Sea. Hear. Now Festival 2020 Update

Comments

• Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    on2legs said:
    Good news in general to be sure but has no bearing on concerts in general or SHN as the guidance specifically says any event with a crowd, people still need to wear masks even if vaccinated. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,730
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Good news in general to be sure but has no bearing on concerts in general or SHN as the guidance specifically says any event with a crowd, people still need to wear masks even if vaccinated. 
    Is concert happening today or in September?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    BB162610 said:
    Anyone know if GA+ is worth splurging for on Ticketmaster Exchange vs. GA?  Does it get you any closer or just AC bathrooms?
    • All the benefits of the General Admission ticket above, plus:
    • A private lounge with seating
    • Private, air-conditioned restrooms
    • Full-service bar with beer, wine and cocktails for purchase

For my two cents, access to a private lounge with seating at a festival is golden.  Still bitter with my wife for talking me out of the top VIP package at GCF - could have had beers with Ed, Common, and Bill Nye backstage!  :lol:     Instead I sat on the hard ground in our VIP area through flipping Ed Sheeran and other schlock, which was only VIP because we were up close - not much else about it was VIP based on what I could see. 
    For a regular show I would say it is not worth it but for a festival there are likely to be acts you don't give a crap about and having a place to go and chill during that is worth quite a bit.
    Usually this tier nonsense is all bullshit.

To me it seems the benefit here would be the bar, but I feel that's all a gimmick since everyone else who buys this ticket feels the same way and will end up waiting in a line for a drink anyway.

Best seat at any festival is in the wayyyyy back where no one's crammed the fuck up and has that one beer tent that no one's patronizing. 

I also want to be able to sit or stand with my feet in the ocean (pronounced oh-ew-shin, in Delco-ese) while listening to Pearl Jam, otherwise this whole goddamn show is laaaaame. And, of course, that's if this show actually happens, as I still believe it won't while looking forward to gladly being proven wrong.

Sitting in a chair...I would have paid a c note for 5 minutes I bet @ a number of points during GCF. 
    I hear ya on being in the water. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    It does have a bearing as it shows that numbers are trending in the right direction and restrictions are being reduced which is a great sign for how things might be in September.   41% of adults in NJ are fully vaccinated and the state expects to reach 70% by the end of June. This is all good news and a good sign for things to come.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    It does have a bearing as it shows that numbers are trending in the right direction and restrictions are being reduced which is a great sign for how things might be in September.   41% of adults in NJ are fully vaccinated and the state expects to reach 70% by the end of June. This is all good news and a good sign for things to come.  

That is all fabulous news but until there can be events without social distancing, I don’t see concerts returning. Could be by fall, we will see. As a baseball season ticket holder, I’ve been to the stadium with large crowds outside. Nobody, including me, is wearing a mask (at their seats). We are distanced as required. Nobody is going to wear a mask during a ten hour music festival so social distancing will likely continue to be required and you can’t have social distancing at a festival like SHN. Any event planned before the pandemic has that to overcome. 
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

That is all fabulous news but until there can be events without social distancing, I don’t see concerts returning. Could be by fall, we will see. As a baseball season ticket holder, I’ve been to the stadium with large crowds outside. Nobody, including me, is wearing a mask (at their seats). We are distanced as required. Nobody is going to wear a mask during a ten hour music festival so social distancing will likely continue to be required and you can’t have social distancing at a festival like SHN. Any event planned before the pandemic has that to overcome. 
    5 months away....
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,159
    Pilgrimage festival in Tennessee in same weekend as Ohana just announced a blind presale.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,624
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....
    Texas Rangers did it and nothing bad happened
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

That’s like me saying it might snow this winter. And you say that’s fabulous but until it’s below 32 degrees we won’t see any snow.  

Everything you are stating is obvious and clear to people here. We’re talking about a future event and conditions that are trending in the right direction. We aren’t discussing a concert that’s scheduled for next week. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    That's silly. I highly doubt the logistics of said event are going to wait until kickoff five months from now.
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,229
    Pearl Jam and all involved have a great opportunity to ring in a return to sanity this September!  Let’s hope they persevere and can pull it off!!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
    edited April 2021
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....
    And as discussed many times before, the decision to play cannot wait to be made until the day of the show. There will be a date prior to the show where if social distancing hasn’t been lifted, they will have a problem. Just as was said here at the time when Boris Johnson announced a target date to lift UK restrictions on June 15. BST in London wasn’t going to happen in July with a June 15 decision date. They would have needed to know months before the show date. Plus again, it’s not only social distancing being lifted, it will likely need to include a determination of whether masks can be properly enforced because unfortunately it is highly unlikely tens of thousands of people will be allowed to gather in close proximity without masks by September. 

