Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    Is this the Quebec news? According to Facebook this show will be happening "this winter."
    Yes and this is where they got it from. Announcement is imminent apparently but wanted confirmation from a fan from here that could translate. My wife, sisters, and mother are all bilingual. They are not answering their phone though lol. This is the first time in my whole Canadian life I think that I feel like not having french past 10th grade has failed me. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    If they're holding off based on the fact that fans travel to see them, I find that odd.  They're not the only band that has fans traveling abroad.  Also, if certain countries are at different points in their pandemic "recovery" then shows can be scheduled accordingly.  I don't know.  The band owes us shit, so I'm not complaining.  It continues to strike me as odd that they have said nothing at all though.  A simple, "we're hoping to reschedule the 2020 shows for Spring of 2022...stay tuned" would suffice.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,439
    I’m not seeing the international travel angle being the reason. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Are winter shows in Quebec common? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    This is of course an uncommon situation. 

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,228
    Looks like GNR dropped Toronto completely from their new dates.  Good job Canada and Ontario governments.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    PJNB said:
    He says winter/spring, then later adds that the band is currently working on dates but he thinks February/March. Also said about 10,000 tickets are currently sold (after refunds). 
  • Options

A friend of mine from QC translated the above for me. Lets Go. I dont give a shit if its in the winter or not I will take it!
  • Options
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    He says winter/spring, then later adds that the band is currently working on dates but he thinks February/March. Also said about 10,000 tickets are currently sold (after refunds). 
    Awesome thanks!! Thats is a shit ton of tickets to sell again but know they will go fast except the behind the stage. 
  • Options
    Spring 2022. It's all happening!

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited June 2021
    I think there’s a high chance they would reschedule the US shows for this fall and the 4 Canada shows in spring 2022

Nothing saying they can’t break the initial tour up into two segments 

Canada shows would line up nicely with some new Northeast US and Midwest shows as well since those are what’s missing from the initial tour
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    I think by the fall most Canadians will have 2 doses.    The amount of vaccinne we're getting keeps increasing, especially with the US hitting a saturation point.  By the fall we'll probably have more vaccinated people than the US.

I guess the problem is taking the risk of scheduling a Canadian show before border restrictions and lockdown measures are lifted.

Given that I have Oakland tickets, and I need to cross the border, and I still need the 2nd vaccine, I'm totally ok if the winter/spring rumour is true :)  I'm sure this applies to a lot of fans.

Doesn't surprise me that PJ isn't trying to be first out of the gate.   Fans travel to lots of bands shows, but I think PJ has more than most.    They built their career on varied setlists, creating a culture of going to lots of shows.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    PJNB said:

A friend of mine from QC translated the above for me. Lets Go. I dont give a shit if its in the winter or not I will take it!

I'll take it too. Whoooo hoooo!!!
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,231
    I’m not there yet, but if the next couple weeks pass and we don’t even get a vague update or something saying they’re working on the dates, then I’m chalking it up to some sort of internal disagreement to be honest
    They have had 14 months to think about the different scenarios, and the promoters have gotten the green light.  Something doesn’t add up if this drags out beyond mid to end of June.

The last couple of weeks, concert announcements have been rolling out by the day, and many days, by the hour.  So the silence makes less and less sense as the days go on.
    It really does have to be internal disagreement.  There are a few things:
    1st - This isn't even serious at this point (it never really was but that's another topic)
    2nd - There are events commencing of 100k plus person festivals (outdoors 150k vs 18k indoor - its really negligible - if you have ever been at a 3 or 4 day festival you know those outdoor showers/bathrooms/camping locations are trash - an arena for 5 hours is FAR cleaner/safer)
    3rd - There are a plethora of internal arena shows being announced, with more coming every week.
    4th - "The Science" has already said everything was fine as of like 4 weeks ago and it's still radio silence.

Maybe the band is just gonna retire. Have they just lost interest due to this sedimentary lifestyle that was forced on everyone?  Every other 2020 tour has been rescheduled already or they were canceled.  This band is the last band standing, and quite frankly, they have the most dedicated fans that they are just fucking over with no updates.  Seems bizarre that the most loyal fans are treated the worst.
  • Options
    Maybe, now give me a second here this might just sound crazy, just maybe the band has been waiting until a date they felt comfortable with with the reschedules and not being in a position to constantly have to push those dates over and over again like all of the other bands. Of course I want more communication. Of course I want to know the dates right now. But I do appreciate the band keeping the shows that they had and allowing us to keep our tickets. The shows will happen next spring it looks like and I can not fucking wait. 
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    Maybe the band is just gonna retire. Have they just lost interest due to this sedimentary lifestyle that was forced on everyone?  Every other 2020 tour has been rescheduled already or they were canceled.  This band is the last band standing, and quite frankly, they have the most dedicated fans that they are just fucking over with no updates.  Seems bizarre that the most loyal fans are treated the worst.
    This seems silly. For one thing every member of the band has been releasing solo projects. None of them have lost interest because of the "sedentary lifestyle that was forced on everyone." Who was forced to be sedentary, btw? 

A better guess is that they don't want to play indoors unless they can do it safely. Their concerns as a band are a lot different than most other bands. They also know that having "vaccinated" and "unvaccinated" sections where some people are wearing masks is just public health theater. 

I think they'll announce the rescheduled dates soon. I also hope they announce a couple of warm up shows at the newly renovated arena in Seattle. It was literally built with the idea of hosting PJ shows. I will say that the lack of rumors in Seattle about the band is impressive. There hasn't been a credible stream of rumors in Seattle about Pearl Jam shows or albums for 20 years. Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say. 

It will happen when it happens. If it doesn't then they had a good run, and have you heard of the Black Tones, A. Swayze, Sons, or Idles? Rock and roll marches on.
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,228
    They’re not fucking anyone over with no updates.  It’s all but certain they are set to announce March 2022.  Does it really matter if it takes a few more days to confirm? We all have tickets already, at least whoever was able to get before and decided to keep.  I’d like the answer as well but I don’t think they’re F’ing with us.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Sigh

• Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    I’m not there yet, but if the next couple weeks pass and we don’t even get a vague update or something saying they’re working on the dates, then I’m chalking it up to some sort of internal disagreement to be honest
    They have had 14 months to think about the different scenarios, and the promoters have gotten the green light.  Something doesn’t add up if this drags out beyond mid to end of June.

The last couple of weeks, concert announcements have been rolling out by the day, and many days, by the hour.  So the silence makes less and less sense as the days go on.
    1st - This isn't even serious at this point (it never really was but that's another topic)
    2nd - There are events commencing of 100k plus person festivals (outdoors 150k vs 18k indoor - its really negligible - if you have ever been at a 3 or 4 day festival you know those outdoor showers/bathrooms/camping locations are trash - an arena for 5 hours is FAR cleaner/safer)
    3rd - There are a plethora of internal arena shows being announced, with more coming every week.
    4th - "The Science" has already said everything was fine as of like 4 weeks ago and it's still radio silence.

these things have always taken time with PJ. There's a lot of moving parts and what not. And they probably want to ensure they can play to a full crowd, safely for them and for the attendees. And the science hasn't said everything is fine. Only if you're vaccinated so maybe they're still working on the logistics of all this. Plus it's probably more difficult to plan for next year knowing that a lot of locations will have relaxed or different requirements by then, so how do you factor that in now when you dont know for sure. 

Guaranteed they are not retiring and they want to tour again.

Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I’d be happy to just get to go to the shows that I’m holding tickets for, but wishlist? How about another show in Hi...it’s been a long time!
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited June 2021
    I just hope the band puts as much effort into their day jobs as all their other side projects and non musical initiatives.  They have built a great legacy and have accomplished almost everything so it wouldn't surprise me if they just rode off into the sunset.  
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    vedpunk said:
    I just hope the band puts as much effort into their day jobs as all their other side projects and non musical initiatives.  They have built a great legacy and have accomplished almost everything so it wouldn't surprise me if they just rode off into the sunset.  
    they just came out with an album they were ready to tour for. They ain't done yet. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,000
    PJNB said:
    Maybe, now give me a second here this might just sound crazy, just maybe the band has been waiting until a date they felt comfortable with with the reschedules and not being in a position to constantly have to push those dates over and over again like all of the other bands. Of course I want more communication. Of course I want to know the dates right now. But I do appreciate the band keeping the shows that they had and allowing us to keep our tickets. The shows will happen next spring it looks like and I can not fucking wait. 
    But don’t they also spend all their time on internet message boards driving themselves crazy flinging rumors and hopes and theories off one another, to the point where they seem genuinely confused about why a band wouldn’t put out a public statement that says “nothing to report”?
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    Everyone is back on the board complaining and speculating about future tour dates & the status of the band’s psyche. Nature is healing!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201

Pearl Jam is notorious for taking there time with stuff.   Does it really surprise you they'd be one of the last bands to reschedule their tours?   They tend to err completely on the side of caution (ergo being the first band to postpone their tour when Covid started getting serious).   

Probably radio silence because that's what PJ does with every tour.  They pretty much say nothing until the dates get announced.  They don't spill any beans except for maybe a week before a little birdie will chirp about making sure you buy a 10c membership (which I'm guessing won't apply this time).  Communication has never really been PJ's strongpoint.  They announce stuff when it's ready to be announced.  They say very little until they want it to public.  Is that great?  not really.  Is it typical for this band, yah.

Not every cancelled 2020 tour has been rescheduled.   I don't think Tool or the Rolling Stones have rescheduled yet either.

At this point it's just snowballing.   GNR and FF released some dates today.  Every day more and more bands are figuring out their stuff.

I don't think PJ not being at the front of the pack warrants panick.   It's pretty typical for this band.  I'm ok with that... it's whart I've come to expect.  They'll probably do those few dates this year, and make up the cancelled tours in 2022.   We'll get the shows.. just a few months later then some of these early bands.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,486

This is a very strange take.  

1.  Are you saying the pandemic isnt serious at this point? And was never serious?
    2. Yes some things are scheduled. The Indy 500 just had the largest public gathering since the start of the pandemic....135,000 people...but that was still just 40% capacity.  It will be interesting to see how cases are in 14 days. But I agree that things are winding down at the moment. 
    3.  Those could all still be cancelled.  Some things are still getting moved. 
    4. I dont think "The Science" has said "everything is fine!" at all.   I think they said, "ok, with good weather, some outdoor stuff is ok, and some indoor restrictions are in place, but we are moving in an ok place."   but that is all basically the US, not necessarily other countries, esp Canada, and Canada is a part of that tour.  
    I dont think they all lost interest, I think they are trying to figure out how do deal with a tour that has border crossings for both the band and the fans.  

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    But don’t they also spend all their time on internet message boards driving themselves crazy flinging rumors and hopes and theories off one another, to the point where they seem genuinely confused about why a band wouldn’t put out a public statement that says “nothing to report”?
    I feel like you are lumping a lot of different people all into the same category though. I enjoy the rumours and speculations that come from other fans whether it is a dead end or not. It is fun to chase down for some and it appears thats just not for you which is fine but what I am not sure is why it bothers you so much.  Not all rumour threads can have Dimi in it telling us the colour of the arena and the mascot name is as hints with us skattering around looking to find the answers. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,000
    PJNB said:
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    I feel like you are lumping a lot of different people all into the same category though. I enjoy the rumours and speculations that come from other fans whether it is a dead end or not. It is fun to chase down for some and it appears thats just not for you which is fine but what I am not sure is why it bothers you so much.  Not all rumour threads can have Dimi in it telling us the colour of the arena and the mascot name is as hints with us skattering around looking to find the answers. 
    Oh don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the rumors and speculation as much as the next person; it’s a big part of why I come here. But I don’t think that my consumption of, or participation in, those rumors and speculation creates any kind of obligation on the part of the band or anyone else to address them. We all need to remind ourselves sometimes that this is an echo chamber full of lunatics, and that outside in the real world there’s nothing strange at all about a band not making a tour announcement until there’s a tour to announce.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    tdawe said:
    PJNB said:
    Oh don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the rumors and speculation as much as the next person; it’s a big part of why I come here. But I don’t think that my consumption of, or participation in, those rumors and speculation creates any kind of obligation on the part of the band or anyone else to address them. We all need to remind ourselves sometimes that this is an echo chamber full of lunatics, and that outside in the real world there’s nothing strange at all about a band not making a tour announcement until there’s a tour to announce.
    Agree with you 100% there. Hopefully this QC radio snippet is true and we get something soon though. Us loonies are getting restless lol. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    Did anybody catch game 7 last night?  We’re moving on to Winnipeg baby.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....????