Afghanistan

1202122232426»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Trump thought he was going to be president in 2021? lol Gee, if only that coup would've worked out like they planned it. Too bad we still have democratic elections in this country. 

The Trump admin let 5,000 Taliban fighters out of prison in 2020, they set up a really short time frame of which for us to leave, and then did not cooperate fully during the transition period with the incoming administration. So Biden's choices were to start fighting the Taliban again and prolong this two decade war or rip the fucking band aid off and get out. Of those two choices, I think he made the correct one.

But hindsight being 2020, I don't see the problem with leaving a small troop presence there moving forward. Trump was the one who surrendered to the Taliban and took that possibility off the table. The Biden admin clearly could've handled things better, but it was a lose lose proposition for them. 
    i agree. this was a war we decided to stop fighting. it is a loss because we did not win, and we could not win. we stopped fighting and withdrew. 

hopefully the government learned something from this. but given the short memory of americans, we will be in another 10 year war over there within the next 5 years.
    I just love the "Trump thought he was going to be president in 2021" line as if there was no way he could lose. Like he just ignored all public and internal polling and just assumed his coup would work if he actually did lose the election.

Scary stuff. 
    You just love that line? How many other politicians running for any office believe they are going to win? Do you find that funny every time that happens? Hillary thought she was going to win in 2016. Did you laugh at her when she lost?

If Trump called for an actual coup, insurrection, whatever you want to call it, it would've happened. If Trump told his supporters to take their guns to the Capitol on January 6th and take it over, it would've happened. If Trump called for violence on January 6 at the Capitol, millions upon millions of his followers would've shown up and they would've ripped the Capitol apart. If Trump told his followers to go the Capitol today, it could still happen but it hasn't and it won't.

Sounds to me like you scare way too easy. Lucky for you, Trump didn't do what I said above and he won't. Everything is going to be OK!
    A few thousand maybe, but not millions and millions. Millions and millions of people who voted for him are not willing to lay their lives down, commit treason and start a full out civil war.
    Millions and millions and millions and millions of his supporters believe he won the election though. And that is incredibly damaging to our democracy. 
    Maybe. But you think they’re willing to lay down their lives for it? I don’t.
    Out of 43 million people? Yeah, I am sure some of them would.
    https://www.newsweek.com/59-gop-voters-say-believing-trump-won-2020-important-being-republican-poll-1628281

Yeah, some I’m sure would. Just don’t agree that millions and millions would, like JB said. That’s all I said, Trump won’t get millions and millions to die for him. If you agree with that, then I’m not sure what we’re arguing about?
    Millions of people risking their lives is a ridiculous notion. Then again, 43 million people believing Trump won an election he clearly lost is also ridiculous but, sadly true. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Trump thought he was going to be president in 2021? lol Gee, if only that coup would've worked out like they planned it. Too bad we still have democratic elections in this country. 

The Trump admin let 5,000 Taliban fighters out of prison in 2020, they set up a really short time frame of which for us to leave, and then did not cooperate fully during the transition period with the incoming administration. So Biden's choices were to start fighting the Taliban again and prolong this two decade war or rip the fucking band aid off and get out. Of those two choices, I think he made the correct one.

But hindsight being 2020, I don't see the problem with leaving a small troop presence there moving forward. Trump was the one who surrendered to the Taliban and took that possibility off the table. The Biden admin clearly could've handled things better, but it was a lose lose proposition for them. 
    i agree. this was a war we decided to stop fighting. it is a loss because we did not win, and we could not win. we stopped fighting and withdrew. 

hopefully the government learned something from this. but given the short memory of americans, we will be in another 10 year war over there within the next 5 years.
    I just love the "Trump thought he was going to be president in 2021" line as if there was no way he could lose. Like he just ignored all public and internal polling and just assumed his coup would work if he actually did lose the election.

Scary stuff. 
    You just love that line? How many other politicians running for any office believe they are going to win? Do you find that funny every time that happens? Hillary thought she was going to win in 2016. Did you laugh at her when she lost?

If Trump called for an actual coup, insurrection, whatever you want to call it, it would've happened. If Trump told his supporters to take their guns to the Capitol on January 6th and take it over, it would've happened. If Trump called for violence on January 6 at the Capitol, millions upon millions of his followers would've shown up and they would've ripped the Capitol apart. If Trump told his followers to go the Capitol today, it could still happen but it hasn't and it won't.

Sounds to me like you scare way too easy. Lucky for you, Trump didn't do what I said above and he won't. Everything is going to be OK!
    A few thousand maybe, but not millions and millions. Millions and millions of people who voted for him are not willing to lay their lives down, commit treason and start a full out civil war.
    100%.  The thought that millions would participate in a coup and throw it all away is lunacy. 
    do not ever forget that it is the stupid people who are always full of confidence.

i would not dismiss these proud boys, boogaloo bois, and 3 percenters so easily. especially when they have 3 networks dedicated to their cause, fox, oann, and newsmax, and several trumpists in congress and the senate. i mean some of the congressmen, gosar, gaetz, maggie 3 names, are actually speaking on behalf of them and defending them and calling them political prisoners instead of felons.
    There were 19 hijackers on 9/11. The idea that you need millions and millions is lunacy.

All it takes is a few brainwashed wackjobs. Lord knows there are tons of those people in our country right now. 

the endgame of 9/11 was a lot different than the endgame to reinstall trump as president. not the greatest analogy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:

Scary stuff. 

100%.  The thought that millions would participate in a coup and throw it all away is lunacy. 
    do not ever forget that it is the stupid people who are always full of confidence.

i would not dismiss these proud boys, boogaloo bois, and 3 percenters so easily. especially when they have 3 networks dedicated to their cause, fox, oann, and newsmax, and several trumpists in congress and the senate. i mean some of the congressmen, gosar, gaetz, maggie 3 names, are actually speaking on behalf of them and defending them and calling them political prisoners instead of felons.
    There were 19 hijackers on 9/11. The idea that you need millions and millions is lunacy.

All it takes is a few brainwashed wackjobs. Lord knows there are tons of those people in our country right now. 

the endgame of 9/11 was a lot different than the endgame to reinstall trump as president. not the greatest analogy. 
    If trump or anyone like him gets elected again 9/11 will look like child’s play
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    this is heartbreaking. selling your own children for food. my god. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/01/asia/afghanistan-child-marriage-crisis-taliban-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/01/asia/afghanistan-child-marriage-crisis-taliban-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
    Holy shit...I don't know what I would do in that situation...poll the family and weigh the pros and cons of a murder suicide pact maybe.  There's no way it would be worth it long term..that $2200 is gonna run out and you will be back where you started only this time without your daughter....
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:

Holy shit...I don't know what I would do in that situation...poll the family and weigh the pros and cons of a murder suicide pact maybe.  There's no way it would be worth it long term..that $2200 is gonna run out and you will be back where you started only this time without your daughter....
    he said when that runs out he'll have to sell his 2 year old. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

static111 said:

that is pathetic..I know its a horrible situation but in that case it seems like death would be better
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:

that is pathetic..I know its a horrible situation but in that case it seems like death would be better
    death, as in, murdering your own child?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

static111 said:
    static111 said:

and the whole family rather than face that miserable existence.  
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

I can't believe what I'm reading. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

I have to agree.  I would rather us all die.  Death has to be better than knowing everyday your child is being abused based on your decision.  
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

The other alternative is sell all your children and continue having more children to sell to people you don’t know that may abuse them or sell them to isis or the taliban…no thanks
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

The other alternative is sell all your children and continue having more children to sell to people you don’t know that may abuse them or sell them to isis or the taliban…no thanks
    a) don't have more kids
    b) starve yourself or sell yourself (or your wife sells herself) so the kids don't get harmed
    c) don't murder your own kids
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Child marriage in Afghanistan

It’s common and appears only girls are sold off and the man makes the decision.

This is about money.  Men in that part of the world view woman as chattel, not people.

feed my family my ass…just excuses from people who refuse to change.

Give Peas A Chance…