Options

Cancellation Notice For Vienna, Austria

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Honestly with COVID starting to spike again we might see a lot more cancellations if not a full tour cancellation
    Stop with this.  Full tours are not going to get canceled because of Covid.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    The 3 day run in September will likely affect him the most after it’s conclusion.  OKC and DEN are the fall shows most at risk, and it’s not close.
    I think he can handle 3 nights in a row one time in a tour at these abbreviated lengths.  I think the smoke and heat in Paris are what really did the damage here.  I thought the outdoor shows would help them get through this tour--turns out it was an outdoor event that caused this.  They can't catch a break.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    Honestly with COVID starting to spike again we might see a lot more cancellations if not a full tour cancellation
    dude, put down the panic pipe. This is like yelling fire in a movie theater at this point. Very dangerous comment and uneducated. Read up on covid and get some facts. Its here to stay but not anything like where it was even 6 months ago. Life is actually going forward even with covid and all the other viruses we are subject too.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    DEGBTI said:
    dude, put down the panic pipe. This is like yelling fire in a movie theater at this point. Very dangerous comment and uneducated. Read up on covid and get some facts. Its here to stay but not anything like where it was even 6 months ago. Life is actually going forward even with covid and all the other viruses we are subject too.
    uh...they already cancelled a few shows due to covid. If infection rates continue to climb it will happen. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Get well soon Ed Vedder. We love you and need you!

Those affected by cancellation I feel your pain. Happened to me with Pearl Jam and a few others. Possibly the best tasting morsel ever on the way in and just like that it simple vanishes. Big suck. You will survive.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    Worst tour ever. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    dr_rock said:
    Eddie! If you need a voice expert in Vienna:

Get well soon!
    Best post ever 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Get well soon Eddie! Vienna is beautiful so we will do the best with our time. Hope to see you on Sunday in Amsterdam 
  • Options
    Well it's definitely a major gut check moment as a "since the beginning" follower of this band; 2+years in the making, planning an entire Austria trip around this event, landing amazing tickets only to be turned around by a random fan at 1645 local time.

No words can describe how it feels, especially given my previous show experiences, but not the time and place for those experiences. 

That said, I absolutely stand by how this went down, sucks, yeah, but I mean if you follow this band you know EV especially gives heart and soul for the fans/followers/listeners. They all do. 

I had a bad vibe with the press coming out of the Paris sbow, and had this sneaking suspicion something wasn't right. 

So I hope EV gets better, and Stone (happy birthday), McCready, Cameron, Ament and company find a solid footing to resume either performances and/or especially continuing this creative journey. Not many bands like them, so shit happens, we don't own anything, chance can be both a plus or a minus in human terms. 

I'll get my money back, have had a phenomenal two week trip in Austria, and will have another opportunity. 

Still stings like a mad hornet though, travel, money, planning, expectations etc Its that old saying (I'm getting it wrong): Stress/Pain amplifies when one's expectations are vastly different than ones actually reality.

Tschuss. 
  • Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    RK50065 said:
    Zootrum said:
    JackD. said:
    Zootrum said:
    This is a great disappointment. I'm heartbroken, all the more so because there seems to have been no effort at all to find an alternate date. 
    According to local media, Eddie was still waving from the hotel at six, so it must have been clear by then that there was no show today. It's nice that people still had to wait and shop for hours in the sweltering heat at the merch for a show that they had probably long since guessed would probably not be able to take place. 
    Probably my disappointment and sadness comes out here more than anything else, but at that second I'm really a little irritated at the timing of the communication as well. 
    Anyway, all the best Eddie.
    Probably Prague will burst as well.
    I guess they were still hoping to play at 6. No way they let people queue in the unknown for an hour. He probably had a last check up from doctors who pulled the plug.
    Probably, but in my disappointment say, cynically you could say, the cancellation came when the Outside Merch was sold out.
    They moved the inside merch to the outside booth after cancelling. To sell it.
    wait...this is true?!
    100% true....after making us wait in the inside of the venue but not the floor...for an hour...with no water...the security guy was pretty much like shows cancelled but you can still get merch outside LOL
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Well it's definitely a major gut check moment as a "since the beginning" follower of this band; 2+years in the making, planning an entire Austria trip around this event, landing amazing tickets only to be turned around by a random fan at 1645 local time.

