Afghanistan

Comments

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Where is 46 though? Probably getting ice cream. Back in my day bombing us citizens wasn't tolerated and we didn't negotiate with terrorists.
    why don't you guys have another benghazi hearing over it?

seriously. 600,000 dead americans on trump's watch and this is what you are upset about. 
    Today was the deadliest attack on the US military in over a decade. That should be worth getting upset over no matter what political party you align yourself with.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Huh. 

Meanwhile trump tweeted in early October that he would have the troops home by Christmas, 2020. 

But but but Sleepy Joe!!
    FALSE.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/24/jake-sullivan-bungles-line-about-visa-processing-afghans/

Not sure why you guys believe any of the media you claim is legit.  Not sure why I even come on this site these days.  Every time I’m here I read nonsense and false info worse than FB. Stop believing the propaganda and think for yourself.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    This is what happens when govt personnel don’t have faith in their leader.  
    mickeyrat said:
    An explosion has been reported outside the Kabul airport…reports are it was a suicide bomber.

lets see how harshly taliban quash the isis group.
    You don’t think they’re complacent in this?!  Best article I read today:

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/08/26/the-kabul-mission-begins-to-unravel-and-we-can-expect-to-see-much-worse-n433058

This guy comes from an amazing perspective and always writes amazing stuff.  Just a snippet:

“A wild card was also revealed today. There have been rumors of something called “ISIS-K,” or Islamic State-Khorasan suddenly cropping up. This is a relatively new group in Afghanistan and isn’t thought to be particularly large. While it is difficult to believe this group is any more brutal than the Taliban, the extent to which it has a different chain-of-command and political leadership means that it may not be on board with the rules, formal and informal, in existence at HKIA. The White House and its catchfarts in the media have pointed the finger of blame at this group.

Explosions outside the Kabul airport that have caused multiple U.S. casualties come as Biden administration officials have been alarmed in recent days by threats at Hamid Karzai International Airport by ISIS-K, a terrorist group that is a sworn enemy of the Taliban.

A senior U.S. intelligence official said while no formal attribution has been made, all signs – and recently gathered intelligence – point to ISIS-K, an offshoot of Islamic State, as the culprits.

This is where the funhouse mirrors come in.

Along with the newly discovered ISIS-K group, we are getting a parallel narrative.

The Taliban and ISIS-K are sworn enemies and have been fighting for years. ISIS-K views the Taliban as apostates, and not devout enough in terms of its approach to Islam. The group’s leaders denounced the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan, The New York Times reported. Along these lines, ISIS-K has an interest in conducting attacks that would induce chaos, embarrass the Taliban, and make it harder for the militant group to tighten its grip over Afghanistan.

The Taliban’s victory “puts significant pressure on ISIS to demonstrate its continued relevance to global jihad, which will make ISIS more dangerous as it attempts to prove the organization’s capability and relevance,” Jennifer Cafarella, a national security fellow at the Institute for the Study of War, told Insider.

The question is, do we believe this? For years we were told by the same group of clowns that Shia and Sunni would not cooperate…and yet in Iraq, we saw that happening all the time. We saw al-Qaeda operatives given safe haven in Iran. Now we’re told that this group and the Taliban are sworn enemies, yet somehow, they can operate freely at the epicenter of Taliban military strength and carry off an independent operation beneficial to the Taliban without being detected. Color me skeptical.

Let’s be candid; the Taliban have a vested interest in turning what is already a goat-rope into a monumental disaster. The way to do that is to gradually increase insecurity at HKIA without being overtly involved. This lets the Taliban have its cake (it is seen to keep its agreement with the US) while creating a disaster (mysterious suicide bombers, planes shot at, etc.).

The Biden White House also has a vested interest in assigning blame to ISIS-K, perhaps even an existential interest. That makes them look like they have the vaguest clue as to what is going on.

Of course, ISIS-K has a vested interest in taking credit, because this raises their profile and they look like the guys who are carrying on with the good fight, as the Taliban is making kissy-face with the Great Satan.

ISIS-K, or whoever has drawn blood, has further embarrassed the United States (assuming that is possible). Unless the Taliban haul out the planners and leaders behind the attack for a public rendezvous with a Stihl chainsaw, either the Taliban are not in control and the Biden White House are morons for negotiating with them, or the Taliban is stage-managing the attacks while maintaining plausible deniability.

The only way the US breaks out of this cycle and can continue the evacuation is to hold the Taliban accountable for every attack and any attack on US or allied interests. They’ve shown they can’t or won’t’ provide security for our forces and civilians, and it is time to let them know that our rules have changed, too. But we won’t do that — because the White House is weak and flaccid, and really doesn’t care if Americans, military or civilian, die in Kabul.“

Where is 46 though? Probably getting ice cream. Back in my day bombing us citizens wasn't tolerated and we didn't negotiate with terrorists.

seriously. 600,000 dead americans on trump's watch and this is what you are upset about. 
    BuT TrUmPPP!!!!  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    edited August 2021
    This is what happens when govt personnel don’t have faith in their leader.  
    So anytime a congressman or senator goes to Afghanistan,  Iraq or other troubled areas,  that's a sign that govt personnel have lost faith in the president? Be sure to do a little googling before you answer. 
    mickeyrat said:
    An explosion has been reported outside the Kabul airport…reports are it was a suicide bomber.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/08/26/the-kabul-mission-begins-to-unravel-and-we-can-expect-to-see-much-worse-n433058

This guy comes from an amazing perspective and always writes amazing stuff.  Just a snippet:

“A wild card was also revealed today. There have been rumors of something called “ISIS-K,” or Islamic State-Khorasan suddenly cropping up. This is a relatively new group in Afghanistan and isn’t thought to be particularly large. While it is difficult to believe this group is any more brutal than the Taliban, the extent to which it has a different chain-of-command and political leadership means that it may not be on board with the rules, formal and informal, in existence at HKIA. The White House and its catchfarts in the media have pointed the finger of blame at this group.

Explosions outside the Kabul airport that have caused multiple U.S. casualties come as Biden administration officials have been alarmed in recent days by threats at Hamid Karzai International Airport by ISIS-K, a terrorist group that is a sworn enemy of the Taliban.

A senior U.S. intelligence official said while no formal attribution has been made, all signs – and recently gathered intelligence – point to ISIS-K, an offshoot of Islamic State, as the culprits.

Along with the newly discovered ISIS-K group, we are getting a parallel narrative.

The Taliban and ISIS-K are sworn enemies and have been fighting for years. ISIS-K views the Taliban as apostates, and not devout enough in terms of its approach to Islam. The group’s leaders denounced the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan, The New York Times reported. Along these lines, ISIS-K has an interest in conducting attacks that would induce chaos, embarrass the Taliban, and make it harder for the militant group to tighten its grip over Afghanistan.

The Taliban’s victory “puts significant pressure on ISIS to demonstrate its continued relevance to global jihad, which will make ISIS more dangerous as it attempts to prove the organization’s capability and relevance,” Jennifer Cafarella, a national security fellow at the Institute for the Study of War, told Insider.

The question is, do we believe this? For years we were told by the same group of clowns that Shia and Sunni would not cooperate…and yet in Iraq, we saw that happening all the time. We saw al-Qaeda operatives given safe haven in Iran. Now we’re told that this group and the Taliban are sworn enemies, yet somehow, they can operate freely at the epicenter of Taliban military strength and carry off an independent operation beneficial to the Taliban without being detected. Color me skeptical.

Let’s be candid; the Taliban have a vested interest in turning what is already a goat-rope into a monumental disaster. The way to do that is to gradually increase insecurity at HKIA without being overtly involved. This lets the Taliban have its cake (it is seen to keep its agreement with the US) while creating a disaster (mysterious suicide bombers, planes shot at, etc.).

The Biden White House also has a vested interest in assigning blame to ISIS-K, perhaps even an existential interest. That makes them look like they have the vaguest clue as to what is going on.

Of course, ISIS-K has a vested interest in taking credit, because this raises their profile and they look like the guys who are carrying on with the good fight, as the Taliban is making kissy-face with the Great Satan.

ISIS-K, or whoever has drawn blood, has further embarrassed the United States (assuming that is possible). Unless the Taliban haul out the planners and leaders behind the attack for a public rendezvous with a Stihl chainsaw, either the Taliban are not in control and the Biden White House are morons for negotiating with them, or the Taliban is stage-managing the attacks while maintaining plausible deniability.

The only way the US breaks out of this cycle and can continue the evacuation is to hold the Taliban accountable for every attack and any attack on US or allied interests. They’ve shown they can’t or won’t’ provide security for our forces and civilians, and it is time to let them know that our rules have changed, too. But we won’t do that — because the White House is weak and flaccid, and really doesn’t care if Americans, military or civilian, die in Kabul.“

Complicit, not complacent. 

I think mickeyrat is saying this is a litmus test,  not that he trusts the Taliban. I mean,  it would be stupid to trust the Taliban and make a deal with them,  right?
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

BuT TrUmPPP!!!!  
    Ahhhh, good old RedState. Now there’s an objective shill without an agenda. 

Beating that drum of unmitigated bloodshed. Because we all know that bombing the Taliban now would be without consequences. Holy fuck. When are you enlisting? I hear the pizza in Kabul is shit.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

BuT TrUmPPP!!!!  
    I'll piggy back on this.... That's fine if you want to blame Trump for COVID deaths. We have that right because our military has sworn to fight for our freedom to believe what we want(that same military that was attacked today and had the deadliest attack in a decade).

I personally don't blame Trump for the COVID deaths but if you are going to be fair, you should be blaming Trump for around 400,000 deaths and the other approximately 230,000 deaths on Biden since these happened during Biden's term and people continue to die today.

COVID is worse than it has ever been in the United States. I am a fair person so I'm not going to lie and blame Biden for the current COVID situation or the deaths that have happened since he became President.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I think mickeyrat is saying this is a litmus test,  not that he trusts the Taliban. I mean,  it would be stupid to trust the Taliban and make a deal with them,  right?
    This is classic bud.  Well played.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

This is classic bud.  Well played.  
    Disingenuous fucks.

Redstate.com....hahaha. Holy shit.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    It's classic GOP...call the WP a rag then post material from redstate.com
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    here come the trolls, lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    I will say that if tRump were still in office and this was going on the left would be flipping out and the right would not.

The difference being that with Biden both left and right wing media is flipping out.  Left wing media being defined as main stream media so that the tRumpsters understand.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    the funniest thing is:

if biden had pushed back withdrawl date he would have crossed a red line, and the gop would have asked why is he taking so long to get us out of there?

if biden had expedited the withdrawl, the gop would have been asking why he is in such a hurry.

if biden had gotten every single civilian out of there the gop would have said he is brining too many afghans to the us.

if biden had said no we are not bringing any more civilians out, the gop would have said he needs to bring more out.

this is why the gop is the ultimate minority party. they get to sit back and throw shitty criticisms while not having to make any difficult decisions that could cost them politically. they just say that the dems should do the opposite of what they are doing in every single situation. it is the laziest political strategy of all time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

JB16057 said:

Today was the deadliest attack on the US military in over a decade. That should be worth getting upset over no matter what political party you align yourself with.
    what happened yesterday was tragic. but i am not going to jump on the war train and demand revenge. we were there for 20 fucking years. you think we can fix it now? please.

the funniest thing is:

if biden had pushed back withdrawl date he would have crossed a red line, and the gop would have asked why is he taking so long to get us out of there?

if biden had expedited the withdrawl, the gop would have been asking why he is in such a hurry.

if biden had gotten every single civilian out of there the gop would have said he is brining too many afghans to the us.

