Options

Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    Fauci today says no lockdowns, that puts that idea to bed!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Melzombie said:
    California will NOT lockdown but we will surely have mask mandates back again. In a close packed crowd, like Lolla, there WILL be tons of positive tests. The vaxxed who are infected will take the covid variant with them and spread it around. I think masks are not unreasonable and it's better than canceling events. 
    I'm not an anti-masker, but good look to the fest crew enforcing masks outside, if it ends up like that. What a complete nightmare. Can you imagine someone going through the huge crowd, "excuse me sir, you need to cover your mouth and nose." I work part time at a grocery store (so I can afford to follow PJ) and it was a literal nightmare, a NIGHTMARE enforcing masks at my store. We had employees get threatened and spit on. I can't imagine them enforcing at Ohana. Maybe inside? but not at the stages. 

anyone else think they will require tests/cards like Lolla?? It doesn't matter to me because I'm fully vaccinated. 
    No. Jeff Ament said in a recent interview they are not into playing if they have to check for vaccinations. Therefore, one would have to imagine they are not into having staff police attendees for mask wearing.  Outdoor spread of the virus is remote anyway. 
    Fact:The risk of contracting the virus occurs when you are within 2 meters of a person indoors for 15 minutes or more. That 15 minutes is cumulative. 

There is some dispute regarding the CDC claim that 10% of transmission occur outdoors. Natural ventilation of being outdoors would significantly impede the ability of the virus to spread even if you were in a large crowd: 
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2021/5/12/1_5425049.html

With approximately 60% of the crowd vaccinated (I believe the US vaccination rate is lower than that, real head scratcher to me) the risk is even lower. 
    Ultimately, I have to ask:
    How long should I be impeded from doing the things I enjoy because Alt-right lunatics don’t want to get vaccinated? To be clear, Alberta is as right wing as Canada can get and there are a fair share of alt-right wingnuts here.  We have zero restrictions and while infections are rising, hospitalizations are down. Lockdowns were to help the hospitals get through this…. We are through it.  Time to rock! 

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    well, from my understanding the new CDC announcement says "vaccinated people are reccomended to still wear a mask INDOORS." 
    They don't mention outdoors. Hopefully it stays that way. If PJ was playing a smaller indoor venue, I would be more worried. I hope I'm right. I guess I'm being more pessimistic to prepare myself mentally for any disapointment. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Just plan ahead for the following scenarios:

- pack your vaccination card or research facilities for rapid testing results if you aren’t vaccinated
    - bring a mask in the event you’d have to wear it while at or around the fest grounds
    - know your refund status for flights/hotel if things go south as worst case scenario of a postponed/cancelled show happens

Apart from that, there’s little else under anyone’s control from now until they take the stage. 
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 611
    Best international airport to fly into?  Or closest?
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Melzombie said:
    California will NOT lockdown but we will surely have mask mandates back again. In a close packed crowd, like Lolla, there WILL be tons of positive tests. The vaxxed who are infected will take the covid variant with them and spread it around. I think masks are not unreasonable and it's better than canceling events. 
    I'm not an anti-masker, but good look to the fest crew enforcing masks outside, if it ends up like that. What a complete nightmare. Can you imagine someone going through the huge crowd, "excuse me sir, you need to cover your mouth and nose." I work part time at a grocery store (so I can afford to follow PJ) and it was a literal nightmare, a NIGHTMARE enforcing masks at my store. We had employees get threatened and spit on. I can't imagine them enforcing at Ohana. Maybe inside? but not at the stages. 

anyone else think they will require tests/cards like Lolla?? It doesn't matter to me because I'm fully vaccinated. 
    No. Jeff Ament said in a recent interview they are not into playing if they have to check for vaccinations. Therefore, one would have to imagine they are not into having staff police attendees for mask wearing.  Outdoor spread of the virus is remote anyway. 
    Fact:The risk of contracting the virus occurs when you are within 2 meters of a person indoors for 15 minutes or more. That 15 minutes is cumulative. 

