The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    fanch75 wrote:
    i will agree that the production of this album is very good.

This is the best compliment I've seen you give riot act.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110

Production is great for all their albums except Binaraul
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736

The production is great but i don't care for the songs.

I'm trying to not be negative because this thread is a tribute for riot act. but i will say that i love the production and how it sounds.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:

I'm trying to not be negative because this thread is a tribute for riot act. but i will say that i love the production and how it sounds.

It's ok, we won't slam you. as respectfully as possible tell us the songs you don't like vs the songs you do like. I am curious.
    HugePJFan
    hugepjfan wrote:
    It's ok, we won't slam you. as respectfully as possible tell us the songs you don't like vs the songs you do like. I am curious.

I absolutely LOVE "I Am Mine." Great. I remember when this was the single, and I ehard it, and I was so pumped about this album. IAM is one of the best PJ songs ever.

Outside of IAM, I think "Save You" is a decent rocker. LBC is good live as an opener. Green Disease has a great intro, but after that I lose interest. THe rest (sorry) isn't for me.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I absolutely LOVE "I Am Mine." Great. I remember when this was the single, and I ehard it, and I was so pumped about this album. IAM is one of the best PJ songs ever.

Outside of IAM, I think "Save You" is a decent rocker. LBC is good live as an opener. Green Disease has a great intro, but after that I lose interest. THe rest (sorry) isn't for me.

You don't like Thumbing my way? "I let go of a rope, thinking that's what held me back. I soon realized it was wrapped around my neck" "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiney ones instead" great line after great line in the song
    HugePJFan
    hugepjfan wrote:
    You don't like Thumbing my way? "I let go of a rope, thinking that's what held me back. I soon realized it was wrapped around my neck" "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiney ones instead" great line after great line in the song

i don't want to be negative, but i have to answer your ?. I think TMW is one of the most borign songs I've ever heard. Again, just IMO.
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    fanch75 wrote:

Fanch, never thought I'd think it (as far as RA is concerned), but you're a class act. Thanks for respecting this thread!
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    fanch75 wrote:
    i don't want to be negative, but i have to answer your ?. I think TMW is one of the most borign songs I've ever heard. Again, just IMO.

I know this was last night..... but what about You Are, Get Right, Cant Keep, All or None, and Ghost? I can't understand anyone hating those songs, but the others, I can see it.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I know this was last night..... but what about You Are, Get Right, Cant Keep, All or None, and Ghost? I can't understand anyone hating those songs, but the others, I can see it.

don't like them, at all; sorry! just imo.
    fanch75 wrote:

how can you not like All or None???!!!, I can understand the rest, but All or None? man. your entitled to it, but i just can't conceive it.
    HugePJFan
    fanch75 wrote:

That's cool :) They're some of my favorite Riot Act hidden gems :D
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    fanch75 wrote:

You know, this is my favorite PJ album, but I totally agree. I think the song is so mediocre.

However, I forget who was talking about listening to You Are fucked up, but get fucked up and then put You Are on LATG on. Mind blowing!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    yosi wrote:
    You know, this is my favorite PJ album, but I totally agree. I think the song is so mediocre.

However, I forget who was talking about listening to You Are fucked up, but get fucked up and then put You Are on LATG on. Mind blowing!

That was me talking about You Are fucked up! Best song ever!
    This whole album is pretty intense stoned!
  • not4unot4u Posts: 513
    fanch doesn't know shit. i don't underestimate him But i would challange him eye to eye anyfuckin day of the fuckin week.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • ByrdmanByrdman Posts: 2
    when it came out I hated it. In time it has grown and continues to, better than Binaural now.

1) Can't Keep 8/10 - Great lyrics good vibe, nice opener. Very No Code
    2) Save You 8/10 - A good rocker but not up there with their best, good song
    3) LBC 6/10 - Weird song arrangement thats never worked for me, sounds like a few different songs bolted together
    4) Cropduster 3/10 - SKIP! horrible lyrics and chords
    5) Ghost 7/10 - Well played but not much of a song in there
    6) I Am Mine 7/10 - Very same old same old. Bit like NAIS in that respect. Also rips off Monty Got a Raw Deal by R.E.M. And theres a D in there that would sound better as a Dm - but thats nitpicking!
    7) Thumbing My Way 8/10 - A great ballad, great lyrics
    8) You Are 8/10 - New sound for Pearl Jam, nice song, bit directionless but good
    9) Get Right 8/10 - Nice rocker, its pretty good
    10) Green Disease 8/10 - Like this one, nice energy to it
    11) Help Help 4/10 - its not as bad as it sounds - the production kills it.
    12) Bushleaguer 5/10 - for a weird track it holds up quite well
    13) 1/2 Full 4/10 - nice vibe but sounds like they are making it up on the spot, lyrics are clunky and so is the structure
    14) Arc 1/10 - oh dear
    15) All or None 7/10 - yawn, again its just same old same old and tired sounding and yet its not a bad song
    not4u wrote:
    fanch doesn't know shit. i don't underestimate him But i would challange him eye to eye anyfuckin day of the fuckin week.

