Options

DMB doing live concerts this summer outdoors - why not Pearl Jam ???

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    At a wedding reception or engagement party for the CEO of Real Media. this was back in 04? 05? Dave and his solo album band (minus Trey from Phish) played. Ed did a few solo songs in the middle of the DM set and then they played a song or 2 together acoustically.

• Options
    edited April 2021

jambands.com Published: 2004/11/16

Saturday night, Dave Matthews and Eddie Vedder shared the stage in their hometown of Seattle, performing at The Showbox. A wedding reception for Real Networks Chair and Chief Executive Officer Rob Glaser, the intimate gig turned into something of a power jam, featuring several of Glaser’s longtime friends. The private show opened with an hour-long performance by Matthews and collaborator Tim Reynolds, featuring a selection of the guitarists’ DMB material. Later that night, Matthews revived his Dave and Friends side project for a two-hour set consisting of his solo material and a wide range of covers. According to reports, this streamlined version of Dave and Friends did not feature Trey Anastasio, who toured with the collective last winter. Vedder joined the group for five songs, including Neil Young’s ‘Harvest Moon’ and ‘Rockin’ in the Free World,’ as well as Sly and the Family Stone’s ‘Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin).’ The group also dedicated a version of ‘Happy Birthday’ to Glaser’s wife. Vedder and Matthews recently collaborated in Washington, D.C. on the closing night of the traveling Vote for Change tour.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    McCready also joined DMB on stage in LA, I think just a few years ago. 
  • Options
    That’s right. He and Stefan also have a side project band. Forgot about that too. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    JimmyV said:
    Pearl Jam steps up for its fans by behaving responsibly and not putting people in danger. If you are expecting them to be among the first bands to play then you are likely to be disappointed. 
    So what about bands that wait till after PJ determine it’s ok to play? Are they stepping up even more for their fans? It gets pretty silly when you start putting bands on pedestals. 
    It won’t be 100 percent safe in a year. Question is how safe does it have to be. Every band will have a different answer to that question.  Doesn’t make their decision right or wrong. 
    It's not about putting them on a pedestal. It's about watching how they have conducted their business for 30 years - including last March when they were among the first bands to cancel/postpone dates - and understanding how unlikely it is that they are going to be among the first to start playing amphitheaters. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,377
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Pearl Jam steps up for its fans by behaving responsibly and not putting people in danger. If you are expecting them to be among the first bands to play then you are likely to be disappointed. 
    So what about bands that wait till after PJ determine it’s ok to play? Are they stepping up even more for their fans? It gets pretty silly when you start putting bands on pedestals. 
    It won’t be 100 percent safe in a year. Question is how safe does it have to be. Every band will have a different answer to that question.  Doesn’t make their decision right or wrong. 
    It's not about putting them on a pedestal. It's about watching how they have conducted their business for 30 years - including last March when they were among the first bands to cancel/postpone dates - and understanding how unlikely it is that they are going to be among the first to start playing amphitheaters. 

I've been saying it for over a year and ill say it again, any concert with GA will be redrawn anyway. I think it is highly unlikely Pearl Jam play an indoor, GA show, even in the spring.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    edited April 2021
    RS65573 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I've been saying it for over a year and ill say it again, any concert with GA will be redrawn anyway. I think it is highly unlikely Pearl Jam play an indoor, GA show, even in the spring.
    Why are they doing it in Europe then? Makes no sense to do it in a bunch of other countries but not your own. Also if this is their intention then they need to cancel and start over. Doing a redraw would be an nightmare especially with F2F tickets now in the mix. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    I dont know who is doing what in Europe that you are referring to. 

I would imagine the ticketmaster contract wont allow them to cancel and redraw until state health regulation are in line with doing that.

And yes it will be a huge cluster cluck. But it will be no matter what. So they will do it the safest way and that is without GA. Just based on 30 years of being cautious, as JimmyV says.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    RS65573 said:
    I dont know who is doing what in Europe that you are referring to. 

I would imagine the ticketmaster contract wont allow them to cancel and redraw until state health regulation are in line with doing that.

