Options

Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    But what is “proof of vaccination”? I have a 2 cards from the pharmacy saying what vaccine I received and which dose it was. Is that proof of vaccine? If so, it is easily counterfeited. How is a security guard at Ohana going to check if the vaccination I received in Calgary is from a legit pharmacy? It’s a dog and pony show if you ask me. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    But what is “proof of vaccination”? I have a 2 cards from the pharmacy saying what vaccine I received and which dose it was. Is that proof of vaccine? If so, it is easily counterfeited. How is a security guard at Ohana going to check if the vaccination I received in Calgary is from a legit pharmacy? It’s a dog and pony show if you ask me. 
    Are those the CDC cards?  That is your proof if so.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The CDC is an American institution. The CDC has no jurisdiction over Canada, hopefully you realize that 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The CDC is an American institution. The CDC has no jurisdiction over Canada, hopefully you realize that 
    LOL....didn't realize you were Canadian.  I guess Calgary should have tipped me off.  I'm so stupid.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I I didn’t realize the CDC gives Americans a card proving they received the vaccine. We both learned something.  😂
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,434
    Some medical providers allow you to receive a text with a Q-code showing your proof of vax.....a good way to reduce phony vax cards.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 604

In BC we get a card like you (easily counterfeited), but also can log in online to our medical health profile which shows which vaccine and what day. I went to Europe for work this way and came back into Canada after July 7 and that was accepted. Who knows though with 20,000 people going into a concert venue if that will even be checked properly.
    I would assume by the time we can get into the USA for non essential purposes, hopefully that is soon, the assumption is if Canadian you were checked at the border for vaccination. No way non vaccinated will be allowed into USA for the immediate future.
  • Options
    chitty said:

In BC we get a card like you (easily counterfeited), but also can log in online to our medical health profile which shows which vaccine and what day. I went to Europe for work this way and came back into Canada after July 7 and that was accepted. Who knows though with 20,000 people going into a concert venue if that will even be checked properly.
    I would assume by the time we can get into the USA for non essential purposes, hopefully that is soon, the assumption is if Canadian you were checked at the border for vaccination. No way non vaccinated will be allowed into USA for the immediate future.
    We have that in Alberta as well. It shows everything my family doctor can see. Still not sure how a worker at the gate is going to know that is legitimate. I’m pretty sure the band knows this and it was why Jeff said in a recent interview they aren’t into performing if they have to test or check vaccinations. 

US customs has allowed Canadians to fly into the US throughout the pandemic. Only requirement is a 72 hour COVID test. No proof of vaccination required. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,848
    Curious what songs everyone is hoping to hear whether it is for the first time or not. My top five would be
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Hard to Imagine
    3. Hold On
    4. Undone
    5. Around the Bend

• Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 545
    PJNB said:
    Curious what songs everyone is hoping to hear whether it is for the first time or not. My top five would be
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Hard to Imagine
    3. Hold On
    4. Undone
    5. Around the Bend

I would love any of those.  For me it’s Around The Bend, Otherside, All or None, Big Wave.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,780
    PJNB said:
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Hard to Imagine
    3. Hold On
    4. Undone
    5. Around the Bend
    In no particular order...
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Red Mosquito (scratched from 3 of my 5 last shows)
    3. Hard to Imagine
    4. Retrograde
    5. Arc
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    PJNB said:
    Curious what songs everyone is hoping to hear whether it is for the first time or not. 
    Similar list for me. The older songs I have not yet seen that I most want to see includes Hard to Imagine, Parting Ways, Around the Bend for sure. Also, I Got Shit and You Are may round out my top 5. I'll throw Of The Earth in there too.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,558
    I am curious how often Comes Then Goes gets played.   I don’t have any interest in hearing that live.  Too long and monotonous.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I am curious how often Comes Then Goes gets played.   I don’t have any interest in hearing that live.  Too long and monotonous.
    Will be interesting to see how these songs translate live.  Aside from the first four tracks, I think the rest could potentially be snoozers.  And I thoroughly enjoy the slower side of their catalog.  Some of these from Gigaton just don't seem like they'll do well live, but I hope to be wrong.

• Options
    Jam the shit out of Alone
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,307
    Society, please and thanks.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Wonder if that gets the Saturday Night EV solo treatment. 

bbiggs said:
    Will be interesting to see how these songs translate live.  Aside from the first four tracks, I think the rest could potentially be snoozers.  And I thoroughly enjoy the slower side of their catalog.  Some of these from Gigaton just don't seem like they'll do well live, but I hope to be wrong.

Crowd wise I think you might be right but still think a lot of the songs from 5-12 can fit into the set on a semi regular basis on the upcoming 2022 tour. I hope for Ohana we get them all throughout the 3 nights too. 4 a night would be a perfect mix with the other staples. 
  • Options
    tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Hard to Imagine
    3. Hold On
    4. Undone
    5. Around the Bend
    In no particular order...
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Red Mosquito (scratched from 3 of my 5 last shows)
    3. Hard to Imagine
    4. Retrograde
    5. Arc

Parting Ways is by far my white whale. Loved hearing played at the London 18 show and hope to hear it someday. Parting Ways into Immortality with extended jam outro would be a dream come true for me to end a first set. 

Red Mosquito is so good live. That ending is one of my favs to any song. Great sing along, harmonica, guitar solo, it has it all. Hope you get it.  

Hard to Imagine. Not much else to be said here aside from my request thread. What a gem of a song and love for it to get more attention with more plays live. 

Retrograde is going to be a cool ass song live. Not sure where it fits in the set yet but I think that is going to be one of my favourites live from the new album. 

Arc might get the EV solo treatment again someday. Saturday night maybe?
  • Options
    RiotAct10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Curious what songs everyone is hoping to hear whether it is for the first time or not. 
    Similar list for me. The older songs I have not yet seen that I most want to see includes Hard to Imagine, Parting Ways, Around the Bend for sure. Also, I Got Shit and You Are may round out my top 5. I'll throw Of The Earth in there too.
    Some great songs there. I Got Shit would be 6th on my list for sure I think. I actually bumped it last second for Around the Bend. Lots of great memories when I was in my 20's listening to Around the Bend with my now wife. Such a simple but great song. I get why its not played a lot as most would not find it what great in a live setting but such a chill song I would love to hear someday. 

You Are seems to be getting more love the last couple of tours. Seems like every fourth show or so. Wonder with all of the slower songs on Gigaton if it will take a back seat for them to fill the spot. 

Of the Earth is fantastic live. Heard it at Wrigley 2 16 and Eddie nailed the vocals. The ending to that song is fantastic! Retrograde into Of the Earth would be cool!
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 929
    Eddie sang hard to imagine last year, opps, two years ago with the strokes at Ohana. So awesome!!
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,301
    DEGBTI said:
    Eddie sang hard to imagine last year, opps, two years ago with the strokes at Ohana. So awesome!!

YES! That was awesome!

He also sang Parting Ways in... 2017?  I think? I'd bet we're more likely to hear that in Ed's solo set than with the full band. As someone who considers Parting Ways to be a hugely underrated song, its appearance always makes the show a special one for me.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    edited August 2021
    Marker
    Insignificance
    Sad
    Last Exit
    Seven O'Clock/Dance/Quick Escape for the new ones
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Louder than Life in Louisville just announced proof of vaccine or negative test required to enter.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    Marker
    Insignificance
    Sad
    Last Exit
    Seven O'Clock/Dance/Quick Escape for the new ones
    Close to my list:

Marker
    Insignificance
    Inside Job
    Sad
    Glorified G
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    edited August 2021
    PJNB said:
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Hard to Imagine
    3. Hold On
    4. Undone
    5. Around the Bend

No Code

If only 5 or (6) side A

There are so many great songs but Encore 1 & 2 will be shows 74 and 75, so I have seen a lot. At the end of the day whatever they want and are excited to play. The entire new album is great and can't wait to see live. 

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,689
    edited August 2021
    Dance of the Clairvoyants
    Superblood Wolfmoon
    Seven O'Clock 
    Take The Long Way
    Comes then Goes

If the boys need a female voice for the lovely sighs on 7 O'Clock give me a shout!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    AEG Presents just announced after Oct. 1, you must be vaccinated to attend a show... a test will not suffice. 
    I'm wondering how this effects shows in states like Texas and Florida
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Wonder if that gets the Saturday Night EV solo treatment. 

bbiggs said:

Crowd wise I think you might be right but still think a lot of the songs from 5-12 can fit into the set on a semi regular basis on the upcoming 2022 tour. I hope for Ohana we get them all throughout the 3 nights too. 4 a night would be a perfect mix with the other staples. 
    River Cross seems like it would be a huge letdown for momentum at a PJ show. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,275
    PJNB said:
    1. Parting Ways
    2. Hard to Imagine
    3. Hold On
    4. Undone
    5. Around the Bend

My top 5 that I haven’t heard (in no particular order):
    1. Fatal
    2. Of the girl
    3. Around the bend
    4. Falling down
    5. Other side 

My top 5 that I’ve heard and would love to hear again: