Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    on2legs said:
    angry go away GIF

I don't know the story of why they hate one another so much. I should read up. 
    There's an Andy Summers documentary about the Police on Amazon Prime streaming if you have an account.  Sting and Stuart don't participate but I still found it pretty interesting.  
    I do, thanks for the tip! Going to watch it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    i mentioned about the band losing interest being the reason for the delays and the newsletter is just another point for the general lack of interest the band has these days.... of all the shows they havent released like MIA which people have been waiting on since the show happened, they do ANOTHER reissue? and the sweatshirt lacks all creativity... its as basic of a design as it gets but it will sell out so who cares right? they are the last major act to not announce official new dates or just play since the start of the pandemic as well... the sad part is im starting to hear more and more of a lack of interest from 10c as well and the word "refund" is becoming more and more frequent... they better know what they are doing and it better be big because a tour that is just "meh" is gonna have more people jumping ship and spending money elsewhere. I hate to be the bad news bear here lol but eddie seems like he would rather headline solo at this point and the rest of the band has been quiet. no brad, no tres mts, nothing. as fans sit here in the dark, tickets and hotels in hand waiting for what will probably wind up being close to 2 years. like i said, they better know what they are doing lol
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    dtr0624 said:
    i mentioned about the band losing interest being the reason for the delays and the newsletter is just another point for the general lack of interest the band has these days.... of all the shows they havent released like MIA which people have been waiting on since the show happened, they do ANOTHER reissue? and the sweatshirt lacks all creativity... its as basic of a design as it gets but it will sell out so who cares right? they are the last major act to not announce official new dates or just play since the start of the pandemic as well... the sad part is im starting to hear more and more of a lack of interest from 10c as well and the word "refund" is becoming more and more frequent... they better know what they are doing and it better be big because a tour that is just "meh" is gonna have more people jumping ship and spending money elsewhere. I hate to be the bad news bear here lol but eddie seems like he would rather headline solo at this point and the rest of the band has been quiet. no brad, no tres mts, nothing. as fans sit here in the dark, tickets and hotels in hand waiting for what will probably wind up being close to 2 years. like i said, they better know what they are doing lol
    Just a few thoughts on this...

-Reissue: are you talking about Vault 1 on vinyl? This is something that a lot of people have been asking about for years. And it wouldn't surprise me if there are other albums that get reissued at some point (Lost Dogs, RVM, Vault 2 and possible even Benaroya Hall). There are a ton of shows that I wish they'd release/reissue (PJ20 for one), but this Vault makes sense to me.
    -Their shirts & sweatshirts are hit & miss & have been for a long time. 
    -Pandemic: They've rescheduled the Euro tour and did play a few festival shows this year. I went to Ohana weekend 1 and the majority of the bands at that festival said (from the stage) that this was the first show they'd played in 15+ months, so they aren't alone there. The rescheduled US dates will come, but I certainly understand their hesitancy with Covid still going on. As far as the last major act, that is not true. There are plenty of others that are waiting this out.
    -10C: People want to be refunded because the dates haven't been announced yet, which makes sense. I kept one show and was refunded for the other. When the new schedule comes out, I will be trying to add that show back. Some people have thousands of dollars tied up into that tour and they are more than welcome to ask for a refund then try for tickets again later on. They also have travel funds/points that will expire, so they are pivoting towards other trips, which also makes sense.
    -Eddie Solo: I think he's definitely excited about both PJ and playing solo. That was apparent at Ohana & he had a blast with both groups. The other members of PJ were definitely excited as well. I think we see some EV solo dates after PJ plays the US tour, not before.
    -Brad: Sadly, Shawn Smith passed away. They will not be touring again, but Stone has mentioned that there is some unreleased studio and live material that will come out.
    -Tres Mts: They haven't done anything in years, so this isn't surprising

Just my $0.02.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,004
    Visiting this thread every morning is starting to feel like waking up in Punxsutawney with “I Got You Babe” playing on the clock radio. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,615
    tdawe said:
    Eddie made the NYT Crossword this morning. MSG announcement imminent?
    Looking down at MSG December 2019…so close yet so far away. Who could have known then:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,066
    tdawe said:
    Visiting this thread every morning is starting to feel like waking up in Punxsutawney with “I Got You Babe” playing on the clock radio. 
    YES!  Totally agree. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    edited November 2021
    dtr0624 said:
    ... the sad part is im starting to hear more and more of a lack of interest from 10c as well and the word "refund" is becoming more and more frequent... they better know what they are doing and it better be big because a tour that is just "meh" is gonna have more people jumping ship and spending money elsewhere. I hate to be the bad news bear here lol but eddie seems like he would rather headline solo at this point and the rest of the band has been quiet. no brad, no tres mts, nothing. as fans sit here in the dark, tickets and hotels in hand waiting for what will probably wind up being close to 2 years. like i said, they better know what they are doing lol
    Agreed.  Time to move on with the shows or retire from touring, because I'm not paying my annual dues to get a monthly email.  And as good as they were, I will never see another Ed solo show again, even if he brings a new super band with him.  The kids are getting restless and want some answers.  If one of the core 5 members, not named Ed or Mike, is holding this up then perhaps it's time to replace just that one member just for this tour (cue the homer hateful replies).

I wouldn't be so sour if I haven't had so much money collecting interest for someone else for nearly two years.  That being said, it's not about the money, it's the principle behind it.  And no...I am not going to ask for a refund at this point.  Worst case scenario I can wait a little longer, but it's starting to get on my nerves now that SHN & Ohana have come and gone over a month ago.  If they're not going to come out with a full tour schedule yet, at least give us a rough estimate for when that announcement MAY come...for example, I think we'd be satisfied with one of the members officially saying that the details will be finalized and announced no later than the end of January.  Just give us a crumb of hope!
    Post edited by Spartanacus on
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    Bill Murray Movie GIF by Hollywood Suite
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    dtr0624 said:
    ... the sad part is im starting to hear more and more of a lack of interest from 10c as well and the word "refund" is becoming more and more frequent... they better know what they are doing and it better be big because a tour that is just "meh" is gonna have more people jumping ship and spending money elsewhere. I hate to be the bad news bear here lol but eddie seems like he would rather headline solo at this point and the rest of the band has been quiet. no brad, no tres mts, nothing. as fans sit here in the dark, tickets and hotels in hand waiting for what will probably wind up being close to 2 years. like i said, they better know what they are doing lol
    Agreed.  Time to move on with the shows or retire from touring, because I'm not paying my annual dues to get a monthly email.  And as good as they were, I will never see another Ed solo show again, even if he brings a new super band with him.  The kids are getting restless and want some answers.  If one of the core 5 members, not named Ed or Mike, is holding this up then perhaps it's time to replace just that one member just for this tour (cue the homer hateful replies).

I wouldn't be so sour if I haven't had so much money collecting interest for someone else for nearly two years.  That being said, it's not about the money, it's the principle behind it.  And no...I am not going to ask for a refund at this point.  Worst case scenario I can wait a little longer, but it's starting to get on my nerves now that SHN & Ohana have come and gone over a month ago.  If they're not going to come out with a full tour schedule yet, at least give us a rough estimate for when that announcement MAY come...for example, I think we'd be satisfied with one of the members officially saying that the details will be finalized and announced no later than the end of January.  Just give us a crumb of hope!
    ...agreed with both, no comments in the last news letter was an negligence with the fans. Mostly of international air tickets will be open to rescheudule til Dec 31st. It will be a quite expensive to book a new overseas flights so probably this tour will be exclusively for US.

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,2003) SP, Brazil (12,02,2005), SP, Brazil (12,03,2005) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,2011),  SP, Brazil (11,04,2011), SP, Brazil (03,31, 2013), SP, Brazil (11,14,2015), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,2016), Miami, FL (04,09,2016), SP,Brazil(03,24,2018)Chicago, IL(08,18, 2018), Chicago, IL(08,20,2018), San Diego, CA (05,03,2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/2022) , Oakland, CA(05/12/2022) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    dtr0624 said:

Why would you never see a solo show again? Just curious... Did you not enjoy the ones that you saw? D,o you feel that the shows were too similar? Or do you feel that EV has lost a step?
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I'm part of the problem..I still come here everyday as well
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    3days said:
    dtr0624 said:

Why would you never see a solo show again? Just curious... Did you not enjoy the ones that you saw? D,o you feel that the shows were too similar? Or do you feel that EV has lost a step?
    Because I'm a PJ fan first and foremost.  "No" to your other questions.  It's just that I saw Ed play years ago in Milwaukee and in Ohana in 2017 and while they were great shows, they're not PJ shows.  Plus I am not a big fan of ukulele songs or covers.  I also don't believe in requiring vaccines or negative tests (which the latter did me no good as I caught covid at Ohana anyways).  So my future ROCK shows will be very limited...basically PJ and Queens Of The Stone Age within an hour of where I live (San Diego).  After this next tour, no more trips up to The Forum for this guy.  The extent of my travels will be between Chula Vista to Dana Point.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    Bill Murray Movie GIF by Hollywood Suite
    Hahahaha 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    They could not announce the tour for another two months and we would still be ahead of schedule for the 2020 tour announcement.  Let's take a deep breath and relax.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    on2legs said:
    They could not announce the tour for another two months and we would still be ahead of schedule for the 2020 tour announcement.  Let's take a deep breath and relax.
    Since I’ve waited 20 months for a rescheduled tour announcement another 60 days isn’t going to kill me.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,244
    I have zero information but my gut tells me we get an announcement in early December. 
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited November 2021
    getting strange as basically all playing various charity/solo(with other non-PJ) shows indoors in the future.  Ed played Dallas this week as example.
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited November 2021
    delete

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    Not to sound like “that guy” as I do truly believe this band puts Art before Commerce (ABC as Ed says). Lowest ticket prices for a large scale band, true dedication to its fan base, amongst other things. 

