Cancelled!

Comments

• mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I watched the video.  There is no way to take it out of context.  The context is he said that crazy shit and thinks that makes him smarter than everyone else.
    He's the white version of Kyrie Irving.
    What did Kyrie Irving do?

he was kanye before kanye went kanye. flat earther too.
    I was thinking Kanye too, good one.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I watched the video.  There is no way to take it out of context.  The context is he said that crazy shit and thinks that makes him smarter than everyone else.

wasnt kanye linking from kyrie on that doc or whatever it was?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

wasnt kanye linking from kyrie on that doc or whatever it was?
    Yes, he retweeted/posted something from Ye.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Jewish Space Lasers?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I'm not sure if this should go in the Elon Musk thread or in this one but ever since this Scott Adams fellow got "cancelled" I am seeing him all over my twitter timeline. I don't follow him but some people I follow do. It's as if he's being promoted by twitter's algorithm for some strange reason...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    I'm not sure if this should go in the Elon Musk thread or in this one but ever since this Scott Adams fellow got "cancelled" I am seeing him all over my twitter timeline. I don't follow him but some people I follow do. It's as if he's being promoted by twitter's algorithm for some strange reason...
    you know musk is amplifying him. i muted his whiney ass so hopefully will never see his tweets.

i don't ever, ever want to hear the term "whiney liberal" again.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    you know musk is amplifying him. i muted his whiney ass so hopefully will never see his tweets.

Yeah I just blocked him actually. No interest in this guy's sob story. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

good. maybe him, rittenhouse, and trump can get together and have a good cry and post about it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• I'm not sure if this should go in the Elon Musk thread or in this one but ever since this Scott Adams fellow got "cancelled" I am seeing him all over my twitter timeline. I don't follow him but some people I follow do. It's as if he's being promoted by twitter's algorithm for some strange reason...

good. maybe him, rittenhouse, and trump can get together and have a good cry and post about it.
    You forgot to add Hunter to this cry Party….He will even bring the DOPE, and I don’t mean his shit for brains Father…
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

You forgot to add Hunter to this cry Party….He will even bring the DOPE, and I don’t mean his shit for brains Father…
    How’s Jared Dear Boy’s two billion dollar Saudi “investment” firm fairing? What’s been the YTD and since inception % return?

Could it be intelligence on Israel’s nuclear weapons capabilities or maybe Iran’s defense posture? Maybe US force readiness in and around the ME? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

literally nobody gives a shit about hunter biden but you and the other magas.

run along.

if hunter did something wrong, arrest him. literally nobody cares.

and it is hilarious that your guy lost by 7 million votes and an electoral college landslide to a shit for brains.

i guess he got canceled but refuses to go away.

If there was any relevant dirt on Hunter they would have brought it out when tRump was in office. Give me a break.

And yeah...we aren't magats so if Hunter broke the law arrest the fucker. Put him in jail with Kushner.

why doesn't he go write a comic about it?

oh yeah. canceled. i forgot.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Conservatives used to call out the victim mentality. Sometimes they were unfair about it or overzealous but it was far less annoying than this constant painting themselves as the victims.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    It's weird...this guy is showing his true colors though

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    I thought he said he identified as black?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    OnWis97 said:
    Conservatives used to call out the victim mentality. Sometimes they were unfair about it or overzealous but it was far less annoying than this constant painting themselves as the victims.
    their entire policy is grievance politics. you cannot have grievances if you are not the victim, so they have taken over the identity of the victim in basically every single social issue.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    It's weird...this guy is showing his true colors though
    He keeps doubling down.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    I was sitting with a couple fellas the other day...  both old, both white. 

And they were 'politely' lamenting about how they have been criticized for saying racist things even though they themselves do not believe for a moment that they are racist. 

But they went on to politely complain about how these 'movements' were getting too out of hand and seemingly forced. 

The forced thing I thought was hilarious because it had to do with popular shows going 'woke' and showing homosexuality etc. I was like "forced? change the channel." lol 

So they went on to talk about hiring processes as an example. Companies going out of their way to be inclusive and diverse and hiring minorities.  They said "best person should get the job, no matter what." 

To me... this stuff falls under the category of white people complaining that they no longer control everything in North America. Which .......  they still do in many ways. 