And yes it will be a huge cluster cluck. But it will be no matter what. So they will do it the safest way and that is without GA. Just based on 30 years of being cautious, as JimmyV says.
    You do not know that Pearl Jam rescheduled shows in Europe with GA?
  • Options
    I have not been following the Europe tour. Are they indoors?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just got back from a devils/rangers game.  20% indoor capacity, it s getting better every day!  I see a fall pj tour  on the horizon. 
    Did you have to show vax card?  Distancing?
    No vax card.  Temp check on entry.  Even sections entered an hour before the game, odd sections were a half hour.  You needed to enter the correct gate or you were sent out.  
    Masks on the whole game except to eat and drink.  Seating was like flying first class, there was no one around you.  
    They encouraged people to order food from their seat but it didn’t matter. 
    Even the bathrooms were socially distanced as in every other urinal was blocked off.  
    People were constantly cleaning everywhere.  We left early with two minutes to go in the third but at the conclusion of the game you exited when they called your section.  

Overall a very very positive experience except for the $14.50 Miller lites!!! Ouch.  (We passed).  No clue what a titos and club would have cost.  Lol

I went to a Cubs game a couple of weeks ago and the experience was almost identical except you could enter any gate and leave when you want when the game ended.  20% capacity as well.  The mask part was pretty loose as most people in their seats at a sporting event are eating/ drinking a fair amount.  Positive experience, but lacks the energy of a full house obviously.  I wouldn't want to go to a concert with 20% capacity, but the game was overall a good time.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    Yes. All I am saying is if thats what Pearl Jam intended I think they would have switched the shows they actually rescheduled already to floor seating.  Now if the government is making it a stipulation for getting concerts back they only have two options. Wait it out or cancel and sell all the tickets again. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    RS65573 said:
    Yes. All I am saying is if thats what Pearl Jam intended I think they would have switched the shows they actually rescheduled already to floor seating.  Now if the government is making it a stipulation for getting concerts back they only have two options. Wait it out or cancel and sell all the tickets again. 
    Was Europe through Ticketmaster? I dont think you will see indoor GA anywhere this year and probably next. Your saying they have booked confirmed shows inside in Europe for 2021? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    edited April 2021
    I'm sitting on a pair of Baltimore GAs and I hope like hell I get to use them eventually. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    PJNB said:
    RS65573 said:
    That poses challenges.  Usually GA capacity is a bit more than seated capacity, which means they would need to cancel some fans tickets.

To be honest.   I don't see GA being that much more dangerous than seated.   If the venue is full your walking past all sorts of people to get to your seats, you've got people within 6ft of you in front behind, left, right maybe....

I personally don't feel you're that much safer in seats than GA.   If no one was vaccinated, I would expect it to rip regardless.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I'm sitting on a pair of Baltimore GAs and I hope like hell I get to use them eventually. 
    Yeah me too.  I'm dying for that Baltimore show, in a small arena, after all the stadium shit in 16 and 18. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,556
    I just don't see the Dave shows happening this year.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    Gibson said:
    Me neither. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    RS65573 said:
    That poses challenges.  Usually GA capacity is a bit more than seated capacity, which means they would need to cancel some fans tickets.

To be honest.   I don't see GA being that much more dangerous than seated.   If the venue is full your walking past all sorts of people to get to your seats, you've got people within 6ft of you in front behind, left, right maybe....

I personally don't feel you're that much safer in seats than GA.   If no one was vaccinated, I would expect it to rip regardless.
    Agree fully.  Unless they do limited capacity shows, there is very little difference than being on top of the person next to you in a seat.

• Options
    ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    Gibson said:
    Understandable. But it is possible. They’re outdoors, and that’s one of the biggest factors here. But for that reason, PJ can’t go ahead anytime soon with their indoor shows as they have them planned right now. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    edited April 2021
    Random fact about myself: bartender is one of my all time favorite songs.  I m thinking top five.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Random fact about myself: bartender is one of my all time favorite songs.  I m thinking top five.  
    A wise choice.
  • Options
    ...And a killer song live.
  • Options
    BEF -> Bartender in 2000. I mean, come on. 
  • Options
    Random fact number 2: warehouse is my favorite song to play on acoustic.  
  • Options
    BEF -> Bartender in 2000. I mean, come on. 
    I'm going Raven, but I think we can all agree that Lillywhite Sessions was amazing..
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,556
    Did you guys know that Dave was on House?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mcgruff10 said:

Bartender from The Lillywhite Sessions is the best thing the band has ever recorded. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Jumb0 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Bartender from The Lillywhite Sessions is the best thing the band has ever recorded. 
    Just listened to the version from the lillywhite seesions for the first time....wow!   
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited April 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Is there a difference between this and what was recorded for busted stuff?

Yes. All of the the LWS songs that made it to Busted Stuff were re-recorded. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef4pG0wM0NA&ab_channel=SteelyDan
    Post edited by Jumb0 on