There is some dispute regarding the CDC claim that 10% of transmission occur outdoors. Natural ventilation of being outdoors would significantly impede the ability of the virus to spread even if you were in a large crowd: 
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/toronto/2021/5/12/1_5425049.html

With approximately 60% of the crowd vaccinated (I believe the US vaccination rate is lower than that, real head scratcher to me) the risk is even lower. 
    How long should I be impeded from doing the things I enjoy because Alt-right lunatics don’t want to get vaccinated? To be clear, Alberta is as right wing as Canada can get and there are a fair share of alt-right wingnuts here.  We have zero restrictions and while infections are rising, hospitalizations are down. Lockdowns were to help the hospitals get through this…. We are through it.  Time to rock! 

I keep seeing this "if you are scared of getting COVID just wear a mask" narrative from the right. They equate mask wearing with fear...yet they are "scared" to get a fucking shot?  I can't get over the idiocy of these people.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    edited August 2021
    aidt17 said:
    Someone closer maybe better off answering for you but flying in from Toronto on the 24th I found LAX the best for price and time of arrival compared to San Diego.  I need to fly to Toronto from my hometown so I do miss an earlier SD flight that might work for you. What date are you flying in?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    aidt17 said:

By driving distance to Dana Point:

International airports near Dana Point, CA

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    I'm flying into John Wayne and leaving out of LAX because I'm going to explore Los Angeles as well on this trip. 
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    To those of you still figuring out your travel plans, SNA is by far the best airport to fly into. The traffic situation alone makes it worth any extra costs, but lately getting a rental car from LAX has been a total clusterfuck and extremely expensive. Although you might find the cheapest flight at LAX if you're renting/driving down your total cost of the trip might be more expensive...and definitely more stressful and time consuming.
  • Options
    PJNB said: 
    aidt17 said:
    Someone closer maybe better off answering for you but flying in from Toronto on the 24th I found LAX the best for price and time of arrival compared to San Diego.  I need to fly to Toronto from my hometown so I do miss an earlier SD flight that might work for you. What date are you flying in?
    It would be likely the Thursday night or early Friday morning if possible. We’re just waiting for the school calendars to come out to see if it’s even a possibility for us at least one of us to go 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1

• Options
    FirstExit said:
    To those of you still figuring out your travel plans, SNA is by far the best airport to fly into. The traffic situation alone makes it worth any extra costs, but lately getting a rental car from LAX has been a total clusterfuck and extremely expensive. Although you might find the cheapest flight at LAX if you're renting/driving down your total cost of the trip might be more expensive...and definitely more stressful and time consuming.
    That’s an intriguing option 
    thanks 

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    FirstExit said:
    Definitely the better airport, BUT pretty hard to find non-stop flights to. I'm flying into LAX from FL just for that reason, but scored a rental to GTFO. Otherwise, the closest non-stop is an hour away :o  regardless, good luck to all!

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Marieow said:
    Encore #1 will be show #20 for this guy! Can’t believe it’s with fucking Beck this is amazing 
    I am SO excited for Beck!!!
    Im so fired up lol.  It’s my first time seeing him… but I was a Beck nerd way before I was a Pearl Jam nerd lol
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Marieow said:
    Encore #1 will be show #20 for this guy! Can’t believe it’s with fucking Beck this is amazing 
    I am SO excited for Beck!!!
    Im so fired up lol.  It’s my first time seeing him… but I was a Beck nerd way before I was a Pearl Jam nerd lol
    Odelay in its entirety for the 25th anniversary would be incredible!
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 813
    Melzombie said:

I keep seeing this "if you are scared of getting COVID just wear a mask" narrative from the right. They equate mask wearing with fear...yet they are "scared" to get a fucking shot?  I can't get over the idiocy of these people.
    They aren't afraid of getting the shot.  They aren't afraid of anything, except their freedom of choice and being taken away.  They just don't want to get the vax because it is not yet fully FDA approved and because they think they don't need it, which is true for the relatively young and healthy.  Please try to stop living in fear.  We're all going to die.  And kudos for Jeff (and Eric Clapton) for saying that.  Those who are afraid can triple vax, triple mask, try to steer clear of people, or don't go to the show.  It's all about choice...right?  Or is the left ready to abandon personal choice and be in favor of Roe vs. Wade getting overturned/?  We should all be pro-choice, pro-life, and believers that there is an acceptable middle ground compromise on most issues.  The same is true here.  These shows are outdoors and anyone 12 and over can get vax'd and can mask up...so there is no reason to fear going to any show, as long as you do what you need to do to protect yourself in order to curb your fears and make you feel safe.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    JoMa1998JoMa1998 London, Ontario Posts: 30
    aidt17 said:
    PJNB said: 
    aidt17 said:
    It would be likely the Thursday night or early Friday morning if possible. We’re just waiting for the school calendars to come out to see if it’s even a possibility for us at least one of us to go 
    aidt17 said:
    FirstExit said:
    thanks 
    aidt17 said: We are coming from London Ont and had booked Toronto to San Diego initially when there was only one Ohana. Once the encore show was announced we changed our flights from Toronto to LA. The San Diego flights were all connectors, our initial flight time connector out of Denver changed a number of times already which was worrisome so changing to the direct Toronto LA flight made more sense. The flights were cheaper into LA and the car rental was almost exactly the same at LAX for the entire 11 days. 
    FirstExit said:
    thanks 

2005.09.12-London
    2006.05.09-Toronto
    2007.08.05-Lolla, Grant Park
    2008.08.13-EV Toronto
    2009.08.21-Toronto; 2009.10.30-Philly
    2010.05.06-Columbus; 2010.05.07-Noblesville
    2011.06.26-EV Detroit; 2011.09.11-Toronto; 2011.09.12-Toronto; 2011.09.15-Hamilton
    2013.07.16-London; 2013.07.19-Wrigley Field
    2014.10.16-Detroit
    2016.05.08-Ottawa; 2016.05.10-Toronto; 2016.05.12-Toronto; 2016.08.20-Wrigley Field; 2016.08.22-Wrigley Field
    2018.08.18-Wrigley Field; 2018.08.20-Wrigley Field
    2021.09.24/25/26-Ohana Festival; 2021.10.01/02-Ohana Encore
    2022.09.03-Ottawa; 2022.09.06-Hamilton; 2022.09.08-Toronto; 2022-09-15 Nashville 
    2023.08.31-Minneapolis; 2023.09.02-Minneapolis; 2023.09.05-Chicago; 2023.09.07-Chicago; 2023.09.29/30/10.01-Ohana Festival

• Options
    Melzombie said:

They aren't afraid of getting the shot.  They aren't afraid of anything, except their freedom of choice and being taken away.  They just don't want to get the vax because it is not yet fully FDA approved and because they think they don't need it, which is true for the relatively young and healthy.  Please try to stop living in fear.  We're all going to die.  And kudos for Jeff (and Eric Clapton) for saying that.  Those who are afraid can triple vax, triple mask, try to steer clear of people, or don't go to the show.  It's all about choice...right?  Or is the left ready to abandon personal choice and be in favor of Roe vs. Wade getting overturned/?  We should all be pro-choice, pro-life, and believers that there is an acceptable middle ground compromise on most issues.  The same is true here.  These shows are outdoors and anyone 12 and over can get vax'd and can mask up...so there is no reason to fear going to any show, as long as you do what you need to do to protect yourself in order to curb your fears and make you feel safe.
    I've seen enough people like you change their mind about the vaccine on their death beds. Get the shot....it doesn't hurt that bad.  You didn't cry that much when you were a kid and got all your shots right?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Melzombie said:

Nothing is 100% safe and so the more the population acts responsibly the better.  Unfortunately 30-40% of the country do not want to act responsibly (which is their right in this instance).  

I agree that we need to move on though as the 30-40% will never change their minds and get vaccinated.   
  • Options
    Melzombie said:

I've seen enough people like you change their mind about the vaccine on their death beds. Get the shot....it doesn't hurt that bad.  You didn't cry that much when you were a kid and got all your shots right?
    Let me know when one is fully FDA approved, and I may very well get the shot...or I may take my chances and trust my good health, diet, and immune system.  
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Melzombie said:

Let me know when one is fully FDA approved, and I may very well get the shot...or I may take my chances and trust my good health, diet, and immune system.  
    Fully approved is a bunch of malarkey… but I’ll still smoke a doober with you , herbs will be burning
  • Options
    Melzombie said:

Fully approved is a bunch of malarkey… but I’ll still smoke a doober with you , herbs will be burning
    Lots of malarkey going on out there, but now you're talking Brother!  Herbs may be the cure for covid.  That and tonic water/quinine (with vodka or gin of course).  :)  

Maybe that's why I've been unscathed.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,181
    Can the person who said car rental at LAX is a cluster please elaborate? I know it has always been a shuttle to rental agency airport but has something got even worse lately? Leaving aside the rate.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    You also gotta remember that there is a fairly strong breeze coming off the ocean that should help alleviate outside transmission.  I live here in Dana Point - we go to the beach and Doho all the time.  The wind is usually fairly strong during the day starting from late morning until sundown.  Also, flying into LAX would not be my first choice - I typically fly out of San Diego when I can't get a flight out of John Wayne.  Dana Point is essentially equidistant between SD and LA, but the traffic in LA can be brutal, and LAX generally sucks.  I'll be riding my bike to the shows, both weekends (yes, I know you hate me).
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    Can the person who said car rental at LAX is a cluster please elaborate? I know it has always been a shuttle to rental agency airport but has something got even worse lately? Leaving aside the rate.

In the last two months i've had friends and colleagues show up and either the rental agency doesn't have a car for them yet, and they have to wait 24-48 hours or go to another agency, or they've just been told they can't honor the reservation. Enterprise and Hertz. I've also heard the wait to get a car can get up to 3 hours long. Of course these are anecdotal, and i'm sure representation the minority of experiences, so keep an eye on the situation as we get closer to the dates. BTW the tip I often give coworkers flying to LAX is to take an uber to enterprise's locations in either Marina del Rey or on Venice Blvd near National. The rates are waits are always lower.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,181
    FirstExit said:

In the last two months i've had friends and colleagues show up and either the rental agency doesn't have a car for them yet, and they have to wait 24-48 hours or go to another agency, or they've just been told they can't honor the reservation. Enterprise and Hertz. I've also heard the wait to get a car can get up to 3 hours long. Of course these are anecdotal, and i'm sure representation the minority of experiences, so keep an eye on the situation as we get closer to the dates. BTW the tip I often give coworkers flying to LAX is to take an uber to enterprise's locations in either Marina del Rey or on Venice Blvd near National. The rates are waits are always lower.
    Thanks.  Sounds like a backup reservation is in order.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    DEGBTI said:
    Really? I tried hard to believe in this guy but he changes his tune daily. I know many follow him like he’s some messiah but he’s made too many blunders to even begin to count. Speaking of blunders let’s talk about the CDC and their outdoor spread guidance. Multiple studies showed outdoors transmission basically at zero but yet somehow the CDC settles on 10%? I was worried about theses shows and if restrictions are put in place I will immediately sell my tickets. This madness needs to end. At this point though I’d be shocked if these shows didn’t go and as is. Delta will eventually run out of unvaccinated targets susceptible to poor outcomes. Probably before these shows even happen. At which point we can start calling it endemic and get on with our lives before we cause any more self destruction. See you all in two months!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/briefing/outdoor-covid-transmission-cdc-number.html
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    surforia said:
    You also gotta remember that there is a fairly strong breeze coming off the ocean that should help alleviate outside transmission.  I live here in Dana Point - we go to the beach and Doho all the time.  The wind is usually fairly strong during the day starting from late morning until sundown.  Also, flying into LAX would not be my first choice - I typically fly out of San Diego when I can't get a flight out of John Wayne.  Dana Point is essentially equidistant between SD and LA, but the traffic in LA can be brutal, and LAX generally sucks.  I'll be riding my bike to the shows, both weekends (yes, I know you hate me).
    Yes...SD easy drive to south OC... drive from LAX to DanaPoint is a bitch. Plus more likely, not guaranteed, to have cars in SD.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Flying into Long Beach.  Not quite as close as SNA. 
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    Really? I tried hard to believe in this guy but he changes his tune daily. I know many follow him like he’s some messiah but he’s made too many blunders to even begin to count. Speaking of blunders let’s talk about the CDC and their outdoor spread guidance. Multiple studies showed outdoors transmission basically at zero but yet somehow the CDC settles on 10%? I was worried about theses shows and if restrictions are put in place I will immediately sell my tickets. This madness needs to end. At this point though I’d be shocked if these shows didn’t go and as is. Delta will eventually run out of unvaccinated targets susceptible to poor outcomes. Probably before these shows even happen. At which point we can start calling it endemic and get on with our lives before we cause any more self destruction. See you all in two months!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/briefing/outdoor-covid-transmission-cdc-number.html
    He reports what the science reveals. Science can blunder.