Abortion-Keep Legal, Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Si
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    Here we gooooo.....

Mississippi asks the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/mississippi-roe-v-wade-abortion/index.html
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206
    I say legal,but not past the first trimester. 
  • Options
    Texas, another state that I won't be visiting any time soon....

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Texas, another state that I won't be visiting any time soon....

but yeah, no masks or vaccines cuz personal freedom.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    It should always be..

Afford 
    Available on demand
    Legal
    Safe
    Woman's choice 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    i just came here to say fuck texas

officially joined florida on my shit list of states i never need to visit again
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    Whatever you do, do not fill out this anonymous form with fake and/or insulting information.

https://prolifewhistleblower.com/anonymous-form/
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    edited September 2021
    well, since roe vs wade is going to be gone, i wonder if pychosinlove is finally happy?

pychoslinove is an old member that got banned like 10 or 12 years ago. very, veeeeerrry pro life.

he loved his smashmouth. and the unborn "babbies".
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ok, walk me through this...texas is a STATE. why is everyone screaming the sky is falling regarding roe v wade, a FEDERAL law? are you thinking that if this gets challenged to the supreme court, that's when they'll overturn it? do you really think that will happen? i mean, even the new conservative judges have gone on record saying "it's not our job to fuck with precedence". obviously paraphrasing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    biden admin vows to protect roe v wade. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-vows-protect-roe-v-wade-after-texas-abortion-law-takes-effect-2021-09-01/

good. stack the fuck out of the court. fuck em. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    ok, walk me through this...texas is a STATE. why is everyone screaming the sky is falling regarding roe v wade, a FEDERAL law? are you thinking that if this gets challenged to the supreme court, that's when they'll overturn it? do you really think that will happen? i mean, even the new conservative judges have gone on record saying "it's not our job to fuck with precedence". obviously paraphrasing. 

scotus to refused to stay the Talib excuse me Texas law

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    Roe v Wade, now overturned, is meant to overturn state laws attacking women's rights, such as the one passed by the Texas Taliban.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    that law was appealed to the supreme court, which is supposed to either issue a stay before the law goes into effect and take up the law for consideration and strike it down, or do nothing and let the new texas law go into effect. they chose to do nothing, so basically texas has a new law that outlaws abortion past the 6 week mark, which is earlier than many women know that they are pregnant.

also in theory allows a man to get his g/f pregnant, get the abortion, and then he can turn the girl in and collect $10,000 for having an abortion. yes, the law allows you to rat and turn people in that you know had an abortion and you can collect $10,000.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    that law was appealed to the supreme court, which is supposed to either issue a stay before the law goes into effect and take up the law for consideration and strike it down, or do nothing and let the new texas law go into effect. they chose to do nothing, so basically texas has a new law that outlaws abortion past the 6 week mark, which is earlier than many women know that they are pregnant.

also in theory allows a man to get his g/f pregnant, get the abortion, and then he can turn the girl in and collect $10,000 for having an abortion. yes, the law allows you to rat and turn people in that you know had an abortion and you can collect $10,000.
    yes, I understand all that, but roe is not "overturned". it's still federal law. I mean, sure, it's fucking difficult to get an abortion in texas now, and possibly soon in mississippi, but everywhere else is still fine. 

time the south secedes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

Because next time GQP is in charge they will use the Texas law as a template for Federal law

also, roe v wade is not a law, it's a court case
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    well, since roe vs wade is going to be gone, i wonder if pychosinlove is finally happy?

pychoslinove is an old member that got banned like 10 or 12 years ago. very, veeeeerrry pro life.

he loved his smashmouth. and the unborn "babbies".
    I think I remember “babbies” :lol:
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    edited September 2021
    I could be wrong but I believe abortion falls under the 14th amendment under privacy.  

So it’s actually a constitutional right. 
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Because next time GQP is in charge they will use the Texas law as a template for Federal law

a decision by the supreme court like this effectively negates any laws that contradict that decision, effectively making it law in purpose, but not technically. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    CM189191 said:

There's no chance for a federal law. If R v W is overturned,  limited,  etc, it means that each state will have its own abortion laws. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited September 2021
    nvm 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Biden launches federal effort to respond to Texas law as he faces pressure to protect abortion, but has few options https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics/biden-abortion/index.html
  • Options
    I know I am one of the few around here to agree with heavy abortion restrictions, so I am not really a fan of posting here, so instead I come with a question. Apologies if it’s ignorant. The topic of pregnancies from rape is always one of the first things around abortion restrictions that people bring up. Rape is horrific and it’s one of the only things that makes me question my stance on this topic. 

In the case of a rape though, wouldn’t pregnancy be something the victim is seriously worried about to begin with after it happens? Why aren’t they consistently taking pregnancy tests each week or so after it happens? Then the 6 week limit doesn’t seem so crazy or as surprising of a timeline to accept since tests can detect as early as 10 days after conception, correct? 

The trauma? Finances? Age of victims perhaps?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    I know I am one of the few around here to agree with heavy abortion restrictions, so I am not really a fan of posting here, so instead I come with a question. Apologies if it’s ignorant. The topic of pregnancies from rape is always one of the first things around abortion restrictions that people bring up. Rape is horrific and it’s one of the only things that makes me question my stance on this topic. 

In the case of a rape though, wouldn’t pregnancy be something the victim is seriously worried about to begin with after it happens? Why aren’t they consistently taking pregnancy tests each week or so after it happens? Then the 6 week limit doesn’t seem so crazy or as surprising of a timeline to accept since tests can detect as early as 10 days after conception, correct? 

probably a multitude of factors, the ones you mentioned, and more. 

the other issue that is problematic is that it's actually potentially dangerous to the mother to perform an abortion on a fetus that young (something I just read the other day, I didn't know that before). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621

All those things.. but the question is why put that arbitrary six weeks as a deadline?  Clearly this law is intended to eliminate 90% of abortions without technically running afoul of Roe.  6 weeks is one missed period plus two weeks? The stress and trauma from rape,  let alone normal life,  can cause a woman to miss her period. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

All those things.. but the question is why put that arbitrary six weeks as a deadline?  Clearly this law is intended to eliminate 90% of abortions without technically running afoul of Roe.  6 weeks is one missed period plus two weeks? The stress and trauma from rape,  let alone normal life,  can cause a woman to miss her period. 
    and that's even if the woman is regular, which many aren't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

I mean there has to be restrictions around abortion of some sort don’t you think? It might be arbitrary, but so are a lot of rules/laws. But then it comes back to when does life begin which is a topic that will never have an agreement. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    edited September 2021
    mrussel1 said:

Plan B, the morning after pill, can be used the next day after unprotected sex…..if you’re raped call the police and go directly to the hospital and ask for plan B or if it was just an accident with your partner then you can get it in a drug store.  I would recommend no girl/woman whose been raped do anything other than call the police and go to the hospital immediately after the act.  Have the hospital give you the pill and have it documented by nurse/physician. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

and that's even if the woman is regular, which many aren't. 
    I will never be able to fully understand what they go through, I would just think pregnancy is one of the first things I would worry about after that scenario. But I guess the factors I mentioned answered my own question. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016