Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    brianlux said:
    These 7/11 workers sure cancelled this “customer”…. Every once in awhile civil society prevails.  Can’t wait to see what Ben Crump and the rest of the rotten brains have to say about this INJUSTICE…

https://www.newsweek.com/video-7-eleven-workers-beating-thief-stick-california-1817117

Hi linda...what does this have to do with cancelling anyone? 

Also, are you in full agreement now that Katie Ledecky is a female? Or are you still not quite sure?

Thanks.
    If you can’t put together what cancelling means in that situation then I can’t help you, or anyone else for that matter.
    Also, I apologized for spreading a falsehood in a earlier post.  Nice try thou, go juggle someone else’s balls 

I defend you because you got piled on and then you do this?  Well, eff it all.  Sheesh...
    Don't feed the trolls Brian even if it is something nice
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    You can take the redneck out of the Bud Light, but you can't keep the Bud Light out of the redneck.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Maybe he just thought the bartender was cute and tried to impress him by ordering a bud light.
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mickeyrat said:
    To be fair, the premium beer was probably $22 and Bud Light only $16. He probably needs that extra $6.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    mickeyrat said:
    I am making a point to go to drag shows and see Rupaul this year and see Remember Jones live again.

I saw a great show at Finocchio's Club in San Francisco back in the mid 80s before they closed for good ("because of a significant increase in the monthly rent and dwindling audience attendance.")  It was an odd scene because a good portion of the audience were middle aged or older people who just had that tourist look about them (the give away being many were not really dressed for San Francisco weather, and the club was known for attracting tourists).  There was a lot of guffawing and other such lame nonsense. 
    But the female impersonators ("drag queen" was not the term used so much then) were great.  At one point, the announcer told us the next performer was a young man from the Philippians and promised us we would be amazed by his beauty.  That was so true.  This young man looked like an absolutely gorgeous, beautiful young lady- stunning, really.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    So My father was at Woodstock and witnessed this whole thing go down, used to talk about it all the time…Abbie Hoffman jumped up on stage during The WHO’s set, grabbed the mic and started blabbering his nonsence.   Pete Townshend was having nothing of it and “assisted”  that rotten brain off the stage.  Can’t wait to show him this pic….old school Cancelling was much more effective …Rock n Roll!!! 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    So My father was at Woodstock and witnessed this whole thing go down, used to talk about it all the time…Abbie Hoffman jumped up on stage during The WHO’s set, grabbed the mic and started blabbering his nonsence.   Pete Townshend was having nothing of it and “assisted”  that rotten brain off the stage.  Can’t wait to show him this pic….old school Cancelling was much more effective …Rock n Roll!!! 

I won't defend Abbey Hoffman's actions at Woodstock although I do respect what he accomplished as an activist.  Townshend felt the same way:
    " Townshend later said that while he actually agreed with Hoffman on Sinclair's imprisonment, he would have knocked him offstage regardless of the content of his message, given that Hoffman had violated the "sanctity of the stage," i.e., the right of the band to perform uninterrupted by distractions not relevant to the show."

I respect that Pete had a good reason to be angry with Hoffman, but look at that photo.  If Pete had hit Hoffman in the head with his guitar with the force he was capable of, he might have killed him, and that would have changed a part of the history of music.

Besides all that, I'm really not impressed with the whole notion of "cancelling".  It kind of reminds me of how people are often so weak in their own ability to promote their convictions to the point of feeling the need to resort to "cancelling" others instead of informing and supporting their own objectives.  And I am definitely not impressed by or supportive of the use of violence in advocating for ones own beliefs. 
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Poor, aggrieved, right wing lunatics.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    Nevermind.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I'm not sure what I'm more tired of- the foolishness of the far right, the complacency of so many, or the bickering, fighting, and hatred in the world.  The whole mess, I suppose.  Sometimes I just wish I didn't care about any of it anymore.  :frowning:

