The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would be nice if they played in November and December and expanded on this extensive 8 show tour.  
    You know they are unusual and have families?  Check yourself
    I Come on, they could definitely play a run of shows in Nov and Dec.  a few bands of pj s age have announced tours just today: phish announced four nye shows at msg, dmb announced an extensive European tour, hell even Adam Sandler announced a pretty big tour.  Pretty sure they all
    have families as well. 
    PJ families are different.  PJ had to recently take a show off in the middle of their 9 show run to deal with some family issues.  Again, don't make me lock this thread.  Check yourself warning #2
    what are you talking about? Check myself ? Respectful opinions are allowed here.  If you know something say it, but there is no reason to check myself when I am being 100% respectful.  I still believe pj should play more shows in Nov and Dec.  a lot of their contemporaries announced tours today. 

Careful, you may get this thread locked 😉😉😉
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would be nice if they played in November and December and expanded on this extensive 8 show tour.  
    I Come on, they could definitely play a run of shows in Nov and Dec.  a few bands of pj s age have announced tours just today: phish announced four nye shows at msg, dmb announced an extensive European tour, hell even Adam Sandler announced a pretty big tour.  Pretty sure they all
    have families as well. 
    PJ families are different.  PJ had to recently take a show off in the middle of their 9 show run to deal with some family issues.  Again, don't make me lock this thread.  Check yourself warning #2
    what are you talking about? Check myself ? Respectful opinions are allowed here.  If you know something say it, but there is no reason to check myself when I am being 100% respectful.  I still believe pj should play more shows in Nov and Dec.  a lot of their contemporaries announced tours today. 

I was just funnin with mcgruff..I'll be quiet :)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    have families as well. 

I was just funnin with mcgruff..I'll be quiet :)
    That s three beers you know owe me. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MB93672MB93672 Posts: 293
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed,  set lists have been incredible 
    I’d love a cooler weather run > ball sack heat right now. 
  • Maybe it has already been said, but I remember reading an article in which Mike said the album is almost done but has some small things to fix, and that they're probably not going to have anything out this year. 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    coughcoughNortheastcoughcough

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    CoughcoughNewYorkIsABigStateBeyondMSGcoughcough
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    My Buffalo in-laws agree! 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah I’m in Syracuse so Buffalo (last 2013) & Albany (last 2006) are usually my best hope for acts at PJ’s level… or at least they were 10 years ago. Hoping that they play at least one next year. I’d love them to play ‘Cuse but I’m not holding my breath 
  • Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 160
    What are we thinking, album drop end of this year? few months of tour speculation, the greek accidently puts tour on up on facebook a day too early, mass panic ensues, finally a day or two later the dates get dropped, to no ones surprise there's only 5 weeks before the tour starts, people have to try to reschedule vacations with work, 10c lotto takes place, complaints roll in about PJ platinum/ticketmaster, as f2f rolls on SHZA gets every GA ticket, day of shows he's the only one in GA, eventually has a netflix doc made about him similar to the Mcdonalds McMillions one. 
    Nicely done! 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Jazzfest in New Orleans has expanded to 8 days now. Are ya thinking what i'm thinking?
    Sounds good to me!  How about Uno lakefront arena?
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    JimmyV said:
    Of England? Yep bring it on!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    Hoping the East Coast finally gets some tour dates this next time around.  Been too long.  😜
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    Hoping the East Coast finally gets some tour dates this next time around.  Been too long.  😜
    Yeah there’s a lot of this sentiment for some reason. But the east coast only got 2 shows in the “big” tour last year. California got 8 and there was originally a ninth on the schedule, but doesn’t seem to get the complaints the East gets. Before that, Boston had 2 in ‘18 and that’s it for 6 years.
    There are dates right in my post, they haven’t played near me in a decade. 1 MSG show and an amphitheater in Jersey don’t change that.
    i want everybody to get shows they can go to, i don’t understand people rooting against an area getting to see them.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Not a rumor, just a theory, but based on the plans for Gigaton, I would say that new album is more likely to drop late Feb through early April.  Then a few US dates in May, break, then some euro shows in June, break, then more us dates in fall.  Prob no more than 8-12 dates per mini-leg. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Heard last night that they’re doing three 14 show legs next year.  First and last are us east coast and some in the south and the east coast again, and middle leg is Europe.  No idea how correct, but guy is buddies with Tim from the fan club (that’s the guys name, right) and he told him that
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Heard last night that they’re doing three 14 show legs next year.  First and last are us east coast and some in the south and the east coast again, and middle leg is Europe.  No idea how correct, but guy is buddies with Tim from the fan club (that’s the guys name, right) and he told him that
    Made reservations at hotels in all east coast cities on each day from January to April and then September to December just in case. So stoked. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