But it’s probably no coincidence that the only shows they played were festivals owned or partly owned by one of its members and one of their friends/contractors. 

Again, not to be that guy. And I can’t wait to get on the plane to Toronto.  But there is a business to this whole thing. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    3days said:
    dtr0624 said:

Because I'm a PJ fan first and foremost.  "No" to your other questions.  It's just that I saw Ed play years ago in Milwaukee and in Ohana in 2017 and while they were great shows, they're not PJ shows.  Plus I am not a big fan of ukulele songs or covers.  I also don't believe in requiring vaccines or negative tests (which the latter did me no good as I caught covid at Ohana anyways).  So my future ROCK shows will be very limited...basically PJ and Queens Of The Stone Age within an hour of where I live (San Diego).  After this next tour, no more trips up to The Forum for this guy.  The extent of my travels will be between Chula Vista to Dana Point.
    I'll bet you anything that Pearl Jam will be requiring vaccination or negative test, like every other major touring act playing at major venues, especially knowing Mike is at risk.  It sounds like you're setting yourself up for more disappointment.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    DM282158 said:
    Not to sound like “that guy” as I do truly believe this band puts Art before Commerce (ABC as Ed says). Lowest ticket prices for a large scale band, true dedication to its fan base, amongst other things. 

But it’s probably no coincidence that the only shows they played were festivals owned or partly owned by one of its members and one of their friends/contractors. 

Again, not to be that guy. And I can’t wait to get on the plane to Toronto.  But there is a business to this whole thing. 
    I think a lot of members on this site would argue with the band being an art before commerce band. Just look at the merch situation 
  • Options

I'll bet you anything that Pearl Jam will be requiring vaccination or negative test, like every other major touring act playing at major venues, especially knowing Mike is at risk.  It sounds like you're setting yourself up for more disappointment.
    Yes I know and I'll have to get my 3rd and 4th ever tests done (1st two were for Ohana and Ohana Encore) for San Diego and LA, and that's fine...but I'm just saying that even though that is only a minor inconvenience, that is one big reason that I won't be going to any more overnight road trip shows after my upcoming two LA ones that I already paid for.

Hell...I can't keep track of the rules, but will we even be able to get into The Forum in LA if we aren't vax'd?  If not, I guess I'll be getting refunded for those two shows, which is fine with me as it saves me some cash and a trip up to LA.  
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,198
    on2legs said:
    ^ ^
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options

Yes I know and I'll have to get my 3rd and 4th ever tests done (1st two were for Ohana and Ohana Encore) for San Diego and LA, and that's fine...but I'm just saying that even though that is only a minor inconvenience, that is one big reason that I won't be going to any more overnight road trip shows after my upcoming two LA ones that I already paid for.

Hell...I can't keep track of the rules, but will we even be able to get into The Forum in LA if we aren't vax'd?  If not, I guess I'll be getting refunded for those two shows, which is fine with me as it saves me some cash and a trip up to LA.  
    Vaxxed means not having to worry about the rules. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,371
    edited November 2021

Vaxxed means not having to worry about the rules. 
    Vaxxed means having to worry less - does not eliminate all worry - about Covid itself or the rules.
    Post edited by RatherStarved on
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,501
    The drama in this thread…
  • Options
    I think once Bruce announces his tour, PJ will follow shortly.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    on2legs said:
    ^ ^
    That would be fine if they were announcing a new tour, but they’ve held their fans money for nearly two years, played two previously unannounced shows at encore. All before announcing the makeup dates. 

I think the lack of transparency is a slap in the face to their fans. Fans that have supported them, and most likely will continue to support them, but I don’t understand how more people aren’t disappointed with how this is being handled. 

To be clear, im not saying they have to announce the dates or should’ve already, but I can’t think of one good reason why they can’t be more transparent and provide monthly updates. 

“We hope to announce the rescheduled 2020 dates in early 2021,” “We are still working to get the dates rescheduled. Stay tuned for another update next month.” Etc. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,965
    I think once Bruce announces his tour, PJ will follow shortly.
    Anything ever come out of those Bruce March dates at MSG? I have not been following lately.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    Go Animal said:
    on2legs said:
    ^ ^
    That would be fine if they were announcing a new tour, but they’ve held their fans money for nearly two years, played two previously unannounced shows at encore. All before announcing the makeup dates. 

I think the lack of transparency is a slap in the face to their fans. Fans that have supported them, and most likely will continue to support them, but I don’t understand how more people aren’t disappointed with how this is being handled. 

To be clear, im not saying they have to announce the dates or should’ve already, but I can’t think of one good reason why they can’t be more transparent and provide monthly updates. 

“We hope to announce the rescheduled 2020 dates in early 2021,” “We are still working to get the dates rescheduled. Stay tuned for another update next month.” Etc. 
    Pearl Jam has always marched to the beat of its own drummer.  That’s a good thing for their music but a frustrating thing sometimes for fans. But it’s nothing new.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore