Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    Take care of yourself, GG! It seems like many folks I know get sick when flying to / from their destination. 
    Thanks. Yeah traveling can be hard on the system. Plus I was running around there a lot. Didn’t get as much sleep as I probably should have. I hope you are doing ok as well. How are you feeling?
    I’m okay, thanks. In the waiting room right now for the PET scan. I’m actually not nervous, despite this being a potentially life-changing one! One step at a time… :)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    Take care of yourself, GG! It seems like many folks I know get sick when flying to / from their destination. 
    Thanks. Yeah traveling can be hard on the system. Plus I was running around there a lot. Didn’t get as much sleep as I probably should have. I hope you are doing ok as well. How are you feeling?
    I’m okay, thanks. In the waiting room right now for the PET scan. I’m actually not nervous, despite this being a potentially life-changing one! One step at a time… :)
    Sending very positives thoughts your way. Good luck. Keep us posted.

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Thank you. I am currently radioactive while I wait for the actual scan 🙃
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

https://youtu.be/niYtMuhvDU8
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Our Swedish friend would have replied thus:

https://youtu.be/4qdYk7JaGF0
    This weekend we rock Portland
    😂
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

and I of course would have countered The Firms song is the better of the two.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

and I of course would have countered The Firms song is the better of the two.
    By an asshair.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    GlowGirl said:
    Thats not cool.  I hope you recover  fast. Some people  here with the  b.a 5 variants have not tested pos for a couple  days of symptoms  odd. 
    Thanks. It’s hard to trust these tests. If I don’t feel better in a few days I will get the PCR test. It really does just feel like a cold. So whatever it is at least the symptoms are not severe. 
    They taught us to eat yogurt when abroad.  I know it's too late for that now, but for next time.

Feel better GG and Hedo!
    GlowGirl said:
    Thats not cool.  I hope you recover  fast. Some people  here with the  b.a 5 variants have not tested pos for a couple  days of symptoms  odd. 
    Thanks. It’s hard to trust these tests. If I don’t feel better in a few days I will get the PCR test. It really does just feel like a cold. So whatever it is at least the symptoms are not severe. 
    They taught us to eat yogurt when abroad.  I know it's too late for that now, but for next time.

Feel better GG and Hedo!
    Thanks, tempo. I’m okay, relatively speaking. It’s GG who is/was really under the weather!
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:

Feel better GG and Hedo!
    Thanks, tempo. I’m okay, relatively speaking. It’s GG who is/was really under the weather!
    She has the travel bug.  She will be fine, she is in good spirits at least!
    So... Who's getting the monkey pox vax?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    I reckon  ive had the  small pox one so should  be covered
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I keep getting boosters as well as getting Covid,what gives? I'm strongly feeling big pharma is making a killing by giving us all placebos!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,930
    joseph33 said:
    I keep getting boosters as well as getting Covid,what gives? I'm strongly feeling big pharma is making a killing by giving us all placebos!
    Vaccines reduce the risk of contracting, and reduce the severity of the illness. Note that nothing will reduce the risk to zero. 

If you're a gambler, stop taking it, and stop concerning yourself with the people who dislike gambling when their lives are at stake.

Would you feel shortchanged if you got a flu shot and the flu as well?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    joseph33 said:
    And I am assuming you also think the guy who lost the election actually won. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    https://youtu.be/tCIJYVqBIBo
    Pharma doing what they do.
    I believe in vaccines but man this  all needs sorting out.
    If you bought  a beer for £2 then next week it was £50 .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    https://youtu.be/tCIJYVqBIBo
    Pharma doing what they do.
    I believe in vaccines but man this  all needs sorting out.
    If you bought  a beer for £2 then next week it was £50 .
    Watch the non COVID excess deaths video? And adverse events one?  Good ones to watch 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    I just watched the  german data one. Brilliant 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    joseph33 said:
    Wrong crowd, no sense of humor in here :smile:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
    So crazy - A few days before I left Prague I started feeling like I was getting a cold - sore throat, cough, etc. As soon as I got home I took two rapid covid tests - one day apart and they were both negative. Today I still have some lingering fatigue and a sore throat so I decided to go and get another test. The doctor said my throat looked inflamed so she also gave me a strep test. Both the strep test and the rapid Covid test were negative. I got an email with my negative results. A few hours later the doctor called me and said that even though she would consider my test negative their machine was reading it as positive (whatever that means), and she suggested getting a PCR test. They then emailed me new results saying my rapid test was positive. After I got that I went to a different place to get a PCR test (I will get the results tomorrow), and while I was there they also did a rapid test - which came out negative. So, at this point I have had 3 negative rapid tests, and one positive one. No wonder everything is such a mess with this. I guess I will wait for my PCR test. I don't know which tests to trust anymore.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Talk about confusing.

This weekend we rock Portland
    PCR has been the gold standard in this. rapid test have shown some percentage of failure rate. either false positive or false negative. to what degree of false negative who can say. I think most folks would get the negative test and be on their merry way...

then you have detective @glowgirl, getting to the bottom of this......

PCR test was negative. So I am going to take the win. 
    GlowGirl said:

and you should go buy some records....

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

and you should go buy some records....
    Good idea!
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    benjs said:
    joseph33 said:
    Vaccines reduce the risk of contracting, and reduce the severity of the illness. Note that nothing will reduce the risk to zero. 

If you're a gambler, stop taking it, and stop concerning yourself with the people who dislike gambling when their lives are at stake.

Flu vaccines are somewhere around 60 percent effective depending on the strain/year and are wildly successful in saving lives.  

Vaccines are more a numbers game within a population not necessarily an individual thing.  People fail to get that .  As in the more people who are vaccinated the better protected you are vs being the only vaccinated person in town 

if you still get sick look to your neighbours not the vaccine 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    GlowGirl said:
    Whew! Good news. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    benjs said:
    joseph33 said:

Flu vaccines are somewhere around 60 percent effective depending on the strain/year and are wildly successful in saving lives.  

Vaccines are more a numbers game within a population not necessarily an individual thing.  People fail to get that .  As in the more people who are vaccinated the better protected you are vs being the only vaccinated person in town 

if you still get sick look to your neighbours not the vaccine 
    Polio vaccine is 99% effective, yet in some upstate NY counties populated by morons, only 60% of the people are vaxed.  And now there's a breakout including a paralyzed 20 year old.  Hope your conspiracy theory was worth it.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/05/new-york-polio-case-tip-of-iceberg-hundreds-of-others-could-be-infected.html