Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    mace1229 said:
    So My father was at Woodstock and witnessed this whole thing go down, used to talk about it all the time…Abbie Hoffman jumped up on stage during The WHO’s set, grabbed the mic and started blabbering his nonsence.   Pete Townshend was having nothing of it and “assisted”  that rotten brain off the stage.  Can’t wait to show him this pic….old school Cancelling was much more effective …Rock n Roll!!! 
    this picture is not real.
    Ha, believe what you are told to believe…..I can see how the pic might be altered, but none the less Unlce Pete was having nothin of it and punted that putz off the stage in true Rock n roll fashion…
    Lady, that is a picture of Pete Townshend from 55 years ago and some douchebag from the early 2000's.

You should be cancelled for believing this was remotely real. 

This is Abby Hoffman:

He looks like the guy that pulled all the wires out during Forrest Gump’s speech.
    Forrest Forrest Gump should've popped him one! Cancelled his ass the old fashioned way, boy!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Oh shit...that guy in Forrest Gump was actually Hoffman--good call maceha!

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,445
    So My father was at Woodstock and witnessed this whole thing go down, used to talk about it all the time…Abbie Hoffman jumped up on stage during The WHO’s set, grabbed the mic and started blabbering his nonsence.   Pete Townshend was having nothing of it and “assisted”  that rotten brain off the stage.  Can’t wait to show him this pic….old school Cancelling was much more effective …Rock n Roll!!! 
    Ha, believe what you are told to believe…..I can see how the pic might be altered, but none the less Unlce Pete was having nothin of it and punted that putz off the stage in true Rock n roll fashion…
    The Republican mantra.  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,213
    at woodstock pete used marshall full stacks, because jim marshall invented them for him at about that time, maybe a year earlier. he did not use hiwatts until the 70s. also the guy in the front is dressed like a proud boy from 3 years ago. sling bags were not invented until the early 2000s.
    I'm just looking at this now.  Hell no this isn't real.

Hoffman did not look like that.  He had a full head of long afro/curly hair.  This dude looks like someone from the 1980's, lol.

NOBODY dressed like that in 1969...
    That was my thought when I saw it. There was no way that was Abbie Hoffman. Plus it also was a bad photoshop job. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    The Republican mantra.  
    Consistent bad faith antagonistic bullshit. 

The Republican mantra indeed. 
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    This once again represents the extremely sad state of America right now.  Hatred, Intolerance, Entitlement, and Guns. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,052
    edited August 2023
    Oh shit...that guy in Forrest Gump was actually Hoffman--good call maceha!

Its the shirt that triggered my memory. Hair was pretty spot on.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,494
    So it seems yesterday’s reporting that the woke had cancelled Queen’s song Fat Bottomed Girls was skipping a few relevant facts. The way this article reads, one song made room for three songs.

I was truly puzzled by this story (and still am in some ways), because I’ve always heard the song as being about what we call today body positivity I believe.

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2023/08/22/debunking-the-scandal-did-they-really-remove-fat-bottomed-girls-from-queens-greatest-hits
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    I don't think we are allowed to call fat people fat, any longer. 
    What are fat people called these days?
    Plus sized?
    Husky?
    Big?
    A bit larger?
    Medical risks?
    Gravitationally challened?

I don't actually know, asking for help here 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Plus sized?
    Husky?
    Big?
    A bit larger?
    Medical risks?

I don't know. But according to maga, I would guess they can all now be cancelled by getting their fat asses beat? Is that how it works? Or no? I'm confused
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    Plus sized?
    Husky?
    Big?
    A bit larger?
    Medical risks?

Still fat just can't fat shame them.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    So it seems yesterday’s reporting that the woke had cancelled Queen’s song Fat Bottomed Girls was skipping a few relevant facts. The way this article reads, one song made room for three songs.

I was truly puzzled by this story (and still am in some ways), because I’ve always heard the song as being about what we call today body positivity I believe.

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2023/08/22/debunking-the-scandal-did-they-really-remove-fat-bottomed-girls-from-queens-greatest-hits
    Listening to Hot 97 in the morning and they have a show called "whitish Wednesdays".  They play white people hit songs because it is a different genre than what they play, it's hip hop station, anywho.

Ebro, star of Ebro in the morning w  Laura Stylez and Rosenburg plays a Lou Reed record.  Walk on the Wild Side.

The chorus comes up "the colored girls singin, do do doo, do doo, do do do do doo" . 

Shani, a co-host, says "what did he say?"

Ebro "you heard him." In a defiant way.

Shani repeats "What did he say?!?" Never hearing the song but was surprised at what was just said.

Ebro repeats "You heard the man".  Ebro understood that this was the language back then and not meant to be offensive and dug the song which is why he played it.  

Shani never said anything else about it so I guess he got it?

I would have liked to hear a conversation about the song and what Shani felt hearing it and his co-hosts lack of umbrage towards the lyrics.

It's an interesting take on a different cultures music.  Kind of like those reaction videos only this is real, lol.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,971

Let me tell you something about Abbie Hoffman, Linda.  If it were not for people like Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Bill Zimmerman, and many, many others, I could easily have been drafted into a war that historically is known to have been unjustified and shameful- the war in Vietnam.  That war was ended in large part because of the efforts of these activists and it ended literally days before I was set to be drafted into the arms services (I was not drafted and chose later to serve my country in my own ways including working as a teacher and later doing volunteer work in our community).  Admittedly, as activist Zimmerman put it, "Abbie was a whirling dervish, spewing a constant stream of ideas, some brilliant, some ridiculous..."  Yes, Hoffman was a colorful character and an occasionally somewhat misguided character, but although not all of his ideas were exactly sound, his influence did help lead to the end of that tragic war and led to America becoming a better place.