Certainly hope it can happen but these are just facts of the situation. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,229
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....
    And as discussed many times before, the decision to play cannot wait to be made until the day of the show. 
    They can decide to not cave in the meantime. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
    edited April 2021
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....
    And as discussed many times before, the decision to play cannot wait to be made until the day of the show. 
    They cancelled the 2020 date on June 25 last year under dire conditions.  So we have a two month cushion  at least and I bet they let it ride longer than that this year if conditions continue to trend in the right direction. 

Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....
    And as discussed many times before, the decision to play cannot wait to be made until the day of the show. There will be a date prior to the show where if social distancing hasn’t been lifted, they will have a problem. Just as was said here at the time when Boris Johnson announced a target date to lift UK restrictions on June 15. BST in London wasn’t going to happen in July with a June 15 decision date. They would have needed to know months before the show date. Plus again, it’s not only social distancing being lifted, it will likely need to include a determination of whether masks can be properly enforced because unfortunately it is highly unlikely tens of thousands of people will be allowed to gather in close proximity without masks by September. 

Certainly hope it can happen but these are just facts of the situation. 
    I am not trying to be rude in saying this but isn't this all captain obvious stuff? All on2legs posted was an article with restrictions being lifted. No one is saying this news guarantees shows in the fall and we all know festivals need time to prepare. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,789
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....
    Texas Rangers did it and nothing bad happened
    Have you seen the Texas Rangers play? Something bad did happen! 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,159
    Regarding the parallels with BST, there are a few things that make SHN less likely to be postponed in my estimation:

1) It is 2+ months later to begin with;
    2) While I argued BST was not really part of the Euro tour, a lot of people thought it was and thus it got swept up with the tour postponement; as of now SHN is a pure stand alone event;
    3) I would guess at least 1/3 BST ticket holders were not from the UK; whereas I doubt even 1/10 SHN attendees would be from outside the US.  I have to think all that international travel was a factor in the BST decision.

None of the above proves the event will proceed, but the odds aren’t bad at this moment.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    I think the biggest reason to doubt that this event will actually take place is that they’ve already sold a ton of tickets for it, and they’re still selling more. There’s no option to do it with even slightly limited capacity because the tickets are already sold - it’s 100% or nothing. 
    tdawe said:
    I think the biggest reason to doubt that this event will actually take place is that they’ve already sold a ton of tickets for it, and they’re still selling more. There’s no option to do it with even slightly limited capacity because the tickets are already sold - it’s 100% or nothing. 
    I think they have to do that no matter what.  Without a near sellout the financials won’t work and it goes broke.  So I agree… we really have to be in great shape for it to happen 

Beautiful day in Asbury Park for some day drinking today =)

FYI… 42% of adults in NJ are fully vaccinated and 60% have had at least 1 dose.  Heading for 70% fully vaccinated by the end of June. 

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,764
    Ahhhh I get it now - didn't realize you live in and/or around where this is taking place. Makes a lot more sense. Welp - I certainly hope for your sake it happens
    Ahhhh I get it now - didn't realize you live in and/or around where this is taking place. Makes a lot more sense. Welp - I certainly hope for your sake it happens
    Yeah… I’m a local and pretty excited.  But even more excited that if we can have a concert that means we’re in pretty good shape virus wise.  I hope wherever you are is well on its way to having shows soon!

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    Just grabbed tickets. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    on2legs said:

Brick wall?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

Brick wall?
    Asbury Ale House and some Kane Brewery =)

• That Ale house is great. One of my spots 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

Brick wall?
    Excellent!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    That Ale house is great. One of my spots 
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

Brick wall?
    Excellent!!
    =)

• FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    edited April 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

Brick wall?
    Brick Wall officially is closed. Heard they will be rebranding to something else. When all is said and done brick wall and ale house we're too similar to be right across the street from each other.
    Post edited by FW46778 on
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey