Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    nicknyr15 said:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/01/21/new-york-police-shooting/

A teen working at Burger King, an 11 month old, these two officers, two other police officers. Great few weeks here in NYC. Good start to 2022 
    What does this even mean? Word salad is the order of the day.

Help me out, Yo!

A teen working at BK? Ok.

An 11th Month Old? Damn, they exist?

These Two police officers? Pretending, preeetending, to be two other police officers? GTFOOH! You better step away from the desk before your ass gets tazed! Wanna see a rooster?

Just move, it’s a free country.

Happy new year.
    WTF is this response? Are you kidding? All were injured or killed by gun violence in the past week and this is your response? Holy shit. Unless someone is talking about Texas or Florida I guess you get politically offended. What an awful way to have to view the world. Telling me to move? All you do is complain about this country. I’m talking about gun violence that’s happening where I live, in a gun violence thread and that’s the response? 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

A teen working at Burger King, an 11 month old, these two officers, two other police officers. Great few weeks here in NYC. Good start to 2022 

Help me out, Yo!

These Two police officers? Pretending, preeetending, to be two other police officers? GTFOOH! You better step away from the desk before your ass gets tazed! Wanna see a rooster?

Happy new year.
    WTF is this response? Are you kidding? All were injured or killed by gun violence in the past week and this is your response? Holy shit. Unless someone is talking about Texas or Florida I guess you get politically offended. What an awful way to have to view the world. Telling me to move? All you do is complain about this country. I’m talking about gun violence that’s happening where I live, in a gun violence thread and that’s the response? 
    If you move don’t move to Canada if you want healthcare.  I hear Finland is nice…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Help me out, Yo!

Happy new year.
    If you move don’t move to Canada if you want healthcare.  I hear Finland is nice…
    I’m never moving out of the Us. Out of NY? Most likely 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,673

Stray bullet kills English astrophysicist visiting Atlanta
    Today

BROOKHAVEN, Ga. (AP) — A stray bullet struck and killed an English astrophysicist while he was inside an Atlanta-area apartment, authorities say.

Matthew Willson, 31, of Chertsey, Surrey, England, was visiting his girlfriend in the United States when he was hit by a bullet that pierced the wall of the apartment. The shooting happened early Sunday morning, only three days into his visit.

“He was supposed to be here for three months because we’ve been long distance for a while,” Katherine Shepard, his girlfriend of three years, told WSB-TV. “I picked him up from the airport, took him to his favorite eating location, and the next day, he’s gone.”

Shepard, whose apartment is in the Atlanta suburb of Brookhaven, who told the television station that the couple woke up on Jan. 16 to the sound of more than 30 gunshots coming from an apartment complex directly behind Shepard’s. A bullet traveled through Shepard’s wall, hitting Willson, she said.

“I held him for another 20 minutes while we waited for the ambulance,” she said. “And while we were waiting, there were more gunshots fired.”

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Another “responsible” gun owner. Should she be allowed to keep her firearms?

Just before the Page County School Board voted Thursday night on whether to keep requiring masks in schools — as dozens of school districts throughout Virginia grappled this week with a hotly contested executive order from Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) declaring masks optional — parent Amelia King stepped to the microphone.

King said she had decided, against her normal custom, not to prepare a written statement for the evening’s public comment session, which was recorded on video and posted to YouTube. She warned that, “when I go off the cuff, I get really passionate.” Then she threatened the board with a promise to show up with guns if it did not make masking optional for the rural Virginia district of 3,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/01/21/covid-omicron-variant-live-updates/

Please tell me they arrested her?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,673

Just before the Page County School Board voted Thursday night on whether to keep requiring masks in schools — as dozens of school districts throughout Virginia grappled this week with a hotly contested executive order from Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) declaring masks optional — parent Amelia King stepped to the microphone.