What's this all about?
    Byrdman wrote:
    when it came out I hated it. In time it has grown and continues to, better than Binaural now.

1) Can't Keep 8/10 - Great lyrics good vibe, nice opener. Very No Code
    2) Save You 8/10 - A good rocker but not up there with their best, good song
    3) LBC 6/10 - Weird song arrangement thats never worked for me, sounds like a few different songs bolted together
    4) Cropduster 3/10 - SKIP! horrible lyrics and chords
    5) Ghost 7/10 - Well played but not much of a song in there
    6) I Am Mine 7/10 - Very same old same old. Bit like NAIS in that respect. Also rips off Monty Got a Raw Deal by R.E.M. And theres a D in there that would sound better as a Dm - but thats nitpicking!
    7) Thumbing My Way 8/10 - A great ballad, great lyrics
    8) You Are 8/10 - New sound for Pearl Jam, nice song, bit directionless but good
    9) Get Right 8/10 - Nice rocker, its pretty good
    10) Green Disease 8/10 - Like this one, nice energy to it
    11) Help Help 4/10 - its not as bad as it sounds - the production kills it.
    12) Bushleaguer 5/10 - for a weird track it holds up quite well
    13) 1/2 Full 4/10 - nice vibe but sounds like they are making it up on the spot, lyrics are clunky and so is the structure
    14) Arc 1/10 - oh dear
    15) All or None 7/10 - yawn, again its just same old same old and tired sounding and yet its not a bad song

I don't think you were fair on these songs. I mean, I Am Mine is awesome. So, is Cropduster, and Ghost, and well, all of it.
  • ElkaElka Posts: 43
    With all the RA talk tonight and the fact that the songs got passed over in Toronto, I thought this thread was deserving of a little revival. As much as I'm loving the new album, surely the boys can squeeze a RA quickie in a setlist or two this tour. Call me sentimental, but what would a show/boot be without a RA song?? Some of you please refrain from answering that :)
    I will be offended if they don't play one song from Riot Act on this tour. It'd be like they were ashamed of a totally killer album.
    Elka wrote:
    With all the RA talk tonight and the fact that the songs got passed over in Toronto, I thought this thread was deserving of a little revival. As much as I'm loving the new album, surely the boys can squeeze a RA quickie in a setlist or two this tour. Call me sentimental, but what would a show/boot be without a RA song?? Some of you please refrain from answering that :)

I Am Mine would be killer
    danny72688 wrote:
    I will be offended if they don't play one song from Riot Act on this tour. It'd be like they were ashamed of a totally killer album.

they have nothing to be ashamed of....i think its better than binaraul. songs like save you, lbc, thumbing, i am mine, all or none. they better not start skipping RA. Skip fucking ten. i wouldn't mind a concert from just no code on.
    HugePJFan
  • ElkaElka Posts: 43
    fanch75 wrote:
    I Am Mine would be killer

Yes, it would be. And I'm sure with their always-changing setlists, it'll show up sooner or later. I can respect their excitement over the new songs, but it would be a shame for a song like that to get brushed to the side.
  • My thread has resurfaced! Yay!

Look, I love the avocado, I do; but it seems more commercial, uplifting and non-challenging than Riot Act.

I like Riot Act because of the darkness of it, the fact it's not such a comfortable listen; it has rough edges which I think the avocado is lacking.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • jodijodi Posts: 183
    Riot Act is a great album!
    one of my favourite albums of all time.

Save You is one of the best rock-songs ever!
    I Am Mine and Thumbing My Way the best songs on the album.

Don't understand that some people now say, Pearl Jam is good, Riot Act sucked..
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • tdlftdaporchtdlftdaporch Posts: 158
    Riot Act is my fave after Yield. I've been dying to see "Cropduster" live as well as "Ghost". The closest I've come to that was the Showbox DVD. C'mon Pearl Jam, lets break out some RA
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
    Just listened to Avocado (with the new tour I need to know those songs well). Now I'm putting some even more serious musical brilliance on... Riot Act ;)
  • elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    can't get enough of that sweet sweet Riot Act stuff!
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Only 4,850 posts to go, folks! Keep it up! ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.