Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,782
    edited October 2021
    PJNB said:
    If they do MSG X 4 March 8-13 timeframe do people think all 4 of those shows would not sell out? I think they would. I also think the arenas that sold out last year will sell out again and the ones that do not are going to have a lot of empty seats on the back of the stage. QC front seats were sold out but back there were a ton left.
    Yes, MSG Philly etc would sell out as they always do.   I’m more so thinking of a scenario where OKC or St Louis happen on a Wednesday night in March with only 1-2 months notice….  Going to be a lot of empty seats in that one

Side note, headed to my second arena show tonight since things picked back up again

TwentyOnePilots at TD Garden, should be a great one

I think you are right if they do not give us more time this go around demand will be less for sure. The rush of the initial sale will be what it is though and if they can not sell out lets say Denver or Ottawa right away I really wonder how many sales they get with an extra month or two notice than we usually get. Are we talking hundreds more? Tens more? Thousands more? I think they do what is right business wise (insurance policy) and covid policy wise and announce when it makes sense for them to do so. I do not see them being rushed with the announcement to get more seat sales but that is just a guess on my part. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    I refunded the last of my shows besides Baltimore the other day.  

I disagree with whoever said there wont be empty arenas.  There will be.  Not everywhere, but there will be some.  QBC wasn’t even sold out before the pandemic, and now with mention of 10k+ seats to sell, you don’t think that show will be empty?
    I think we have different definitions of empty. 

Who said 10k tickets to sell? Sounds like pure speculation to me (which is all of this thread). 
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7365886#Comment_7365880

Here is the link to the thread with the Tremblay interview. He talks about over half the arena still needs to sell and that was back in June. Gotta be more now that refunded I would imagine. 10K tickets are still sold after refunds. 
  • Options
    The leafs are selling half packs. I’ve never seen that before. I was at the home opener and it wasn’t sold out but still pretty full. I think raptors might be having a similar issue but too early to tell since they’ve only had one game at home. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    JojoRice said:
    Short South American tour in September followed by some US dates in Oct/Nov? 
    If they really are playing a SA leg in the Fall, and considering we havent even heard about the first leg of NA Tour.... I think whats more realistic would be

Expanded NA tour Feb/March/April (big tour)
    Europe June/July
    Ballparks August (5-7 shows Max)
    SA September (5-7 shows, mostly festivals)
    And maybe AUS in Dec/Jan

I would be willing to bet alot of money that they wont play 4 full legs of shows in a 1 year period.  
    That's a really ambitious projection on your part for a band that hasn't shown a lot of touring energy the past several years.

I mean, I hope they surprise the lot of us. At the same time, I don't count on them to do it anymore.

It's easily explainable:
    2021 - COVID
    2020 - COVID
    2019 - Studio time with plans to "gig a ton" in 2020.
    2018 - Tour in three continents with plans to release an album which got delayed.
    2017 - Not much
    2016 - Tour like 2018, but more USA dates...and even Canada too.
    2015 - Not much

If that 2018 album wasn't delayed and if no COVID, things look a lot different.

2021 - ??
    2020 - Tour?
    2019 - Tour
    2018 - South America and Europe tour...with a new album.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Anyone think there’s anything to the order of shows on Ticketmaster?

Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Baltimore 
    New York
    Quebec
    St Louis
    Nashville
    Phoenix
    LA
    LA
    OKC
    Denver
    SD
    Toronto 

[Oakland shows listed randomly for later on]

Even if COVID didn't exist, fewer crossings are always better.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    SHN and Ohana Encore were great, but after last night, TwentyOnePilots has solidified themselves as, in my opinion, the best live act in music right now

What an absolutely incredible performance last night 

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    edited October 2021
    ^dude I can’t wait for the Atlanta run soon
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited October 2021
    SHN and Ohana Encore were great, but after last night, TwentyOnePilots has solidified themselves as, in my opinion, the best live act in music right now

I would hope a band that has been around 30 years isn't the best touring act out there right now.  
  • Options

I would hope a band that has been around 30 years isn't the best touring act out there right now.  
    31.  And they’re the best for my money.  With the exception that, you know, they’re not actually touring.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,902
    PJNB said:

Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Baltimore 
    New York
    Quebec
    St Louis
    Nashville
    Phoenix
    LA
    LA
    OKC
    Denver
    SD
    Toronto 

Not a chance. 

Yeah those Canadian dates if true would be messed up;
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:

Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Baltimore 
    New York
    Quebec
    St Louis
    Nashville
    Phoenix
    LA
    LA
    OKC
    Denver
    SD
    Toronto 

Not a chance. 

Yeah those Canadian dates if true would be messed up;
    While unlikely, I could see them hitting the first 3 in the order shown even though there’s an extra border but Toronto at the end doesn’t make sense.  Anyway, we need an update! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,534
    I would have Hamilton start and QC, Ottawa, and Toronto wrap things up. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    There were some ballpark rumors floating around. Was there anything credible, or any inside information to those?
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,233
    3days said:
    There were some ballpark rumors lfloating around. Was there anything credible, or any inside information to those?
    Let’s do Fenway summer ‘22!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,211
    My guess will be spring of 2022. East Coast.
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    One of the things they might be considering is trying to make the new shows very close to the timing of the old shows.

If they change up the days of the week, a lot of people might not be able to go if they're travelling.  
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    smak said:
    One of the things they might be considering is trying to make the new shows very close to the timing of the old shows.

If they change up the days of the week, a lot of people might not be able to go if they're travelling.  
    This won’t be possible. Finding dates in between other concerts, the NBA and NHL the order of the cities won’t be the same let alone the days of the week. 

• Options
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:

This won’t be possible. Finding dates in between other concerts, the NBA and NHL the order of the cities won’t be the same let alone the days of the week. 

There could be more availability in April/May once playoffs begin.
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:

I would guess they would much rather the certainty of the regular season schedule vs the randomness of the playoffs. TO 2016 worked out ok since it was the end of the tour and only moved 1 day but watching scoreboards and series lengths is not ideal as a travelling fan.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    PJNB said:
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:

I would guess they would much rather the certainty of the regular season schedule vs the randomness of the playoffs. TO 2016 worked out ok since it was the end of the tour and only moved 1 day but watching scoreboards and series lengths is not ideal as a travelling fan.  
    The great TBD debacle of 2010 that turned Boston 2 into Newark should never be repeated. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:

Looks like plenty of availability in Toronto in April/May based on the Leafs and Raptors first few games.

• Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105

I saw them years ago (when they were first getting noticed) and really wasn't impressed. When I see a live show, I want to see the music played, not just a drummer and a singer running around to some backing tracks. 
  • Options
    Manu117 said:

I saw them years ago (when they were first getting noticed) and really wasn't impressed. When I see a live show, I want to see the music played, not just a drummer and a singer running around to some backing tracks. 
    I get that.  I’ve seen them many times since 2011 and this was by far the best performance.  

I think they cut a lot of the backing tracks out as they have now incorporated a touring band to back them up.  Also, Tyler has really expanded his use of instruments and has developed excellent control of his vocals since I saw them last in 2016. 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:

The great TBD debacle of 2010 that turned Boston 2 into Newark should never be repeated. 
    I had a friend with connections at TD and even he didn't know what was going for a long time. Sounds like the band tried hard to get a 2nd night locked in. They more than made up for it. Deep cuts, great setlist. Easily in my top 5 shows 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    uglybabo said:
    smak said:

I had a friend with connections at TD and even he didn't know what was going for a long time. Sounds like the band tried hard to get a 2nd night locked in. They more than made up for it. Deep cuts, great setlist. Easily in my top 5 shows 
    Newark wasn’t too shabby either 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
    Creed > TwentyOnePilots
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options

Just landed a pair for the just announced surprise Foo Fighters show in Cleveland on Thursday!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882

Just landed a pair for the just announced surprise Foo Fighters show in Cleveland on Thursday!!!

Sweet score!!!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,948
    Cmon PJ!!!  Release the US dates!!  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    I'm torn between thinking what the Foo are doing is cool and still somehow being annoyed every time I see Dave Grohl. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."