Cancellation Notice For Vienna, Austria

Comments

• bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    Get better, EV. Sending ❤️
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    I think them waiting for the very last minute to cancel is a good sign for Prague. There seemed to be hope left til the very end.
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
    Flying to Amsterdam on Sunday. Please give us some notice if these shows don't go ahead! Would hate to waste hundreds of Pounds if it's not happening 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • critteraucritterau Posts: 199
    What a bitch ass move. One hour before the show. So many songs they could’ve played without him. So much warning they could have given. Just horrible all around.
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
    GlowGirl said:
    just_one said:
    We need some update from prague ASAP , there are people travelling from all over 
    They probably won't know until they see how his voice is on Friday.

Oh don’t worry, they’ll let you know after the opening band comes on that the lead singer 3 days ago suffered a voice problem and the soundcheck was fine and crew and band were there but they couldn’t address the crowd or at least play a few songs. I’m sure back to back Amsterdam shows we’ll be great for his “voice”.
    Bham 9/3/98
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    critterau said:
    GlowGirl said:
    just_one said:
    We need some update from prague ASAP , there are people travelling from all over 

Oh don’t worry, they’ll let you know after the opening band comes on that the lead singer 3 days ago suffered a voice problem and the soundcheck was fine and crew and band were there but they couldn’t address the crowd or at least play a few songs. I’m sure back to back Amsterdam shows we’ll be great for his “voice”.
    Chill out man, we’re all upset.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    critterau said:
    GlowGirl said:
    just_one said:

get over yourself
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    If I’d just spent a couple hours in a queue, spending my hard earned on a poster, t-shirt etc. I’d be devastated. 
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    critterau said:
    What a bitch ass move. One hour before the show. So many songs they could’ve played without him. So much warning they could have given. Just horrible all around.
    I’m sorry, but I do not want to see a Pearl Jam show with songs played without Ed. The cancellation sucks but a half-assed show of Mankind and stuff from the other guys’ solo projects wouldn’t be as good or really even that interesting. (It’s ok to be a Pearl Jam fan and not like their solo stuff)
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited July 2022
    at least people that traveled have a night in vienna and not sacramento.  ;)
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    About to leave for the airport in a couple of hours for hopefully show number 6 of 8 planned, really sucks for those in Vienna tonight, still going to take our flight and if the Prague show is pulled then I guess we have an extra day exploring the city before the flight to Amsterdam..good luck everyone and get well soon Ed.
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    KM73780 said:
    critterau said:
    I’m sorry, but I do not want to see a Pearl Jam show with songs played without Ed. The cancellation sucks but a half-assed show of Mankind and stuff from the other guys’ solo projects wouldn’t be as good or really even that interesting. (It’s ok to be a Pearl Jam fan and not like their solo stuff)
    Yeah, reality is the singer being the least replaceable for one show in most cases. I don't know how they get a decent set together on short notice and I certainly wouldn't pay to see someone from a tribute band. Refund/reschedule are the only real options.

Feel really bad for the band and fans this year. So many tour bumps.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    ComeToTX said:
    at least people that traveled have a night in vienna and not sacramento.  ;)
    Haha that is a positive. Although (besides the heat) I was pretty impressed by Sacramento. Cool place. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • RD81760RD81760 Posts: 122
    Wonder if this is why the shows are shorter, I wonder if his vocals have taken a hit. Makes sense why theyd shorten the sets by so much
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743
    RD81760 said:
    Wonder if this is why the shows are shorter, I wonder if his vocals have taken a hit. Makes sense why theyd shorten the sets by so much
    Seems some people get kinda mad when others speculate on these boards so I’ll tread carefully and say that this was my first thought when I started seeing the truncated setlists.   I came out of London 1 2018 telling my friends that there’s no way they’d be back for night 2.   I think that cancellation was a watershed moment for the band.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Some ridiculous viewpoints and assumptions 

