Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Well my dear friends its  bad news. 
    My dad has been told today its  terminal and chemo may prolong it a bit
     Life is short  and im wasting mine. Guilty  and lost  and pathetic is how i feel. 
    His wife doesnt  like me i want  to be with him.  I must find  courage and walk through fire once again.  All i can do is get drunk and hide. Illness is surrounding me. 
    Love to all  of you my friends.  
    Be sound. 
    I’m so sorry, Rob.

The best you can do? Get drunk and tune everything out? You know that’s just a bandaid. Be strong as you can for him, for your family, for yourself.

You’re have more mettle than you believe. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
     Life is short  and im wasting mine. Guilty  and lost  and pathetic is how i feel. 
    His wife doesnt  like me i want  to be with him.  I must find  courage and walk through fire once again.  All i can do is get drunk and hide. Illness is surrounding me. 
    Be sound. 
    I’m so sorry, Rob.

The best you can do? Get drunk and tune everything out? You know that’s just a bandaid. Be strong as you can for him, for your family, for yourself.

You’re have more mettle than you believe. 
    agree with this. you'll be full of regret if you stay away because of his wife. I understand the urge to medicate to ease these situations, but it won't help. you will honestly help yourself if you choose to be there for him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Be sound. 
    Love to you, Rob. 
  • Options
    Love to you all. My friends 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Please, be really kind to yourself. Now is not the time to be harsh.
  • Options
    This-

• Options
    Anxiety is through the bloody roof right now. The next hour will change my life.

I will prevail. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    hedonist said:
    Anxiety is through the bloody roof right now. The next hour will change my life.

I will prevail. 
    Whatever it is you’re going through right now, yes you will!! 🤞🏻
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

I will prevail. 
    Whatever it is you’re going through right now, yes you will!! 🤞🏻
    Thank you.  I WILL :)
  • Options
    Best of love and light hedo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    This-

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    This-

Love this! Sometimes the hardest battles to fight are the ones within yourself.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Yeah @Poncier

• Options
    Even im sick of me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Christmas 

• Options
    3 am .  So low and afraid no meds. Or anything help.  I cannot be
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Hi Rob, my advice to you would be to find an online support group that is specifically for family members of terminally ill patients. Maybe they have a group on Reddit? It helps so much to "be around" people who are going through the same thing you are. You don't feel as alone. I hope you feel better today. ❤️
  • Options
    Hi Rob, my advice to you would be to find an online support group that is specifically for family members of terminally ill patients. Maybe they have a group on Reddit? It helps so much to "be around" people who are going through the same thing you are. You don't feel as alone. I hope you feel better today. ❤️
    I would also suggest your local hospital online for support groups. When my father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I found a support group for kids who’s parents are passing and my mom found one for spouses.

im sure they do them online Zia zoom and the such right now. Above is correct sometimes talking to those who are going thru the same thing can be very helpful.

that is not me or anyone else saying done share your feelings here because you total can but this may put you in touch with people whom have a better understanding of what you are currently going thru.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    edited December 2021
    Im not sure its my dad thats done me. 
    My daughter  is ill again and i cant cope. With my step son at college. Its coming. I feel imminent  danger. I have so many symptoms  that make me believe im dying . I took some meds and knocked myself out for the last 24 hrs . I didn't want it to end. Now im awake and its horrendous  its never going to end until i die. Its everything.  I hate myself so fucking much but im full of love it makes no sence  why i suffer beyond  whats copeable  . I really am lost. The dr is not an option nobody  can get help here anymore  its all gone  so far down  hill.
    Lost and alone and desperate. 
    But i know thats wrong and selfish  so many are coping with  much more better than me.  Guilt is heavy
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    This site is all i visit  now. I took advice of a board member and stopped even you tube. I have no outlet or anything.  I havent drank for 2 days because i was  abusing it and ii feels dirty and wrong. But at the same time i loved it for a small while. 
    I cant keep doing  this to these people.
    I want to run and hide and die in a bush.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    @lastexitlondon I bet you're a really great dad and you sound like you're being really hard on yourself. I don't think it's right to compare yourself to others as everyone is different including circumstances. I really enjoyed listening to Louise Hay meditations (on youtube) a while back, that seemed to help me. It sounds like you may benefit from further healthy outlets (not necessarily online) to deal with so many things going on around you. You're not alone and reaching out is always good. If there's anything I can do to try and help let me know xxx

• Options
    Thank  you.  Just to get  it out here is better  than not . I don't want to put on anyone  as there are people here in bad situations . 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Thank  you.  Just to get  it out here is better  than not . I don't want to put on anyone  as there are people here in bad situations . 

That's cool, do you have any pets? 
  • Options
    No. 2 fish.
    Im not an animal man unfortunately 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688
    shame. dogs can have a way about them..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ah well, im sure they're lovely fish... I'd recommend one of these - 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Ah well, im sure they're lovely fish... I'd recommend one of these - 

An Earth Ewok?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Gosh I‘d love an Ewok :)