I hope this helps you to have a more clear understanding of this part of history and if not, to perhaps become a bit more respectful in your posts, or at the very least to become a little more restrained in your unfounded and impetuous criticisms.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    i believe what i know. i know the history of marshall amps and the big time players that used them early on. it is easy to look up if people are interested. also, pete is swinging at the microphone stand here. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    i refer to myself as chonky, or husky. call me fat, i do not care.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164

so reporting about something that never happened? #maga
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,971
    i refer to myself as chonky, or husky. call me fat, i do not care.

I do the same sometimes, especially "fat", only when I do I'm referring to my head.  😆
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Let me tell you something about Abbie Hoffman, Linda.  If it were not for people like Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Bill Zimmerman, and many, many others, I could easily have been drafted into a war that historically is known to have been unjustified and shameful- the war in Vietnam.  That war was ended in large part because of the efforts of these activists and it ended literally days before I was set to be drafted into the arms services (I was not drafted and chose later to serve my country in my own ways including working as a teacher and later doing volunteer work in our community).  Admittedly, as activist Zimmerman put it, "Abbie was a whirling dervish, spewing a constant stream of ideas, some brilliant, some ridiculous..."  Yes, Hoffman was a colorful character and an occasionally somewhat misguided character, but although not all of his ideas were exactly sound, his influence did help lead to the end of that tragic war and led to America becoming a better place.

I hope this helps you to have a more clear understanding of this part of history and if not, to perhaps become a bit more respectful in your posts, or at the very least to become a little more restrained in your unfounded and impetuous criticisms.
    I always pay attention to your Posts Brain since you are reasonably and Kind….But on your reponce to my post I will refer to my father who was actually in Vietnam and injured.   I obviously was brought up differently then most on here. That school of hard knocks upbringing has served me and our family very very well.. Mahalo 
  • Options

I honestly don’t know how the story initially surfaced, personally I wouldn’t put it past the streaming service getting it out there somehow so as to gain publicity. #notnecessarilymaga (lol)

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379

I honestly don’t know how the story initially surfaced, personally I wouldn’t put it past the streaming service getting it out there somehow so as to gain publicity. #notnecessarilymaga (lol)

one removed , 3 added. deoending on country, the "original" greatest hits record had different tracklists. bicycle race is included and contains lyric similiar to a line found in fat bottom girls.

ANY time "woke" gwts thrown around, I'm suggesting a view with skepticism on the topic being "woke"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I always pay attention to your Posts Brain since you are reasonably and Kind….But on your reponce to my post I will refer to my father who was actually in Vietnam and injured.   I obviously was brought up differently then most on here. That school of hard knocks upbringing has served me and our family very very well.. Mahalo 
    Let us know your father's reaction to this fake picture when you can. Thanks 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I’m going to post here that I think I’m being cancelled because my posts were removed from gun violence thread which is closed for review.   Let’s see, I’ve been called a pc of shit, some kind of brain remark, been accused that all of us jerk each other off, and skippy (which is derogatory) but my post and even Jose’s, which said nothing bad, is removed and theirs remain.  

Can I be cancelled for complaining? 
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I’m going to post here that I think I’m being cancelled because my posts were removed from gun violence thread which is closed for review.   Let’s see, I’ve been called a pc of shit, some kind of brain remark, been accused that all of us jerk each other off, and skippy (which is derogatory) but my post and even Jose’s, which said nothing bad, is removed and theirs remain.  

You can be cancelled for making personal comments. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

one removed , 3 added. deoending on country, the "original" greatest hits record had different tracklists. bicycle race is included and contains lyric similiar to a line found in fat bottom girls.

ANY time "woke" gwts thrown around, I'm suggesting a view with skepticism on the topic being "woke"
    Completely agree with your last paragraph. It’s sad because I might once have lumped myself in with the “woke” but with the way it’s come to be used I just can’t. I’ll just quietly continue living my life based in part on the more historical use of the word.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

No, really?  Well I take it very personal that you called me a pc of shit.  Someone flagged it.  Some can give it but just can’t take it.  
    I should’ve  flagged you both.  
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

No, really?  Well I take it very personal that you called me a pc of shit.  Someone flagged it.  Some can give it but just can’t take it.  
    I didn't make a personal comment directly calling you a piece of shit. I made a comment with a blanket statement over a whole group of people just as this message board is full of the same thing calling Republicans every name in the book. 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,489
    There is a lot of hatred on both sides. That is my biggest complaint of trump, he brought hate to the mainstream. but everybody is running with it.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I didn't make a personal comment directly calling you a piece of shit. I made a comment with a blanket statement over a whole group of people just as this message board is full of the same thing calling Republicans every name in the book. 
    I took it personally.  You can’t tell me how I took the statement.  If I voted for Biden I was a piece of shit, that’s exactly what you said.  Now I am going to flag it because you’re so afraid I will.  Dish it out but can’t take it.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,001
    I love the smell of the Mahalo spirit first thing in the morning.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I took it personally.  You can’t tell me how I took the statement.  If I voted for Biden I was a piece of shit, that’s exactly what you said.  Now I am going to flag it because you’re so afraid I will.  Dish it out but can’t take it.  
    I'm not afraid you'll flag it. Please do and while you're at it, go through and flag every derogatory negative statement made about those that voted for Trump and Republicans in general. This message board is dedicated to hating the right.