King said she had decided, against her normal custom, not to prepare a written statement for the evening’s public comment session, which was recorded on video and posted to YouTube. She warned that, “when I go off the cuff, I get really passionate.” Then she threatened the board with a promise to show up with guns if it did not make masking optional for the rural Virginia district of 3,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/01/21/covid-omicron-variant-live-updates/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/page-county-woman-charged-after-comments-made-at-school-board-meeting/ar-AAT1b6L
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/page-county-woman-charged-after-comments-made-at-school-board-meeting/ar-AAT1b6L
    Thank God.

I don't understand why people think they can just mouth off something like that and expect nothing to happen...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    mickeyrat said:

Thank God.

I don't understand why people think they can just mouth off something like that and expect nothing to happen...
    It’s their god given right no 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    C’mon folks we can all agree there’s too many fucking guns in this country no? 
  • Options
    Well done to Mayor Adams in NYC. Less than 30 days into his job he came up with a comprehensive plan to try to get a hold on the gun violence. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Well done to Mayor Adams in NYC. Less than 30 days into his job he came up with a comprehensive plan to try to get a hold on the gun violence. 
    I'm rooting for him.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm rooting for him.
    I have a lot of faith in him. Unlike the last guy. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    Sadly, the second officer from the shooting on Friday has passed away. Sickening. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    nicknyr15 said:

Help me out, Yo!

Happy new year.
    Still trying to figure out what any of this means. And what kind of disgusting response this is to what transpired here in NYC over the course of a week. Maybe someone can help me out deciphering this?  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Help me out, Yo!

Happy new year.
    Still trying to figure out what any of this means. And what kind of disgusting response this is to what transpired here in NYC over the course of a week. Maybe someone can help me out deciphering this?  
    Not worth my effort. It won’t lead anywhere nor result in any difference of opinion, either yours or mine.

Have a nice day.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Help me out, Yo!

Happy new year.
    Not worth my effort. It won’t lead anywhere nor result in any difference of opinion, either yours or mine.

Have a nice day.
    Ha. Ok. But that insane two paragraph post in the middle of the night was worth your effort?  Yea. Sure. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    edited January 2022
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas.

Before winter break, 12-year-old Artemis Rayford wrote a letter to tell Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee that he opposed a new law reducing restrictions on guns. Before the end of that break, the sixth-grader would be shot and killed by one.

In his letter, Artemis told Lee (R) that his school’s anti-violence initiative with the Memphis Police Department had been discussing a law that went into effect in July, allowing people 21 and older, and military service members 18 and up, to carry a weapon without any training or permit.

He introduced himself as a student at Sherwood Middle School before writing his thoughts about the legislation.

“It is my opinion that this new law will be bad and people will be murdered,” Artemis’s letter said.

Shelby County Schools did not respond to a request for comment Saturday, and it was not clear whether the letter had been sent to Lee. The governor’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment Saturday afternoon.

12-year-old Artemis Rayford dies of a gunshot wound after writing Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee not to sign a bill expanding gun rights - The Washington Post

From 7 years ago but I suspect it was the same or similar this past Christmas as well.

27 Americans were shot and killed on Christmas day

In a grim reminder that violence in America never takes a holiday, 27 people were killed and 63 injured in shooting incidents on Christmas Day this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. This tally does not include people who shot themselves in suicide.

The number of Americans killed in gun homicides on Christmas Day is comparable to the number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in places like Australia or Britain. The 27 people killed by guns in America on Christmas this year is equal to the total number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined.

27 Americans were shot and killed on Christmas day - The Washington Post

Search Results (Incidents) | Gun Violence Archive

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas.

Before winter break, 12-year-old Artemis Rayford wrote a letter to tell Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee that he opposed a new law reducing restrictions on guns. Before the end of that break, the sixth-grader would be shot and killed by one.

In his letter, Artemis told Lee (R) that his school’s anti-violence initiative with the Memphis Police Department had been discussing a law that went into effect in July, allowing people 21 and older, and military service members 18 and up, to carry a weapon without any training or permit.

He introduced himself as a student at Sherwood Middle School before writing his thoughts about the legislation.

“It is my opinion that this new law will be bad and people will be murdered,” Artemis’s letter said.

Shelby County Schools did not respond to a request for comment Saturday, and it was not clear whether the letter had been sent to Lee. The governor’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment Saturday afternoon.

12-year-old Artemis Rayford dies of a gunshot wound after writing Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee not to sign a bill expanding gun rights - The Washington Post

From 7 years ago but I suspect it was the same or similar this past Christmas as well.

In a grim reminder that violence in America never takes a holiday, 27 people were killed and 63 injured in shooting incidents on Christmas Day this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. This tally does not include people who shot themselves in suicide.

The number of Americans killed in gun homicides on Christmas Day is comparable to the number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in places like Australia or Britain. The 27 people killed by guns in America on Christmas this year is equal to the total number of people killed in gun homicides in an entire year in Austria, New Zealand, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Bermuda, Hong Kong and Iceland, combined.

Ha. Yes. Indeed. Insane. You post an article about Tennessee (R). What does that have to do with my post and your response  What does any of this mean

?? what is this. None of what happened in NYC over the course of last week bothers you at all. I understand. Your politics won’t let you get upset over it. You’re awaiting the next shooting in Texas, or Florida, or the next Crazy white guy with an AR right? Disgusting. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Ha. Yes. Indeed. Insane. You post an article about Tennessee (R). What does that have to do with my post and your response  What does any of this mean

?? what is this. None of what happened in NYC over the course of last week bothers you at all. I understand. Your politics won’t let you get upset over it. You’re awaiting the next shooting in Texas, or Florida, or the next Crazy white guy with an AR right? Disgusting. 
    It’s a gun violence thread.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Amazoncom Pegatinas de pared con cita de Alicia en el pas de las  maravillas - We 39re All Mad Here - Cheshire Cat Sayings cita Sonrisa Gato  Nios Nias Nios Nios Beb
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Please translate the bolded. Thank you in advance 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

See my previous response. Thank you.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

See my previous response. Thank you.
    Just admit that your comment made no sense and that you posted bullshit without even reading the article or being aware of what was happen in NYC. Just admit it. Since when do you have nothing to say? I’ve seen you post paragraphs responding to obvious trolls here but this isn’t worth your effort? What does this mean?:

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Ok so what would you suggest to the mayor on how to fix the problem? I asked a question up a couple of posts not one person answered I’ll ask again, Surely we can all agree theirs too many damn guns in this nation! Somewhere above 400 million of them!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Ok so what would you suggest to the mayor on how to fix the problem? I asked a question up a couple of posts not one person answered I’ll ask again, Surely we can all agree theirs too many damn guns in this nation! Somewhere above 400 million of them!
    You have to change a culture, a mindset.  NY already has some of the toughest gun laws in the US.  Changing the socioeconomics of certain areas would help too.

Remove all the guns you want but they will still be here.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Obviously Jose. I don’t understand your response to my post. I’ve done nothing but complain about the insane amount of gun violence in NYC and it bothers certain people here because they get offended politically. And our current mayor has already put his plan into place on how he intends to combat it, which I praised In an earlier post, unlike our last trash mayor. I’m still, a week later, trying to figure out wtf Halifax response meant or how it adds to any sort of discussion. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Obviously Jose. I don’t understand your response to my post. I’ve done nothing but complain about the insane amount of gun violence in NYC and it bothers certain people here because they get offended politically. And our current mayor has already put his plan into place on how he intends to combat it, which I praised In an earlier post, unlike our last trash mayor. I’m still, a week later, trying to figure out wtf Halifax response meant or how it adds to any sort of discussion. 
    Fair enough I won’t venture into city with all these shootings and will see how Adams does I’m not praising him till results are evident, I’m sure he know the demographics of who are the ones with most guns in our city I’m curious to see how he handles it!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ha, indeed. Insane.

Fair enough I won’t venture into city with all these shootings and will see how Adams does I’m not praising him till results are evident, I’m sure he know the demographics of who are the ones with most guns in our city I’m curious to see how he handles it!
    I don’t blame you. It’s scary. I’m praising the fact that he actually has a plan. I’m hoping it works. I have faith in him and our new police commissioner. 
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.