like to see PJ one night and Eddie the next with maybe The Rockfords / Painted Shield / Thunderpussy etc etc spread throughout a weekend on the beaches of Mexico in an all inclusive resort vacation? Think of the setlist possibilities, and the themes that could be placed around the weekend. Tickets could be sold through Ten Club first before general public, maybe with special benefits just for being in the Ten Club: special merch, meet ups, meet and greets, contests, etc etc. Would this be PJ going to the depths of their ability to stay relevant and make peace with a disgruntled Ten Club, or would it be just a sell out and a desperation plea?

I think at this point Hawaii needs to be in the cards. Maybe even before the end of the year 2023. That Island means too much to the history of the band, mostly Eddie, but I believe Boom has added something that can't be missed since he first joined and he's a true underrated personality, even within his own band. I think i't would have to be a benefit show they'd do out of the love of their heart, all proceeds go to those effected by the fires. 

Wildcard? -> If they play Europe next year like they seem to be rumored to do, play Iceland  =)  

Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    Zen23 said:
    I wish everyone in Europe to see Pearl Jam live. However, Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam should be at the very first place on the tour list.
    dont make me remember that day, i was in vienna :( everyone was so sad when the announcement was made, people were crying.

i just remember going back to the hotel room , wife and i were so depressed, after covid have that happen was so devastaded
  • Options
    in a perfect world this happens next year : 

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 2 July
    Berlin 5,7 July
    Oslo 9 July

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    just_one said:

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 2 July
    Berlin 5,7 July
    Oslo 9 July

Is this your hope or are these real rumors?
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    just_one said:

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 2 July
    Berlin 5,7 July
    Oslo 9 July

Is this your hope or are these real rumors?
    just hopes unfortunally
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    Ah :/ 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    raindog80 said:
    better yet

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 9 July
    Berlin 14 July
    Oslo 18 July

just because i´ll be in Rome from July 11th until July 15th to see Coldplay on 12nd and 13rd

i truely believe rumours will begin to appear around early/mid  november

annoucement is usually early december
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    just_one said:
    Zen23 said:
    I wish everyone in Europe to see Pearl Jam live. However, Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam should be at the very first place on the tour list.
    dont make me remember that day, i was in vienna :( everyone was so sad when the announcement was made, people were crying.

i just remember going back to the hotel room , wife and i were so depressed, after covid have that happen was so devastaded
    That was really depressing...sitting there in this long, long line of people waiting inside the Stadthalle only to see the cancellation on TC
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    better yet

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 9 July
    Berlin 14 July
    Oslo 18 July

just because i´ll be in Rome from July 11th until July 15th to see Coldplay on 12nd and 13rd

Euro 24 final is 14th July in Berlin so would probably rule that out. 

Would be good if German show(s) fitted with days close to games might get a chance to combine both 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    DMB just announced a Europe tour for next spring.  Would be nice if PJ followed suit. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    already looking forward to next year. Cant believe this little tour is almost done. How long will we have to wait is the question.. we know they like to hold the suspense
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    already looking forward to next year. Cant believe this little tour is almost done. How long will we have to wait is the question.. we know they like to hold the suspense
    European tours are usually late November or early December announcements
  • Options
    Jazzfest in New Orleans has expanded to 8 days now. Are ya thinking what i'm thinking?
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    better yet

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 9 July
    Berlin 14 July
    Oslo 18 July

When they hopefully announce a Euro tour in the next few months, the only real certainty is that the U.K., Germany and the Netherlands will get shows. Would be nice for them to also play a few countries they haven’t been to in a while - Ireland etc
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    JojoRice said:
    DMB just announced a Europe tour for next spring.  Would be nice if PJ followed suit. 
    Imagine liking a band that actually tours?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 342
    Like where your heads at SandyRavage
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 196
    What are we thinking, album drop end of this year? few months of tour speculation, the greek accidently puts tour on up on facebook a day too early, mass panic ensues, finally a day or two later the dates get dropped, to no ones surprise there's only 5 weeks before the tour starts, people have to try to reschedule vacations with work, 10c lotto takes place, complaints roll in about PJ platinum/ticketmaster, as f2f rolls on SHZA gets every GA ticket, day of shows he's the only one in GA, eventually has a netflix doc made about him similar to the Mcdonalds McMillions one. 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    raindog80 said:
    better yet

Lisbon 16,18 june
    Madrid 21,23 june
    amsterdam 28,29 june
    Milan 9 July
    Berlin 14 July
    Oslo 18 July

When they hopefully announce a Euro tour in the next few months, the only real certainty is that the U.K., Germany and the Netherlands will get shows. Would be nice for them to also play a few countries they haven’t been to in a while - Ireland etc
    i would add italy to the " for sure " countries
  • Options
    What are we thinking, album drop end of this year? few months of tour speculation, the greek accidently puts tour on up on facebook a day too early, mass panic ensues, finally a day or two later the dates get dropped, to no ones surprise there's only 5 weeks before the tour starts, people have to try to reschedule vacations with work, 10c lotto takes place, complaints roll in about PJ platinum/ticketmaster, as f2f rolls on SHZA gets every GA ticket, day of shows he's the only one in GA, eventually has a netflix doc made about him similar to the Mcdonalds McMillions one. 
    This gave me a good chuckle. Bravo, sir!
  • Options
    bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
    The only shows I would ever be able to make again would be Omaha or Lincoln Nebraska, Des Moines Iowa or Kansas City Missouri. 

I know this little tour was already mostly a middle America tour ( I went to st paul n2) but I'm hoping 2024 is a widespread US tour that can include one of those stops above, otherwise I'll be living and dying by little clips people post on Facebook. 
  • Options
    It would be nice if they played in November and December and expanded on this extensive 8 show tour.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would be nice if they played in November and December and expanded on this extensive 8 show tour.  
    I thought it was kind of weird they didn’t throw in Kansas City, Memphis, or New Orleans this middle America mini-tour
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    You know they are unusual and have families?  Check yourself
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed,  set lists have been incredible 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I Come on, they could definitely play a run of shows in Nov and Dec.  a few bands of pj s age have announced tours just today: phish announced four nye shows at msg, dmb announced an extensive European tour, hell even Adam Sandler announced a pretty big tour.  Pretty sure they all
    have families as well. 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I Come on, they could definitely play a run of shows in Nov and Dec.  a few bands of pj s age have announced tours just today: phish announced four nye shows at msg, dmb announced an extensive European tour, hell even Adam Sandler announced a pretty big tour.  Pretty sure they all
    have families as well. 
    PJ families are different.  PJ had to recently take a show off in the middle of their 9 show run to deal with some family issues.  Again, don't make me lock this thread.  Check yourself warning #2
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    have families as well. 
    PJ families are different.  PJ had to recently take a show off in the middle of their 9 show run to deal with some family issues.  Again, don't make me lock this thread.  Check yourself warning #2
    Dude the drummer had Covid, what are you talking about?
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    have families as well. 
    what is happening 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    have families as well. 
    what are you talking about? Check myself ? Respectful opinions are allowed here.  If you know something say it, but there is no reason to check myself when I am being 100% respectful.  I still believe pj should play more shows in Nov and Dec.  a lot of their contemporaries announced tours today. 

This discussion has been closed.