Afghanistan

Comments

• mickeyrat said:
    let china and russia feed them.
    Wasn't that the point though?  To stop their presence from spreading there?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    mickeyrat said:

no. the point was to kill bin laden , waste a shit ton of money and end up right where we started.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

no. the point was to kill bin laden , waste a shit ton of money and end up right where we started.
    Interesting that we overstayed that since he was killed in 2009.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

dont forget the waste a bunch of money part. that takes a while.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

$275,178,866.26 per day in Afghanistan from Oct 7 2001 to Aug 31 2021

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

JHC. Ridiculous.  How much good could we have done for our people and around the world.  
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

275Mil a day?  Is that number right?

Googles it...

Answer: Estimated 2 trillion spent over 20 years.  I did straight 2 tril and am just shy of the 275mil a day...

Sub answer: Brown university did a study on this and they think we spent, get this, a staggering 5.8tril.  That would bump the daily to 794mil a day.

What is our defense budget at?

Googles it...

Answer: 725Billion a year  So every 7 years we have spent our TOTAL defense budget on Afghanistan alone.  If I did the number crunching right.
    edited September 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Answer: Estimated 2 trillion spent over 20 years.  I did straight 2 tril and am just shy of the 275mil a day...

Sub answer: Brown university did a study on this and they think we spent, get this, a staggering 5.8tril.  That would bump the daily to 794mil a day.

Googles it...

Answer: 725Billion a year  So every 7 years we have spent our TOTAL defense budget on Afghanistan alone.  If I did the number crunching right.

do the math on 19yr 10mo 3wk 2 days.

by my count thats 7268 days 

the kick in balls is that was borrowed money...
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

Colossal waste of money.
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

Colossal waste of money.
    The money was borrowed that we couldn't pay our yearly budget allowance and in turn we have to pay for interest too?  Brilliant.

I forget how much wars cost and when you put the numbers into graphs and things you see how much money does get spent and some complain about universal healthcare?
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

Colossal waste of money.
    The money was borrowed that we couldn't pay our yearly budget allowance and in turn we have to pay for interest too?  Brilliant.

I forget how much wars cost and when you put the numbers into graphs and things you see how much money does get spent and some complain about universal healthcare?
    As a neighbour to the north, that's what makes me shake my head in astonishment too. All the harm done for 275 mil daily - If just four days of Afghanistan war spending were sent to any other cause, that cause would have a billion dollars to fund positive initiatives.  Any Republican arguments about the dangers of spending too much money are the epitome of hypocrisy at this point. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Since 2001!

Googles it...

Googles it...

Colossal waste of money.

Or roads, or less expensive post secondary education, or a million other things that would improve the lives of every day Americans.  Never underestimate the power of the military industrial complex.  And sure as shit, as the we are leaving Afghanistan, John Bolton starts writing op eds how we need to get involved in Pakistan. 
  • benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

As a neighbour to the north, that's what makes me shake my head in astonishment too. All the harm done for 275 mil daily - If just four days of Afghanistan war spending were sent to any other cause, that cause would have a billion dollars to fund positive initiatives.  Any Republican arguments about the dangers of spending too much money are the epitome of hypocrisy at this point. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

Or roads, or less expensive post secondary education, or a million other things that would improve the lives of every day Americans.  Never underestimate the power of the military industrial complex.  And sure as shit, as the we are leaving Afghanistan, John Bolton starts writing op eds how we need to get involved in Pakistan. 
    I do consider this.  Bases, armaments makers, tech.  All keep Americans working.  I'm not sure how much for profit it is either.  The open checkbook thing, I thought was eliminated?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

I do consider this.  Bases, armaments makers, tech.  All keep Americans working.  I'm not sure how much for profit it is either.  The open checkbook thing, I thought was eliminated?
    The issue wasn't so much an open checkbook as it was funds coming from budgeted sources that have little or no oversight for security purposes.
  • benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

The issue wasn't so much an open checkbook as it was funds coming from budgeted sources that have little or no oversight for security purposes.
    Open check book was most certainly part of it.  I give you the Osprey as example #1.
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

Open check book was most certainly part of it.  I give you the Osprey as example #1.
    I didn't  say it wasn't part of it. Maybe what I should have said was it was too many different checkbooks with little or no oversight 

The Osprey was a project I worked on. I can say for sure the checkbook was wide open on that one. But all defense projects/contracts from the newest plane to the smallest toilet paper order have a budget. And too few ever stay close to the original $.
  • benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

I didn't  say it wasn't part of it. Maybe what I should have said was it was too many different checkbooks with little or no oversight 

The Osprey was a project I worked on. I can say for sure the checkbook was wide open on that one. But all defense projects/contracts from the newest plane to the smallest toilet paper order have a budget. And too few ever stay close to the original $.
    You worked on that one huh?  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Glad to see the Taliban has changed their ways with that all-male government...LMFAO.

I can only imagine it sucks to be female in North America at times... there is no description of what it's like to be female over there.  Instead of training those cowardly male soldiers, they should have trained the woman at an elite level...if anyone would have an incentive to fight the Taliban it would be females in that country...my guess is if they were well trained with support maybe they eliminate the Taliban...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

Back when I had an "adult" job I worked on the periphery of that project. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    lindsay graham said that we need to go back in to afghanistan. good luck selling that one to everybody.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Glad to see the Taliban has changed their ways with that all-male government...LMFAO.

I can only imagine it sucks to be female in North America at times... there is no description of what it's like to be female over there.  Instead of training those cowardly male soldiers, they should have trained the woman at an elite level...if anyone would have an incentive to fight the Taliban it would be females in that country...my guess is if they were well trained with support maybe they eliminate the Taliban...
    LOL.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

you have a child's job now?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

He has a dream job now.  I want to throw eggs at him often actually and not out of jealousy but because it's not an adult job.  =)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

He has a dream job now.  I want to throw eggs at him often actually and not out of jealousy but because it's not an adult job.  =)
    slingin' drinks on a beach? testing out toys? come on, spill it
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

I spend my mornings surfing Navarre and my afternoons at Augusta.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:

Colossal waste of money.

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Colossal waste of money.

Smokin' weed and sampling craft beer?
  • Anyone got an update? Flights out? ‘Muricans left behind? The material left behind to threaten the new world order? Or the forgetfulness of history?

Anyone?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©