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,441
    brianlux said:
    I'm not sure what I'm more tired of- the foolishness of the far right, the complacency of so many, or the bickering, fighting, and hatred in the world.  The whole mess, I suppose.  Sometimes I just wish I didn't care about any of it anymore.  :frowning:
    That’s a switch that can’t be turned off.  Those of us that worry about strangers expect all to feel the same way.  I’m disappointed everyday with humanity but I can’t answer for anyones actions but my own.  Try to counter a bad with a good (anything good) and hopefully by the end of each day there’s more good than bad. 
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    this picture is not real.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    at woodstock pete used marshall full stacks, because jim marshall invented them for him at about that time, maybe a year earlier. he did not use hiwatts until the 70s. also the guy in the front is dressed like a proud boy from 3 years ago. sling bags were not invented until the early 2000s.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    brianlux said:
    That’s a switch that can’t be turned off.  Those of us that worry about strangers expect all to feel the same way.  I’m disappointed everyday with humanity but I can’t answer for anyones actions but my own.  Try to counter a bad with a good (anything good) and hopefully by the end of each day there’s more good than bad. 
    That's a commendable outlook, C.  Kudos!
    at woodstock pete used marshall full stacks, because jim marshall invented them for him at about that time, maybe a year earlier. he did not use hiwatts until the 70s. also the guy in the front is dressed like a proud boy from 3 years ago. sling bags were not invented until the early 2000s.
    A sharp eye there, bud!
    I guess we'd better cancel that photo, lol!

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,441
    Honestly one of the funniest posts I’ve ever read!  Maybe all trumps twits think this is a tv show and everything they say, post, do is just their screwed up scrips.  I needed that laugh! 
  • Options
    Honestly one of the funniest posts I’ve ever read!  Maybe all trumps twits think this is a tv show and everything they say, post, do is just their screwed up scrips.  I needed that laugh! 
    the right cannot meme. their attempts are laughable. it is like when the right posts that meme that says "i would rather have mean tweets and $2 gasoline", as if trump's tweets dictated the price of gas. the right can't meme, because meming requires a degree of honesty and the person making the meme has to be based in reality. 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    I'm just looking at this now.  Hell no this isn't real.

Hoffman did not look like that.  He had a full head of long afro/curly hair.  This dude looks like someone from the 1980's, lol.

NOBODY dressed like that in 1969...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    edited August 2023
    So wait....one of our maga friends fell for another, obviously fake picture/meme...that didn't really have anything to do with this thread anyway? 

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you. 

"Rotten brain." 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,653
    edited August 2023
    So wait....one of our maga friends fell for another, obviously fake picture/meme...that didn't really have anything to do with this thread anyway? 

"Rotten brain." 
    *Hate filled rotten brain"
  • Options

"Rotten brain." 
    Projection is a clear part of the maga playbook. That much is clear. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,653

"Rotten brain." 
    Projection is a clear part of the maga playbook. That much is clear. 
    It's beyond parody.  
  • Options
    If a picture as clearly fake like that can fool someone so easily, imagine how next year will be with all this AI shit flying around.

Scary to imagine how many people are going to be duped.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    If a picture as clearly fake like that can fool someone so easily, imagine how next year will be with all this AI shit flying around.

Scary to imagine how many people are going to be duped.
    There are people doing some pretty fantastic things right now w CGI that I look at and say, "damn that's good!"
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Ha, believe what you are told to believe…..I can see how the pic might be altered, but none the less Unlce Pete was having nothin of it and punted that putz off the stage in true Rock n roll fashion…
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ha, believe what you are told to believe…..I can see how the pic might be altered, but none the less Unlce Pete was having nothin of it and punted that putz off the stage in true Rock n roll fashion…
    Lady, that is a picture of Pete Townshend from 55 years ago and some douchebag from the early 2000's.

You should be cancelled for believing this was remotely real. 

This is Abby Hoffman:

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Lady, that is a picture of Pete Townshend from 55 years ago and some douchebag from the early 2000's.

You should be cancelled for believing this was remotely real. 

This is Abby Hoffman:

He looks like the guy that pulled all the wires out during Forrest Gump’s speech.