Made reservations at hotels in all east coast cities on each day from January to April and then September to December just in case. So stoked. 
    Hell yeah, that’s how you do it. 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Heard last night that they’re doing three 14 show legs next year.  First and last are us east coast and some in the south and the east coast again, and middle leg is Europe.  No idea how correct, but guy is buddies with Tim from the fan club (that’s the guys name, right) and he told him that
    Yes!
    No PNW?
  • Jazzfest’s 2nd weekend is the first weekend in May….if people are saying May for the tour-Iblike the chances 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    mcgruff10 said:
    Heard last night that they’re doing three 14 show legs next year.  First and last are us east coast and some in the south and the east coast again, and middle leg is Europe.  No idea how correct, but guy is buddies with Tim from the fan club (that’s the guys name, right) and he told him that
    Yes!
    I’m in, just put a depot on @mcgruff10 east wing of his palatial estate for the east coast tour. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes!
    I’m in, just put a depot on @mcgruff10 east wing of his palatial estate for the east coast tour. 
    East side of the lawn or basement is yours! I will start stocking molson xxx asap!
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,007
    edited September 2023
    Jazzfest in New Orleans has expanded to 8 days now. Are ya thinking what i'm thinking?
    Sounds good to me!  How about Uno lakefront arena?
    UNO is not the place for massive touring bands the same way it once was. The venue itself hasn't been updated since it was originally built in the 1980's. Billy Strings held a 2 night run there last year and it was as lawless as lawless could be: weed was everywhere (not a problem for me) but the lack of security would have PJ fans up in arms, and the way the venue is set up would not be a great time compared to some of the venues the band has been playing on these recent tours. 

Smoothie King Center would be the place to have the show if it was an arena show. PJ played there in 2000 when it was referred to as the "New Orleans Arena", about a year after the building opened. Since 2010, every time they come through New Orleans they play a festival though: Jazzfest in 2010 and 2016, and Voodoo in 2013 which is no longer a festival. 

JE224127 said:
    Jazzfest’s 2nd weekend is the first weekend in May….if people are saying May for the tour-Iblike the chances 
    I think this is the best bet, and basically what happened in 2016. Jazzfest's lineups usually come out in December/January so I think we have a couple of months before speculation starts to run rampant, but I'd think with it being 7 years since the band played the festival, the festival going back to 8 days for the first time in a long long time, and knowing the promoter Quint Davis likes to keep veteran bands in his back pocket, it could quite possibly be a lock....
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • TheebsTheebs Posts: 44
    edited September 2023
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah I’m in Syracuse so Buffalo (last 2013) & Albany (last 2006) are usually my best hope for acts at PJ’s level… or at least they were 10 years ago. Hoping that they play at least one next year. I’d love them to play ‘Cuse but I’m not holding my breath 
    an early fall spac show would be the best
  • Eddie pretty much confirmed 2024 is a go tonight. Let’s goooo
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes!
    East side of the lawn or basement is yours! I will start stocking molson xxx asap!
    We're going to need the honeymoon suite! And private pool access. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    Eddie pretty much confirmed 2024 is a go tonight. Let’s goooo
    looking at the history this is pretty much confirmed

Belgium - werchter festival
    Netherlands - 2 ziggo dome dates , maybe 1 plus festival
    Italy - 2 non festival dates, different cities also
    Denmark - 1 non festival date in copenhagen
    Germany - 1 non festival date in Berlin, maybe another one city non festival
    UK - can go either way , one festival or non festival in London 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    edited September 2023
    just_one said:
    Eddie pretty much confirmed 2024 is a go tonight. Let’s goooo
    looking at the history this is pretty much confirmed

Belgium - werchter festival
    Netherlands - 2 ziggo dome dates , maybe 1 plus festival
    Italy - 2 non festival dates, different cities also
    Denmark - 1 non festival date in copenhagen
    Germany - 1 non festival date in Berlin, maybe another one city non festival
    UK - can go either way , one festival or non festival in London 
    UK isn't really festivals Hyde Park and Milton Keynes were really just huge PJ shows

But the rest seems about right although I'd hope vienna and Prague get shows 
    Post edited by BlueLedbetter on
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    So did we get any 2024 teasers last night?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
This discussion has been closed.