No words can describe how it feels, especially given my previous show experiences, but not the time and place for those experiences. 

That said, I absolutely stand by how this went down, sucks, yeah, but I mean if you follow this band you know EV especially gives heart and soul for the fans/followers/listeners. They all do. 

I had a bad vibe with the press coming out of the Paris sbow, and had this sneaking suspicion something wasn't right

So I hope EV gets better, and Stone (happy birthday), McCready, Cameron, Ament and company find a solid footing to resume either performances and/or especially continuing this creative journey. Not many bands like them, so shit happens, we don't own anything, chance can be both a plus or a minus in human terms. 

I'll get my money back, have had a phenomenal two week trip in Austria, and will have another opportunity. 

Still stings like a mad hornet though, travel, money, planning, expectations etc Its that old saying (I'm getting it wrong): Stress/Pain amplifies when one's expectations are vastly different than ones actually reality.

Tschuss. 
    What was the press coming out of the Paris show?

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    Over all the years of following the band and going to shows I have been on this end, most recently Sacramento and Vegas (London 2018 and SF 1995, and a EV show in Vegas).

I have come to cherish the shows when they happen and not even contemplate length of shows, number of songs, what they played, etc. I am just happy when the show happens and I am reminded why I feel the way I feel about their music.

I get it people travelled and lost time and money. It sounds like the band tried to make it happen. 

It’s disappointing no doubt, but big picture I hope EV is okay and they continue on.

• Options
    mariepearlmariepearl Toronto Posts: 12
    Thousands of fans are traveling to Prague tomorrow then Amsterdam. Please make any further cancellation announcements early to allow us to plan accordingly. Thank you
    get well soon xm
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,961
    Thousands of fans are traveling to Prague tomorrow then Amsterdam. Please make any further cancellation announcements early to allow us to plan accordingly. Thank you
    get well soon xm
    This !!!! 

Please please please!
  • Options
    OceansOceans Posts: 86
    just_one said:
    get well soon xm
    This !!!! 

Please please please!

Ditto.

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    nicknyr15 said:
    Worst tour ever. 
    Well. Just wait for the 17 song setlists this fall!  this forum will crumble!
  • Options
    maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 219
    Deeply sad because of the cancellation, sharing the sadness with fellow fans, taking in Vienna at night  in it‘s full beauty, sending the best wishes out to all the fellow fans and to Eddie: get well soon! 
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:
    I have to say it. The Gigaton album & tour sure seems cursed. They should have just scraped it from the get-go, recorded a new album and toured that in 2022. Sorry for all the fans that were supposed to go to the show tonight.

As someone posted earlier Ed's voice is probably shot hence the shorter sets this tour. If that is indeed true how stupid is it that they added that Bourbon and beyond festival date that has them play 3 shows in a row. Dumb Dumb Dumb. Id be worried if I was St. Louis.
    good lord, people. For supposedly being “fans”, you people are awfully harsh. This band can’t do anything right as far as you guys are concerned. Guess they should consult the forum for all major decisions. 

Give me a break! Relax! My comment was meant as a joke. The St. Louis part of my comment was serious. 3 shows in a row is dicey any way you look it.
    I’m sure they’ll check with you next time so they don’t over extend themselves since you’ve already decided that Ed’s voice is shot 
    You do understand that you are just as much of a problem as the people you are ranting against? Grow up. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    lol, Oakland was a mass spreader covid event.   I don't think Covid will cancel tours, but it definitely causes logistical issues.  Trying to prevent the band/crew from getting exposed so the tour can continue kind of thing isn't easy.

I think bands will keep trying and do what they can do.  Otherwise bands aren't going to ever going to tour again.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    This band obviously cares enough about its fans, but also its crew and everyone affected, to make a game time decision instead of a premature one. 

The merch thing, if true, would not have been a “greedy rock star” decision. It would have been management or promoter. 

We all know how this shit eats them alive, so criticism at how late it went down is, in my opinion, misplaced. 

I’d obviously be emotional about it too, however, had I been going. 

I said to my wife today that this is the new reality; whether it be post covid, age, health, or external factors, all travel related events are a big risk now, all bands and all events. It sucks. But it’s the new normal. 

So sorry to all those going to this show. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    nicknyr15 said:
    Worst tour ever. 
    1995 would like a word with you. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    minki2011 said:
    Considering all the bullshit that can happen nowadays (COVID related cancellations or you yourself get it and can't attend the show, peolple getting their flights cancellled left and right, especially during the summer months), I guess more and more people will stop traveling to shows over time. At some point it just isn't worth it anymore.
    I'm fortunate to live near a big city. No chance I'm buying tickets to anything outside of an hour or two away for the time being.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    Zod said:
    lol, Oakland was a mass spreader covid event.   I don't think Covid will cancel tours, but it definitely causes logistical issues.  Trying to prevent the band/crew from getting exposed so the tour can continue kind of thing isn't easy.

I think bands will keep trying and do what they can do.  Otherwise bands aren't going to ever going to tour again.

You have no proof that Oakland was a mass spreader event.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited July 2022
    DEGBTI said:
    Very dangerous comment?
    Gtfooh.

"That is the most dangerous comment ever.
    I have many, many people who tell me that comments like this are very dangerous.

It would be phenomenal for people to stop saying stupid things.

I say stupid things.

Then I have to ask myself, if you say them, can they really be stupid?

A lot of people - I don't want this to sound trivial - a lot of people say I can't say anything that is stupid.
    So, that is a dangerous, dangerous comment."
    Lord Donald J Diapers

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    nicknyr15 said:
    Worst tour ever. 
    1995 would like a word with you. 
    ^^^!!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    I gotta say - yes it sucks! No doubt! But this band cares. People get upset when they stop a show when they see trouble up front - imagine they feeling they carry from Rocksilde…

They’re trying to get back to us, they’re trying to make music and enjoy. This bad gives a shit and knows our value. Doubt a lot, but don’t doubt that. I’ve listened to the 2021 boots a hundred times and these guys don’t need to your and they don’t need to appease.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    The 3 day run in September will likely affect him the most after it’s conclusion.  OKC and DEN are the fall shows most at risk, and it’s not close.
    Considering St. Louis is more likely be on fire then any other city on this tour you are probably right
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,154
    JimmyV said:
    Zootrum said:
    JackD. said:
    Zootrum said:
    This is a great disappointment. I'm heartbroken, all the more so because there seems to have been no effort at all to find an alternate date. 
    According to local media, Eddie was still waving from the hotel at six, so it must have been clear by then that there was no show today. It's nice that people still had to wait and shop for hours in the sweltering heat at the merch for a show that they had probably long since guessed would probably not be able to take place. 
    Probably my disappointment and sadness comes out here more than anything else, but at that second I'm really a little irritated at the timing of the communication as well. 
    Anyway, all the best Eddie.
    Probably Prague will burst as well.
    I guess they were still hoping to play at 6. No way they let people queue in the unknown for an hour. He probably had a last check up from doctors who pulled the plug.
    Probably, but in my disappointment say, cynically you could say, the cancellation came when the Outside Merch was sold out.
    They cut outside merch off pretty quickly in Sacramento. 
    They didn't ever start to sell it... they were setting up for 1PM Merch opening ( I was in the merch line) cancelation was about 1230P 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,154
    Zod said:

yep my buddy got covid.. 3 days after Oakland.. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    Most everyone i know got covid this euro tour its very  very contagious 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -