The Oasis Thread

Comments

• Noels song Holy Mountain is amazing
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited November 2022
    45 min interview with first drummer Tony McCarroll, by Brian Cannon of Microdot

https://youtu.be/N7H5HFo2cZA
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,582
    Liam Knebworth in theaters November 17th.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Liam Knebworth in theaters November 17th.
    Noel forbidding the use of Oasis songs though.

I feel like this is a weird direct-to-video sequel to the Oasis Knebworth film (that I did watch in the theatre).
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Patch your shit up Gallagher brothers! For fooks sake!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Patch your shit up Gallagher brothers! For fooks sake!!!
    Did it really get better e.g. when Axl and Slash patched things up?

Don't we want the tension and the neverending bickering?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Pulp's back. Blur's back. Your move Oasis.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    voice sounds great
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133

I adore this song. Liam is in fine form here. Noel, you have to get the fuck over yourself and bring back Oasis! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Every time I see this thread have movement I am hoping that it is a reunion announcement.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    Every time I see this thread have movement I am hoping that it is a reunion announcement.
    Same
  • They will never reunite though
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,413
    They will never reunite though
    Never?

IF the money is too much to pass, they won't reunite?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    every band has said "never" until some promoter adds a couple more zeros to the cheque. 

i say they reunite for a "world tour" around 2030, get about halfway through, and implode again.

don'tcha dare miss it! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cutz said:
    Never?

Doubt Noel will ever consider it "too much to pass".

And I think them being brothers who have fallen out and their pride and stuff being so out in the open will make it harder. Noel has stated in a thousand interviews he won't play with Oasis again and he moved away from the songs.

If I was a betting man, I would bet hefty on them not reuniting. 
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,936
    Noel is playing some pretty low key, local festivals next summer, Liam just played two sold out nights at Knebworth (plus sold out stadiums in the same run). 

Noel clearly doesn’t care about money on the table for Oasis. Honestly, demand in the UK alone would be phenomenal. It’s also not about the profile, seeing him play supporting U2 with the crowd not into it was painful. I think he just has this thing for moving on with music and not looking back (plus not having to deal with Liam) which makes a reunion highly unlikely to ever happen. Such a shame, Oasis gigs in the UK had an unbelievable atmosphere. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,624
    edited February 2023
    Liam has tweeted multiple tweets last 2 weeks of him being in touch with Noel again.... I'm holding out hope for a future reunion 

Also, Easy Now (new Noel single) is great, but would have been an instant Oasis classic... wish Liam could have been singing on that one....
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Liam has tweeted multiple tweets last 2 weeks of him being in touch with Noel again.... I'm holding out hope for a future reunion 

Also, Easy Now (new Noel single) is great, but would have been an instant Oasis classic... wish Liam could have been singing on that one....

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,413
    Liam has tweeted multiple tweets last 2 weeks of him being in touch with Noel again.... I'm holding out hope for a future reunion 

cutz said:
    Never?

Money talks?

It just might be too much money to say no?
    I bet they already have shows penciled in. 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    I was thinking of trying to get tickets for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at Central Park Summerstage. Has anyone here ever seen them live? Do they put on a good show? They are playing with Garbage, who I also like but have not yet seen live.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    GlowGirl said:
    I was thinking of trying to get tickets for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at Central Park Summerstage. Has anyone here ever seen them live? Do they put on a good show? They are playing with Garbage, who I also like but have not yet seen live.

I saw them play before Pearl Jam at the Pemberton 2016 music festival.  PJ was the headliner so less pressure on them.  Was fun to sing a long to a few Oasis songs :)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    GlowGirl said:
    Noel is o.k. live, but Garbage is one of my favorite live bands.  Butch Vig is an amazing drummer, and Shirley Manson is a great frontwoman!
  • GlowGirl said:
    Mellower than hus brothers show and take on the Oasis material. But he is greeeat. 

And the first couple of HFB albums are also greeeeaaaaat
    GlowGirl said:
    Mellower than hus brothers show and take on the Oasis material. But he is greeeat. 

And the first couple of HFB albums are also greeeeaaaaat
    Thanks. I am going to try for presale tickets tomorrow. I am already stressed thinking of having to deal with TM. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,624
    I really want to see Noel, but don’t have much interest in Garbage or Metric unfortunately.  Closest he’s coming is about 2 hours away.  I might hold out and try to make it to a Liam show in the next couple years.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    I got tickets for Noel Gallagher/Garbage. It was one of the easiest TM purchases I have made. I had a presale code and was number 30 in the queue. It is all GA, so no having to worry about grabbing certain seats. In and out in less than a few minutes.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    GlowGirl said:
    I got tickets for Noel Gallagher/Garbage. It was one of the easiest TM purchases I have made. I had a presale code and was number 30 in the queue. It is all GA, so no having to worry about grabbing certain seats. In and out in less than a few minutes.
    The L.A. show is reserved seats.....the first section (approx 20 rows) is $179.50 + fees.....looks like I will be skipping this show unless the secondary market has some bargains closer to showtime.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    GlowGirl said:
    The L.A. show is reserved seats.....the first section (approx 20 rows) is $179.50 + fees.....looks like I will be skipping this show unless the secondary market has some bargains closer to showtime.
    That’s a lot. This show is in a small section of Central Park on the grass. Tickets were $101 with fees. There is a small bleacher section behind the lawn. Tickets were $154 for that. I just got the lawn.