Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    haha Ohana Orphans sounds great
  • MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 73
    Here's the thread for anyone interested in meeting up at the fest: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/289485/ohana-orphans-solo-attendees-meetup-and-anyone-else Come say hi!

San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 594
    Nkatie said:
    Marieow said:
    Hi Everyone! I'm going to both Ohana weekends, but will be solo for the Encore both days. Anyone else going solo and want to hang out? If won't be my first time going to see PJ alone, but it would be nice to make some friends while I'm there. :) 
    I've never been to Ohana. So excited!
    howdy! I just grabbed tickets for Friday and it's up in the air if I'll be solo. At previous shows were I went solo I put out a call on this message board and ended up partying with a group of fellow solo show goers. even if my ticket partner goes with me you're more than welcome to party with us! Its my first time at Ohana too so I'll be learning the ropes as well, just wanted to let you know we out here if you want people to kick it with. 
    [Pending being able to buy a ticket] I'd also be coming solo for Friday's show (from Seattle!), and I would love to meet up!
    Of course! The more the merrier! 
  • jnick8855jnick8855 Posts: 1
    Hey PJ fans, I joined the Ten Club in hopes of getting a pre-sales code....looks like i was too late. If anyone has one that they aren't using I'd love it if you would PM it to me. Flying in from Toronto and hoping to see PJ on the beach!!!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    jnick8855 said:
    Hey PJ fans, I joined the Ten Club in hopes of getting a pre-sales code....looks like i was too late. If anyone has one that they aren't using I'd love it if you would PM it to me. Flying in from Toronto and hoping to see PJ on the beach!!!
    Not sure if you were a past Ohana purchaser for tickets but they are emailing out presale codes today to those that have bought tickets on their site before. Hopefully that helps you or anyone that signed up just for this but too late. 
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311
    edited July 2021
    There are some weekend VIP tickets to the encore weekend for below face value on StubHub right now. 
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
    edited July 2021
    Public presale up now for those that it applies to. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    10 days off work approved! 

Going to be a great vacation. 

3 shows at back to back to back at the same venue with nothing in between. When was the last time this was done? Spectrum? Break in between is different but still excited to see what they pull off set wise. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    PJNB said:

3 shows at back to back to back at the same venue with nothing in between. When was the last time this was done? Spectrum? Break in between is different but still excited to see what they pull off set wise. 
    This sounds.....expensive.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

Head down to Tijuana for the week in the middle?
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    Has anyone ever done the ultimate VIP + before? Or is that a new option for this year? 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Having just dealt with AXS trying to buy tickets to see The Killers, I just came back to say, again, that buying Ohana Encore tickets was smooth and easy.

AXS added me to the queue but logged me out in the process, so I had to log back in, losing my tickets and my place in line. Not cool. For whatever it's worth, Frontgate did a much better job.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

We are likely to head north. Going up to the Big Sur. Price really is not that bad compared to other trips plus this is our first one since 2018 so gotta go big! 
  • Ticket for both days secured. These will be my first 2 PJ shows... I'm so excited.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

I think it's relatively inexpensive to visit SoCal...living there seems to be a different story.

Ticket for both days secured. These will be my first 2 PJ shows... I'm so excited.
    Awesome!! Enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    mfc2006 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

I think it's relatively inexpensive to visit SoCal...living there seems to be a different story.

Ticket for both days secured. These will be my first 2 PJ shows... I'm so excited.
    Awesome!! Enjoy!
    It is very expensive to live in Southern California these days....a decent 1-bedroom apartment runs about $2,000/month.  Gas is about $4.60/gallon.  Traffic is horrible (though it is lighter these days due to covid).  I am not sure why more people aren't leaving the area due to the high cost of living.  Our homeless problem is out of control.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    I'm going solo. How does it generally work if I get myself a decent spot to stand? Can I make friends with the people near me and go out to the bathroom on occasion or once I leave my spot is there no going back?
    I'm solo too...I go every year but usually with someone. Honestly.. it's not like an indoor show.. don't worry about that stuff. You know if you're up close you'll have to make friends... that's the way it always is
  • PJNB said:
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

We are likely to head north. Going up to the Big Sur. Price really is not that bad compared to other trips plus this is our first one since 2018 so gotta go big! 
    Big Sur......you want to really spend some money "getting away from it all"  book yourself a room here ( https://www.postranchinn.com/ )
    or here ( https://www.ventanabigsur.com/ ).  It will make the rest of your trip feel like you are slumming.....hell, you may not even make it back for the Ohana Encore....
    PJNB said:
    kaw753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:

Big Sur......you want to really spend some money "getting away from it all"  book yourself a room here ( https://www.postranchinn.com/ )
    or here ( https://www.ventanabigsur.com/ ).  It will make the rest of your trip feel like you are slumming.....hell, you may not even make it back for the Ohana Encore....
    Looks a tad bit out of my price range and is sold out! Looks beautiful though. Anything else you would recommend?
  • Big Sur is tough....you may want to meander a little further up the coastline to Monterey...there are more realistic options (Marriott properties) in and around there...  I was joking about the Post Ranch Inn and Ventana....every year I think to myself "Self...I should take my wife to Post Ranch Inn or Ventana" and then I see the prices and figure dinner and a gift will do just fine....
    Big Sur is tough....you may want to meander a little further up the coastline to Monterey...there are more realistic options (Marriott properties) in and around there...  I was joking about the Post Ranch Inn and Ventana....every year I think to myself "Self...I should take my wife to Post Ranch Inn or Ventana" and then I see the prices and figure dinner and a gift will do just fine....
    I really think we will hit Carmel by the Sea an do a uturn there. Probably first day will be Santa Barbara. Second would be exploring the coastline and some with the third and 4th would be staying at Laguna beach the night before the first Encore show. Those places do look fantastic but honestly as long as the room is clean we are good to go. 
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    hey PJNB, make sure you plan ahead on Big Sur and if you plan on camping you will need reservations: https://www.reservecalifornia.com/CaliforniaWebHome/

I was supposed to be camping up there this weekend but our reservations were canceled due to fire risk. Ironically enough it rained in LA early this morning lol. 
    FirstExit said:
    hey PJNB, make sure you plan ahead on Big Sur and if you plan on camping you will need reservations: https://www.reservecalifornia.com/CaliforniaWebHome/

I was supposed to be camping up there this weekend but our reservations were canceled due to fire risk. Ironically enough it rained in LA early this morning lol. 
    Cool thanks for the heads up. We love to camp just do not think this is the trip for it. Just bringing a backpack each for 10 days. So packing very light. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    FirstExit said:

Cool thanks for the heads up. We love to camp just do not think this is the trip for it. Just bringing a backpack each for 10 days. So packing very light. 

Check out Joshua tree national
    park if you can.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,395
    Serious question folks: (for nighttime PJ) flip flops for the sand or running shoes for protection?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    tish said:
    Serious question folks: (for nighttime PJ) flip flops for the sand or running shoes for protection?
    Shoes.  It’s mostly a grass field at Ohana.  It’s beside the beach more so than on the beach.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,395
    ^ k, thank you, RatherS
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    tish said:
    absolutely flip flops! I don't think I even own a pair of shoes! haha
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    edited July 2021
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited July 2021
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin