DMB doing live concerts this summer outdoors - why not Pearl Jam ???

Roscoe28Roscoe28 Posts: 56
edited April 2021 in Other Music
Seems like amphitheaters are they way to go.   Step up for your fans fellas.  
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    DMB tours pretty much every year & play lots of shows.  Pearl Jam clearly does not feel the need to be DMB...I would rather they "step up" in that regard rather than be sure to go out and play when there is a pandemic still going on.

Pearl Jam playing every year - with lots of shows - sounds pretty sweet.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    Roscoe28 said:
    Seems like amphitheaters are they way to go.   Step up for your fans fellas.  
    If you're talking about DMB's 2021 summer tour dates, those were rescheduled from 2020, and at this time no one is sure if they'll actually happen. Expect a postponement announcement anytime. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Pearl Jam steps up for its fans by behaving responsibly and not putting people in danger. If you are expecting them to be among the first bands to play then you are likely to be disappointed. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    I hope DMB pulls off a great summer tour.  🤞🏻That should give some momentum to other bands getting going on the fall and hopefully Pearl Jam.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    edited April 2021
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    on2legs said:
    I hope DMB pulls off a great summer tour.  🤞🏻That should give some momentum to other bands getting going on the fall and hopefully Pearl Jam.  

Same here.  And I'll gladly attend a DMB show to hold me over if they play in my area.
  • I wouldn't get too excited just yet.  Are they still going to play if capacity is limited to 50%?  I have tickets to a July DMB show and am not very optimistic that I am going to see it.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    JimmyV said:
    Pearl Jam steps up for its fans by behaving responsibly and not putting people in danger. If you are expecting them to be among the first bands to play then you are likely to be disappointed. 

+1

I know we are all excited as vaccines roll out but don't forget we have worse numbers then we did this time last year.  This is still not over by a long shot.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    So selfish. This is the kind of shit that keeps COVID going!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I'm not banking on these yet, been waiting for the email postponing them to 2022. Same with the Black Crows, and GNR US dates. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    edited April 2021
    Aren’t Pearl Jam a significantly more popular band than DMB? I know here in Europe no one has heard of DMB. I only ever heard of them a couple of years ago. Not really famous like PJ, Foo Fighters etc. Assume DMB will play to smaller crowds unlike massive shows for PJ
    Post edited by drfox on
    drfox said:
    Aren’t Pearl Jam a significantly more popular band than DMB? I know here in Europe no one has heard of DMB. I only ever heard of them a couple of years ago. Not really famous like PJ, Foo Fighters etc. Assume DMB will play to smaller crowds unlike massive shows for PJ
    DMB has a huge cult following in the US.  They tour here way more than Pearl Jam.  Like nearly every year.  They play a lot of outdoor amphitheaters  in the summer and they sell a lot of tickets.  They also still hit the stadiums on occasion and have played Wrigley and Fenway.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Just curious what is selfish? Fauci himself said attending outdoor baseball games is a go this summer.  

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    on2legs said:
    drfox said:
    DMB has a huge cult following in the US.  They tour here way more than Pearl Jam.  Like nearly every year.  They play a lot of outdoor amphitheaters  in the summer and they sell a lot of tickets.  They also still hit the stadiums on occasion and have played Wrigley and Fenway.  

Yeah as much as I think PJ is better DMB is way bigger for tours in the US.  They tour like they have to work.

on2legs said:
    drfox said:

Yeah as much as I think PJ is better DMB is way bigger for tours in the US.  They tour like they have to work.

We try to see them every summer.  I think last year was the first time we didn’t see either DMB or Dave & Tim.   I’m a casual fan but I think they put on a great show.  It would be a dream if PJ would tour a few summers like them. 

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    drfox said:

We try to see them every summer.  I think last year was the first time we didn’t see either DMB or Dave & Tim.   I’m a casual fan but I think they put on a great show.  It would be a dream if PJ would tour a few summers like them. 

Yeah, saw them in Camden on back to back nights a bunch of summers ago.  It was fun -- the fans are very much like PJ fans as far as how into the band they are and the interactions with them. 
    A little too much to see 2 nights in a row, but my younger sister is a super fan and we were in the little baby pit @ BBT both nights and on the rail the 2nd night, so it was worth it to see how much she enjoyed it.

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    drfox said:

Yeah, saw them in Camden on back to back nights a bunch of summers ago.  It was fun -- the fans are very much like PJ fans as far as how into the band they are and the interactions with them. 
    A little too much to see 2 nights in a row, but my younger sister is a super fan and we were in the little baby pit @ BBT both nights and on the rail the 2nd night, so it was worth it to see how much she enjoyed it.

I saw Dave with a buddy in Camden like 7 or 8 years ago.  We were on the rail and my buddy got attacked by a drunk who mistook him for someone else.  My buddy was just defending himself and I was trying to pull the dude off and security tossed all of us.  Although they were at least very kind and courteous to us about it and even apologetic once they got the whole story. But it was near the end of the show so we missed the last couple songs and the show was almost over before they sorted it out so there was no point in going back down to the floor. 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    on2legs said:
    drfox said:

Mmmm... I love me a DMB tour.  I hit 3-4 per year.  At the same time, it's scheduled for early June with a shit ton of dates through October.  I don't think the first half of the tour happens, which is my half.  But we shall see. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    While PJ has had a bigger cultural impact, I'd say DMB is probably the best analog to PJ in terms of fandom size/passion/general popularity.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    While PJ has had a bigger cultural impact, I'd say DMB is probably the best analog to PJ in terms of fandom size/passion/general popularity.
    PJ fans are better.  I also think the way tickets are done are better as well.  Ants is their equivalent of this site, but it's not run by the band and there are some douchers on there for sure. 
    on2legs said:
    Just curious what is selfish? Fauci himself said attending outdoor baseball games is a go this summer.  

The band have made their statement. They aren't taking chances this year. Asking them to be DMB because OP can't wait is selfish to me. Just tuck in people. This is like that crowd at Hyde Park 2010. Everyone take 3 steps back, then 3 seconds later, everyone rushes back up front again. Anyone holding a festival or large outdoor gathering to a partially vaccinated populous is going to have trouble. Especially with this variant, which thank god, isn't killing people like the OG, but is spreading like wild fire right now. We just aren't there yet.
    www.cluthelee.com
    on2legs said:

The band have made their statement. They aren't taking chances this year. Asking them to be DMB because OP can't wait is selfish to me. Just tuck in people. This is like that crowd at Hyde Park 2010. Everyone take 3 steps back, then 3 seconds later, everyone rushes back up front again. Anyone holding a festival or large outdoor gathering to a partially vaccinated populous is going to have trouble. Especially with this variant, which thank god, isn't killing people like the OG, but is spreading like wild fire right now. We just aren't there yet.
    Gotcha. 

mrussel1 said:
    PJ fans are better.  I also think the way tickets are done are better as well.  Ants is their equivalent of this site, but it's not run by the band and there are some douchers on there for sure. 
    For sure here as well!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited April 2021
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • bejster23bejster23 Posts: 77
    I wouldn't get too excited just yet.  Are they still going to play if capacity is limited to 50%?  I have tickets to a July DMB show and am not very optimistic that I am going to see it.
    I have tickets for early July as well. I am not optimistic either. Wouldn't be surprised to see DMB reschedule for the open month of August. Following on Ants had been interesting, there really has been no solid intel on if the tour will happen or not.
    I am hoping for an announcement one way or the other soon.
    I’m encouraged by the feedback from some of the experts but certainly cautious about getting too excited.  I feel like the big artists are waiting for someone to go first and test the waters.  Then once the ice is broken the rest will jump in.  

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I feel like Sept. will be the real opening month for shows.
    I feel like Sept. will be the real opening month for shows.
    And I hope you’re right! Really, I do. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    For the record DMB is NOT confirming any new dates at this time.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    A summer of Pearl Jam playing a DMB schedule might be my new bucket list dream. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."