i will agree that the production of this album is very good.
This is the best compliment I've seen you give riot act.
The production is great but i don't care for the songs.
I'm trying to not be negative because this thread is a tribute for riot act. but i will say that i love the production and how it sounds.
It's ok, we won't slam you. as respectfully as possible tell us the songs you don't like vs the songs you do like. I am curious.
I absolutely LOVE "I Am Mine." Great. I remember when this was the single, and I ehard it, and I was so pumped about this album. IAM is one of the best PJ songs ever.
Outside of IAM, I think "Save You" is a decent rocker. LBC is good live as an opener. Green Disease has a great intro, but after that I lose interest. THe rest (sorry) isn't for me.
You don't like Thumbing my way? "I let go of a rope, thinking that's what held me back. I soon realized it was wrapped around my neck" "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiney ones instead" great line after great line in the song
i don't want to be negative, but i have to answer your ?. I think TMW is one of the most borign songs I've ever heard. Again, just IMO.
I know this was last night..... but what about You Are, Get Right, Cant Keep, All or None, and Ghost? I can't understand anyone hating those songs, but the others, I can see it.
don't like them, at all; sorry! just imo.
You know, this is my favorite PJ album, but I totally agree. I think the song is so mediocre.
However, I forget who was talking about listening to You Are fucked up, but get fucked up and then put You Are on LATG on. Mind blowing!
fanch doesn't know shit. i don't underestimate him But i would challange him eye to eye anyfuckin day of the fuckin week.
when it came out I hated it. In time it has grown and continues to, better than Binaural now.
1) Can't Keep 8/10 - Great lyrics good vibe, nice opener. Very No Code
2) Save You 8/10 - A good rocker but not up there with their best, good song
3) LBC 6/10 - Weird song arrangement thats never worked for me, sounds like a few different songs bolted together
4) Cropduster 3/10 - SKIP! horrible lyrics and chords
5) Ghost 7/10 - Well played but not much of a song in there
6) I Am Mine 7/10 - Very same old same old. Bit like NAIS in that respect. Also rips off Monty Got a Raw Deal by R.E.M. And theres a D in there that would sound better as a Dm - but thats nitpicking!
7) Thumbing My Way 8/10 - A great ballad, great lyrics
8) You Are 8/10 - New sound for Pearl Jam, nice song, bit directionless but good
9) Get Right 8/10 - Nice rocker, its pretty good
10) Green Disease 8/10 - Like this one, nice energy to it
11) Help Help 4/10 - its not as bad as it sounds - the production kills it.
12) Bushleaguer 5/10 - for a weird track it holds up quite well
13) 1/2 Full 4/10 - nice vibe but sounds like they are making it up on the spot, lyrics are clunky and so is the structure
14) Arc 1/10 - oh dear
15) All or None 7/10 - yawn, again its just same old same old and tired sounding and yet its not a bad song
With all the RA talk tonight and the fact that the songs got passed over in Toronto, I thought this thread was deserving of a little revival. As much as I'm loving the new album, surely the boys can squeeze a RA quickie in a setlist or two this tour. Call me sentimental, but what would a show/boot be without a RA song?? Some of you please refrain from answering that
I will be offended if they don't play one song from Riot Act on this tour. It'd be like they were ashamed of a totally killer album.
I Am Mine would be killer