So I looked at them... and I said: "I hear ya...   but .... if things seem unfair to white people nowadays... are you suggesting that you would have preferred being born black?"  They were taken aback and said "Well what do you mean?"  And I repeated.. and I also suggested that in my opinion... no matter what... 2023-2050... if 'wokeness' continues we still as a society will not be on an equal playing field. They again didn't understand what I was talking about. So I referred again to give them the option should they desire to be black instead of white if things were so unfair and awful today because of 'wokeness.'  And so I again tried to explain that if we as white people were to now begin walking the same path as black people for example... considering how unfair it is now... and eventually found ourselves in a situation where the following things were afflicting white people:  Slavery, no access to real estate, no access to education, no access to jobs, no access to democracy.  If we all had to endure that... would we still be sitting here complaining about these trivial matters like a black Disney princess etc.?  

To me...  these little conversations that take place all resemble a 'polite' white supremacy.  If you KNOW how it's been for minorities all these years in a land where life, liberty, and justice for ALL is supposed to ring true, then why on earth would anyone complain about the playing field finally being levelled?  This is why I support CRT and also why I think all these woke companies should honestly start trying a bit harder.  Instead of saying "We're proud to support Black History Month" I would suggest that it would go further if they did more to educate about black history.  Case in point... the two fellas I spoke with had NO CLUE that certain residential properties during the housing boom of the 50s could not by law be sold to black people. I looked at the older white male and said.. "That's you. Now imagine your entire life and your family starting from when you were 15 as a black person."  I said "I understand that being born a white Canadian male... I was born with a substantial head start in life. And so were you two."   <-  That is undeniable and irrefutable. Those who complain about how bad white people have it nowadays really need to STFU. 

I dunno... just my $0.02. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    You can’t legislate yourself into morality, but it’s been shown you can legislate your way toward equality.
    Parksy said:

And they were 'politely' lamenting about how they have been criticized for saying racist things even though they themselves do not believe for a moment that they are racist. 

But they went on to politely complain about how these 'movements' were getting too out of hand and seemingly forced. 

The forced thing I thought was hilarious because it had to do with popular shows going 'woke' and showing homosexuality etc. I was like "forced? change the channel." lol 

So they went on to talk about hiring processes as an example. Companies going out of their way to be inclusive and diverse and hiring minorities.  They said "best person should get the job, no matter what." 

To me... this stuff falls under the category of white people complaining that they no longer control everything in North America. Which .......  they still do in many ways. 

So I looked at them... and I said: "I hear ya...   but .... if things seem unfair to white people nowadays... are you suggesting that you would have preferred being born black?"  They were taken aback and said "Well what do you mean?"  And I repeated.. and I also suggested that in my opinion... no matter what... 2023-2050... if 'wokeness' continues we still as a society will not be on an equal playing field. They again didn't understand what I was talking about. So I referred again to give them the option should they desire to be black instead of white if things were so unfair and awful today because of 'wokeness.'  And so I again tried to explain that if we as white people were to now begin walking the same path as black people for example... considering how unfair it is now... and eventually found ourselves in a situation where the following things were afflicting white people:  Slavery, no access to real estate, no access to education, no access to jobs, no access to democracy.  If we all had to endure that... would we still be sitting here complaining about these trivial matters like a black Disney princess etc.?  

To me...  these little conversations that take place all resemble a 'polite' white supremacy.  If you KNOW how it's been for minorities all these years in a land where life, liberty, and justice for ALL is supposed to ring true, then why on earth would anyone complain about the playing field finally being levelled?  This is why I support CRT and also why I think all these woke companies should honestly start trying a bit harder.  Instead of saying "We're proud to support Black History Month" I would suggest that it would go further if they did more to educate about black history.  Case in point... the two fellas I spoke with had NO CLUE that certain residential properties during the housing boom of the 50s could not by law be sold to black people. I looked at the older white male and said.. "That's you. Now imagine your entire life and your family starting from when you were 15 as a black person."  I said "I understand that being born a white Canadian male... I was born with a substantial head start in life. And so were you two."   <-  That is undeniable and irrefutable. Those who complain about how bad white people have it nowadays really need to STFU. 

Good points.

I can understand that some of these changes are very odd to the boomers...but yeah the ones that complain about it are in the dark. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited March 2023
    Parksy said:

my dad complained the other day about commercials no longer representing him after seeing an ad with a chinese man and his black wife. "where are the white people?" he shouted. his best friend is from the dominican. yet he still thinks "white couples" are required for accurate population representation in media. 

I've tried to explain to him as politely as I can that he's been represented since the inception of advertising; give the ones who haven't been a turn to be "seen". it literally hurts zero people. 

except old white dudes' feeling of relevancy, apparently. 

I then turned to my sister (I'm 48, she's 49), and said "I wonder what our breaking point will be when we get to dad's age?". She said she was thinking the exact same thing. cuz you know it's gotta happen. it happens to every generation, no matter how progressive in your early or mid life. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Parksy said:

What about- and I'm just asking because this seems worth considering, and not meaning any of this to be criticizing you, Parksy- Woopie Goldberg who is both old and black who was cancelled and accused of making a racial slur for saying, "The people who still believe that he got, you know, gypped somehow..." 
    I read this statement to my wife and asked her what she thought was "politically incorrect" about it.  She didn't have a clue- and believe me, I cannot imagine anyone considering her to be at all a racist.  Neither one of us had ever had a clue that "gypped" is a racist word.  Now granted, it may well be a word that needs to be better understood and relegated to less common usage, but is this a reason for shaming someone who used it with zero intent toward racism?
    Somethings are just taken to extremes that could be better handled in a more caring, thoughtful manner, instead of so many people seizing every opportunity to be easily offended and lashing out.  Is it any wonder hate is the order of the day?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Parksy said:

my dad complained the other day about commercials no longer representing him after seeing an ad with a chinese man and his black wife. "where are the white people?" he shouted. his best friend is from the dominican. yet he still thinks "white couples" are required for accurate population representation in media. 

I've tried to explain to him as politely as I can that he's been represented since the inception of advertising; give the ones who haven't been a turn to be "seen". it literally hurts zero people. 

except old white dudes' feeling of relevancy, apparently. 

I then turned to my sister (I'm 48, she's 49), and said "I wonder what our breaking point will be when we get to dad's age?". She said she was thinking the exact same thing. cuz you know it's gotta happen. it happens to every generation, no matter how progressive in your early or mid life. 

I'm not sure it's really a requirement that we all have a breaking point with regard to things changing. I had my dad as a good role model for this. He was always willing to listen to people and view change as inevitable, and that some changes were good, some bad, and some neutral. There were also those changes that on the surface are negative, but really are an outcome of something that can be viewed as a positive.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Well, not a requirement, but I think it will happen to a lot of us. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    brianlux said:
    Parksy said:

What about- and I'm just asking because this seems worth considering, and not meaning any of this to be criticizing you, Parksy- Woopie Goldberg who is both old and black who was cancelled and accused of making a racial slur for saying, "The people who still believe that he got, you know, gypped somehow..." 
    I read this statement to my wife and asked her what she thought was "politically incorrect" about it.  She didn't have a clue- and believe me, I cannot imagine anyone considering her to be at all a racist.  Neither one of us had ever had a clue that "gypped" is a racist word.  Now granted, it may well be a word that needs to be better understood and relegated to less common usage, but is this a reason for shaming someone who used it with zero intent toward racism?
    Somethings are just taken to extremes that could be better handled in a more caring, thoughtful manner, instead of so many people seizing every opportunity to be easily offended and lashing out.  Is it any wonder hate is the order of the day?

There are a lot of words that are deemed offensive now that you got away with saying years ago, gypped is one of them.  Mulatto, gay, fag, retarted are off the table now too which they should be.

Listen to some of the older comedians and you cringe now.  Some of that stuff that was commonplace back then is not acceptable language today.

It is interesting and eye opening to learn about what is an offensive word.

Lizzo and Beyonce are two artists I know of whom changed their lyrics because people took offense to it.  Lizzo used the word Spaz, which I also didn't know was offensive.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/26/us/digital-blackface-social-media-explainer-blake-cec/index.html

This seems crazy to me...I can't even understand it at all.  I mean, are we seriously just continuing to look for things to get offended about?
    hippiemom = goodness