Options

The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    i have love for this incredible album.

Thats good to hear. Cause it feels like no one cares.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    yosi wrote:
    Thats good to hear. Cause it feels like no one cares.

I care. Just look at my signature.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    tdlftdaporchtdlftdaporch Posts: 158
    One of the highlights for me was seeing LBC live in San Diego

"Love Boat Captain take the reigns and steer us toward the clear air. It's already been sung but it can't be said enough. "All You need is love..."

Riot Act is my # 2 not my doo doo
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    I care. Just look at my signature.

Hell yea, I notice that every time I see you post. Its nice to see others give RA a little love in their sigs ;)
  • Options
    *bumpety Bump Bump Bump!*
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Hey Harmless, what happened? You used to post up in here a lot!!

Been to any shows this tour?
  • Options
    :D

I love Riot Act with every fiber of my being. It is my favorite Pearl Jam album and is one of my top 5 albums of all time, by any band. This piece of work helped get me through a rather difficult time in my life, so it will always be special to me.

The music to Can't Keep is one of my favorite things ever written by this band. At first I wasn't too wild about Help, Help but now I really dig the song. You Are....seriously how amazing is that song? :eek:

The only Riot Act song that I got to hear last Thursday was Green Disease, which has a wicked bass line.

I wouldn't change anything about this album, I love it just the way it is.
    aka: TwoAlarmFire on RM

06/06/03, 07/06/06

"Playing a song that hits you on that deep emotional level and being able to match that with what you're playing on the drums - that can just lift you and the song to another level." -- Matt Cameron
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Hey Harmless, what happened? You used to post up in here a lot!!

Been to any shows this tour?

Hey yosi,

Yeah I haven't posted as much on the board as usual lately, let alone this thread. I've been really busy with work/personal writing projects and stuff.

And shows? You know what, in sixteen years of being a fan, I've never been to a PJ show at all. I'm from the UK, which is something to do with it. All that is going to change in August though when I see PJ at Reading Festival. W00t.

But, btw, bump the Riot Act love again... why not.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    One of the highlights for me was seeing LBC live in San Diego

"Love Boat Captain take the reigns and steer us toward the clear air. It's already been sung but it can't be said enough. "All You need is love..."

Riot Act is my # 2 not my doo doo

Don't forget "You Are"!!!
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    ElkaElka Posts: 43
    yosi wrote:
    Can't believe no one is posting in this thread anymore! Come on, where is the love for this incredible album???

Look at the positives, yosi. A thread about RIOT ACT has gone on for 17 pages and virtually every post has been in praise of it. Now that's cause for celebration! So cheers to all of us and our EXCEPTIONAL taste in music.:) I'm sure this thread will keep popping back up for a long time to come...
  • Options
    Hey yosi,

Yeah I haven't posted as much on the board as usual lately, let alone this thread. I've been really busy with work/personal writing projects and stuff.

And shows? You know what, in sixteen years of being a fan, I've never been to a PJ show at all. I'm from the UK, which is something to do with it. All that is going to change in August though when I see PJ at Reading Festival. W00t.

But, btw, bump the Riot Act love again... why not.

Got it. Well, I'm really glad that you're finnally gonna see PJ in August! And hopefully, since the guys didn't tour Europe for RA, you get a whole shitload of Riot Act songs at each show you go too (they sound so amazing live!) :D
  • Options
    Elka wrote:
    Look at the positives, yosi. A thread about RIOT ACT has gone on for 17 pages and virtually every post has been in praise of it. Now that's cause for celebration! So cheers to all of us and our EXCEPTIONAL taste in music.:) I'm sure this thread will keep popping back up for a long time to come...

Yea I know, thats cause I make sure to keep bumping it every once in a while ;)
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Yea I know, thats cause I make sure to keep bumping it every once in a while ;)

Ha ha. Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I should have said TRIPLE cheers to yosi. :)
  • Options
    Elka wrote:
    Ha ha. Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I should have said TRIPLE cheers to yosi. :)

Hahaha, thanks. I just love this album so I gotta make sure it gets the respect it deserves ;)
  • Options
    I just listened to it for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago AFTER listening to the new album and I am hooked on it too. I think I actually like it better than the new one, and only because of the different types of styles they explore. It's so "not Pearl Jam" you know, radio PJ. And I like that. They fit both shoes equally well. Does that make ANY sense??? ----~~~
  • Options
    also... my kids and thier little friends LOVE helphelp! They make me play it for them over and over and over etc. etc. and they sing along..... its so cute they're only 3, 4 & 6
  • Options
    I just listened to it for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago AFTER listening to the new album and I am hooked on it too.

Wow, just hearing it for the first time?? Well, you'll love it even more with each listen, trust me. :)
  • Options
    also... my kids and thier little friends LOVE helphelp! They make me play it for them over and over and over etc. etc. and they sing along..... its so cute they're only 3, 4 & 6

Aww, that's great! Hopefully it'll last. I have a 17-year-old nephew who used to love it when I played PJ for him as a kid. Now I can't even mention the band without him just rolling his eyes. I'll keep working on him though. :)
  • Options

Its always good to hear new people appreciate this album. Also, its good that you're starting your kids off with best while they're young ;)
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Also, its good that you're starting your kids off with best while they're young ;)

Haha. With helphelp no less! Gotta love how open-minded kids are. I know a few people who could benefit from a little of that. :)
  • Options
    Elka wrote:
    Haha. With helphelp no less! Gotta love how open-minded kids are. I know a few people who could benefit from a little of that. :)

Yea, thats a good song to start with. I could totally see kids being in to that. Personally Help, Help took me a while to get into, but now its one of my favorites on the album.
  • Options
    silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
    Love the album!

Its very different compared to the rest of the albums.....thats what i love about pearl jam....they just keep on changing, yet still manage to do it in so much style.
  • Options
    silverflow wrote:

Its very different compared to the rest of the albums.....

I suppose you could probably make the argument that each of their albums are different from all the others. I think Riot Act's greatness lies not so much in that it sounds different from all the rest but more in that it's a diverse album done right. To me it stands with Vs and Yield in that regard. In those three albums you get songs that are unique from one another but yet an overall mood and spirit is still there to tie them all together. It was really perfected on Riot Act, though.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'll probably get lynched for this but i'll take Riot Act over Yield any day. never saw what the big deal was w/ Yield. oh well.
  • Options
    i'll probably get lynched for this but i'll take Riot Act over Yield any day. never saw what the big deal was w/ Yield. oh well.

You posted in the right thread. I'd take Riot Act over Yield too. And Yield is definitely not my second favorite either. I mean, I love the album, but I love all PJ. For me though, its all about Riot Act.
  • Options
    I remember picking up Riot Act...it was a cold and rainy november night...the power went out...
    Had to listen to it on headphones on the first run.

Once it came back on, blasted Cropduster on the stereo...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    I remember picking up Riot Act...it was a cold and rainy november night...the power went out...
    Had to listen to it on headphones on the first run.

Once it came back on, blasted Cropduster on the stereo...

I seem to remember listening to Riot Act for the first time at night too. Maybe just cause it came out in the winter, and it got dark early...
  • Options
    This is my 2,000th post, and I figured, for such a special occasion I'd like to just say that I love this album and this band. Fuck, Riot Act rocks, I love it, soo fucking good. That's all I have to say.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    This is my 2,000th post, and I figured, for such a special occasion I'd like to just say that I love this album and this band. Fuck, Riot Act rocks, I love it, soo fucking good. That's all I have to say.

Dude I stood in your shoes forever, I was so into this album, after pj 8 I have gone more old school, or should I say mid school!

I give you props on supporting it though!

Yes I got riot act the night before it was due out!

Yes I blasted cropduster, but I blasted 1/2 full louder!
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    sundogg16sundogg16 Posts: 70
    riot act is such a fucking great album! my favorite out of all. 1/2 full green disease cropduster bu$hleaguer....all the tracks on riot act are extremely good!
    If you don't run, you rust.

Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Waikiki 04/21/07 & 04/22/06