Options

Sea. Hear. Now Festival 2020 Update

Comments

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,233

Thank you for these posts!  Great things to come!!!  Let’s go!!!  Doom and gloom be gone!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    A fall USA /Canadian tour would be sick.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hell yeah it would. 
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    edited March 2021
    I have Ohana tix but am now much more tempted to add on SHN if this is indeed the first show back. Especially with Roo confirmed for September. Maybe too optimistic, but I could use some hope these days. 
    Post edited by Lukeat911 on
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 581
    If all these other festivals are planning to proceed in late summer/fall and NFL expects full stadiums, I for one will be disappointed if PJ doesn't do the two september festivals. If those fests, which are bigger then PJ's two in terms of attendance can proceed, no reason SHN or Ohana can not.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,564
    mcgruff10 said:
    Literally.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    I do feel bad for someone that has not been on the forum the last couple of days to pop on and see 100 new posts and thinks something is up with the festival just to come and read all of our back and forth lol. 
    Always enjoy seeing your posts, my dude. 
    almost,  was offline for 24 hours and came back to 35 new posts.   BTW did I miss anything?  Was Rick Astley announced as the opener? 
    @D-Rod are you also heading to this festival?
    @mcgruff10 , probably not but never say never.  Really hard to plan for SHN when our land boarder is still closed and flying is even worse.  Plus I don’t want to give Canada more ammunition to kick me out. 
        Just in case keep me posted on New Jersey listing’s for Territory Sales Managers  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    I do feel bad for someone that has not been on the forum the last couple of days to pop on and see 100 new posts and thinks something is up with the festival just to come and read all of our back and forth lol. 
    Always enjoy seeing your posts, my dude. 
    almost,  was offline for 24 hours and came back to 35 new posts.   BTW did I miss anything?  Was Rick Astley announced as the opener? 
    @D-Rod are you also heading to this festival?
    @mcgruff10 , probably not but never say never.  Really hard to plan for SHN when our land boarder is still closed and flying is even worse.  Plus I don’t want to give Canada more ammunition to kick me out. 
        Just in case keep me posted on New Jersey listing’s for Territory Sales Managers  
    Ha ha. I got you!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 495
    edited March 2021
    chitty said:
    If all these other festivals are planning to proceed in late summer/fall and NFL expects full stadiums, I for one will be disappointed if PJ doesn't do the two september festivals. If those fests, which are bigger then PJ's two in terms of attendance can proceed, no reason SHN or Ohana can not.
    You cannot use sports at all in comparison. Logistically and economically, it’s apples and oranges. The NFL can expect full stadiums and even if they have to change that two days before the season starts, they can because the games will be played regardless due to the TV money. It is totally different than a concert. 

As far as other festivals and events being planned for fall, I can tell you that speaking to people in the industry, when you talk to them about the plans every sentence ends with the same two words “we hope.” Things are being planned hoping they will be possible and if they are not, they will be moved. Just as we saw with BST yesterday. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    chitty said:

The band's person feelings about this may not align with the NFL's or festival organizers.  (They may not base their decision on money.)  You can certainly be disappointed in them, certainly up to you, but we all should expect that Pearl Jam will make their decision based on what they feel is best.  Given their history, as mentioned a number of times, they are likely to include many factors beyond 1) is it legal and 2) can we make money at it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    chitty said:

The band's person feelings about this may not align with the NFL's or festival organizers.  (They may not base their decision on money.)  You can certainly be disappointed in them, certainly up to you, but we all should expect that Pearl Jam will make their decision based on what they feel is best.  Given their history, as mentioned a number of times, they are likely to include many factors beyond 1) is it legal and 2) can we make money at it.
    Even stronger.  I believe the decision will be 100% based on band and fan safety. And these festivals announcing now want your money.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Get_Right said:
    chitty said:

Even stronger.  I believe the decision will be 100% based on band and fan safety. And these festivals announcing now want your money.

Yes indeedy.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,791
    edited March 2021
    Get_Right said:
    chitty said:

Yes indeedy.
    Just saw an article that Tim B. posted on Twitter that they were the #1 most streamed performance/band of 2020. All things considered, not a bad return on that cost benefit analysis.

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    Are the $205 per person 2-day tickets the only ones available right now? Looking as a new buyer.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,233
    Are the $205 per person 2-day tickets the only ones available right now? Looking as a new buyer.
    I think so. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    CBS News reported this morning 106 million people have been vaccinated to date nationwide which is 40% of the adult population.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    edited April 2021
    Yes... it’s been at the $205 level for quite some time. All the tickets are 2-day by the way.  They don’t sell one day tix. 