if biden had said no we are not bringing any more civilians out, the gop would have said he needs to bring more out.

this is why the gop is the ultimate minority party. they get to sit back and throw shitty criticisms while not having to make any difficult decisions that could cost them politically. they just say that the dems should do the opposite of what they are doing in every single situation. it is the laziest political strategy of all time.
    agreed...it's crazy to me to see my FB "friends" posting about chaos at the Afghanistan airport with a "let as many people as possible through" mantra yet they have the opposite attitude at our southern border.

lol redstate

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

the funniest thing is:

agreed...it's crazy to me to see my FB "friends" posting about chaos at the Afghanistan airport with a "let as many people as possible through" mantra yet they have the opposite attitude at our southern border.
    The hypocrisy is a virtue for modern day conservatives. 

They revel in it. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited August 2021
    From Business Insider. Link to follow. ^^^^^ And they never hold their own accountable or take responsibility. Ever.

"Perhaps by design, perhaps by incompetence, perhaps out of sheer spite or arrogance, Trump has created the circumstances for another Bay of Pigs, Black Hawk Down, or Benghazi," James Golby, who served as a special advisor to Vice President Mike Pence, wrote in a November article for The Atlantic. Those were all situations, he wrote, "where the United States inserted itself into overseas conflicts enough to draw lethal opposition but without sufficient strength to protect its people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kabul-ex-pence-adviser-warned-trump-setting-up-another-benghazi-2021-8
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    the funniest thing is:

And somehow has worked with enough people ...... 
    hippiemom = goodness
    the funniest thing is:

Yes,  they are more effective as an opposition party than a governing one.  
    mrussel1 said:
    the funniest thing is:

Yes,  they are more effective as an opposition party than a governing one.  
    they have no ideas at all. they just sit back and talk smack. all the time. this was a trump negotiated deal. biden is carrying out the plan. and who are they complaining about? biden. i have had it with the gop. they are utterly useless. 

• The ignorance of the left is astonishing.  The hypocrisy of this hypocrite is amazing.  Their memories are shit. I guess here they are so young and extremely unexperienced in life is the only explanation. The same shit said each time one is in power. I can delete GOP and enter Dems in all the comments. What a dumb echo chamber.

But keep it up. It is entertaining as hell to hear your - LOL - thoughts. 

Next time you come to the crossroads, only look left. You'll be fine crossing. Now sit back and watch all the dumb ass comments backing up this failure.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited August 2021
    How ugly is the forum going to get? Stop it right now. Today is a special day to celebrate so if I have to ban permanently to keep it that way, don't be surprised. That goes for both political sides. TALK ABOUT THE TOPIC AND NOT EACH OTHER, NOT EACH OTHER, NOT EACH OTHER. 
    ENOUGH.
    Now reopened. Please be good to each other. When the aliens from outer space attack, we're all going to be humanity together. 
    I hope you're enjoying the anniversary celebrations. So many memories. Stay safe all.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The ignorance of the left is astonishing.  The hypocrisy of this hypocrite is amazing.  Their memories are shit. I guess here they are so young and extremely unexperienced in life is the only explanation. The same shit said each time one is in power. I can delete GOP and enter Dems in all the comments. What a dumb echo chamber.

Next time you come to the crossroads, only look left. You'll be fine crossing. Now sit back and watch all the dumb ass comments backing up this failure.
    The failure started in 2001 
    Had its ups and downs over the years
    Was put into overdrive when cult-45 had his minion negotiate a "peace-deal" with the Taliban.
    There was never going to be an easy way out of this.
    But President Biden was was set up by the previous regime for what appears to be a recent failure. When in reality it's  been a failure for 20 years.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    The ignorance of the left is astonishing.  The hypocrisy of this hypocrite is amazing.  Their memories are shit. I guess here they are so young and extremely unexperienced in life is the only explanation. The same shit said each time one is in power. I can delete GOP and enter Dems in all the comments. What a dumb echo chamber.

nice contribution. as usual. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD