The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    US stores are taking PO for the vinyl. Unless you want the deluxe or a shirt, no reason to order from oasis’s store. It’s gonna be available everywhere. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Isn’t the Knebworth show part of the deluxe What’s The Story reissue from years back? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    US stores are taking PO for the vinyl. Unless you want the deluxe or a shirt, no reason to order from oasis’s store. It’s gonna be available everywhere. 
    Easy Street has it available for pre order. I think I will order it from them if my local store can't get it. I have bought a couple of things from them online and have always had a good experience. 
    Isn’t the Knebworth show part of the deluxe What’s The Story reissue from years back? 
    There was one track on both the MG reissue (Masterplan) and the BHN reissue (My Big Mouth)
    But release Unplugged officially.

And put There and Then and Live By The Sea up on a digital video service to purchase.

• Are you going to the cinema on the 23rd?

https://youtu.be/ZVyuB1hhaMk
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2021
    Haha. Saw the OASIS live at Knebworth documentary in the cinema this wednesday...

.. and today Liam announces:

https://youtu.be/zDEtiAm8RwQ

Liam Gallagher - Knebworth 4th June 2022

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Couple live tracks on Spotify. Are they releasing the entire show? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited October 2021
    Audio-wise they are releasing the full show on CD/vinyl which is a mix of night 1 and 2.

On Bluray they release the both concerts in full.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Audio-wise they are releasing the full show on CD/vinyl which is a mix of night 1 and 2.

On Bluray they release the both concerts in full.

Whoa!!! Thanks for the share! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
     The only reason they are compared to The Beatles is because of they are from England, they had overnight rise to popularity in the 90's which was similar to The Beatles in the 60's, and the melodies and song arrangemens are similar.

Ummm, yea, this.  It's rare that a post can so vehemently go after and oppose the prevailing opinion on something and then at the very end contradict everything they said in the preceding argument and basically agree with the prevailing opinion itself.  Bravo!

That said, I'm a big Oasis fan, but there's no doubt that a) The Beatles are just light years better than Oasis in every way, from innovation to impact to consistent quality of output to talent to commercial success to individual success outside the band to cultural contributions, etc. etc.  There's just no comparison.  And b) Oasis are CLEARLY derivatives of the Beatles.  There's a reason it's such a common comparison, and no it's not just 'the media', it's right there in the songs.  Just because some in the media point it out doesn't then negate the prevailing cultural opinion of who Oasis are.  That's just dumb logic.

Again, I really love Oasis, they were almost all I listened to freshman year of college in 1997.  But I knew what they were, and it certainly wasn't some groundbreaking band with a unique sound and approach, that's for sure.  As you said, their melodies, song arrangements and similar rise to fame made them basically the wannabe Beatles of the 90's.  They had some great songs, too bad their talent got stretched a little too thin and they couldn't keep it going.  But who can?

I was thinking the same thing. I was like "uh, doesn't that mean they are incredibly similar?". LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

knebworth is in theatres? wow. I'd watch it on netflix, but not worth it to me to see a doc of a concert in a movie theatre. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

knebworth is in theatres? wow. I'd watch it on netflix, but not worth it to me to see a doc of a concert in a movie theatre. 
    Have you seen Supersonic? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    If not, captions on. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited October 2021
    I saw it in the theater. 

The doc is threading water. A bunch of soundbites of fans saying pretty much the same thing over and over over shots from the crowd or reenacted parts. Some soundbites from Noel. A few from Bonehead. One (1) from Liam, albeit quite funny.

But cool watching the concert bits on the big screen. And no baseball in it. Take a hint Pearl Jam.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • knebworth is in theatres? wow. I'd watch it on netflix, but not worth it to me to see a doc of a concert in a movie theatre. 
    You also have this one if you want to complete the trilogy

can't recall. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Supersonic was fine, but I hate how it ends at Knebworth. I would like a full history.

• Supersonic was fine, but I hate how it ends at Knebworth. I would like a full history.

For me, the story from like... 2000 and forward is the more interesting one. With the band slowly cracking and falling apart trying to still make good music (which they kept doing).
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Just gonna say it...I've been team Noel for years. I think the past 6-9 months have flipped the script for me.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Do Liam and Noel have any good songs with their solo careers? I am completely out of the loop on their post Oasis work.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Fookin' ell mate! This Kebworth show is on fire!! Damn!!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Ordered the vinyl on Amazon and still hasn’t shipped.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited November 2021
    static111 said:
    Do Liam and Noel have any good songs with their solo careers? I am completely out of the loop on their post Oasis work.
    Yep. 
    Noel - Dead in the Water, AKA..What a Life!, If I had a Gun, Riverman, Keep on Reaching..

Liam - Shockwave, For What It's Worth, Gone, Down by the River, Now that I've Found You..
    Both of his albums are surprisingly solid.

Honestly, it's all good stuff.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mcgruff10 said:
    My local shop was getting me a copy. When I called them Saturday to make sure it came in before I went down to pick it up, they said that they think there was a delay with it. I checked online and the only companies that are selling them that seem to have them are in Europe. All the US retailers that I could find showed presale with a release date in January. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    My buddy got Knebworth on itunes...amazingGibson said:
    static111 said:
    Yep. 
    Noel - Dead in the Water, AKA..What a Life!, If I had a Gun, Riverman, Keep on Reaching..

Liam - Shockwave, For What It's Worth, Gone, Down by the River, Now that I've Found You..
    Both of his albums are surprisingly solid.

Honestly, it's all good stuff.
    Thanks i'll check all this out
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    My local shop was getting me a copy. When I called them Saturday to make sure it came in before I went down to pick it up, they said that they think there was a delay with it. I checked online and the only companies that are selling them that seem to have them are in Europe. All the US retailers that I could find showed presale with a release date in January. 
    Good to know, thank you.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Yes. The US pressing and the blu ray are delayed until January. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Yes. The US pressing and the blu ray are delayed until January. 
    My blu-ray from Amazon was delivered on Saturday.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • static111 said:
    Listen to Noels first solo albums and ”Dead in the water”. A lot of great/amazing stuff on his first solo outings. 

Liams stuff feels written and produced by committee. Which it is.