I bought 5 early bird tickets before they announced the bands for $125 each with the intent to bring the whole family.  But with the postponement, my youngest is now too old to qualify for free entry so I bought another ticket for $205 and that was back in October I think.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Yes... it’s been at the $205 level for quite some time. All the tickets are 2-day by the way.  They don’t sell one day tix. 

I bought 5 early bird tickets before they announced the bands for $125 each with the intent to bring the whole family.  But with the postponement, my youngest is now too old to qualify for free entry so I bought another ticket for $205 and that was back in October I think.  
    I bought in at 205 about a month ago.  It’s a bit pricy but if it’s the first show back it will be the best 205 ever spent...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited April 2021
    on2legs said:
    CBS News reported this morning 106 million people have been vaccinated to date nationwide which is 40% of the adult population.  
    Which means we’re 60-70% of the way there considering only about 70% of people will take it

With other larger festivals like Bonnaroo basically guaranteed to happen this fall, I find it almost impossible that This and Ohana will not happen 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    on2legs said:
    Which means we’re 60-70% of the way there considering only about 70% of people will take it

With other larger festivals like Bonnaroo basically guaranteed to happen this fall, I find it almost impossible that This and Ohana will not happen 
    Who says they are guaranteed?  I think there is a decent chance they will happen, but I also think they just want your money.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Thank you! Yeah only considering now as I’m dying to see a live show, particularly PJ. May be worth it as someone else said if this holds. But looks like I don’t have to hurry to get tickets.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Who says they are guaranteed?  I think there is a decent chance they will happen, but I also think they just want your money.
    Tennessee has no restrictions, the festival will happen.  Not sure if it will sell out but there's no way it doesnt happen.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    on2legs said:

If you find it almost impossible that This and Ohana will not happen, would you like to give me odds?
    I will be generous and say 10 to 1 that it will not happen.
    If you think it is almost impossible that is free money for you.

Bet you a hundo that one of them does not happen.  $1,000 to me if one cancels.
    I think they both do.  20 to 1 on that for another c note?
    :lol:

I hope they both go. 
    I could see a reality where I attend both and have a great time. 
    However, knowing NJ and CA very well, as the place I live now and the place I lived for the 20+ years prior, I think that there is a good shot they both cancel.

• Options
    As the saying goes, “like unbeatable” is not unbeatable.  

• Options
    on2legs said:

If you find it almost impossible that This and Ohana will not happen, would you like to give me odds?

I hope they both go. 
    However, knowing NJ and CA very well, as the place I live now and the place I lived for the 20+ years prior, I think that there is a good shot they both cancel.

Haha, Very much same. Definitely want it to happen, but don't see it (yet). Though! More data coming out and I feel better than I did a month ago.
  • Options
    Aren’t most areas opening up the vaccine to 16+? We don’t think we’ll be ready to go by Sept?
  • Options
    on2legs said:

I hope they both go. 

Haha, Very much same. Definitely want it to happen, but don't see it (yet). Though! More data coming out and I feel better than I did a month ago.

Yeah, the numbers don't add up - but having confusing communication from what are meant to be reputable sources is nothing new, these days. 
    If there are 3-4MM people getting shots every day that is certainly a good thing.  Hope it continues, hope people get their second shots, and continue to take basic precautions until we have a better understanding of what this all means....

• Options
    on2legs said:

I hope they both go. 

Yeah, the numbers don't add up - but having confusing communication from what are meant to be reputable sources is nothing new, these days. 
    If there are 3-4MM people getting shots every day that is certainly a good thing.  Hope it continues, hope people get their second shots, and continue to take basic precautions until we have a better understanding of what this all means....

And the other part of it is there's a whole lot of runway right now, too. The rate of people getting vaxed isn't exponential and will continue to follow this great increase. As we get to more and more people with vax's you're going to start to plateau as it gets to the point that it'll get harder and harder to get enough people vaccinated - whether because of age, color, technologically illiterate (age), under-served communities, politics (ignorant, brain washed sheep), etc. etc.

All we can keep doing is keep collecting more data.....and passively aggressively coerce our dumb friends to just get the fucking shot.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

I hope they both go. 

And the other part of it is there's a whole lot of runway right now, too. The rate of people getting vaxed isn't exponential and will continue to follow this great increase. As we get to more and more people with vax's you're going to start to plateau as it gets to the point that it'll get harder and harder to get enough people vaccinated - whether because of age, color, technologically illiterate (age), under-served communities, politics (ignorant, brain washed sheep), etc. etc.

All we can keep doing is keep collecting more data.....and passively aggressively coerce our dumb friends to just get the fucking shot.
    I’m optimistic that science will come out that shows each vaccinated person is a firewall in the chain in addition to being protected themselves.  That will be the magic that we need for this thing to fade away.