sucks for everyone, including the band. Get well EV
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited July 2022
    We ate dinner in Paris Friday night before leaving for home Saturday at a restaurant that had TVs going and the news was full of reports of fires. I don't know how close they were to the Lolla grounds, but the images showed a lot of thick smoke. Hopefully he bounces back quickly.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    Those saying play without Ed are crazy, you might think that as a hardcore fan wanting a one off show but 90% of people want a normal pearl jam show with the hits, imagine you're a casual fan and you get some weird half ass show and cant even get a refund.  By postponing at least people get a refund if they cant make the new date.
    Those saying play without Ed are crazy, you might think that as a hardcore fan wanting a one off show but 90% of people want a normal pearl jam show with the hits, imagine you're a casual fan and you get some weird half ass show and cant even get a refund.  By postponing at least people get a refund if they cant make the new date.

KM73780 said:
    critterau said:
    I’m sorry, but I do not want to see a Pearl Jam show with songs played without Ed. The cancellation sucks but a half-assed show of Mankind and stuff from the other guys’ solo 

I saw Metallica play with out james and it was awesome. They then came back and played a free show with james. But again, they cared about the fans that travelled for that show.

Bham 9/3/98
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
  • ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    This is a great disappointment. I'm heartbroken, all the more so because there seems to have been no effort at all to find an alternate date. 
    According to local media, Eddie was still waving from the hotel at six, so it must have been clear by then that there was no show today. It's nice that people still had to wait and shop for hours in the sweltering heat at the merch for a show that they had probably long since guessed would probably not be able to take place. 
    Probably my disappointment and sadness comes out here more than anything else, but at that second I'm really a little irritated at the timing of the communication as well. 
    Anyway, all the best Eddie.
    Probably Prague will burst as well.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I understand frustration but not anger. Sorry for everyone who is impacted. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    And we aren’t crazy. We were in the venue when the cancelled. BS. They couldn’t have done this well before that or come out and talked to the fans or put on a “free” show. You can do both. All the equipment was here which now has to come back for the make you show. The band has literally nothing to do right now and could be playing.
    Bham 9/3/98
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    critterau said:
    And we aren’t crazy. We were in the venue when the cancelled. BS. They couldn’t have done this well before that or come out and talked to the fans or put on a “free” show. You can do both. All the equipment was here which now has to come back for the make you show. The band has literally nothing to do right now and could be playing.
    The boring answer here is likely to do with the insurance claim being void if the band plays the show without Eddie. Then there’d be no refunds for ticket holders and even more uproar. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    tino_11 said:
    critterau said:
    The boring answer here is likely to do with the insurance claim being void if the band plays the show without Eddie. Then there’d be no refunds for ticket holders and even more uproar. 
    Exactly!  
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    Zootrum said:
    This is a great disappointment. I'm heartbroken, all the more so because there seems to have been no effort at all to find an alternate date. 
    According to local media, Eddie was still waving from the hotel at six, so it must have been clear by then that there was no show today. It's nice that people still had to wait and shop for hours in the sweltering heat at the merch for a show that they had probably long since guessed would probably not be able to take place. 
    Probably my disappointment and sadness comes out here more than anything else, but at that second I'm really a little irritated at the timing of the communication as well. 
    I guess they were still hoping to play at 6. No way they let people queue in the unknown for an hour. He probably had a last check up from doctors who pulled the plug.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    critterau said:
    I think this guy is just trolling 
    critterau said:
    They could have cancelled before EV decided he needed to cancel? My guess is that Ed wanted to perform and likely figured he could make it work but then decided that it was best to pull the plug.

It sucks but that was the right move.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    JackD. said:
    Zootrum said:
    I guess they were still hoping to play at 6. No way they let people queue in the unknown for an hour. He probably had a last check up from doctors who pulled the plug.
    Probably, but in my disappointment say, cynically you could say, the cancellation came when the Outside Merch was sold out.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Zootrum said:
    JackD. said:
    Zootrum said:
    Probably, but in my disappointment say, cynically you could say, the cancellation came when the Outside Merch was sold out.
    They cut outside merch off pretty quickly in Sacramento. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Zootrum said:
    JackD. said:
    Zootrum said:
    They moved the inside merch to the outside booth after cancelling. To sell it.