Options

The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• Options
    ElkaElka Posts: 43
    yosi wrote:
    Finnaly! A little Riot Act love. Hopefully I get to see 1/2 Full live, love that song! Already saw Down and I am Mine, but would be more than happy to hear 'em both again!

I'm still waiting on 1/2 Full too! Very cool to see LBC, Green Disease, and Thumbing all show up between the Grand Rapids and Cleveland shows though. Maybe they'll bring back Ghost for Boston -- it hasn't been played since July '03!
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
  • Options
    I've just fallen in love with 'You Are'. I thought I didn't like this song after a few years. Stuck it in today, and I love it!? Huh? Pearl Jam why do you have to do this to me? You guys are so confusing sometimes...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    double post.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I've just fallen in love with 'You Are'. I thought I didn't like this song after a few years. Stuck it in today, and I love it!? Huh? Pearl Jam why do you have to do this to me? You guys are so confusing sometimes...

I was just listening to it today too. It's funny, about 10 seconds into the very first time I heard it I thought, "What the hell is this??" About a minute later I was head over heels. Gotta love those moments, even if they take a while sometimes. :)
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Well, was at Boston last night and it rocked! Fucking great show. Also, I was very happy to hear LBC and Green Disease cause I hadn't heard them live yet, so that was pretty sweet. I was also glad that Riot Act didn't just get skipped over. Anyway, gonna be at the show again tonight, and hopefully we can get some more Riot Act love. Maybe a little Ghost, a little You Are, a little 1/2 Full... oooooh, oh so sweet... ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Well, generally I'd be a bit sad that no Riot Act was played at a show I was at (Boston II), but that show last night was so fucking killer, that there's no way I could be even remotely upset :D. I don't know if any show could top last nights for me. Just hoping now that Philly II gets lots of RA.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Well, generally I'd be a bit sad that no Riot Act was played at a show I was at (Boston II), but that show last night was so fucking killer, that there's no way I could be even remotely upset :D. I don't know if any show could top last nights for me. Just hoping now that Philly II gets lots of RA.

Boston II was good?? I hadn't heard. :) You'll have to let us know how the boot sounds. With or without RA, this one definitely seems like a keeper. Glad you had a great time!
  • Options
    So, I'm back from Philly II, and got Save You and You Are, I was really happy. Both songs sound so good live. I'd heard both before, but just wanted to hear more Riot Act, and so was really pleased with both. You Are is just such a good live song, I love it - definitely one of those hidden gems. Anyway, I'm sad I'm done for this tour, but really glad that I got to hear about 4 songs from Riot Act altogether, including two I hadn't heard before - Green Disease and LBC. Hopefully the keep some RA songs in regular rotation for the rest of the shows.
    Elka wrote:
    Boston II was good?? I hadn't heard. You'll have to let us know how the boot sounds. With or without RA, this one definitely seems like a keeper. Glad you had a great time!

Don't know how the boot sounds yet, but its definitely one I have to get. The show was so, so good. I couldn't believe it. Philly II though gave it a run for its money, also an amazing show. I'd say Boston II was a little better though just cause it was longer. Anyways I'm so glad I got the chance to go to three shows this tour, they were all amazing, and I can't wait till PJ comes back.
  • Options
    Just want to show a little love for my favorite PJ album. Come on people don't let the love for this great album die away.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Ahhh, thanks to the YIELD campaign thread for helping me noticing this thread. :D

I was VERY VERY VERY happy when they finally played "I Am Mine" at the Detroit show!!! :):):)

I really thought I wasn't going to get it after not hearing it at 3 canadian shows, Grand Rapids and Cleveland...

But they couldn't have picked a better show for me to hear it!!

Yes yes yes!!! :)

*kisses this thread*
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    I agree great album top to bottom.... I don't understand comments about the album being boring. I would really like to hear more of it this tour rather than EVERY song off Ten.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I agree great album top to bottom.... I don't understand comments about the album being boring. I would really like to hear more of it this tour rather than EVERY song off Ten.

I totally agree that Riot Act is a great album, there are so many great songs. Unfortunately when I 1st got it I was going through a breakup & for a while I didn't like a lot of songs (including Save You which is now one of my favorite PJ songs period) But I chalk it up to the breakup because after hearing songs live in 2003 I went back & now I really love it. I really don't get how anyone can say it's a boring album either... just baffles me ;)

I disagree about them playing Ten songs though. I'm biased, I missed a bunch of shows in the early days, so it's nice to hear Once & Why Go, etc :) And for me personally, they have not played EVERY song off Ten and I've seen them 15 times! :p Still waitin' on Release & Deep... maybe at the Gorge! ;)
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I will always have a soft spot for Riot Act.. Debateably my favorite.. the new one fights it for the top spot... I love Riot Act!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    its in my top 5 pj cds. i fell in love with it after the first listen.it just is an amazing cd. i love thumbing my way arc and 1/2 full.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    I didn't get into at first either, then last year, I listened to LBC while watching the sunset across my back yard. And it hit me! I was confused, couldn't place where the song came from, so I went inside and loaded the cd, and a love affair was born! I feel a little shy about stating my love for RA, b/c it's been my guilty pleasure for over a year now. So I'm trying to capture an emotion for Binaural now.
    Peace and Riot Act grease!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    love boat captain is the best PJ song after black, just brilliant

also all or none is the most underrated pearl jam song

fkn awesome

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    So nice to see a little more RA love. This album fucking kicks ass. I hope the next time I see PJ I will have the pleasure of hearing more RA songs. Especially 1/2 Full and All or None (also Ghost and Cropduster would be amazing).
  • Options
    wahine wrote:
    I didn't get into at first either, then last year, I listened to LBC while watching the sunset across my back yard. And it hit me! I was confused, couldn't place where the song came from, so I went inside and loaded the cd, and a love affair was born!

Even though I loved it right away, I know what you mean. I've always thought that RA (more than any of their other albums) was the one that you could always find something new to appreciate and love about it. It isn't an album that's easy to outgrow, if that makes sense. I don't have any doubt that within 10-20 years it will widely be thought of as their finest album.
  • Options
    Elka wrote:
    Even though I loved it right away, I know what you mean. I've always thought that RA (more than any of their other albums) was the one that you could always find something new to appreciate and love about it. It isn't an album that's easy to outgrow, if that makes sense. I don't have any doubt that within 10-20 years it will widely be thought of as their finest album.

I agree with this duder. Its most likely my 3rd or 4th fav. PJ album. Ive always loved it and the thing I love about it most is the relaxing warm sound it has. I love Eds voice on it, unlike a lot of people. Just a very mature great album.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    I think that this is the album that really gives them classic rock status. Just some amazing beautiful song writing. And I agree, I think Ed's voice sounds superb on this album.
  • Options
    At first I LOVED this album- spun it non-stop- most people thought I was nuts and didnt get it, thought it was boring. then I lost interest over a years time and got back into yield.....it's my fiances favorite by far- she's seen 5 gigs on this tour and they are really starting to break it out more and more- The more I hear it live this tour the more I like to spin the album again.

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    Save You is one of my top ten PJ songs, so I can't complain about Riot Act.........
  • Options
    This is the DARKEST pearl jam album ever with Yeild and No Code pretty much competing with the happiest ones. It was a bleek time, post 911, bad presidency, world falling apart and all the band's personal problems.

This album and the Live at the Garden DVD absolutely broght me fully into Pearl Jam beyond the ability to just appreciate Betterman, and Daughter. The songs like save you, love boat captain, all or none, thumbing my way, shit we know there was some hurt there as a group and individuals.

Please continue to tour and release for ever. Ed (as I am co-addressing my posts) Binarual and Riot Act are your best work. Unfortunalty the darker our times the realer Pearl Jam music and message. Binaural unfortunatly arrived in a time where we were all so happy in the late Clinton Presidency before the attacks. Who are those people back then we think to ourselves now how happy they all were before September 11. I'm going to NYC for 5 days starting next Friday. I'm going back down to ground zero. Shit.
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I love this album, it has a great atmosphere with superb lyrics and guitar work. It's an album they could play in it's entierty in some small blues/jazz club. How great would that be?

I just hope all the negative response to the album doesn't put the band too much off it.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    I really like this album above all others. Is that strange? I mean I like the other albums...mostly....well I think that Yeild is kinda gay and Binarual is hanging by a thread on Light Years. Any love for the least selling album?
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • Options
    I really like this album above all others. Is that strange? I mean I like the other albums...mostly....well I think that Yeild is kinda gay and Binarual is hanging by a thread on Light Years. Any love for the least selling album?

I love this album the most too. I think its just brilliant. Its also nice to see that its been getting some love the last two nights. Great to see that it hasn't been forgotten by the band, cause this album is amazing.
  • Options
    Nice to see that Bushleaguer finally got a little love on this tour in Denver. Gotta love that song ;)
  • Options
    Can't believe no one is posting in this thread anymore! Come on, where is the love for this incredible album???
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Can't believe no one is posting in this thread anymore! Come on, where is the love for this incredible album???

i have love for this incredible album.