Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    UKBgirl said:

Pair of muntjac deer having breakfast in my garden this week. 

Interesting looking deer- that v-shaped head is cool looking!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• UKBgirlUKBgirl UK Posts: 99
    brianlux said:
    UKBgirl said:

Pair of muntjac deer having breakfast in my garden this week. 

Interesting looking deer- that v-shaped head is cool looking!
    They're not a native species here, some escaped from private estates and they've established themselves.  Originally they are from India/Pakistan, they're really small but incredible jumpers, can clear a 5/6 foot fence easily.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

I was flyin’ down the bike path yesterday and just ‘bout ran over a Blue Racer snake slithering across. Was able to stop and snap a pic before it disappeared. Kinda rare to see. This is prolly only 2nd/3rd time I’ve seen one. They are non-venomous. Not the best pic but I wasn’t tryna get any closer!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    in the park we have an AA meeting at.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    That is a big turkey 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    mickeyrat said:

A beauty! 
    And so green where you are- nice!   This time of year around here it's a lot of brown with drab green trees. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

A beauty! 
    And so green where you are- nice!   This time of year around here it's a lot of brown with drab green trees. 

was raining during this before the meeting. in fact the whole meeting it was pouring...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

A beauty! 

was raining during this before the meeting. in fact the whole meeting it was pouring...

Rain in July!  Haven't seen that since the two years I live in western New York State in the 70's.

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

A beauty! 

Rain in July!  Haven't seen that since the two years I live in western New York State in the 70's.

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

A beauty! 

Nice!  A bit humid, but at 75, sounds doable. 
    We topped 100 today with hazy air from fires north and south of here, but surprisingly no smell of smoke and air quality in the "good" range.  Thankful for that.

We hve 40°c  here forecast today. Never seen that before 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    We hve 40°c  here forecast today. Never seen that before 

Just a few minutes ago, I read a New York Time article that mentioned that.  It says, in part:

Weather forecasters say that Britain this week may experience its highest temperature on record — more than 40 degrees Celsius, or about 105 degrees Fahrenheit. In response, officials in London have asked people to stay home, saying that vehicles may overheat and rail tracks may buckle.

In France, Greece, Spain and other parts of Europe, the same heat wave has sparked dozens of wildfires.

In the U.S., parts of the Southwest and the Central Plains are bracing for temperatures that could reach 110 degrees this week. Already, the city of Tulsa has experienced more days above 100 degrees this summer than it historically has in an entire summer on average.

Some tough times, these.

Its fuckin hot. And tomorrow  forecast higher still 40 c plus
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Its fuckin hot. And tomorrow  forecast higher still 40 c plus

It's been hot here but not quite as bad.  The last two day were around 38 C  (101 F), today 36  (96 F). 
    The big difference is that our temps for July are just a little above normal, but yours are significantly higher than normal, Rob.  I'm sorry to hear that.  Take good care and stay hydrated! 

Its ok as i don't  have to do much but the people working in it and the  kids at school
     As a country  we are not prepared for heat. No air con needed here. So we have none
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Its ok as i don't  have to do much but the people working in it and the  kids at school
     As a country  we are not prepared for heat. No air con needed here. So we have none

Sounds similar to when the heat dome over Vancouver, BC happened last year.  AC is just not a thing up there (yet).

edited July 2022

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Can you spot the hummingbird?

Can you spot the hummingbird?

yes. I am hoping to catch a recent lookyloo on my birdsy cam. happened to see one checking my set up out then flitting off. now have a feeder for hummers out there.

leaving the terminal to start my night the other day...

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Lovely pix guys 😊
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440

Saw this bad boy on my garage wall. This moth is about 3 inches long.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

gorgeous Rob
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Get_Right said:

So cool.  I think @brianlux is a real fan of moths.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Get_Right said:

The colors are so amazing.  It made me think of the highest quality Italian suede. I think it is called a Blinded Sphynx because of the way the wings appear to cover its head.
    Get_Right said:

The really cool ones like what Get_Right  found there, for sure!  Except the ones that eat clothes, lol!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    YARN  How can I go on a cruise without my cabana-wear  Seinfeld 1993 -  S05E18 The Raincoats 1  Video gifs by quotes  bed4b972
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

The colors are so amazing.  It made me think of the highest quality Italian suede. I think it is called a Blinded Sphynx because of the way the wings appear to cover its head.
    It is really beautiful.