Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Whoa! 7th straight week of jobless claims as last week’s were the lowest since the start of the pandemic. So much losing. Go Brandon go!

And did you see President Biden go faaaaast in that GM electric vehicle that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds? He’s such a weak loser.
    FJB.  Everyone knows that diesel is the future.  

Coal fired boiler cars are the future, duh! 
    My point is that Biden is driving  and hyping up electric vehicles which most people could never afford. Meanwhile, gas prices are through the roof. Electric vehicles may be the future but most people still rely on gasoline and the rising price of gasoline must be addressed and fixed.

how much control does any president have over gas prices?
    JB must have loved Bill Clinton. Gallon of gas was under a dollar during the late nineties. Something tells he didn't love Bill Clinton though...
    I'd pick Bill Clinton over Obama or Biden. Biden is weak and that is clear to the rest of the world. That doesn't make gas prices go up or down but gas is a global issue and having a weak leader does not do us any good. I don't know if you knew this or not but I'm not the only one hurting from high gas prices.

Of course we need to look to the future but the price of electric vehicles are not going to be affordable for many more years to come.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Whoa! 7th straight week of jobless claims as last week’s were the lowest since the start of the pandemic. So much losing. Go Brandon go!

And did you see President Biden go faaaaast in that GM electric vehicle that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds? He’s such a weak loser.

My point is that Biden is driving  and hyping up electric vehicles which most people could never afford. Meanwhile, gas prices are through the roof. Electric vehicles may be the future but most people still rely on gasoline and the rising price of gasoline must be addressed and fixed.

Oil is expensive because OPEC is still not pumping at pre-pandemic levels, let alone enough to meet the high demand from all the pent up projects, construction, goods, etc.  They have started but they are slow playing it.  They know 82 per barrel is unsustainable but they have no interest in getting it to $60 anytime too soon.  There's nothing anyone can do to strong arm the cartel.

Biden has two levers, the strategic reserve and policy.  Tapping the reserve (which evidently they are considering) would provide immediate relief.  But it's not easy decision.  It's rarely done, maybe once or twice in our lifetime.  It's there for disasters and such, or like the energy crisis in the 70's.  We are not at that level.  I don't know that I support that or not right now.

The second option is some policy.  And in the new infrastructure bill, there are several billion allocated to the states to help low income pay energy bills this winter.  Will this help middle class people?  No, probably not directly.  

So this is not an easy problem and there is no easy solution.  The supply chains need to restart in full, but the oil prices have to come down to abate inflation.  it's that simple. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

JB must have loved Bill Clinton. Gallon of gas was under a dollar during the late nineties. Something tells he didn't love Bill Clinton though...
    I'd pick Bill Clinton over Obama or Biden. Biden is weak and that is clear to the rest of the world. That doesn't make gas prices go up or down but gas is a global issue and having a weak leader does not do us any good. I don't know if you knew this or not but I'm not the only one hurting from high gas prices.

Of course we need to look to the future but the price of electric vehicles are not going to be affordable for many more years to come.
    Weak?  So threaten the cartel?  With what precisely?  Empty threats make you look like a fool.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Dude....the president does not control gas prices. That is the point. Gas prices rose during Trump's presidency too. Something tells me you did not say anything about it. What do you want the president to do to lower your gas prices?

Also weak? lol Trump was notorious for being afraid to fire people in person. Then of course he's still whining about his loss a full year later. Doesn't get any weaker than that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    trump was by far the weakest POS that office has ever seen. calling biden weak when he's getting shit done is laughable. i don't see other world leaders gathering together and laughing at him. or laughing at him at a world conference. gimme a break. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    trump was by far the weakest POS that office has ever seen. calling biden weak when he's getting shit done is laughable. i don't see other world leaders gathering together and laughing at him. or laughing at him at a world conference. gimme a break. 

There's some proof of world leaders laughing at Biden and his usual gaffes. Gimme a break.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    JB16057 said:

There's some proof of world leaders laughing at Biden and his usual gaffes. Gimme a break.

Lol...looks like a group of friends sharing a laugh to me. Here is Trump literally being laughed at on the national stage at the UN
    https://youtu.be/-z4y8OJxlK8
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    edited November 2021
    I think it's funny when people complain about gas prices. From what I've noticed, it's only when a democrat is in office, at least in the last 20 years. Prices have fluctuated between $2 - $4 dollars a gallon pretty consistently ever since we invaded the middle east under GWB. Maybe complain about that instead.

Edit: Maybe if Biden did a photo op groping a mystical orb the cartel would give us a holiday discount.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Lol...looks like a group of friends sharing a laugh to me. Here is Trump literally being laughed at on the national stage at the UN
    I apologize. I thought this thread was about Biden, not Trump.

I'm not the only one that is not happy with Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/18/politics/biden-approval-rating-low/index.html

You can talk Biden up all day long but the American people aren't happy with him and that is getting worse day by day.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

Dude, give me a break.  That's not laughing at Biden.  

And BTW, how can you hammer Biden for inflation and blame it on him, when you don't understand the causes or potential solutions?  That shows that you're just trying to score political points and that's exactly what's fucking wrong with this country today.  Everyone needs to stop being part of the problem.  We all need to do our part. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

And BTW, how can you hammer Biden for inflation and blame it on him, when you don't understand the causes or potential solutions?  That shows that you're just trying to score political points and that's exactly what's fucking wrong with this country today.  Everyone needs to stop being part of the problem.  We all need to do our part. 

In short, contrary to his campaign promises, by reducing the value of money, Biden has inflicted a huge new tax on all Americans, which falls most harshly on the poor and middle class. Of course, the stock market, which adjusts more quickly to inflation, has risen in nominal terms, meaning that those apparent gains are not actually “real” dollars but, rather, inflated dollars with which you can buy less. Over time, the economic consequences of overspending and inflation will lead to political consequences and the Fed will be forced to act — i.e., raise interest rates. 

ADVERTISEMENT

That, in turn, will lead to recession, rising unemployment and further social hardship. Compounding all of this is Biden’s sacrifice of America’s energy independence, putting the country again at the mercy of foreign oil producers. To get an idea of where America is headed, look no further than the economic collapse that happened under Jimmy Carter, the deepest and longest-lasting recession in the modern era.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'm not the only one that is not happy with Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/18/politics/biden-approval-rating-low/index.html

You can talk Biden up all day long but the American people aren't happy with him and that is getting worse day by day.

it is about biden, but when you complain about shit about biden but were silent during trump about exact same things (that were actually applicable with trump), pointing out the hypocrisy is not making this about trump, it's pointing out inconsistencies. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2021
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I love how polling matters to Trump supporters again. Biden's low point is near Trump's high point. Oh no!

Also, I guess you're just not gonna answer the question about what the president can do about gas prices? And can you tell us why you did not come here and complain about gas prices rising during Trump's term? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

it is about biden, but when you complain about shit about biden but were silent during trump about exact same things (that were actually applicable with trump), pointing out the hypocrisy is not making this about trump, it's pointing out inconsistencies. 
    You don't know what you're talking about. Just because I didn't come to a Pearl Jam message board and complain about Trump does not mean that I wasn't bringing up the issues I have with Trump. Trump is gone. It's time to discuss the current president and get over the last one.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Well, people that aren't happy with him over gas prices probably didn't vote for him, won't vote for him and never will no matter what policy issues get addressed that he can control. He is far from perfect, but we're also not in some free fall economically. People are doing so well they are quitting jobs and making different choices based on what's important to them. Bottom line is, the power is in the hands of the employee more so than it has been on decades. Employers and their business practices need to adjust or they aren't going to survive.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I love how polling matters to Trump supporters again. Biden's low point is near Trump's high point. Oh no!

Also, I guess you're just not gonna answer the question about what the president can do about gas prices? And can you tell us why you did not come here and complain about gas prices rising during Trump's term? lol
    I don't know the answer. I can tell you that I didn't come here and complain about gas prices during Trump's presidency because prices weren't this high! That's why many people weren't complaining about gas prices under Trump. lol

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I don't know the answer. I can tell you that I didn't come here and complain about gas prices during Trump's presidency because prices weren't this high! That's why many people weren't complaining about gas prices under Trump. lol

Typical. "I don't know the answer" but I'm going to blame the president anyway. We all know why you didn't complain about gas prices rising under Trump. It was a rhetorical question. lol 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Well, people that aren't happy with him over gas prices probably didn't vote for him, won't vote for him and never will no matter what policy issues get addressed that he can control. He is far from perfect, but we're also not in some free fall economically. People are doing so well they are quitting jobs and making different choices based on what's important to them. Bottom line is, the power is in the hands of the employee more so than it has been on decades. Employers and their business practices need to adjust or they aren't going to survive.

"Just nine months into his presidency, 71 percent of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction, the poll shows."

I know that's hard to believe that the most voted for President in history is failing his own people but it's true.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Typical. "I don't know the answer" but I'm going to blame the president anyway. We all know why you didn't complain about gas prices rising under Trump. It was a rhetorical question. lol 
    I answered you honestly and all you can do is lol.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Just because I didn't come to a Pearl Jam message board and complain about Trump does not mean that I wasn't bringing up the issues I have with Trump. Trump is gone. It's time to discuss the current president and get over the last one.

things don't magically start from scratch in politics. the old guy is relevant to the new guy. always has been. but i guess it's time to "move on" when you just want to bitch. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

things don't magically start from scratch in politics. the old guy is relevant to the new guy. always has been. but i guess it's time to "move on" when you just want to bitch. 
    At some point the old is no longer relevant to the new guy but TDS has a grip on too many people. Let it go Elsa

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

At some point the old is no longer relevant to the new guy but TDS has a grip on too many people. Let it go Elsa

HAHA, he's literally still the leader of the party and will probably get the nom in 24. and he's been the past president for 10 months. barrack got 'thanks obama!" for literally 12 years. the republicans are STILL fucking talking about him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Trust me, as someone out in the rest of the world, yes, the rest of the world was laughing at Trump pretty much all of the time. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

In short, contrary to his campaign promises, by reducing the value of money, Biden has inflicted a huge new tax on all Americans, which falls most harshly on the poor and middle class. Of course, the stock market, which adjusts more quickly to inflation, has risen in nominal terms, meaning that those apparent gains are not actually “real” dollars but, rather, inflated dollars with which you can buy less. Over time, the economic consequences of overspending and inflation will lead to political consequences and the Fed will be forced to act — i.e., raise interest rates. 

ADVERTISEMENT

That, in turn, will lead to recession, rising unemployment and further social hardship. Compounding all of this is Biden’s sacrifice of America’s energy independence, putting the country again at the mercy of foreign oil producers. To get an idea of where America is headed, look no further than the economic collapse that happened under Jimmy Carter, the deepest and longest-lasting recession in the modern era.

So are you predicting a recession? Is that why you posted someone else's thoughts, via this opinion piece? 

GDP Forecasts right are at 3.9 for this quarter and over 4% next year.  When do you think this recession will hit?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Oil is expensive because OPEC is still not pumping at pre-pandemic levels, let alone enough to meet the high demand from all the pent up projects, construction, goods, etc.  They have started but they are slow playing it.  They know 82 per barrel is unsustainable but they have no interest in getting it to $60 anytime too soon.  There's nothing anyone can do to strong arm the cartel.

Biden has two levers, the strategic reserve and policy.  Tapping the reserve (which evidently they are considering) would provide immediate relief.  But it's not easy decision.  It's rarely done, maybe once or twice in our lifetime.  It's there for disasters and such, or like the energy crisis in the 70's.  We are not at that level.  I don't know that I support that or not right now.

The second option is some policy.  And in the new infrastructure bill, there are several billion allocated to the states to help low income pay energy bills this winter.  Will this help middle class people?  No, probably not directly.  

So this is not an easy problem and there is no easy solution.  The supply chains need to restart in full, but the oil prices have to come down to abate inflation.  it's that simple. 
    My repub friends said that since Biden has took office oil production is down in this country because Biden wants more oil from opec.  Any truth to that?  Were we energy independent under trump as they say?  If so what happened?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Did you see where the container backlog at the ports is easing? Wow, go Brandon go!

The backlog of containers at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach appears to be easing, days before new fees are set to begin for shipping companies responsible for containers clogging the docks.

The number of containers that have been dwelling on the docks in Los Angeles and Long Beach for at least nine days has fallen over 20% in a week— a “promising sign” that recent actions are helping with port congestion, the White House said Wednesday.

Backlog of shipping containers at Ports of L.A., Long Beach appears to be easing | KTLA

And its improved even more over the past week. That Brandon, he sure as shit sucks and is a loser.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

My repub friends said that since Biden has took office oil production is down in this country because Biden wants more oil from opec.  Any truth to that?  Were we energy independent under trump as they say?  If so what happened?
    No we weren't energy independent.  That's crazy talk.  They think Biden has disassembled a private sector industry like energy in the last 10 months?? Are they on crack? Drilling in the US has actually increased this year.  We are fracking heavy and you can't frack when oil is less than around 40 a barrel.  That's the shut down price. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Not my area of expertise but from
    what I read the US has always been a net importer of petroleum products except briefly in 2020. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No we weren't energy independent.  That's crazy talk.  They think Biden has disassembled a private sector industry like energy in the last 10 months?? Are they on crack? Drilling in the US has actually increased this year.  We are fracking heavy and you can't frack when oil is less than around 40 a barrel.  That's the shut down price. 
    Oh yeah I hear all the time we were energy independent under Trump and now Biden wants more oil from opec which in turns shuts down us refineries.   This of course drives up the cost of oil since opec controls the prices.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

"Just nine months into his presidency, 71 percent of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction, the poll shows."

I know that's hard to believe that the most voted for President in history is failing his own people but it's true.

I understand his approval numbers aren't great, but these are the main issues people are citing based on that article:

The NBC News poll comes after a rough summer and early fall for the first-year president, as he’s faced a new surge of coronavirus cases and deaths, fallout from the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistanrising inflationdisappointing jobs numbers and Democratic infighting over Biden’s legislative agenda.

Covid can't go away if anti maskers and anti vaxxers won't do their part. The Afghanistan withdrawal had a rough start, but ultimately we're finally out of there, inflation is related to the supply issues and jobs are based on what I previously pointed out. Maybe if Biden were a dictator and democrats banded together to push through their policies things would be different and people would have other things to complain about.

Joe is old as fuck and past his prime, but at least he's not a raging narcissist spouting lies and spreading misinformation daily.