#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJPOWER said:
    Not sure if this would be the correct thread, but how does everyone feel about the approved eviction moratorium extension?  I, personally, think it is going to result in courts being flooded in lawsuits for a very long time with landlords trying to get compensation.  Also, just saw a story out of California when a couple purchased a new house and the prior owner is refusing to leave and there is nothing the new owners can do about it.  Pretty fucked up if you ask me…
    I think some people have it in their heads that landlords are all crazy wealthy and have no problem forking over money to pay for “squatters”, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.  
    This affects my business and it's a difficult thing.  It made sense to me last year, but I think it's gone on too long.  Now where the federal gov't has backed the loan, they can make that call.  But considering the unemployment rate and the availability of jobs, I don't think the moratorium should continue.  The administration didn't want to do it, but the left wing pushed them and got their first win with the admin in a very long time.  My guess is that the admin would be perfectly fine with the courts ruling that the gov't can no longer implement.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Not sure if this would be the correct thread, but how does everyone feel about the approved eviction moratorium extension?  I, personally, think it is going to result in courts being flooded in lawsuits for a very long time with landlords trying to get compensation.  Also, just saw a story out of California when a couple purchased a new house and the prior owner is refusing to leave and there is nothing the new owners can do about it.  Pretty fucked up if you ask me…
    I think some people have it in their heads that landlords are all crazy wealthy and have no problem forking over money to pay for “squatters”, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.  
    This affects my business and it's a difficult thing.  It made sense to me last year, but I think it's gone on too long.  Now where the federal gov't has backed the loan, they can make that call.  But considering the unemployment rate and the availability of jobs, I don't think the moratorium should continue.  The administration didn't want to do it, but the left wing pushed them and got their first win with the admin in a very long time.  My guess is that the admin would be perfectly fine with the courts ruling that the gov't can no longer implement.  

states were given moneys for rent help. Ohio hasnt distributed it by half....

until those applications are processed and monies paid, and all that funding utilized,  evictions should be paused.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Agreed, and I think they are undermining themselves in the loss of support from any Realtor lobbyists.  It’s not a good look using land/house owners as pawns either.  Good time to be a lawyer I would guess…
    edited August 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

until those applications are processed and monies paid, and all that funding utilized,  evictions should be paused.
    That’s where the landlords/property owners are getting used as pawns and flat out screwed.  I would rather see the utility companies be forced to fork over the bills for the “squatters” than the many property owners that may very likely go bankrupt over this.  Why should property owners have to pay utilities for non-paying squatters that they cannot evict?   The rental owners are just trying to make a living and feed their families too…
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

That’s where the landlords/property owners are getting used as pawns.  I would rather see the utility companies fork over the bills for the “squatters” than the many property owners that may very likely go bankrupt over this.  Why should property owners have to pay utilities for non-paying squatters that they cannot evict?   The rental owners are just trying to make a living and feed their families too…

not all rentals are all utilities included. some have heat and water only. really depends on the type of rental.

all of this gets worked through with patience AND FUCKING ASSHOLES GETTING VAXXED.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

That’s where the landlords/property owners are getting used as pawns.  I would rather see the utility companies fork over the bills for the “squatters” than the many property owners that may very likely go bankrupt over this.  Why should property owners have to pay utilities for non-paying squatters that they cannot evict?   The rental owners are just trying to make a living and feed their families too…

not all rentals are all utilities included. some have heat and water only. really depends on the type of rental.

all of this gets worked through with patience AND FUCKING ASSHOLES GETTING VAXXED.
    It will definitely come to an end soon, but I really think some of “squaring laws” that some states have are ridiculous too and will probably be what the landlords are dealing with after the moratorium ends.  
    The problem is that everyone thinks of landlords as corporations or large entities that can absorb the losses, but that's not true.  There are millions of single unit/home or just a few home rentals out there.  And while the renter received relief, no such forbearance exist between the landlord and its lender/lien holder.  So it's a tough place. 
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

It will definitely come to an end soon, but I really think some of “squaring laws” that some states have are ridiculous too and will probably be what the landlords are dealing with after the moratorium ends.  

top to bottom this is a prime example of corrections that need to be made overall to our systems. A real opportunity to make significant improvement. It needs to include the indirect tangential areas you might not think are associated at first glance.

one thing that needs backdated is tax credit for unreimbursed employee expenses. All this work from home stuff, just how much do you think business foot the bill for. they didnt. they reduced overhead in a big way....

mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

top to bottom this is a prime example of corrections that need to be made overall to our systems. A real opportunity to make significant improvement. It needs to include the indirect tangential areas you might not think are associated at first glance.

one thing that needs backdated is tax credit for unreimbursed employee expenses. All this work from home stuff, just how much do you think business foot the bill for. they didnt. they reduced overhead in a big way....
    We still have our lease payments on buildings, so we haven't reduced our expenses in the least there.  We also had to go out and find hundreds of laptops that we hadn't needed before.  Where we saved money was on business travel.  But it's really a bunch of puts and takes.  
    Oh and employees have saved immeasurable amounts in commute savings.  Also, I know for a fact that many people that were paying for daycare are not and have not in a year+.  So that's a huge savings for them and costs us productivity.  
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    do banks have any blame in this eviction situation? banks will tell prospective borrowers that they cannot afford a $950 house payment, so those people are forced to pay $1200-1500 in rent.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    do banks have any blame in this eviction situation? banks will tell prospective borrowers that they cannot afford a $950 house payment, so those people are forced to pay $1200-1500 in rent.
    Well 15 years ago banks were blamed for lending to people who couldn't afford it. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,479
    Don’t discount the effect of Wall Street, private equity and firms like Air BnB on the residential housing market, both rental and purchase. It’s not insignificant.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Don’t discount the effect of Wall Street, private equity and firms like Air BnB on the residential housing market, both rental and purchase. It’s not insignificant.
    Yes, but I think these are the ones that can absorb the losses for a time.  It's the individual owners that would struggle.  One thing that I have not seen is the number of people, or percentage of renters who are benefitting here.  
    Senate passes the infrastructure bill 69-30.  To quote a shitty president "promises made, promises kept".  This is a big win.  My guess is that healthcare becomes the signature issue in 2022.  This will allow the D's to campaign on it and put the R's in a position to be against it, which won't be a winning side.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,479
    mrussel1 said:
    Senate passes the infrastructure bill 69-30.  To quote a shitty president "promises made, promises kept".  This is a big win.  My guess is that healthcare becomes the signature issue in 2022.  This will allow the D's to campaign on it and put the R's in a position to be against it, which won't be a winning side.  
    Who needs healthcare?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    Who needs healthcare?
    I’ve made it to 39 and 7/8ths years old in america without continuous reliable affordable healthcare…why start now?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who needs healthcare?
    I’ve made it to 39 and 7/8ths years old in america without continuous reliable affordable healthcare…why start now?

Because in a few months your warranty will expire. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Who needs healthcare?

Because in a few months your warranty will expire. 
    haha.. nice.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    is it really finally infrastructure week?

i never thought i would live long enough for one to actually happen.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I thought it was shark week. 

save the gorillas! 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    I heard that California story too. I think it’s pretty ridiculous. The government shouldn’t be allowed to force someone to loan their property, free of charge. Which is what is happening. For over a year you could have not paid rent and still live there. As pointed out several times, many rentals or owned by small families, not giant cooperations. They rely on that income to pay the mortgage, upkeep and part of their income. It seems ridiculous that the government would step in and force them to allow people to stay for over a year, rent free, without supplementing that somehow. 
    If they truly are concerned about people being homeless they could have easily covered that in the trillions already spent instead of giving away free phony business loans for example.
    And now when I drove around I see half of fast food/small restaurants are drive through or to go only because they can’t hire enough staff to open inside dining, even though they have help wanted signs offering $19 starting pay. These extensions of no evictions and unemployment bonus is just ridiculous at this point.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited August 2021
    I think these programs should end soon too but you guys know there are programs available, by mortgage companies, for landlords right? There are forbearance programs available for people who are experiencing a hardship and cannot make their payments that do not affect their credit scores.

Also, Mace, I find your second paragraph a bit offensive to folks in the restaurant industry. You make it seem like they're all just lazy fucks who don't want to go back to work. I have read multiple articles over the last few months about people in that field who are using this time to re evaluate their lives and going back to school or just moving onto a different line of work that pays much better and provides much better benefits. Strong possibility that a lot of those people will not go back even when these benefits end. Good for them. I would think twice about shaming these folks. They work their asses off for peanuts. Hell, I would take advantage of this time and make a pivot if I were them to.

Also, stating the obvious--but if a certain ex president and certain red, southern states, would've just taken the pandemic more seriously from the start instead of doing things like belittling mask wearing and not encouraging people to get the vaccine, perhaps there would not have been a need to extend the unemployment benefits for as long as they have. And now with the Delta variant and the possibility of other variants mutating because these dopes still refuse to wear a mask and/or get vaccinated...who knows how long this will last? But hey, this is a America and we all need to protect our FREEDUMBS AND STUFF! Fucking idiots.

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited August 2021
    I think these programs should end soon too but you guys know there are programs available, by mortgage companies, for landlords right? There are forbearance programs available for people who are experiencing a hardship and cannot make their payments that do not affect their credit scores.

Also, Mace, I find your second paragraph a bit offensive to folks in the restaurant industry. You make it seem like they're all just lazy fucks who don't want to go back to work. I have read multiple articles over the last few months about people in that field who are using this time to re evaluate their lives and going back to school or just moving onto a different line of work that pays much better and provides much better benefits. Strong possibility that a lot of those people will not go back even when these benefits end. Good for them. I would think twice about shaming these folks. They work their asses off for peanuts. Hell, I would take advantage of this time and make a pivot if I were them to.

Also, stating the obvious--but if a certain ex president and certain red, southern states, would've just taken the pandemic more seriously from the start instead of doing things like belittling mask wearing and not encouraging people to get the vaccine, perhaps there would not have been a need to extend the unemployment benefits for as long as they have. And now with the Delta variant and the possibility of other variants mutating because these dopes still refuse to wear a mask and/or get vaccinated...who knows how long this will last? But hey, this is a America and we all need to protect our FREEDUMBS AND STUFF! Fucking idiots.

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 
    I’m aware there are forbearance programs for mortgages, but haven’t looked too deeply into them. I do believe it’s just a temporary pause or reduced payment, and you will still owe the whole loan amount. I’m guessing you have to make up the difference at a certain point. Either way, I think it’s wrong for the government to force someone to keep renting to someone who isn’t paying rent, regardless if there’s landlord programs or not. Especially for this wrong. A couple months maybe, but a year and half?
    Im not trying to offend restaurant workers. If I was making as much or more not working, I’d use that opportunity to better myself too. I’m not blaming them. I’m blaming the policies that are still being extended. Our governor extended the unemployment benefit through September. So now we have high unemployment and record high demand at the same time. Restaurants who struggled for the last year and half are still struggling because they can’t open due to lack of staff. The problem is the policies that allow this, not the workers. We don’t eat out a lot, but we have a few favorite places we go to when we do. Most have significantly raised their prices. A $10 breakfast skillet a year ago is now $13. A local Mexican joint had a $7 burrito that’s now $9. A lot of that is cost of food, but also having to run half a restaurant too and increasing pay to get people to come in. A pizza place we like had a hour wait because they were at half capacity due to low staffing. We’ll probably eat out even less now. It just seems asinine that this is still going on. The unemployment benefit was to keep food on the table when jobs weren’t available. Now they are, and in many cases paying even better than before. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    It was my understanding that the forbearance programs are for those with mortgages that have govt backing.  If not,  it's up to the lender holder.  Is that not accurate?
    mace1229 said:

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 
    I’m aware there are forbearance programs for mortgages, but haven’t looked too deeply into them. I do believe it’s just a temporary pause or reduced payment, and you will still owe the whole loan amount. I’m guessing you have to make up the difference at a certain point. Either way, I think it’s wrong for the government to force someone to keep renting to someone who isn’t paying rent, regardless if there’s landlord programs or not. Especially for this wrong. A couple months maybe, but a year and half?
    Im not trying to offend restaurant workers. If I was making as much or more not working, I’d use that opportunity to better myself too. I’m not blaming them. I’m blaming the policies that are still being extended. Our governor extended the unemployment benefit through September. So now we have high unemployment and record high demand at the same time. Restaurants who struggled for the last year and half are still struggling because they can’t open due to lack of staff. The problem is the policies that allow this, not the workers. We don’t eat out a lot, but we have a few favorite places we go to when we do. Most have significantly raised their prices. A $10 breakfast skillet a year ago is now $13. A local Mexican joint had a $7 burrito that’s now $9. A lot of that is cost of food, but also having to run half a restaurant too and increasing pay to get people to come in. A pizza place we like had a hour wait because they were at half capacity due to low staffing. We’ll probably eat out even less now. It just seems asinine that this is still going on. The unemployment benefit was to keep food on the table when jobs weren’t available. Now they are, and in many cases paying even better than before. 
    Forbearance programs are temporary, but so is the eviction moratorium thing. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it is a tool available to folks who cannot make their mortgage payments. I've talked to borrowers who have been in one for about a year or so.

Two months would've been fine with you but a year and a half would not have been? I know it's a long time but two months would have put them into the early part of last summer. Can you imagine how many people would be out on the streets had the government had NOT stepped in and extended this? And we cannot overlook the REASON this has been extended for a year and a half-----almost half of the fucking country is too dumb or ignorant to take a global pandemic seriously. 600,000 plus people have died and these morons still refuse to take the two simple steps that will get us out of this mess. I think your ire should be directed towards them and the republican party who has brainwashed them into believing political trash over the last year plus. A lot of those people thought this thing was fake and was going to just disappear if Trump lost the election. 

A lot of the folks who worked in that industry are using this time to go back to school or get into a different line of work that pays better and offers much better benefits. We added close to a million new jobs last month and the unemployment rate dropped. I bet once these benefits run out, you're still going to see shortages at these restaurants because people just found ways of bettering their lives and changing their career paths over the last year or so. I say good for them.

I'm sorry you are paying 2 bucks more for a burrito and that your breakfast skillet costs 3 bucks more. We all have to make sacrifices. Shame on the industry for offering such shitty wages and such horrible benefits to begin with. Perhaps if a sizeable portion doesn't come back in September they'll make those positions more attractive for people...of course them offering more competitive wages and benefits would likely mean you'd still be paying a few bucks more for a burrito so I guess you'd still be unhappy. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2021
    mace1229 said:

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 
    Forbearance programs are temporary, but so is the eviction moratorium thing. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it is a tool available to folks who cannot make their mortgage payments. I've talked to borrowers who have been in one for about a year or so.

Two months would've been fine with you but a year and a half would not have been? I know it's a long time but two months would have put them into the early part of last summer. Can you imagine how many people would be out on the streets had the government had NOT stepped in and extended this? And we cannot overlook the REASON this has been extended for a year and a half-----almost half of the fucking country is too dumb or ignorant to take a global pandemic seriously. 600,000 plus people have died and these morons still refuse to take the two simple steps that will get us out of this mess. I think your ire should be directed towards them and the republican party who has brainwashed them into believing political trash over the last year plus. A lot of those people thought this thing was fake and was going to just disappear if Trump lost the election. 

A lot of the folks who worked in that industry are using this time to go back to school or get into a different line of work that pays better and offers much better benefits. We added close to a million new jobs last month and the unemployment rate dropped. I bet once these benefits run out, you're still going to see shortages at these restaurants because people just found ways of bettering their lives and changing their career paths over the last year or so. I say good for them.

I'm sorry you are paying 2 bucks more for a burrito and that your breakfast skillet costs 3 bucks more. We all have to make sacrifices. Shame on the industry for offering such shitty wages and such horrible benefits to begin with. Perhaps if a sizeable portion doesn't come back in September they'll make those positions more attractive for people...of course them offering more competitive wages and benefits would likely mean you'd still be paying a few bucks more for a burrito so I guess you'd still be unhappy. lol

Landlords should not be the ones bearing the burden of housing those that cannot afford housing.  It’s not just about mortgage payments, but about the government interfering with their ability to run their businesses and possibly even feed their own families.  Did they make restaurants feed people for free or gas stations give out free gas?  I have a feeling that when the moratorium ends, there will be a shit ton of eviction notices, with the silver lining of squatters refusing to leave (because of further stupid laws preventing them from being kicked out in some states).  It is already a mess and will be a mess, and it doesn’t all have to do with the pandemic.  There have been stories of squatters taking over houses and refusing to leave for quite a while now, the pandemic just increased that loophole ten fold.  But the moratorium is nothing less than government backed theft against landlords.  The courts are going to be wrapped up in lawsuits for years over this, justifiably.
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 

Landlords should not be the ones bearing the burden of housing those that cannot afford housing.  It’s not just about mortgage payments, but about the government interfering with their ability to run their businesses and possibly even feed their own families.  Did they make restaurants feed people for free or gas stations give out free gas?  I have a feeling that when the moratorium ends, there will be a shit ton of eviction notices, with the silver lining of squatters refusing to leave (because of further stupid laws preventing them from being kicked out in some states).  It is already a mess and will be a mess, and it doesn’t all have to do with the pandemic.  There have been stories of squatters taking over houses and refusing to leave for quite a while now, the pandemic just increased that loophole ten fold.  But the moratorium is nothing less than government backed theft against landlords.  The courts are going to be wrapped up in lawsuits for years over this, justifiably.
    I understand the concerns. But if half the country took this pandemic seriously, we wouldn't still be dealing with this stuff. The republican party and the people who have blindly followed them have taken us down this path. Democrats believe in big government so, you got a pandemic like this....of course stuff like this was going to happen.

My thing is telling people not to wear masks and leading them to believe that vaccines are not worth it have not only resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, but have also opened the door to the issues we are talking about now. So it's just funny to me to see those same people (not necessarily you and mace--just in general) complain about the government overreach when the "overreach" is a direct reaction to their own stupidity. Had they just been good citizens followed the guidelines, we would be in so much better shape at this point .

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 

I understand the concerns. But if half the country took this pandemic seriously, we wouldn't still be dealing with this stuff. The republican party and the people who have blindly followed them have taken us down this path. Democrats believe in big government so, you got a pandemic like this....of course stuff like this was going to happen.

My thing is telling people not to wear masks and leading them to believe that vaccines are not worth it have not only resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, but have also opened the door to the issues we are talking about now. So it's just funny to me to see those same people (not necessarily you and mace--just in general) complain about the government overreach when the "overreach" is a direct reaction to their own stupidity. Had they just been good citizens followed the guidelines, we would be in so much better shape at this point .

This is just a way of passing the blame.  Regardless of whose at fault for the seriousness of the pandemic, the landlords are the ones having to carry the weight of bad government decisions regarding housing. Many of those landlords are perfectly “good citizens” that just got pissed all over by Republicans and Democrats alike.  The “you started it” response is just childish in my opinion.  Instead, focus on how to right the wrongful actions towards landlords.  I think landlords should be able to submit a list of renters that are delinquent and that those non-paying renters should have their wages (if any) and any stimulus money garnished to pay for back rent after the moratorium ends.  If the renters do not like it, they can sue the government for enforcement of such a shitty policy.
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

America.
    Fuck Yeah. 

I think you have to be careful in saying that because some idiots refused to wear masks and get vaxxed, now a property owner loses control/rights on his property.  These two things are not connected directly and it's not right.  Remember this is a double whammy for this owners.  Not only do they lose their revenue stream but for the small owner, their credit is getting blown up.  Even when it's over, they will have long term ramifications.