Options

DMB doing live concerts this summer outdoors - why not Pearl Jam ???

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    I feel like Sept. will be the real opening month for shows.
    That's what I thought too, and then the MCR tickets I had got delayed until 2022 lol
    Rage is out until 2022, the National isn't touring until 2022. 

I'm not expecting jack until next year.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    That's what I thought too, and then the MCR tickets I had got delayed until 2022 lol

Jack White?  Are you expecting a tour at all?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

At this point I would take Jack Black... gettin fuggin desperate over here. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    mrussel1 said:

Ive seen Tenacious D probably 20 times.  Don't sell Jables short, they were amazing.... especially when there would be a small number of people at the shows.  They would be just as over the top and it was even funnier.  
    :lol:.     

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    Deftones and Gojira just announced a summer tour
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    No order my top 10 DMB songs are:

Typical Situation
    Best of Whats Around
    Idea of You
    Tripping Billies
    So Damn Lucky
    Break for It  Dave acoustic
    Where Are you going
    Crush
    Two Step
    Crash into Me
  • Options
    oops that's 11.  :)
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Ive seen Tenacious D probably 20 times.  Don't sell Jables short, they were amazing.... especially when there would be a small number of people at the shows.  They would be just as over the top and it was even funnier.  

I've seen them... I loved them when the first album came out, and he's very talented... his act just wore thin on me after a few years.... I'm just not a fan.

I don't deny the talent though, he writes some awesome songs. 

Different strokes & whatnot. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Say Goodbye doesn't crack many top 10 lists, but it does mine.  Love that song and the 1-2 punch of #41 --> Say Goodbye is so damn good on the album.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    agreed. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,540
    Guys. We listing out top 10 DMB songs? 

Break Free
    Minarets (especially live at Luther)
    Say Goodbye
    Dreaming Tree
    The Stone
    You Might Die Trying
    Bartender
    Warehouse
    Granny
    What You Are

1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,540
    edited April 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Minarets live at Luther is one of my all time favorites.  
    YUP. 

I had a tough time getting into Dave when I started out listening to them. My friends were obsessed in the Crash era and I just didn't fully get it. This was the song that made everything make sense. Still an all time fav.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Gibson said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    YUP. 

I had a tough time getting into Dave when I started out listening to them. My friends were obsessed in the Crash era and I just didn't fully get it. This was the song that made everything make sense. Still an all time fav.
    Yeah, you have to get away from the pop sensibilities, I think.  It's all about the instruments.  I love just focusing in on Carter, or Dave's chord changes.  So every song has like five versions in my head, depending on the instrument where I'm focused.  It's how I listen to traditional jazz too. 
  • Options
    major developments on the ants website that DMB is touring this year.  Announcement tomorrow apparently.  Stay tuned.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    YUP. 

Yeah, you have to get away from the pop sensibilities, I think.  It's all about the instruments.  I love just focusing in on Carter, or Dave's chord changes.  So every song has like five versions in my head, depending on the instrument where I'm focused.  It's how I listen to traditional jazz too. 
    I like focusing on Dave's guitar playing as well.  It blows my mind to see how many frets his fingers can span.

• Options
    Mohegan Sun is now in November per reports.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Surprised DMB won't step up for their fans. 
  • Options
    Looks like New England will be August shows, except for Mohegan.  Mansfield and NH in August apparently.  Texas got cut.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    mrussel1 said:

I've seen them... I loved them when the first album came out, and he's very talented... his act just wore thin on me after a few years.... I'm just not a fan.

I don't deny the talent though, he writes some awesome songs. 

Different strokes & whatnot. 
    Nice. I saw them 5-6 times after the album, most times were around the time of the HBO show and the years following in LA, clubs mostly.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935

Surprised DMB won't step up for their fans. 
    :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    Looks like New England will be August shows, except for Mohegan.  Mansfield and NH in August apparently.  Texas got cut.
    Awesome of you to update. Any idea on dates for New Hampshire?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935
    I love this news.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    So does this mean they are cutting the first half of hte tour, or pushing deeper into the fall?
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    YUP. 

I like focusing on Dave's guitar playing as well.  It blows my mind to see how many frets his fingers can span.

Yeah, he does not play the "three magic chords" for rock and roll. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Better guitarist: Tim Reynolds or mccready?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Better guitarist: Tim Reynolds or mccready?
    Better?  Probably Reynolds.  More fun to watch in a show?  Definitely McCready. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So does this mean they are cutting the first half of hte tour, or pushing deeper into the fall?
    Does it just maybe mean indoor vs outdoor? I am not aware of the venues selected just a guess with Mohegan Sun being later. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Does it just maybe mean indoor vs outdoor? I am not aware of the venues selected just a guess with Mohegan Sun being later. 
    Yeah good point.  Typically there are about zero indoor arenas for his summer tour.  It's only for the fall/ winter tours which are rare and short.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Apparently we'll know tomorrow but from the Ants site:

2021 Tour (that I know of):

7/23 - Raleigh (opener)
    7/24 - Charlotte
    7/30 - 7/31: West Palm Beach

LDW: Gorge

9/17 - 9/18: SPAC
    9/21: Jones Beach

11/9 - 11/10: Mohegan Sun

Mansfield and NH: August

Camden: Unknown

Texas: CUT

NH not known yet.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Apparently we'll know tomorrow but from the Ants site:

2021 Tour (that I know of):

7/23 - Raleigh (opener)
    7/24 - Charlotte
    7/30 - 7/31: West Palm Beach

LDW: Gorge

9/17 - 9/18: SPAC
    9/21: Jones Beach

11/9 - 11/10: Mohegan Sun

Mansfield and NH: August

Camden: Unknown

Texas: CUT