Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    Those endure type races are so cool- live that you have these planned!

Had our local 5k today...matched my pr time from 2 weeks ago but my watch called it a PR, so I'm gonna go with that.  :lol:   
    Ran out of gas after a great start.  Finished 2nd in my age group and first among 48 yr Olds, or older.  ;)
    Small races are fun but lack some of the juice/buzz of that larger ones.  

Right now I'm enjoying the shorter stuff, a nice change of pace (literally) it's fun to mix it up. Running out of gas on shorter faster races is definitely a common thing for me too 😂 although the longer stuff has helped, not to make me faster but to hold onto my eyeballs just a little longer.

Starting my half marathon training now, goal of sub 90mins. Then it's 4 months ultra training again.

Congrats on the PR too. It's great here to literally see everyone's improvements and consistency, love it
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Thanks.  I'm starting the half training in August, I believe.   90 mins is like going to the moon, to me.  :lol:   
    Sub 2 hours will be good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I'm not entirely sure I have it in me! But I have a PB (PR) of 1:34 so it's all or nothing, im not getting any younger or faster 😂
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    beano.79 said:
    Got my big races planned for 2023!

The Snowdonia spring crossing (52km 8500ft of climbing) in march.

And Endure24 (24 hrs, 5 mile loop as many times as you can/want) in June.

Wow! That all sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear all about them.

Had our local 5k today...matched my pr time from 2 weeks ago but my watch called it a PR, so I'm gonna go with that.  :lol:   
    Ran out of gas after a great start.  Finished 2nd in my age group and first among 48 yr Olds, or older.  ;)

Nice job! You have been doing a lot of races lately. That must be fun. I had a decent run today. My run on Saturday was really hard. I had gotten my second Covid booster on Thursday, and while I had no major side effects from it, I think it affected my run on Saturday. Today's fun felt back to normal. I passed a milestone on my running app - so that was cool.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    GlowGirl said:

Nice job! You have been doing a lot of races lately. That must be fun. I had a decent run today. My run on Saturday was really hard. I had gotten my second Covid booster on Thursday, and while I had no major side effects from it, I think it affected my run on Saturday. Today's fun felt back to normal. I passed a milestone on my running app - so that was cool.

Awesome, strong work!
    Glad to hear things are ok after the second booster

beano.79 said:
    I'm not entirely sure I have it in me! But I have a PB (PR) of 1:34 so it's all or nothing, im not getting any younger or faster 😂
    Yeah, I get the not getting any younger part!
    Hard rain this AM.  Intervals were a bit slower than normal but it was rewarding.  Rain when it is 76 and 95% humidity is so very different from when it is in the 40s and windy.  :lol:   

Hard rain this AM.  Intervals were a bit slower than normal but it was rewarding.  Rain when it is 76 and 95% humidity is so very different from when it is in the 40s and windy.  :lol:   

Yes it is. Sounds like you had a good run. Today is an off day for me. Back at it tomorrow. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

😂😂 I love this
    As I sit with my feet up, thinking that they hurt....and Ed is 10 years older...makes 💯 sense.
    Something different, I have volunteered to help at the Robinhood 100 that I ran last year. I'll be doing an 8 hour stint overnight (that's when the magic happens). It was so inspiring having so many people helping out at the aid stations and I'm really looking forward to paying that forward. 
    That is awesome.   I bet you will see some great stuff and be able to help a few people in a significant way.

beano.79 said:
    Something different, I have volunteered to help at the Robinhood 100 that I ran last year. I'll be doing an 8 hour stint overnight (that's when the magic happens). It was so inspiring having so many people helping out at the aid stations and I'm really looking forward to paying that forward. 
    That is really cool. A nice way to give back. 
    That is awesome.   I bet you will see some great stuff and be able to help a few people in a significant way.

That's what I hope. I know from experience last year that a simple coffee, a sandwich or a piece of chocolate can feel life changing in that moment 😂 someone did tell me that running 100 miles is just a glorified eating competition and they weren't wrong! 😜
    We have 39c temperatures forecast for next week, the record here is around 37c 🥵 I may give the running a kiss for those few days 🥵

Tomorrow is around 32c so I'll get out nice and early to catch the cooler air
    Wow that is hot!
    Very humid and hot here, today.  Only 90, though it felt like much hotter.
    I struggled to 9 miles.  Got pretty drunk last night and also forgot to eat at the halfway point,  as I normally do.  Ended up eating before the last mile but I'd already embraced the suck by then.  :lol:   
    My kid has covid so I thought perhaps I got it but so far I'm negative.  Guess it was just hungover/heat/energy related

Wow that is hot!
    I struggled to 9 miles.  Got pretty drunk last night and also forgot to eat at the halfway point,  as I normally do.  Ended up eating before the last mile but I'd already embraced the suck by then.  :lol:   
    My kid has covid so I thought perhaps I got it but so far I'm negative.  Guess it was just hungover/heat/energy related

Wow. Great job in the heat, especially with a hangover. I ran on the treadmill yesterday. I don’t get out early enough to beat the heat. Hope you are feeling better. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow that is hot!

Wow. Great job in the heat, especially with a hangover. I ran on the treadmill yesterday. I don’t get out early enough to beat the heat. Hope you are feeling better. 
    Thanks.  Ready for your trip?
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow that is hot!

Thanks.  Ready for your trip?
    I am so ready and really excited. A few more days to go. 
    Got out this morning before it gets too hot, 8 x 400m repeats at 6min pace 🤮 1 mile warm and cool down. A good session but a clear reminder of why I prefer the longer, slower stuff 😂

Glowgirl enjoy your trip! My wife says some of the places you're going are stunning. You probably know one of them was used for filming of 'Hostel' but don't let that put you off 😁
    Excellent workout.  That is what I do on Thursdays, generally 
      (Except at 7 pace, although I may hit high 6 on a few...and I'm at 7 reps now.)
    Those are fun.

Those are fun.

I tend to be slightly quicker than goal pace for 200m and then slower for the 2nd 200m. Something to work on. I can't say I have a great time doing them! But I feel good about it afterwards. Find out in 12 weeks if it's all worth it 😂
    beano.79 said:
    Those are fun.

I tend to be slightly quicker than goal pace for 200m and then slower for the 2nd 200m. Something to work on. I can't say I have a great time doing them! But I feel good about it afterwards. Find out in 12 weeks if it's all worth it 😂
    I have to really focus and not drift/meditate as I tend to when doing longer runs.  This makes it fun....
    I'm sure you will kill it when the time comes!
    edited July 2022
    So here in the east of England we had heat of 40.3c (104.5f) the highest temperatures we have on record were today so goes without saying... No running for the last couple of days 🥵 should be down to 28c tomorrow so I'll take my gear to work and hopefully get a 4 mile tempo run-commute home. 

We are not used to this extreme heat, were all a bit of a mess 😂😂 
    Post edited by beano.79 on
    Hope you have air conditioning!
    Stay safe.
    Stay safe.
    Nope! 😂 It's been a hell of a 2 nights for sleep. Were hopefully back to more regular summer temperatures from today.. phew 
    beano.79 said:
    Stay safe.
    Nope! 😂 It's been a hell of a 2 nights for sleep. Were hopefully back to more regular summer temperatures from today.. phew 
    Stay cool. I did read that a lot of people in England don’t have air conditioning. Here, we are really spoiled with that. 
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Stay safe.
    Stay cool. I did read that a lot of people in England don’t have air conditioning. Here, we are really spoiled with that. 
    Alot of offices and shops (stores) and restaurants will have but in all honesty we don't get enough consistent hot hot weather to justify it... But this week it looks like times are changing! 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Stay safe.
    Alot of offices and shops (stores) and restaurants will have but in all honesty we don't get enough consistent hot hot weather to justify it... But this week it looks like times are changing! 
    I lived in the UK for 4 years in the late 80s/early 90s and honestly I’m not sure I was ever too warm the entire time :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf