America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    Dude is holding a SAW.  Wifey is holding a Tommy Gun and the daughter has an uzi.  That’s some crazy stuff.
    Always laugh at this stuff. He is going to insert his family into the public setting, probably made them do it. When they get blowback it’s the “leave my family out of it” they aren’t public figures crap

If I was him I’d be asking Santa for a bigger couch 

plus the wife is pointing the gun at one of the kids heads standing behind her.  Someone didn’t go to gun safety class. 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    If the school officials had called the cops like YOU SHOULD DO in situations like this then everyone is likely alive, a 15 year old kid would be getting help needed (hopefully) and families aren’t grieving.  The school fucked up…

you can blame the Neanderthal parents if people choose…but calling the parents over qualified law enforcement to deal with this situation showed a serious lack of judgement by the school…

Expecting all parents to show good judgement is ludicrous.  The only qualification in being a parent is the ability to have sex.  I expect school board staff to be wiser than parents…
    The problem with that is there is a huge segment in society who want the parents to have complete control of what their kids learn and how a school operates. School boards are getting overrun with these kinds of people 

Had the school forced the kid out of school (That day they asked the parents to remove their kid and the parents said no). The school would get slammed for having an “agenda” having a liberal bias etc. 

since nothing would have happened the school couldn’t show they made the right decision 

schools are in an impossible position especially in places like Michigan. School boards control the school district and the boards are more frequently made up of  untrained parents and people who want to dictate policy and curriculum  to education professionals 
    Tell that to the 4 dead and the numerous injured plus the emotional scarring caused to the survivors, first responders..

Hurt feelings heal.  Dead is dead.  That’s why you call the police.  They have no emotional attachment to the situation.

These school officials fucked up and it cost peoples lives and they sent the kid back to class and never checked his back pack…

The school administrators should be terminated…hopefully the school board is sued into the ground.

It’s more than hurt feelings. It’s becoming very difficult to remove students from class. The admin asked the parents to take him home, but they said no and since it didn’t meet the standard for suspension they had to return him. Searching backpacks is a gray area, so if parents were being uncooperative, which sounds like they may have been, I wouldn’t expect a search either. Drawings like that unfortunately aren’t rare, they probably happen in every school. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mace1229 said:
    If the school officials had called the cops like YOU SHOULD DO in situations like this then everyone is likely alive, a 15 year old kid would be getting help needed (hopefully) and families aren’t grieving.  The school fucked up…

you can blame the Neanderthal parents if people choose…but calling the parents over qualified law enforcement to deal with this situation showed a serious lack of judgement by the school…

Expecting all parents to show good judgement is ludicrous.  The only qualification in being a parent is the ability to have sex.  I expect school board staff to be wiser than parents…
    The problem with that is there is a huge segment in society who want the parents to have complete control of what their kids learn and how a school operates. School boards are getting overrun with these kinds of people 

Had the school forced the kid out of school (That day they asked the parents to remove their kid and the parents said no). The school would get slammed for having an “agenda” having a liberal bias etc. 

since nothing would have happened the school couldn’t show they made the right decision 

schools are in an impossible position especially in places like Michigan. School boards control the school district and the boards are more frequently made up of  untrained parents and people who want to dictate policy and curriculum  to education professionals 
    Tell that to the 4 dead and the numerous injured plus the emotional scarring caused to the survivors, first responders..

Hurt feelings heal.  Dead is dead.  That’s why you call the police.  They have no emotional attachment to the situation.

These school officials fucked up and it cost peoples lives and they sent the kid back to class and never checked his back pack…

The school administrators should be terminated…hopefully the school board is sued into the ground.

It’s more than hurt feelings. It’s becoming very difficult to remove students from class. The admin asked the parents to take him home, but they said no and since it didn’t meet the standard for suspension they had to return him. Searching backpacks is a gray area, so if parents were being uncooperative, which sounds like they may have been, I wouldn’t expect a search either. Drawings like that unfortunately aren’t rare, they probably happen in every school. 
    That’s why you call the POLICE. Are these educators to stupid to call 911.   They must be stupid because they failed to call the cops.  I hope every fucking educator involved and could have made that call never get a good night sleep again…another example of overpaid government minions too stupid to make a simple call to actual experts…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mace1229 said:

I have read about other schools with zero tolerance for things like this and take them very seriously.  Any threat should be immediately investigated and if the kid is just joking around he will at least understand that his actions have consequences.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yeah, when my boy was in kindergarten, one of his classmates said out loud that he was going to go home, get his dad's gun, and shoot the teacher.

It was not taken lightly.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    dankind said:
    Yeah, when my boy was in kindergarten, one of his classmates said out loud that he was going to go home, get his dad's gun, and shoot the teacher.

I had the opposite experience 

when I was in high school my city had two high schools. I went to one and my stepfather was the principal of the other. One day a troubled female student threatened to shoot him. Police were immediately called she was arrested briefly and suspended. No gun was found and I believe she got probation in the juvenile system.

this was the 90’s in a state not unlike Michigan with gun culture. She definitely had access to one, it just was not on her the day the threat was made.

threat of a lawsuit came next as the school moved to expel her.  The solution (via the school board) was to put her in the other high school to avoid denying her an education 

the best part is I got to sit in class with her for a year and a half.   I’m sure my stepdad would have gotten fired for giving me a heads up as to my new classmate… student privacy and all. But he did anyway, but I couldn’t tell my friends to watch out for fear of the leaked information getting traced back to him via me. 

had she killed people who’s fault would it have been? Administration at the school level wanted her out.  

The problem is less of what to do when there is a threat, it’s about what to do after you address it. Kids have a legal right to a public education and after they address one issue the student is still the same person and still possibly a threat.  It’s a tough call based on a feeling or a threat but with no actual action 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    My wife is a high school teacher. She said that the procedure at her district is that the police get called for any threat or implied threat that involves firearms. They should have been called and had them determine what action to take. In the line of questioning, the fact that he had access to a firearm would have most likely come out, and probably would have resulted in his being removed from the school until he could have been evaluated by a professional. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    I worked for a school district and was with administrators all day.  I think you all would be appalled to find out what really goes on with every aspect of education.  Not saying that all are like this but I’m telling you it’s most.  The number one goal is to keep it all out of the news.  I had a superintendent crying hysterically knowing that an incident with the board would be reported to the news.  I’ve seen theft, embezzlement, suicide of an administrative assistant, attempted murder by arson, adultery, you name it, it happens in education. Education administrators, teachers,  
    who’ve never held positions outside of education go to school (k-12), go to college, then go right into schools to work never leave school mentality, don’t know how to deal with the real world and because the money they use and receive belongs to everyone just not one (like the owners of companies) they just don’t care.  I watched payroll not reconciled for 6 years and questioned it repeatedly but was ignored, that is until the embezzlement which resulted in suicide.  
    I only worked there 11 years after working in the real world for 23.  To say I was better off oblivious to the truth of education during my real world job would be an understatement. 
    For my mental and physical health I walked away from a job close to 6 figures because I just couldn’t handle it morally any longer.  School districts should do the right thing at all times no matter what and let the parents sue, there’s insurance for that.  I’m still embarrassed and feel guilt that I silently (not going public because I reported everything by chain of command) watched what I did before leaving.  
    And unfortunately I’m telling the complete truth because seriously I couldn’t make all this shit up.  
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814

U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting

Just a normal American…

How much money was invested in those guns? Probably a little more than the infamous cookware purchase made by the VP. But then again, fancy cookware isn't a necessity.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/education/student-arrested-threats-elyria-westwood-middle-school/95-88aa41ac-a561-43c4-898d-a372aae58a11

ELYRIA, Ohio — Elyria City Schools says a student has been arrested “in connection with threats that were directed at Westwood Middle School yesterday on social media.”

The district shared the news in a Facebook post Monday morning after they were notified of the student’s arrest by the Lorain County Sheriff's Department.

• I worked for a school district and was with administrators all day.  I think you all would be appalled to find out what really goes on with every aspect of education.  Not saying that all are like this but I’m telling you it’s most.  The number one goal is to keep it all out of the news.  I had a superintendent crying hysterically knowing that an incident with the board would be reported to the news.  I’ve seen theft, embezzlement, suicide of an administrative assistant, attempted murder by arson, adultery, you name it, it happens in education. Education administrators, teachers,  
    who’ve never held positions outside of education go to school (k-12), go to college, then go right into schools to work never leave school mentality, don’t know how to deal with the real world and because the money they use and receive belongs to everyone just not one (like the owners of companies) they just don’t care.  I watched payroll not reconciled for 6 years and questioned it repeatedly but was ignored, that is until the embezzlement which resulted in suicide.  
    I only worked there 11 years after working in the real world for 23.  To say I was better off oblivious to the truth of education during my real world job would be an understatement. 
    For my mental and physical health I walked away from a job close to 6 figures because I just couldn’t handle it morally any longer.  School districts should do the right thing at all times no matter what and let the parents sue, there’s insurance for that.  I’m still embarrassed and feel guilt that I silently (not going public because I reported everything by chain of command) watched what I did before leaving.  
    And unfortunately I’m telling the complete truth because seriously I couldn’t make all this shit up.  
    My gf works for an alternative school and she tells me all sorts of things.  Embezzling and adulatory aren't one of them thank goodness.  So yeah, some crazy stuff goes on in there.

The thought of a teacher possibly suffering from arrested development is a very interesting concept.
  • dankind said:

I had the opposite experience 

when I was in high school my city had two high schools. I went to one and my stepfather was the principal of the other. One day a troubled female student threatened to shoot him. Police were immediately called she was arrested briefly and suspended. No gun was found and I believe she got probation in the juvenile system.

this was the 90’s in a state not unlike Michigan with gun culture. She definitely had access to one, it just was not on her the day the threat was made.

threat of a lawsuit came next as the school moved to expel her.  The solution (via the school board) was to put her in the other high school to avoid denying her an education 

the best part is I got to sit in class with her for a year and a half.   I’m sure my stepdad would have gotten fired for giving me a heads up as to my new classmate… student privacy and all. But he did anyway, but I couldn’t tell my friends to watch out for fear of the leaked information getting traced back to him via me. 

had she killed people who’s fault would it have been? Administration at the school level wanted her out.  

The problem is less of what to do when there is a threat, it’s about what to do after you address it. Kids have a legal right to a public education and after they address one issue the student is still the same person and still possibly a threat.  It’s a tough call based on a feeling or a threat but with no actual action 
    I have mentioned before that if I was to do anything today in a school from when I went I would have been thrown out and jailed.  A few of us did stupid shit but that was just harmless horseplay.  Kids today act out on the stupid shit now.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    “If you’re not gonna do anything, then get out of the way, so some of us at the very least, can try.”

A must watch....

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    “If you’re not gonna do anything, then get out of the way, so some of us at the very least, can try.”

A must watch....

That was powerful.
    I worked for a school district and was with administrators all day.  I think you all would be appalled to find out what really goes on with every aspect of education.  Not saying that all are like this but I’m telling you it’s most.  The number one goal is to keep it all out of the news.  I had a superintendent crying hysterically knowing that an incident with the board would be reported to the news.  I’ve seen theft, embezzlement, suicide of an administrative assistant, attempted murder by arson, adultery, you name it, it happens in education. Education administrators, teachers,  
    My gf works for an alternative school and she tells me all sorts of things.  Embezzling and adulatory aren't one of them thank goodness.  So yeah, some crazy stuff goes on in there.

The thought of a teacher possibly suffering from arrested development is a very interesting concept.
    Perfect analogy!  So glad someone got what I was saying! 
    Hobbes said:

A must watch....

That was powerful.
    Yes it was.  

If you haven’t yet read “She said yes” please consider it.  It’s a memoir by Misty Bernall about the life of her daughter Cassie Bernall who was killed during the Columbine High School massacre.  
    mace1229 said:

That’s why you call the POLICE. Are these educators to stupid to call 911.   They must be stupid because they failed to call the cops.  I hope every fucking educator involved and could have made that call never get a good night sleep again…another example of overpaid government minions too stupid to make a simple call to actual experts…
    I believe the school has an SRO so I assume he was at least informed of the situation. If not, that’s a very poor use of an SRO.
  • Is this common among "responsible" gun owners?

Colorado GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert posted a Christmas photo of her family wielding rifles, joining a fellow Republican who was criticized for posting a similar photo after a high-school shooting.

Boebert posted the photo Tuesday. It shows her in front of a Christmas tree with her four sons, each of whom has a gun. She isn't armed in the photo, and it doesn't feature her husband.

Boebert is a vocal gun-rights activist who gained prominence last year after pledging to carry a gun around Congress when she was elected.

"The Boeberts have your six, @RepThomasMassie!" she wrote alongside the photo. 

Lauren Boebert posted her own Christmas photo brandishing assault rifles with her kids after a GOP rep was criticized for his (msn.com)

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    she should be charged with child endangerment, having her young kids pose with fucking war machines like that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• she should be charged with child endangerment, having her young kids pose with fucking war machines like that. 
    That pic I think it's a wee bit much too but I was 9 when I fired my first AR-15.  It wasn't until years later when I met anti-gun people that it wasn't something that everyone did...
    she should be charged with child endangerment, having her young kids pose with fucking war machines like that. 
    That pic I think it's a wee bit much too but I was 9 when I fired my first AR-15.  It wasn't until years later when I met anti-gun people that it wasn't something that everyone did...
    that's pure insanity. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Is this common among "responsible" gun owners?

Colorado GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert posted a Christmas photo of her family wielding rifles, joining a fellow Republican who was criticized for posting a similar photo after a high-school shooting.

Boebert posted the photo Tuesday. It shows her in front of a Christmas tree with her four sons, each of whom has a gun. She isn't armed in the photo, and it doesn't feature her husband.

Boebert is a vocal gun-rights activist who gained prominence last year after pledging to carry a gun around Congress when she was elected.

"The Boeberts have your six, @RepThomasMassie!" she wrote alongside the photo. 

Lauren Boebert posted her own Christmas photo brandishing assault rifles with her kids after a GOP rep was criticized for his (msn.com)

Seeing photos like this makes me shake my head in disbelief.  That's just me.  Responsible gun owners should be even more upset.  

I always see and hear that responsible gun owners take this shit seriously... but when you look at  a group of people and kids holding their guns as if they were toys... why are they not screaming for accountability? 

This would have been distasteful and dumb even if it weren't fresh off another school shooting. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    that's pure insanity. 

pure insanity is taking your similar age daughter to a range to live fire an uzi.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    that's pure insanity. 

pure insanity is taking your similar age daughter to a range to live fire an uzi.....
    who did that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• she should be charged with child endangerment, having her young kids pose with fucking war machines like that. 
    that's pure insanity. 
    Family full of military and cops.  Guns were part of our lives.  I grew up doing it so I don't see it as insane but I can understand why some would.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited December 2021
    If you look at the mags you can tell they are chambered for .22 LR (not that it makes it right).

I fired a shotgun for the first time around age 8, not really a big deal.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mickeyrat said:
    that's pure insanity. 

who did that?
    Not sure if this was what he was referring to or not, but several years ago a family took their 9 or 10 year old daughter to a range and had a professional teach her how to use a fully auto gun (could have been an uzi, I don’t remember.) she lost control when it was in full auto and killed the instructor. Made national news for a while.
    right. I remember that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.